Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Believe In God For Establishment! Believe His Prophet For Prosperity! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Believe In God For Establishment! Believe His Prophet For Prosperity! (5977 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Seening A Prophet For A Wife Confirmation How True? / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Believe In God For Establishment! Believe His Prophet For Prosperity! by vooks: 7:53pm On Aug 28, 2015
davidiyke:

MIRACLES DEFINE THE GOSPEL!
Only those who are afraid HIDE! Or are you of the Jehovah Witness group?
You are a quack
Re: Believe In God For Establishment! Believe His Prophet For Prosperity! by davidiyke(m): 10:22am On Aug 31, 2015
vooks:

You are a quack
Your jehovah is not JEHOVAH! Keep Hiding like Shekau of Boko Haram! One day God will reveal you or you may incur his wrath.
Re: Believe In God For Establishment! Believe His Prophet For Prosperity! by davidiyke(m): 10:39am On Aug 31, 2015
Why Pastors Don’t Go To Heaven (2) By Femi Aribisala

on February 23, 2014 / in Article of Faith 6:27 am / Vanguard Newspapers

I became the Pastor of Healing Wings, Chapel of Faith in 1998. But nine years later, I felt constrained to resign. My resignation came from the sudden realisation that even though God specifically called me to ministry, he never asked me to pastor a church. I have also come to realise that Jesus while Jesus calls prophets, wise men and inspired writers (Matthew 23:34); he calls no one to be a pastor for the simple reason that he is the only pastor of the Church of God.

One single pastor

In the Old Testament, when the bible speaks of pastors, it is often in condemnation. Ezekiel castigates them as self-centred and egocentric. (Ezekiel 34:2-4). Jeremiah says as a result of their incompetence, the sheep of God have gone astray. (Jeremiah 50:6). How does God intend to remedy the situation? The answer lies in Jesus Christ; the wisdom of God.

Solomon warns that we should be wary of a situation where God is said to lead his people through more than one pastor: “The sayings of the wise are like goads, and like nails firmly fixed are the collected sayings which are given by ONE PASTOR. My son, beware of anything beyond these.” (Ecclesiastes 12:11-12). Therefore, God decrees the summary dismissal of all pastors; to be replaced by one solitary true and faithful pastor: “I will establish ONE PASTOR over them, and he shall feed them- my servant David. He shall feed them and be their pastor. And I, the LORD, will be their God. (Ezekiel 34:23-24). “David my servant shall be king over them, and they shall all have ONE PASTOR.” (Ezekiel 37:24).

In asserting that “the Lord is my pastor,” David himself acknowledges that it is the Lord that must be the pastor of his people. (Psalm 23:1). Much later, Matthew confirms that the promised pastor is Jesus, the root and the offspring of David. (Revelation 22:16). He says: “Thus it is written by the prophet: But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, are not the least among the rulers of Judah; for out of you shall come a ruler who will pastor my people Israel. (Matthew 2:5-6). Indeed, Jesus is the only pastor since David who is also “the king of Israel.” (John 10:11; 19:14).

The good pastor

Jesus identifies himself as the promised pastor of the scriptures. He declares: “I am the good pastor; and I know my sheep, and am known by my own.” (John 10:14). In Jesus is fulfilled God’s promise to take care of his flock all by himself: “I will feed my flock, and I will make them lie down. I will seek what was lost and bring back what was driven away, bind up the broken and strengthen what was sick.” (Ezekiel 34:15-16).

Since Jesus distinguishes himself as “the good pastor,” it follows that all other pastors are “bad pastors.” Indeed, Jesus declares: “All who ever came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.” (John 10:cool. He then maintains that, in the Church of God, there will be one congregation and one pastor: “I have other sheep that do not belong to this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock and ONE PASTOR.” (John 10:16).

That means one church and one pastor. A man cannot have two pastors at the same time? That would just be confusing. The sheep cannot follow two shepherds going in different directions. God hates the double-minded. (Psalm 119:113). James is categorical: “A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.” (James 1:cool. So we have to make a choice as to which church we belong and who exactly is our pastor.

