Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,312 members, 7,811,926 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Ap: Obama Aunt From Kenya Living In Us Illegally - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ap: Obama Aunt From Kenya Living In Us Illegally (2115 Views)

Nigerians Living In Durban South Africa Vow To Fight Back, Battle Line Drawn / 'We Are Living In Fear' -Nigerians In South Africa Cry Out / 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ap: Obama Aunt From Kenya Living In Us Illegally by sunnykiss(m): 1:12pm On Nov 01, 2008
Play Video Video: Obama delivers closing argument in radio address AP Play Video Video: Obama increasingly confident CNN Play Video Video: Poll: Palin not ready to be VP CNN WASHINGTON – Barack Obama's aunt, a Kenyan woman who has been quietly living in public housing in Boston, is in the United States illegally after an immigration judge rejected her request for asylum four years ago, The Associated Press has learned.

Zeituni Onyango, 56, referred to as "Aunti Zeituni" in Obama's memoir, was instructed to leave the United States by a U.S. immigration judge who denied her asylum request, a person familiar with the matter told the AP late Friday. This person spoke on condition of anonymity because no one was authorized to discuss Onyango's case.

Information about the deportation case was disclosed and confirmed by two separate sources, one of them a federal law enforcement official. The information they made available is known to officials in the federal government, but the AP could not establish whether anyone at a political level in the Bush administration or in the McCain campaign had been involved in its release.

Onyango's refusal to leave the country would represent an administrative, non-criminal violation of U.S. immigration law, meaning such cases are handled outside the criminal court system. Estimates vary, but many experts believe there are more than 10 million such immigrants in the United States.

The AP could not reach Onyango immediately for comment. No one answered the telephone number listed in her name late Friday. It was unclear why her request for asylum was rejected in 2004. The Obama campaign declined to comment late Friday night.

Onyango is not a relative whom Obama has discussed in campaign appearances and, unlike Obama's father and grandmother, is not someone who has been part of the public discussion about his personal life.

A spokeswoman for U.S. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement, Kelly Nantel, said the government does not comment on an individual's citizenship status or immigration case.

Onyango's case — coming to light just days before the presidential election — led to an unusual nationwide directive within Immigrations and Customs Enforcement requiring any deportations prior to Tuesday's election to be approved at least at the level of ICE regional directors, the U.S. law enforcement official told the AP.

The unusual directive suggests that the Bush administration is sensitive to the political implications of Onyango's case coming to light so close to the election.

Kenya is in eastern Africa between Somalia and Tanzania. The country has been fractured in violence in recent years, including a period of two months of bloodshed after December 2007 that killed 1,500 people.

The disclosure about Onyango came just one day after Obama's presidential campaign confirmed to the Times of London that Onyango, who has lived quietly in public housing in South Boston for five years, was Obama's half aunt on his father's side.

It was not immediately clear how Onyango might have qualified for public housing with a standing deportation order.

___

AP writer Elliott Spagat reported from New York.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081101/ap_on_el_pr/obama_aunt
Re: Ap: Obama Aunt From Kenya Living In Us Illegally by TayoD1(m): 3:53pm On Nov 01, 2008
@topic,

This is the same Obama who tlod us in the infomercial that we are to be our brother's keeper. Not only does he not take care of his aunty, but we learnt his half-brother in Kenya who is living on about $1 per day. Talk about hypocrisy.

This is one reason why I feel sorry for the many in the US who think electing Obama will bring an end to their misery. the guy does not care jack for anyone but himself. Every attempt at public service as being with a view to the Presidency.

And by the way, I've being convinced long ago that while Liberals are ready to ready to tax everyone and use public money to become "Mr Nice Guy", they cannot and do not do the same with their money. What a joke!!!
Re: Ap: Obama Aunt From Kenya Living In Us Illegally by away4real(m): 4:49pm On Nov 01, 2008
Tayo-D:

@topic,

This is the same Obama who tlod us in the infomercial that we are to be our brother's keeper. Not only does he not take care of his aunty, but we learnt his half-brother in Kenya who is living on about $1 per day. Talk about hypocrisy.

This is one reason why I feel sorry for the many in the US who think electing Obama will bring an end to their misery. the guy does not care jack for anyone but himself. Every attempt at public service as being with a view to the Presidency.

And by the way, I've being convinced long ago that while Liberals are ready to ready to tax everyone and use public money to become "Mr Nice Guy", they cannot and do not do the same with their money. What a joke!!!

So is it electing John McCain that will bring the end to their misery?

