Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,514 members, 7,958,561 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:14 PM

If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? (5844 Views)

Should I Leave Or Stay? / Ladies ; Would You leave Your Husband In A Place Like This (photo) / Do I Leave Or Remain In This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 14, 2014
Where I wan stand for him to even hit me once sef?My mouth sharp,but I talk from afar so the once won't ever happen. tongue

2 Likes

Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 14, 2014
Tval:
Of course
Ok I give it a try then smiley
Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Tval(m): 6:40pm On Sep 14, 2014
Almeria: Ok I give it a try then smiley

As you can see, I didn't do anything, or did I?
Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 14, 2014
If my wife hits me ONCE, we're done! cool
Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by ladygogo: 7:09pm On Sep 14, 2014
alutacontinua: If my wife hits me ONCE, we're done! cool

wait! are you male now? grin

2 Likes

Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by ladygogo: 7:15pm On Sep 14, 2014
*sigh*Titi Arowolo's pics still gives me the eebie jeebies.

Even if I refused to leave, i trust my Daddy to come uproot me from the house.

No I wont stay o.
Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 7:31pm On Sep 14, 2014
I don't want to imagine this. Staying would be a mistake.

1 Like

Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by cococandy(f): 8:01pm On Sep 14, 2014
I know if I said I'll up and leave the first time,many people would be like ha what happened to forgiveness bla bla.
True I'm big on forgiveness o.
But hitting is very different and even if I don't leave that first time,it might eventually lead to the loss of something very vital in the union which could result also in leaving.

I'm saying this because I see myself as very precious to my husband.he would walk the length of the earth for me kiss kiss
Anything that will make him turn around and treat me like the enemy by hitting me,means that the problem is even bigger than the hitting itself.

Hard to say. But I'm very sure that even if the first time is resolved,the second time will be the final time.
But once is ALWAYS enough.
For almost every case.

1 Like

Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by cococandy(f): 8:07pm On Sep 14, 2014
You be my oga. Darling how can I hit you?
Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by bukatyne(f): 8:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
This depends on several factors:

If I knowingly married an abuser, I will carry my cross + walk on egg shells to avoid his anger

If my husband slapped me during an argument (aftering knowing him for almost 9yrs), I would not leave but give a very stern warning/report to my family/our pastor and friends. Second time... see gobe grin

If my hubby just slapped me out of the blues (no previous fracas, no argument, I will pray seriously about it (after raking sha)
Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Danhumprey: 9:14pm On Sep 14, 2014
LMAO. Aluta,you are a clown!gringrin

1 Like

Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Seun(m): 9:26pm On Sep 14, 2014
If my partner hits me once she'll never get to hit me again, because from that day, whenever we're arguing, my hands will be like this:

22 Likes 9 Shares

Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by egopersonified(f): 10:05pm On Sep 14, 2014
Carefreewannabe, u be sss, cia or fbi, see interogation?! Aluta which day u turn (m), abi our oga at the top don dey change sex after username wahala?
Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
egopersonified: Carefreewannabe, u be sss, cia or fbi, see interogation?! Aluta which day u turn (m), abi our oga at the top don dey change sex after username wahala?

A researcher cool
Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by aljharem(m): 10:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
Seun: If my partner hits me once she'll never get to hit me again, because from that day, whenever we're arguing, my hands will be like this:

Hahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 14, 2014
Danhumprey: LMAO. Aluta,you are a clown!gringrin

I know lipsrsealed

cococandy: You be my oga. Darling how can I hit you?

That's why I love you kiss kiss kiss

ladygogo:

wait! are you male now? grin

always have, always will!

the (f) I put in front of my usernam before was a kinda experimental thing. wink
Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Ishilove: 12:54am On Sep 15, 2014
Seun: If my partner hits me once she'll never get to hit me again, because from that day, whenever we're arguing, my hands will be like this:
Rotfl! O lenu bi nuclear bomb cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Nobody: 2:34am On Sep 15, 2014
So seun has decided to start commenting on family section?

Tot it was not part of his forum lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Nobody: 2:39am On Sep 15, 2014
snazzylove: I gort married to stay married. If he hits me first time, I will not leave, second time, no I will still not leave, (this is if am ver certain my hussy is not the abusive type). Rather I will try to find out the root cause of the hitting, maybe its something am doing or saying, or something is having an influence on him e.g alcohol. Leaving is a last resort when every option has been exhausted and its glaring that he ain't stopping, that no matter what I do or say or not say he will hit me. Then I think I'll take the walk.
Don't want to die untimely, this life too sweet grin.

With this mindset,you will leave as a corpse if you married an abusive man

Please no woman should think of doing the above

2 Likes

Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Tallesty1(m): 5:11am On Sep 15, 2014
laidol: If you partner hits you just once, my dear then it means he /she has violent tendencies and that hardly ever changes. If you are still dating you better take a walk immediately but if u are married, it wont be that easy to walk out. Once is enough to decide
What if the problem is in you?
Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Tallesty1(m): 5:13am On Sep 15, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I don't see why it is not easy to walk away from a violent partner because you are married.

I would not hesitate. It is the peak of disrespect to hit your spouse.
You need to find out why, it could be that s/he's had enough.
Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by gidjah(m): 5:41am On Sep 15, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I don't see why it is not easy to walk away from a violent partner because you are married.

