Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Stay Away From Rivers Schools, Amaechi Tells FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stay Away From Rivers Schools, Amaechi Tells FG (2710 Views)

Gov Ben Ayade Bans Praying in Cross Rivers Schools - DAILY TRUST / Enough Of The Theatrics, Go To Court Amaechi Tells Wike / You Have Failed Bayelsans, Amaechi Tells Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stay Away From Rivers Schools, Amaechi Tells FG by Sunsamthy(m): 2:11pm On Sep 15, 2014
THE Rivers State Government has warned the Federal Government to shelve its plans to renovate some of the state-owned schools.

The Minister of State for Education, Chief Nyesom Wike, had last week promised that the Federal Government would soon begin to give some schools in the state a facelift.

Wike, who made the promise during the foundation laying for the Federal Junior Model Secondary School in Ogu/Bolo, specifically said the Federal Government would build additional classroom blocks at the Birabi Memorial Secondary in Bori, Khana Local Government Area.

The minister also pledged to renovate and build more classroom blocks at Community Secondary School in Ubima, the hometown of the state Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, and Saint Aquinas Secondary School, Elele.

But the state Commissioner for Information and Communications, Mrs. Ibim Semenitari, said on Saturday that the Federal Government to should stay away from the state-owned schools.

Semenitari, who spoke with newsmen at the press briefing on Native and Vogue International Fashion Week coming up on September 19 to 21, 2014 in Port Harcourt, explained that the minister should rather pay attention to the Federal Government Girls College, Abuloma, that had no dining hall.

“We want to tell the Minister of State for Education, Nyesom Wike, that we don’t want any third-rated buildings or blocks of classrooms in our school premises in Rivers State. The Rivers State Government is not interested in any white-wash buildings or performance in our schools.

“The minister has not done anything about Federal Government Girls College in Aboloma that does not have a dining hall; he has not done anything about the Federal Government College, Port Harcourt; and he has not done anything about the University of Port Harcourt.

“Let him go and build the nomadic schools that they have not been able to complete; let him go and attend to the nomadic schools that are falling apart. They have not been able to build schools for itinerant teachers.

“Wike should stop playing to the gallery; he should stop playing with the lives of Nigerian children and be focused in keeping our children in schools. Wike should be ashamed that Nigeria still has the highest record of out-of-school children,” the commissioner maintained.

Semenitari noted that the current administration would not allow any stranger to deface property belonging to the state, even as she urged the Federal Government to assist in constructing the Bonny-Bodo road.

“They (FG) refused to start it, but as soon as we worked out an arrangement with the Nigerian Liquefied Natural Gas Company to construct the road, the Federal Government told NLNG to stop and claimed that they will start it and awarded the contract. Up till now, the people of Bonny cannot ply that road.

“We have been careful in recent times not to join issues with the Federal Government because we have been focused on our paid jobs. We like to request the Federal Government to focus on its paid job.

“We have over 200 girls missing and Wike, as a father, should be concerned. But he has been unable to do his job as a minister to make sure the girls return to us,” she added.

Semenitari, however, dismissed claims that the state was indebted to the tune of N300bn, adding that Rivers has only the sum of N81bn to pay as debt.

Promising that the current administration in the state will not be leaving any debt for the incoming government, Semenitari said the state government was setting aside N11bn every month to service its debt profile.

http://www.punchng.com/news/stay-away-from-rivers-schools-amaechi-tells-fg/
Re: Stay Away From Rivers Schools, Amaechi Tells FG by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 15, 2014
“The minister has not done anything about Federal Government Girls College in Aboloma that does not have a dining hall; he has not done anything about the Federal Government College, Port Harcourt; and he has not done anything about the University of Port Harcourt.

Semenitari noted that the current administration would not allow any stranger to deface property belonging to the state, even as she urged the Federal Government to assist in constructing the Bonny-Bodo road.

Mrs Ibim, You have said it all. Misplaced priorities of the Jonathan confused government

“They (FG) refused to start it, but as soon as we worked out an arrangement with the Nigerian Liquefied Natural Gas Company to construct the road, the Federal Government told NLNG to stop and claimed that they will start it and awarded the contract. Up till now, the people of Bonny cannot ply that road.
We all know the deception of Jonathan led Administration, they are envious of Amaechi and should be ashamed of themselves. The case of Bonny is a pathetic one

4 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Rivers Schools, Amaechi Tells FG by 2cato: 2:21pm On Sep 15, 2014
Bad belle politics the mumu gov can not renovate school built in 1960 now that the fed wants to help them do their work they ar talking thrash as it has always been the wont of APC and their supporter of APC followers.