And it is giving a larger share of tax cuts to fortune 500 CEO's and larger dividentd income and capital gains tax cuts then have a large deficit while fighting two wars that is strong economics.

On the topic his aunty lives in the US illegaly and he said he didnt know or he didnt do anytin about it how does that make him an hypocrite?. I am loss on what to say, throwing common sense to the wind in the name of ideology.
Re: Ap: Obama Aunt From Kenya Living In Us Illegally by TayoD1(m): 5:45pm On Nov 01, 2008
away4real,

So is it electing John McCain that will bring the end to their misery?
I never said that!

And it is giving a larger share of tax cuts to fortune 500 CEO's and larger dividentd income and capital gains tax cuts then have a large deficit while fighting two wars that is strong economics.
Everyone gets a tax cut and not just the wealthy. If I may ask you, how many times have you being employed by the poor? It is the rich who create jobs and giving them as much tax breaks as the others is only sensible. Capital gains tax affects everyone. Tell me, was Clinton able to raise more money for the govt from a higher capital gains tax compared to President Bush?

On the topic his aunty lives in the US illegaly and he said he didnt know or he didnt do anytin about it how does that make him an hypocrite?.
This is the same aunt he mentioned in his autobiaography. He is well aware of the state of his aunt and cannot even bail her out of her misery. Why should I think this person cares a hoot about me if he doesn't give a sh*t about his flesh and blood? He has twice said that America's biggest failing so far is that we are no longer our brother's keepers. Going by Obama's words then, I dare say he represents American's failings in its fullest expresion.

I am loss on what to say, throwing common sense to the wind in the name of ideology.
What idepology if I may ask? We are only judging Obama by his ideology here. It is obvios you are the one blinded by undying love for someone who does not live out his words. If he has failed to live up to his professed ideals in his family, why should I trust him to uphold it to the nation?
Re: Ap: Obama Aunt From Kenya Living In Us Illegally by tpia: 6:38pm On Nov 01, 2008
Re: Ap: Obama Aunt From Kenya Living In Us Illegally by Ibime(m): 7:42pm On Nov 01, 2008
tpia:

We are all Africans and we know how it goes.

GBAM! I am still looking for my cousin who is MIA.

Tayo-D:

Everyone gets a tax cut and not just the wealthy. If I may ask you, how many times have you being employed by the poor? It is the rich who create jobs and giving them as much tax breaks as the others is only sensible. Capital gains tax affects everyone. Tell me, was Clinton able to raise more money for the govt from a higher capital gains tax compared to President Bush?

You this guy. I can see stupidity is an affliction which is hard to get rid of. As the polls have gone for Obama, I can see your desperation increasing with each post. Each day, you keep getting more and more extreme, to the point that I have concluded that you are just a hopeless wingjob. The other day you said that 80% of people refused to respond to polls. Actually, you mean 8%. Keep hanging on to your hopes and making up ridiculous shit to console yourself. That said, the race is very close, no doubt - but no need to make up your bullshit 80% story.

McCains tax cut for the lower and middle classes is derisory. I wouldn't even call it a tax-cut. The bulk of his tax cuts are at the top-end.

Look at this ungrateful poor man - he is about to receive big tax cut from Obama and he is here complaining.

Please explain to me how Bill Clinton created 22.5 million jobs whilst George Bush created 4.5 million. Bill Clinton's tax plan was similar to Obama's whilst McCain's is similar to Bush's so I guess we can all draw our conclusions. It is simple: The poor spend their money on core goods and services, increasing demand and creating more jobs. Consumer Confidence is highly linked to job creation. The rich are also more likely to spend money on expensive items which are not labour-intensive. Even if a watch costs $100,000, it still takes the same number of people to make it as a watch that costs $100. How much money do the rich spend abroad every year - and how much do the poor spend abroad every year? This simple example alone should show you that on the consumer side, cutting tax for the rich does not increase the demand for jobs.

Also the small businesses who are unable to "outsource" will employ Americans, unlike the super rich who keep employing abroad, regardless of how much tax break you give them. The bulk of Bill Clinton's created jobs came from this category of businesses, not the big multinationals. This the supply-side economics that counts.

Infact, under Obama's plan, the big companies will create more jobs because they will have more demand for their products from the poor who have just gotten a tax cut from Obama. As we all know, the poor are best at spending whilst the rich are good at saving. Which group of people are going to increase demand more?

Whether demand-side economics or supply-side economics, Obama trumps McCain.