I would not hesitate. It is the peak of disrespect to hit your spouse.
SORRY MAA'M ,are u married?would that be easy to do for u?
Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Tallesty1(m): 5:41am On Sep 15, 2014
snazzylove: @carefreewannabe, read my post again. No, alcohol is not an excuse.
@kreamidiva, am talking about a husband here not some boyfriend or fiance. And NO again, I will not walk out on my hussy cos he hit me once. If you go thru my post again, I s said if am sure my hussy is not d abusive type. For instance if in a 7yrs old marriage hussy just hit you once, so instead of finding out what led to that you pack your bags and go? No, I will not do that.
Some of them don't think about that and that is why we will have alot of divorce in future because of the notion that hiting a woman is the highest crime a man will commit. I hate violence thou. My reaction when my partner hits me would depend on the situation and how the relationship had been prior to that. I'm not saying it would be okay, but there MIGHT be a situation where it could be forgiven... I can't end a relationship where we both have been through toughest weather and climbed the highest mountain because of a just slap. What if I brought it on myself? It could be that I'm becoming irresponsible (maybe I started coming home drunk or something worse) and she is tired of complaining. I'm not trying to justify the act but leaving your partner who is loving and caring and not abusive shows that you are irresponsible and deserves a slap. If you can't take a slap then don't do what will warrant one. Most times you women wind the hell out of us men because we can't give you a whack. If he takes more than he could, he'll snap and probably whack you.

4 Likes

Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Tallesty1(m): 5:45am On Sep 15, 2014
temigracie:

lol..tanks alot, sis....

No-one loves violence...No-one prays or wish for it....since marriage is for enjoyment not endurance....
Marriage is both. You enjoy the good times and endure the hard times because you both are in it and are determined to make it work.

3 Likes

Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by gidjah(m): 5:58am On Sep 15, 2014
certain things promote violence at home and untill they are addressed.....once u are hit by your spouse pls check why n see if u can adjust.MY DAD use to hit his other wife (while my mum is d calm type)until she changed her overtalkin style with her big mouth and today they still together after 20years.if she has had advisers like care free woman and d likes who want to spread their wings all d time,am so sure she will hav bin jumpin from one man to another now LOOKIN FOR ' D PERFECT GENTLE MAN'!

2 Likes

Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by oyeludef(m): 6:52am On Sep 15, 2014
i will answer diis questn wiit questions. we were all brought up by african parents(i will assume). to be sincere i believe ur mum must av told u of a time she was slapped by ur dad (mayb as newly weds b4 dey really got to understand each other). now d question i wold u av gotten to where u r today if mum had left nd u were brought up in a broken home? secondly wld u have forgiven her so easily for leaving cos of a slap or two? does ur dad still slap her (of cus not dey av both outgrown d urge to provoke each other to dat extent). d success of a home lies mostly on the mother dan father. As long as life is not under threat. (if ur spouse threaten you wit a knife or cutlass u r free to leave dat very minute). marriage is not jst abt u

1 Like

Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by tracyfemmmm: 7:20am On Sep 15, 2014
carefreewannabe: What would you do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn-dMy6ESzM
the groom is a bastard.this video made me so angry,even if she bite him on purpose so thats reason to slap her,idiot!!! angry.

1 Like

Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 15, 2014
zboyd: Would you leave your BF/GF/Fiance/Fiancee/Husband/Wife if s/he hit you ONE TIME or would you stay?

If you stay, what if it happened a SECOND TIME, even if they promised it would NEVER happen again?

Would you leave then?

How many times would it take him or her hitting you, before you leave, IF you decide to leave?
j

it happened not once or twice.it keeps getting brutal each time he hits me but coz i was married i felt i could cope and he wuld change but web d last hit almost took my life i ran as far as i could wit my baby.

today av neva been this happy for leaving.maybe i might av ended up 6ft below.

just one hit is enof to say goodbye coz its gonna keep getting harder.
women ar not punching bags if u ar relly angry take a walk nd chillout

1 Like

Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Godmystrength: 11:05am On Sep 15, 2014
oyeludef: i will answer diis questn wiit questions. we were all brought up by african parents(i will assume). to be sincere i believe ur mum must av told u of a time she was slapped by ur dad (mayb as newly weds b4 dey really got to understand each other). now d question i wold u av gotten to where u r today if mum had left nd u were brought up in a broken home? secondly wld u have forgiven her so easily for leaving cos of a slap or two? does ur dad still slap her (of cus not dey av both outgrown d urge to provoke each other to dat extent). d success of a home lies mostly on the mother dan father. As long as life is not under threat. (if ur spouse threaten you wit a knife or cutlass u r free to leave dat very minute). marriage is not jst abt u
It is not only a knife or a cutlass that can pose a threat to someones life. A WRONG push can send someone to the great beyond.... a slap can puncture your eardrum.... a wrong word can harm you psychologically.... etc. You will never know when it will happen.... why should anyone be made to endure any kind of abuse?? sad

@OP- i don't know how to answer your question. But one thing i know is that the ''union'' will never be the same again. I just pray not to find myself in such kind of mess sad That is why i try as much as possible not to put my partner in a situation where he will be tested....

2 Likes

Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 15, 2014
If we are just dating I'll still stay after the first if the reason for his action was caused by me and he's really sorry (tho there's no good reason a guy should lay hands on a lady) but if he tries it again am gone.
Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Godmystrength: 11:59am On Sep 15, 2014
Tallesty1: Marriage is both. You enjoy the good times and endure the hard times because you both are in it and are determined to make it work.
one person shouldn't be the one enjoying and enduring. they both should. And i don't think the hard times we talk about in marriage should be ABUSE.

2 Likes

Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by sarutobie(m): 1:03pm On Sep 15, 2014
lets say a union of five years with kids involved, your wife hits you during a misunderstanding, the man should leave the union because "once is ALWAYS enough"?? do you people actually think through what you post here? or you assumed only men hit women in a marriage?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help! My Marriage Is Making Me Lose My Mind. / I Caught My Wife Aborting Another Man's Pregnancy - Sterling Bank Manager (pix) / A Nairlander Needs Your Help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.