9 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Rivers Schools, Amaechi Tells FG by arresa: 2:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
This FG is the most reckless, destructive, aimless and irresponsible government on the surface of the earth..

3 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Rivers Schools, Amaechi Tells FG by dj187: 2:30pm On Sep 15, 2014
Wike & his boss are feeling jittery as the election draws nearer and nearer, Rivers indigenes cant be fooled, if FG wants to help let them focus on roads.
Re: Stay Away From Rivers Schools, Amaechi Tells FG by Caseless: 2:34pm On Sep 15, 2014
2cato: Bad belle politics the mumu gov can not renovate school built in 1960 now that the fed wants to help them do their work they ar talking thrash as it has always been the wont of APC and their supporter of APC followers.
sharrap and get ur head in order!
Re: Stay Away From Rivers Schools, Amaechi Tells FG by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 15, 2014
why is amaechi and his crew always doing everything possible to be noticed?
GEJ don't give a damn about you and your ilk and by next year, y'all will give account for how you squandered rivers money

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay Away From Rivers Schools, Amaechi Tells FG by Mekateka: 2:37pm On Sep 15, 2014
If this opportunity is given to northern states will they reject it? Oga commissioner there is life after politics. Grab whatever you can get for your people and forget about pleasing your fellow APC members in the north and western Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Rivers Schools, Amaechi Tells FG by koboko66: 2:37pm On Sep 15, 2014
2cato: Bad belle politics the mumu gov can not renovate school built in 1960 now that the fed wants to help them do their work they ar talking thrash as it has always been the wont of APC and their supporter of APC followers.

Na u sound like mumu pass. Did u read the article at all, or you just saw Ameachi and saliva started gushing out of your mouth?

3 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Rivers Schools, Amaechi Tells FG by koboko66: 2:39pm On Sep 15, 2014
careytommy: why is amaechi and his crew always doing everything possible to be noticed?
GEJ don't give a damn about you and your ilk and by next year, y'all will give account for how you squandered rivers money

After Jonathan and his accomplices must hve given account of all the stolen trillions including the $20bn
Re: Stay Away From Rivers Schools, Amaechi Tells FG by hardywaltz(m): 2:39pm On Sep 15, 2014
I visited my Alma Mata FGC Ph some weeks ago and was almost moved to tears. That place can best be regarded as a zoo.
I had always wanted my children to attend Federal Government Colleges like me and my siblings but after that visit I have since started looking else coz when my children get of age they definitely wouldnt be attending any FGCs.

Wike u are a very WIKEd man. If u are looking for what to renovate pls go to FGC Ph and start with the senior dom. That place is not fit to house pigs.
After almost 4 years in office it's 3months to elections u know u can renovate state schools.

6 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Rivers Schools, Amaechi Tells FG by 2cato: 2:55pm On Sep 15, 2014
Caseless: sharrap and get ur head in order!
koboko66:

Na u sound like mumu pass. Did u read the article at all, or you just saw Ameachi and saliva start gushing out of your mouth?
APC supporter of APC foot soldier on the prowl trying to win the mind of nigerians by insult and blackmailing seun to allways do their evil bidding since 1620 - mynd44
Re: Stay Away From Rivers Schools, Amaechi Tells FG by 2cato: 2:59pm On Sep 15, 2014
hardywaltz: I visited my Alma Mata FGC Ph some weeks ago and was almost moved to tears. That place can best be regarded as a zoo.
I had always wanted my children to attend Federal Government Colleges like me and my siblings but after that visit I have since started looking else coz when my children get of age they definitely wouldnt be attending any FGCs.

Wike u are a very WIKEd man. If u are looking for what to renovate pls go to FGC Ph and start with the senior dom. That place is not fit to house pigs.
After almost 4 years in office it's 3months to elections u know u can renovate state schools.
and that is what he fed govt are trying to renovate only for these brainless people to opem their supporter of APC bucal cavity to spew mess and rotten soup.
Caseless: sharrap and get ur head in order!
koboko66:

Na u sound like mumu pass. Did u read the article at all, or you just saw Ameachi and saliva start gushing out of your mouth?
APC supporter of APC foot soldier on the prowl trying to win the mind of nigerians by insult and blackmailing seun to allways do their evil bidding since 1791- berem, cramjones et al

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Rivers Schools, Amaechi Tells FG by dtruth3(m): 3:09pm On Sep 15, 2014
the fact is, 30 Amaechi can not stop 80% vote for GEJ come 2015. all i can say is.............