Bad pastors

Accordingly, Jesus specifically prohibits his disciples from assuming ministerial positions of authority since they are reserved exclusively for him alone. He says: “Do not be called ‘Rabbi’; for one is your teacher, the Christ, and you are all brethren” (Matthew 23:cool. He says furthermore: “Do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. Nor are you to be called ‘teacher,’ for you have one Teacher, the Christ.” (Matthew 23:9-10).

This means all those still calling themselves “Pastor Moses” and “Father Paul” today are charlatans; without exception. In the Church of God, the Father is the source of all authority and from him it flows to Jesus, the Son. (Matthew 28:18). Jesus does not transfer this authority to some pastor, bishop or pope. Neither does he delegate the authority given to him.

Instead, he warns us: “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and those who are great exercise authority over them. Yet IT SHALL NOT BE SO AMONG YOU; but whoever desires to become great among you, let him be your servant. And whoever desires to be first among you, let him be your slave just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life a ransom for many.” (Matthew 20:25-28).

This means in the New Testament church, all believers are equal in status. There is no guru; no head-honcho; no general overseer. Nobody should be designated pastor today because we are now, one and all, “a royal priesthood?” (1 Peter 2:9). There is no exclusive office of the priest today because Christ has now made all believers priests to God? (Revelation 1:6/5:10). The only power and authority Jesus gives to his disciples is over demons and diseases. (Luke 9:1).

Bible dishonesty

How then can we explain the proliferation of pastors in Christian churches today, in spite of Jesus’ clear-cut injunctions? The answer lays in Paul, a man who systematically undermines Jesus in the bible.

Paul twisted a verse in Psalm 68 to make it seem as if it is written in the scriptures that Jesus would establish ministerial positions. The psalmist says men gave gifts to the Lord: “When you ascended on high, you led captives in your train; you RECEIVED gifts from men. (Psalm 68:18). But Paul distorted this to say men received gifts from the Lord: “This is why it says: ‘When he ascended on high, he led captives in his train and GAVE gifts to men.’” (Ephesians 4:cool. This then enabled him to say that pastors are God’s gift to men. (Ephesians 4:11-12). This is entirely bogus.

Bible translators conspire to hide Paul’s contradiction of Jesus by translating the same Greek word, “poimen” as “shepherd” (John 10:14); when it refers to Jesus’ injunctions, and as “pastor” (Ephesians 4:11), when it refers to the leadership of the contemporary Christian church. That way, the undiscerning remains unaware that Jesus’ radical injunctions are applicable to the thief-and-robber pastors of today.

What are we to conclude from this? All those who still call themselves pastors today are not disciples of Jesus. Their authority is not from heaven: their authority is from men. Pastors today are people flagrantly violating the will of God. Jesus warns: “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father in heaven.” (Matthew 7:21).
Re: Believe In God For Establishment! Believe His Prophet For Prosperity! by davidiyke(m): 11:01am On Aug 31, 2015
A personal Scriptural Letter to Pastor Femi Aribisala, by Mike Diagbare

on August 17, 2014 / in News, Worship 12:23 am / Vanguard News

I have for some time now read many of your articles and contribut-ions in the Vanguard Newspapers, especially the articles on religion, quite a number I agree with and acknowledge you not only as a good writer but also an important contributor to religious knowledge.

There is, however, a topic I vehemently disagree with and also find very offensive—your writings about the Apostle Paul. You are not only wrong but totally ignorant and misinformed in your articles about the Apostle Paul. Your last article in Sunday Vanguard of August 3, 2014, titled the Good News and the Deceitful News” provoked me enough to reply to your continuous attack on Apostle Paul. ”

Let me quote you, “those who follow Jesus did so because of His life. But, because of Paul’s ignorance about His life, many who follow Jesus now do so because of bogus claims about His death”…. Whatsoever good news Jesus proclaimed has nothing to do with the death on the cross or any sacrifice for sin. This is because Jesus and his disciples preached the good news before His crucifixion. So doing, not once did they say he would die for our sins.”

Femi, here is a script-ure you should read. Matthew 20:17-28: “Now, as Jesus was going up to Jerusalem, He took the twelve disciples aside and said to them, ‘We are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be betrayed to the chief priest and teachers of the Law. They will condemn Him to death and turn him over to the Gentiles and be mocked and flogged and crucified. On the third day, He will be raised to life’ … Just as the Son of Man did not come to be served but to serve and give His life as a RANSOM for many.”

