Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,058 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

A Few Things Singles Need To Learn And The Married Need To Do - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Few Things Singles Need To Learn And The Married Need To Do (672 Views)

The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. / BEWARE!!! Few Things, Which Might Lead Nairalander's To Hell. / Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Few Things Singles Need To Learn And The Married Need To Do by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 15, 2014
One man was avidly studying his wedding certificate for hours. Upon been asked why, he said he was looking for the expiry date! Sorry marriage does not expire, there is no reverse gear, so don’t only pray, but watch and pray before you make your decisions. Another man was watching his wedding tape, but this time backward! He saw himself remove the ring, walked out of the church entered his car and zoomed off. He wished he could do that in real life, but sorry! Marriage is a haven, not an oven. Marriage is to be enjoyed and not endured. There is tremendous power in marriage as a couple.

The devil recognizes this power at your disposal as a married couple. That is why his intention is to throw a monkey wrench at your stuff. There are some precautions you can take in order to ensure that you are one with your spouse and that the power of agreement
is not broken. Singles must learn these principles as well so that their relationships and courtship can work out well. The Christian life is not hard to live, in fact it is when you don’t follow God that things get messed up and complicated. That is why Jesus Christ said his yoke his easy, learn about it, it is easier that way.

1. If you want a successful marriage, never insult or abuse your spouse on account of someone else. Preserve your marriage by respecting your spouse inside and outside. Most courtship never last on this account. This is because for men, respect is a major issue. Every man is egocentric, although excessive egocentricity is not good.

2. Never empower others against your spouse. Don’t shoot yourself in the leg. You are one in marriage, and that is how God sees it. Support your spouse always. The same way, in courtship, once you see your partner is always against you in and out, it is a sign that there is a deeper problem to deal with.

3. Never allow anybody to come and live with you in the house without the full agreement of your spouse. If your spouse is not in support, your attempt to help others can be at the expense of your marriage and it can drive you apart. Many marriages are under tremendous pressures because the wife is not only taking care of her husband but several siblings at a time. Issue will necessarily come out of this. Singles, never pack into your partner’s house when you are not yet married. You will lose your respect and things might not turn out well because you are walking in disobedience to God.

4. Never oppose your spouse openly. Don’t build walls against yourself. If you must correct your spouse, don’t do it in the presence of his friends and colleagues, you might end up adding more to the issue. However, you can always have a confidant with whom both of you agree you can discuss with, because there are times you really need to pour your hearts out. Singles, it is a danger signal if you are accountable to no one in courtship and nobody can speak into your life. It is a very risky game!

5. Never get close to others other than your spouse. Be your spouse’s friend and never allow anybody to come in between you. There are Delialahs, Jezebels, Amnons, Jonadabs and so on. The moment you know, and you always know that you are getting up close and emotional to someone apart from your spouse, cut it off, or else you will soon be in serious problems. The moment you can hide things from your spouse, it is the beginning of problems. The moment you can discuss your spouse with colleagues and they discuss theirs with you, you are going too far. The devil will set a trap. Avoid distractions. Double dating is not scriptural for singles.

As singles, never attempt to make your fiancee happy by compromising your virtues. You will never be able to secure a relationship by offering sex, you will actually jeopardize the relationship because you are violating God’s principles. Sex does not prove your love, it shows your ignorance because every time you offer your body to secure a relationship, you always lose the man or the relationship.

1 Like

Re: A Few Things Singles Need To Learn And The Married Need To Do by LaRoyalHighness(f): 3:21pm On Sep 15, 2014
Thanks for the reminder..(shouldn't this be in the family section?)
Re: A Few Things Singles Need To Learn And The Married Need To Do by Kay17: 5:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
@op

Sometimes I forget the purpose/end for marriage. What is it again?
Re: A Few Things Singles Need To Learn And The Married Need To Do by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 15, 2014
LaRoyalHighness: Thanks for the reminder..(shouldn't this be in the family section?)
Okay... Tnx

1 Like

Re: A Few Things Singles Need To Learn And The Married Need To Do by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 15, 2014
Kay17: @op

Sometimes I forget the purpose/end for marriage. What is it again?
Ar u kiddin me?
Re: A Few Things Singles Need To Learn And The Married Need To Do by PastorOluT(m): 6:30am On Sep 16, 2014
Good one though,, but to me all these lists many at times put up here are embedded in the scriptures.

Once u are a student of the scriptures and led by the spirit, then u understand and enjoy life better in all facet. This mostly the reason I encourage all to be a student of the bible.

Little wonder David said ur words/law makes me understand and wiser more than my teachers!

Psalms 119:97 O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day. 119:98 Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me. 119:99 I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation. 119:100 I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts. 119:101 I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word. 119:102 I have not departed from thy judgments: for thou hast taught me. 119:103 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth! 119:104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

One of my favorites scriptural passage and enjoined all to read n study it.

1 Like

Re: A Few Things Singles Need To Learn And The Married Need To Do by emmyskies(m): 6:12pm On Sep 16, 2014
PastorOluT: Good one though,, but to me all these lists many at times put up here are embedded in the scriptures.

Once u are a student of the scriptures and led by the spirit, then u understand and enjoy life better in all facet. This mostly the reason I encourage all to be a student of the bible.

Little wonder David said ur words/law makes me understand and wiser more than my teachers!

Psalms 119:97 O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day. 119:98 Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me. 119:99 I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation. 119:100 I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts. 119:101 I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word. 119:102 I have not departed from thy judgments: for thou hast taught me. 119:103 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth! 119:104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

One of my favorites scriptural passage and enjoined all to read n study it.
Great!!! Nice one. Now that's what I'm talking about. The word of GOD is everything. With the spirit and the word, you are flawless.

Psalm 119, my favourite chapter in the Bible. Kai, GOD bless you big time

True wisdom in keeping the laws and commandments of GOD, excess wisdom in the word of GOD, GOD bless you once again

1000 likes for this post. Yes, true, all the op said are in the Bible, the word of GOD

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Masturbation / Joseph, Me And Potipher's Wife / How To Make Power Available For Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.