Gej till thy Kingdom Come!

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Rivers Schools, Amaechi Tells FG by Caseless: 3:38pm On Sep 15, 2014
Wike can do anything to be seen differently from a tout and a thief that he is by River people. But he jst missed it here.
Was he not the one amaechi indicted before obiokpor(his people) that the road they are accusing him of not doing in their LG; the contract was actually given to wike and, the lunatic diverted d fund meant for the project into his personal account.
Wike should and go fix the roads in his constituency that he was paid to fix first b4 talking of ther things.g

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Rivers Schools, Amaechi Tells FG by size38: 5:12pm On Sep 15, 2014
For over 5yrs that GEJ has been president, for over 3 yrs that Wike has been an Education minister, they didn't remember to build, renovate or cite any school or project in Rivers state. because 2015 election is drawing closer they are now running from pole to pole to build a campaign school. While F.G.C that is owned by the federal govt is begging for attention. Go to FGC Rumuokoro and the one at Abuloma to see the poor conditions of those two schools owned the Federal govt. Wike thinks rushing to erect a 3 classroom block that won't take up to 2 weeks to build will save him. We are waiting for him at the poll.

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Rivers Schools, Amaechi Tells FG by Amanwulu1(m): 5:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
arresa: This FG is the most reckless, destructive, aimless and irresponsible government on the surface of the earth..
adjectives don finish? U are permitted to manufacture more. lol

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Rivers Schools, Amaechi Tells FG by arresa: 5:28pm On Sep 15, 2014
Amanwulu1: adjectives don finish? U are permitted to manufacture more. lol

Amanwulu1: GEJ's FG keep churning out great achievement while haters rant. Naija must get better under GEJ. Join me shout ... Till 2019

^^^^ I see your deplorable mindset and where you are coming from..
Re: Stay Away From Rivers Schools, Amaechi Tells FG by stinggy(m): 5:30pm On Sep 15, 2014
What concerns FG in state's school if not for the purpose of scoring cheap political scores?
There are so many FG projects in the state,why not lay hands on them?
Why not divert this fund to FGCs in the state? Os it that hard to do
Re: Stay Away From Rivers Schools, Amaechi Tells FG by phantom(m): 5:41pm On Sep 15, 2014
idioti.c federal govt being run by a drunk.
ibim seminitari replied them well.

what is the state of bonny -bodo road?
what is the state of FGC PH and FGGC abuloma?

bunch of retards....rushing to riversstate to build substandard classroom blocks that will collapse tomorrow.

i join amaechi and his government to reject this rubbish from jonathan and his rif raff of a minister. let them build those things in abuja or anywhere in the north.
we dont want them in rivers state.
they are not ashamed. proposing classroom blocks instead of thinking about reimbursing amaechi for the federal projects he built or helping to connect the riverine communities by roads and bridges.
Re: Stay Away From Rivers Schools, Amaechi Tells FG by chinasaekperem: 5:41pm On Sep 15, 2014
this is utterly absurd and unacceptable, the way APC plays politics is totally uncivil and ridiculous. how can you be warning the federal govt over an issue concerning its country because you rule a certain fragment of this country, does he think rivers is a country on its own?

2 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Rivers Schools, Amaechi Tells FG by phantom(m): 5:49pm On Sep 15, 2014
chinasaekperem: this is utterly absurd and unacceptable, the way APC plays politics is totally uncivil and ridiculous. how can you be warning the federal govt over an issue concerning its country because you rule a certain fragment of this country, does he think rivers is a country on its own?

my friend tell your president to start work on the bonny bodo road and tend to the FGs educational institutions in the state.

what business does the "almighty" FG have with building classrooms in rivers state? does it not sound ridiculous to you when they have totally abandoned UNIPORT,FGGC abuloma and FGC PH.

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Rivers Schools, Amaechi Tells FG by chinasaekperem: 5:52pm On Sep 15, 2014
phantom:

my friend tell your president to start work on the bonny bodo road and tend to the FGs educational institutions in the state.

what business does the "almighty" FG have with building classrooms in rivers state? does it not sound ridiculous to you when they have totally abandoned UNIPORT,FGGC abuloma and FGC PH.
why are you embarrassing yourself? i refuse to engage you till you recant that senseless statement.
Re: Stay Away From Rivers Schools, Amaechi Tells FG by lakpalakpa: 5:54pm On Sep 15, 2014
chinasaekperem: this is utterly absurd and unacceptable, the way APC plays politics is totally uncivil and ridiculous. how can you be warning the federal govt over an issue concerning its country because you rule a certain fragment of this country, does he think rivers is a country on its own?