These were the actual words of Jesus; not Apostle Paul’s. If Jesus said He gave His life as ransom, what was wrong with Apostle Paul saying it in 1 Corinth-ians, 15:1-4, which you yourself quoted. Is it not obvious here that the good news you referred to as Apostle Paul’s fabrication is very much tied to Jesus’s death? Verse 2 of 1 Corinthians 15 further says: “By this gospel you are saved if you hold on firmly to the word I preached to you.” What then is the contradiction in Apostle Paul’s interpretation of the good news of the coming, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ?

It is obvious you were not knowledgeable enough to know this Scripture exist in the bible. If you knew you would not have accused Apostle Paul of fabricat-ing Scripture. You have in the past formed the habit of quoting the gospel out of context, paraphrasing and using unacceptable language, such as “fraudulent”, “ignorant”, “bogus” etc with regards to Apostle Paul’s ministry.

Knowing the Scriptur-es as I do, I can comfort-ably say these adjectives really qualify your writ-ings on Apostle Paul. Why would you write trash such as; “The pro-blem with this good news is that it is one big deception. It is actually contrary to the true one delivered. Paul was not one of Jesus’s disciples. He never heard Jesus preach and he displays unpardonable ignorance about Jesus’s doctrine in his epistles. Bereft of the discipleship of Jesus, Paul fabricated his own christology.”

Femi, if you say the suffering, death or crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus is not the good news Apostle Paul wrote about, then, you should tell your readers what is. You also wrote: “In-deed, if Jesus has really taken away our sins, how come ‘sinless priests’ are still raping young boys? How come ‘sinless pastors’ continue to swindle the gullible poor of their meager savings? If, according to Paul, Christians are new creations in whom old things have passed away, behold all things have become new (II Corinthians 5:17), why are we still cheating, telling lies, fornicating and committing adultery?”

The answer is that these Christians, pastors and so-called prophets do not follow the commandments or injunctions of Jesus Christ and the Apostle Paul. You, Femi, also wrote: Whatsoever good news Jesus proclaimed has nothing to do with the death on the cross or any sacrifice for sin. This is because Jesus and His disciples preached their good news before His crucifixion. So doing, not once did they say he would die for our sin.”

Further, you wrote about Apostle Paul’s claim regarding God’s grace as part of the good news. And you continued; “Moreover, compulsive and unrepentant sinners are not welcomed in God’s kingdom. Entry into the kingdom is also by works and not by grace”.
Femi, it is a pity you have been unable to understand the doctrine of Apostle Paul’s teaching and grace. Grace is a favour we do not deserve. Although Apostle Paul talked about the grace of God in relation to the good news of Jesus Christ, he says in Romans 6:1-3: “What shall we say then? Shall we go on sinning, so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? Or, don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were bapti-zed into His death?

This is because no one will be declared right-eous in His sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin (Romans 3:20).”This is so as no one is right-eous under the law. We require God’s grace. It is true that Apostle Paul was not one of Jesus’s disciples. Does the scripture not tell you of Apostle Paul’s encounter with Jesus on his way to Damascus to persecute the followers of Jesus? You will agree the encounter would have had a very dramatic effect on his life and mission. You will also agree Apostle Paul probably was the most intellectually inclined of all Jesus’s apostles who were mainly fishermen.

It was Apostle Paul who also undertook three missionary journ-eys from Jerusalem to Corinth, Thessalonica, Phillippi, Antioch and the whole of the area known as Cappadocia. The spread of present day Christianity is attributed to Apostle Paul. Apostle Paul’s gospel did not contradict Jesus’s gospel. It in fact confirms all Jesus’s gospel and this is true on any subject of discussion. All the letters Apostle Paul wrote to the different churches were begun or marked by statements like — “Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ called to be an apostle, and set apart for the gospel of God…”

Will it not be prepost-erous for Apostle Paul, after introducing himself this way, to preach a different gospel of Jesus? Apostle Paul wrote about non-sinning nature and repentance in his epistles (Galatians 5:17): “So, I say live by the spirit and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the spirit and the spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other. So that you do not do what you want. But if you are led by the spirit, you are not under law. The acts of a sinful nature are obvious, sex-ual immorality, impurity and debauchery, idolatry and witchcraft, hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, discensions, factions and envy, drunkenness, orgies and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom.