This stuff about cutting taxes for the rich has proven to be false. We have run the experiment for the last 8 years and it hasn't worked. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. We already have a model that worked in Bill Clinton's model. The stats are undisputable and trump your ideological theories anyday of the week. Tax cuts for the rich only work in new economies and emerging markets, not established economies. Full stop.

between, what is Britain's answer to the recession - stimulating the economy by spending - just the same as Obama's - and the same as Bernanke's. Phock your spending freeze. What does McCain know about economics?
Re: Ap: Obama Aunt From Kenya Living In Us Illegally by away4real(m): 8:31pm On Nov 01, 2008
Tayo-D:

away4real,
I never said that!
This is the same aunt he mentioned in his autobiaography. He is well aware of the state of his aunt and cannot even bail her out of her misery. Why should I think this person cares a hoot about me if he doesn't give a sh*t about his flesh and blood? He has twice said that America's biggest failing so far is that we are no longer our brother's keepers. Going by Obama's words then, I dare say he represents American's failings in its fullest expresion.
What idepology if I may ask? We are only judging Obama by his ideology here. It is obvios you are the one blinded by undying love for someone who does not live out his words. If he has failed to live up to his professed ideals in his family, why should I trust him to uphold it to the nation?

Your statement above refers, and pls read my post again i said larger share of tax cuts in proportion to their income.

Ok Obama's aunt is illegal what should he do subvert the process to help her, if he had defended her in d case u would say he is defending an asylum seeker that makes him extreme or anythin . How can you conclude he doesnt give a hoot about his aunty or family such unfairness from a professed christain is alarming u might disagree wit d guy on issues but be fair for christs sake, he left his campaign for 2 days to go see an ailing grand mother, took his daughter out for hallowen becos he cares and not a political stunt.

What other family ideals do you need, how many of your family members have u taken to the US, how many of your extended family members do u send money to? U dont have to answer becos they are symbolic questions the point as someone has stated above is our web of family links are quite large depending on the family u are from,even McCain has said he is a good family man so i dont get u.

U dont have to like Obama but dont smear him unfairly , i wont smear Palin or McCain on trivial issues i totally disagree with their positions but i recognise the service of McCain and cant stand the stupity of Palin,doesnt suggest they are bad people so all dis indirect insinuations on Obama is just pathetic.
Re: Ap: Obama Aunt From Kenya Living In Us Illegally by TayoD1(m): 9:07pm On Nov 01, 2008
@Ibime,

You this guy. I can see stupidity is an affliction which is hard to get rid of. As the polls have gone for Obama, I can see your desperation increasing with each post. Each day, you keep getting more and more extreme, to the point that I have concluded that you are just a hopeless wingjob. The other day you said that 80% of people refused to respond to polls. Actually, you mean 8%. Keep hanging on to your hopes and making up ridiculous shit to console yourself. That said, the race is very close, no doubt - but no need to make up your bullshit 80% story.
When you choose to address issues without being hung omn personalities, I will respond to you.
Re: Ap: Obama Aunt From Kenya Living In Us Illegally by sleekp1: 9:20pm On Nov 01, 2008
If Tayo spends as much time on himself as he does on Obama, he just might see the entire world is not collapsing around him. I feel sick.
Re: Ap: Obama Aunt From Kenya Living In Us Illegally by omoge(f): 9:23pm On Nov 01, 2008
Tayo

how many of your relatives have you helped to get green card or citizenship? how many have you seen thru the immigration process?

pls do not blame the man. there is nothing pple can do when you come into the country illegally.

if OB were to be helping pple in kenya, am sure the pundit would have said OB is sending money to terrorist.
Re: Ap: Obama Aunt From Kenya Living In Us Illegally by TayoD1(m): 9:24pm On Nov 01, 2008
@away4real,

Your statement above refers, and please read my post again i said larger share of tax cuts in proportion to their income.
The point is that recession is not the time for any form of tax increases. You can never tax your way out of a recession. Have you heard Obama talking about 90% of Americans getting a tax cut? Please do the math for me. How do 90% get a tax cut when about 40% do not even pay any income tax? How will that work? Is it going to be through sales tax? Are these tax cuts pre-Bush or post-Bush tax breaks?

Ok Obama's aunt is illegal what should he do subvert the process to help her, if he had defended her in d case u would say he is defending an asylum seeker that makes him extreme or anythin . How can you conclude he doesnt give a hoot about his aunty or family such unfairness from a professed christain is alarming u might disagree wit d guy on issues but be fair for christs sake, he left his campaign for 2 days to go see an ailing grand mother, took his daughter out for hallowen because he cares and not a political stunt.
Give me a break. Is it too much to weigh a man based on his profession? Obama has hammered that America's failing is that we've not being our brothers' keepers. The question is: has he? The political stunt issue is open to debate, seriously.