You are a classic illiterate!!!

What business does FG have with State Govt Schools??

FG should focus on the Federal Schools in Rivers that are rotting away and not try to deface the world-class schools built by Amaechi....

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Stay Away From Rivers Schools, Amaechi Tells FG by chinasaekperem: 5:57pm On Sep 15, 2014
lakpalakpa:

You are a classic illiterate!!!

What business does FG have with State Govt Schools??

FG should focus on the Federal Schools in Rivers that are rotting away and not try to deface the world-class schools built by Amaechi....

undecided undecided undecided
is that why amaechi should bring political differences into it? because its obvious his decisions are been influenced by politics.

heddiot, if you don't know what to say, you can run along.

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Rivers Schools, Amaechi Tells FG by phantom(m): 5:58pm On Sep 15, 2014
chinasaekperem: why are you embarrassing yourself? i refuse to engage you till you recant that senseless statement.

i repeat WHAT BUSINESS DOES THE FG HAVE IN BUILDING CLASSROOM BLOCKS IN RIVERS STATE WHEN AT THIS AGE AND TIME PEOPLE STILL TRAVEL BY SEA TO BONNY WHERE THE FGs LNG project IS LOCATED?

WHY SHOULD I TAKE JONATHAN SERIOUS WHEN HE RUSHES TO BUILD CLASSROOMS IN A STATE WHERE ITS TWO GOVERNMENT COLLEGES ARE ROTTING.

the irony of the whole thing is funny and at the same time,disgusting.

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Rivers Schools, Amaechi Tells FG by phantom(m): 6:02pm On Sep 15, 2014
chinasaekperem: is that why amaechi should bring political differences into it? because its obvious his decisions are been influenced by politics.

heddiot, if you don't know what to say, you can run along.

please stop insulting people and find out whether the funds used in constructing PH-IMO road have been reimbursed.
go and ask!

go to UPTH,UNIPORT and the two federal govt colleges and see the rot going on YET the DRUNK wants to build classroom blocks in rivers state. laughable!
Re: Stay Away From Rivers Schools, Amaechi Tells FG by chinasaekperem: 6:02pm On Sep 15, 2014
phantom:

i repeat WHAT BUSINESS DOES THE FG HAVE IN BUILDING CLASSROOM BLOCKS IN RIVERS STATE WHEN AT THIS AGE AND TIME PEOPLE STILL TRAVEL BY SEA TO BONNY WHERE THE FGs LNG project IS LOCATED?

WHY SHOULD I TAKE JONATHAN SERIOUS WHEN HE RUSHES TO BUILD CLASSROOMS IN A STATE WHERE ITS TWO GOVERNMENT COLLEGES ARE ROTTING.

the irony of the whole thing is funny and at the same time,disgusting.
you and that stewpid lakpalakpa (ring worm) are blindfolded by the hate you have for jonathan. you have forgotten that wike is from rivers state and he has the intention of being the next rivers state governor, he's the person influencing this as a campaign strategy.
Re: Stay Away From Rivers Schools, Amaechi Tells FG by Johnnyessence(m): 6:02pm On Sep 15, 2014
wike and his cohort will surely loose 2015 governorship election.
Re: Stay Away From Rivers Schools, Amaechi Tells FG by chinasaekperem: 6:04pm On Sep 15, 2014
phantom:

please stop insulting people and find out whether the funds used in constructing PH-IMO road have been reimbursed.
go and ask!

go to UPTH,UNIPORT and the two federal govt colleges and see the rot going on YET the DRUNK wants to build classroom blocks in rivers state. laughable!
he insulted me first by calling me a classic illiterate. i didn't start the insult.
Re: Stay Away From Rivers Schools, Amaechi Tells FG by phantom(m): 6:07pm On Sep 15, 2014
chinasaekperem: you and that stewpid lakpalakpa (ring worm) are blindfolded by the hate you have for jonathan. you have forgotten that wike is from rivers state and he has the intention of being the next rivers state governor, he's the person influencing this as a campaign strategy.

nwanna....e wu nwa afo. please reason like one abeg!

is it right for wike to play politcs now in a state where he has done nothing for as minister of state for education?

let him go to uniport and build them a befitting library for starters then we ll begin to take him serious and not this shameful classroom blocks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

18 Days After Wedding, She Died For Lack Of Money / Please Don't Scrap Youwin Initiative- Okonjo To Buhari / See This: Tompolo May Not Be "Wanted" Actually

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.