In Collosians 3:5, Apostle Paul went further when he wrote: “Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature. Sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. Be-cause of these, the wrath of God is coming. You used to talk in these ways in the life you once lived. But now, you must rid yourself of all such things as these, anger, rage, malice, slander and filthy language from your lips. Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices, and put on the new self which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of the Creator.”
This is Apostle Paul’s repentance and avoid-ance of sin.

Femi, did you read these writings of Apostle Paul. Is Apostle Paul telling sinless priests to rape young boys or sinless pastors to continue to swindle the gullible poor of their meager savings? And, Christians to continue in sin? It is a fact that Apostle Paul wrote about GRACE in Romans 6:1-4 and Ephesians 2: 8-9. These verses should be read and understood in conjunction with each other. Like it is clear in Ephesians 2:9, grace was introduced into the equation because Apostle Paul recognized the “boastful” tendency of human beings.

Isaiah 64:4 says all our righteousness are like filthy rags. It is God’s prerogative who enters heaven. No matter how righteous or sinless we are, we still need the GRACE OF GOD.
Femi, much as I agree with a lot of your writings especially with regard to the conduct of pastors and church practices, you will need to stop this profanity against Apostle Paul.

Apostle Paul was chos-en by Jesus Himself to preach the gospel to the Gentiles. Jesus made a perfect choice and you cannot question Jesus’s choice. If you do, then, you doubt Jesus. And, if you doubt Jesus, you are not a Christian, and, if you are not a Christian, you are at liberty to write anything many Christians will consider nonsense.
Re: Believe In God For Establishment! Believe His Prophet For Prosperity! by vooks: 11:02am On Aug 31, 2015
davidiyke:

Your jehovah is not JEHOVAH! Keep Hiding like Shekau of Boko Haram! One day God will reveal you or you may incur his wrath.
Man does not need intermediaries between him and the throne of grace. You are another sophisticated pulpit love-vendor, pimping the simple hearted.

Go ahead and throw all the curses you can
Re: Believe In God For Establishment! Believe His Prophet For Prosperity! by davidiyke(m): 4:24pm On Aug 31, 2015
vooks:

Man does not need intermediaries between him and the throne of grace. You are another sophisticated pulpit love-vendor, pimping the simple hearted.

Go ahead and throw all the curses you can
I have thrown no curse, only an advice given. On the contrary you called me names that are insulting.
Keep believing in error I pray the end does not meet you in error.
You are free to keep commenting on this thread. It is also good that you do not have a name and completely not identifiable. If by any way I find out you are a part of the owners of Nairaland I shall stop using Nairaland because I care about those I associate with.
My friends or critics must be IDENTIFIABLE!
Re: Believe In God For Establishment! Believe His Prophet For Prosperity! by vooks: 6:41pm On Aug 31, 2015
davidiyke:

I have thrown no curse, only an advice given. On the contrary you called me names that are insulting.
Keep believing in error I pray the end does not meet you in error.
You are free to keep commenting on this thread. It is also good that you do not have a name and completely not identifiable. If by any way I find out you are a part of the owners of Nairaland I shall stop using Nairaland because I care about those I associate with.
My friends or critics must be IDENTIFIABLE!
I defend the gospel not criticize pimps
Re: Believe In God For Establishment! Believe His Prophet For Prosperity! by davidiyke(m): 8:39pm On Aug 31, 2015
vooks:

PIMPS?
The gospel need not your type for its defence. The GOSPEL is complete! YOU ARE WHO NEEDS DEFENCE AS YOU UNPROFESSIONALLY SEEK TO DEFEND YOUR FACELESS NATURE!
I PITY YOU!
Meanwhile, Glory to God for His great works.
Sister & Bro Joy were just blessed with a bouncing baby girl! The girl came with the buttocks; The doctors wanted a caesarian section but we prayed on phone and God Almighty gave us assurance that the delivery would be without surgery. The news has just come and the delivery was without surgery. Glory to this great God of Miracles!
Re: Believe In God For Establishment! Believe His Prophet For Prosperity! by davidiyke(m): 8:40pm On Aug 31, 2015
vooks:

PIMPS?
The gospel need not your type for its defence. The GOSPEL is complete! YOU ARE WHO NEEDS DEFENCE AS YOU UNPROFESSIONALLY SEEK TO DEFEND YOUR FACELESS NATURE!
I PITY YOU!
Sister & Bro Joy were just blessed with a bouncing baby girl! The girl came with the buttocks; The doctors wanted a caesarian section but we prayed on phone and God Almighty gave us assurance that the delivery would be without surgery. The news has just come and the delivery was without surgery. Glory to this great God of Miracles!
Additionally, thanks for keeping this thread ALIVE!
Re: Believe In God For Establishment! Believe His Prophet For Prosperity! by vooks: 8:43pm On Aug 31, 2015
davidiyke:

PIMPS?
I PITY YOU!
Additionally, thanks for keeping this thread ALIVE!
PulpitPimps are worth a dime a dozen
Re: Believe In God For Establishment! Believe His Prophet For Prosperity! by davidiyke(m): 9:48am On Sep 03, 2015
vooks:

PulpitPimps are worth a dime a dozen
Hell bound atheists masquerading as christians are worth the devils reward.

Our glorious God continues to touch lives in marvelous ways. Many lives saved as the message was preached accompanied by great miracles and testimonies last Saturday.
The Increase is a sign of God's release.
Re: Believe In God For Establishment! Believe His Prophet For Prosperity! by davidiyke(m): 9:54am On Sep 03, 2015
SEPTEMBER TO REMEMBER!
A Month for the Rise of Many and the Fall of Some!
Your decision for God shall be the basis of the Result you get at the End.

Galatians 6:7
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Re: Believe In God For Establishment! Believe His Prophet For Prosperity! by davidiyke(m): 10:01am On Sep 03, 2015
God grants to you as per your hearts determined requests. The Truth truly will set you free.

John 8:32
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Matthew 7:7
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

James 5:16
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much

Re: Believe In God For Establishment! Believe His Prophet For Prosperity! by vooks: 10:47am On Sep 03, 2015
davidiyke:

Hell bound atheists masquerading as christians are worth the devils reward.

Our glorious God continues to touch lives in marvelous ways. Many lives saved as the message was preached accompanied by great miracles and testimonies last Saturday.
The Increase is a sign of God's release.
Depart from me you workers of iniquity; I never knew you.

Those were prophets and miracle workers who never knew the person behind the very name they were invoking
Re: Believe In God For Establishment! Believe His Prophet For Prosperity! by davidiyke(m): 5:46pm On Sep 08, 2015
OUR GREAT GOD IS STILL AT WORK!
Sister Ifeyinwa is now happily married. After lifting it up before God, we are now celebrating answered prayers.
God also loves you and if you believe Him your own testimony will also be shared.
Her pictures are presently on my facebook page.
Glory be to God.
Re: Believe In God For Establishment! Believe His Prophet For Prosperity! by davidiyke(m): 8:29am On Sep 22, 2015
Praise God!
The devil planned to steal a sister's child. The boy ran away from the house upon being scolded for wrong doing. He got lost and anything could have happened to him because he is new in Lagos.
We prayed to the Almighty God who hears the cry of his children and He answered miraculously.
After 3 days a man found him in an uncompleted building very far from home.
Glory be to God!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Believe In God For Establishment! Believe His Prophet For Prosperity! by davidiyke(m): 3:08pm On Nov 27, 2015
Tonight we are meeting with our Heavenly Father in an uncommon way in prayers at the camp.
He will grant us answers as a Father would do to a beloved child.
He is our everything.
Re: Believe In God For Establishment! Believe His Prophet For Prosperity! by davidiyke(m): 10:50am On Jan 05, 2016
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
IT IS YOUR CHOICE TO BE BETTER THIS YEAR!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Does God Requires Faith / What Is The Difference Between Life And Soul (spirit Or Whatever We Call It) / I Need To Visit A Seer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.