Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,470 members, 7,819,718 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) - TV/Movies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) (55178 Views)

Indomie's Noodles Advert: "Mama Do Good O! And To Me! To You! Your Comparism? / I Don’t Know What Is Worse – Nigerian Actors Or Nigerian Movies / Indomie Advert Is The Best Advert On Tv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by WINDSOW(m): 12:48am On Sep 19, 2014
neoapocalypse:

Did you drink "Green sands shandy" ?
Bros,‎​Ȋ̝̊̅ did bt was 1 or 2 yrs cos popsy worked with Nigerian breweries then.My grandpa still has †ђξ almanac in his parlour.Only a few ll rem'ba tis.#Memories
Oh God,pls bless our generation IJN

Do u rem'ba †ђξ following drinks : REX,Tandy etc
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by WINDSOW(m): 12:53am On Sep 19, 2014
lomaxbien: grin grin grin
child hood hero,remember who dis is? wink
Doctor who or someting cant remba if He is 'Doctor who' or 'Doctor wood'.Many ⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣ †Φ NTA channel 5 n 10
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by WINDSOW(m): 12:55am On Sep 19, 2014
BlackSwede:

Doctor WHO grin
CORRECTO!!!

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by naptu2: 2:34am On Sep 19, 2014
Shine1177:
I remember how my dad use to enjoy himself playing those cartridge in his Morris (Marina) car. How time flies?

1978 Morris Marina

cheesy Morris Marina and Morris Minor!
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by lomaxbien(m): 3:08am On Sep 19, 2014
WINDSOW: Doctor who or someting cant remba if He is 'Doctor who' or 'Doctor wood'.Many ⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣ †Φ NTA channel 5 n 10
Yeah doctor WHO grin
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Nobody: 6:55am On Sep 19, 2014
WINDSOW: Bros,‎​Ȋ̝̊̅ did bt was 1 or 2 yrs cos popsy worked with Nigerian breweries then.My grandpa still has †ђξ almanac in his parlour.Only a few ll rem'ba tis.#Memories
Oh God,pls bless our generation IJN

Do u rem'ba †ђξ following drinks : REX,Tandy etc

You're probably a few years younger than me , 3-6 years presumably.
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by WINDSOW(m): 7:19am On Sep 19, 2014
neoapocalypse:

You're probably a few years younger than me , 3-6 years presumably.
3.0 on dot
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 19, 2014
WINDSOW: 3.0 on dot
How are you so sure , do you know my age ?
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by hakz(m): 7:43am On Sep 19, 2014
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by jidesamuel(m): 8:12am On Sep 19, 2014
Who remember watching diamond ring, high way to the grave, bukola omo daddy, izozo, amadioha, ti oluwa ni`le, koto-orun,omo araye le, Maad(indian film). et al on this cassete. And to use knife for rewinding, u must use small broom to press d front of d tape to ease the process.
Sometime if u rewind the tape too fast, u will cut the tape and need to use cellotape to join it together
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by WINDSOW(m): 8:25am On Sep 19, 2014
neoapocalypse: How are you so sure , do you know my age ?
that's my age
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by naptu2: 9:15am On Sep 19, 2014
neoapocalypse:

Did you drink "Green sands shandy" ?

naptu2: Green Sands Shandy smiley

You either had Maltina or Green Sands Shandy.

I can still remember the tv advert (the guys and girls on the speed boat). "Green sands shandy, the refreshing drink with a (insert forgotten word here) of its own."

There was a party at my house (I think it was my mum's birthday). My little cousin drank huge quantities of Green Sands Shandy and slept off. We tried everything we could do, but nobody could wake him up. We had to carry him into their car.

Somehow, the public didn't know that it contained small quantities of alcohol.

I heard a rumour that it was banned when the government found out aboutt the alcohol content. I don't know if the rumour is true, but it had vanished from the Nigerian market by the mid '80s.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/890449_greensands2_jpg00691d1127a4d469fff0188105bd15b6

https://www.nairaland.com/1062509/nigeria-good-bad-beautiful-ugly/36
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by internetpirate: 9:33am On Sep 19, 2014
Kai!!!!!!!! I miss my childhood!!!! Bazooka Joe was the bubble gum... grin

voltron: Rewinder for VHS Cassette .. even the words Cassette is strange to indomie geneneration.. but I am from the Bazooka Joe and Raleigh Bicycle Generation.. you wan try? grin grin grin

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Haishophem(m): 11:04am On Sep 19, 2014
What a funny flash back...could still remember the disappointing look Whn at the process of rewinding the cassette the tape got broken, cellotape happens to be d savior of the day by joining the two broken tapes together.
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Aura2(f): 12:21pm On Sep 19, 2014
omaolowo: Here are some "Live" Pictures - taken moments ago....

I am a Grandfather: so talking about "Indomine Generation Babies" brought some smiles to my toothless gum grin

For me to be able to have these gadgets in the house right now speaks volumes about how God has been wonderful in my life

I will be right back with the flesh of the story of these gadgets. I had to "consult far and wide" before I could get to attaching these pictures . I want to first confirm if the pictures will be uploaded successfully to my audience (who were mostly probably not born when these black and white Tv sets were bought!!

[color=#000099]Ya we had a case National like the one in your pics in 1986, but something changed in 1989 when we were pressurizing old man to buy the reigning color tv then, guess what he did, he bought the 1l lucozade bottle and stuck the label on the screen voila! it was colored, damn I was so fooled!!
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
WINDSOW: that's my age

oh okay , yeah you're a few years younger than me 4-9years younger.
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Aura2(f): 12:28pm On Sep 19, 2014
The 90's generation was truly a curse to this country, wont blame them though cos the 70's said same of the 80's grin grin grin
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by SenatorJames(m): 11:26am On Sep 21, 2014
Exmay: These can only be seen in Museums now...
That means our daddy's house is now a museum.
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Exmay(m): 5:23pm On Sep 21, 2014
SenatorJames: That means our daddy's house is now a museum.
lol.... I didn't sey so oooo....
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by dosht(f): 11:29am On Sep 22, 2014
@Redbenson
Is that your future
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 22, 2014
dosht: @Redbenson
Is that your future

Excuse me! I dont understand you. How did you mean if that is my future?
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by RAO1(m): 12:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
Oh! we also used spoon to rewind... u ll need to put something like a broom stick b4 for it to roll freely

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

BBNaija: Mike 'Tacha Has Body Odour' / BBNaija: Nina Confronts Miracle For Telling Other Housemates They Had Sex / Eric Took Advantage Of My Weakness - Lilo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.