What other family ideals do you need, how many of your family members have u taken to the US, how many of your extended family members do u send money to? U don't have to answer because they are symbolic questions the point as someone has stated above is our web of family links are quite large depending on the family u are from,even McCain has said he is a good family man so i don't get u.
This is not someone he is unaware of. This is an aunt that made it into his autobiograpgy. This is an aunt that lives here in the US with him and in abject poverty. First it was a step-brother and now it is an aunt. I wonder what else we will find out.

U don't have to like Obama but don't smear him unfairly , i wont smear Palin or McCain on trivial issues i totally disagree with their positions but i recognise the service of McCain and can't stand the stupity of Palin,doesnt suggest they are bad people so all this indirect insinuations on Obama is just pathetic.
I do not unlike him nor am I smearing him. The point is that he does not live up to his words. Take for instance, his pledge to receive public financing and the u-turn afterwards. I do not take him seriously, really. So while you can't stand the so-called stupidity of Palin, I can't stand the hypocrisy of Obama. Are we even now?
Re: Ap: Obama Aunt From Kenya Living In Us Illegally by TayoD1(m): 9:29pm On Nov 01, 2008
@sleek_p,

Your post does not deserve a response.

@Omoge,

Tayo

how many of your relatives have you helped to get green card or citizenship? how many have you seen through the immigration process?
The issue here is not about immigration. I didn't say anything about it.

please do not blame the man. there is nothing people can do when you come into the country illegally.
Like I said, I am not paying attention to the illegality of her status. I am just trying to reconcile the fact that Obama said America's failings is because we are not our brother's keepers, and yet we do not see him doing that. He just strikes me as a typical liberal who will not spend his money to help but will tax and spend public money to address what they regard as a social misnormer.

if OB were to be helping people in kenya, am sure the pundit would have said OB is sending money to terrorist.
I've being sending money to naija through Western Union. No one has accused me on being a terrorist. The only caveat is that you must produce a driver's licence if you are sending over $1,000.
Re: Ap: Obama Aunt From Kenya Living In Us Illegally by omoge(f): 9:36pm On Nov 01, 2008
Okay Tayo smiley maybe he has been helping his family. as for the aunt, when you are here, you are on your own you know. i wouldnt blame him for anything.
Re: Ap: Obama Aunt From Kenya Living In Us Illegally by TayoD1(m): 9:51pm On Nov 01, 2008
@Omoge,

Okay Tayo maybe he has been helping his family. as for the aunt, when you are here, you are on your own you know. i wouldnt blame him for anything.
If that is the case, then he is pointing accusing finger at himself. That means he represents the highest form of degeneration of the American State, all these based on Obama's own words.

What I believe the poor man needs is not a govt hand-out. What they need is an equal opportunity to prosper like everyone else. Govt hand-outs create more govt dependence, which is why the govt budget keeps growing. What the Dems have suceeded in doing is create a huge voting block that despereately needs them to be in power to get their daily bread. This I find very appalling.
Re: Ap: Obama Aunt From Kenya Living In Us Illegally by Bastage: 11:05pm On Nov 01, 2008
It has not been proven that she is there illegally yet.
And even if she is, she has not committed a criminal act.

One thing to remember though. Obama did not know she was there. If he had, he would easily have been able to pull her citizenship.

Families are families. Some are close, some are not so close. I talked to my mother the day before yesterday and found out that my aunty has been here in the UK for 6 months!!! How do I feel about that? Well, me and my aunty aren't really close. I don't really know her apart from when I was a small boy. Maybe I will go and visit her, but probably I won't.

Does that make me a bad guy? Does that make Obama a bad guy?
Re: Ap: Obama Aunt From Kenya Living In Us Illegally by bawomolo(m): 11:11pm On Nov 01, 2008
And even if she is, she has not committed a criminal act.

huh yes she has
Re: Ap: Obama Aunt From Kenya Living In Us Illegally by NegroNtns(m): 11:12pm On Nov 01, 2008
@Post,

The Aunt's status as legal or illegal is a personal family issue that Obama need to attend to now that he is aware of it.  She should not be seeking asylum status in US.  Her intent to stay in US should be on a more and better tenable cause than escaping persecution at home in Kenya.  Nonetheless, I don't see any news worthiness in the issue.  Let it be and get away from this one, Obama will take care of her if she is that relevant enough in his life that she was worth a mention in his life memoirs, then she has earned enough credit for him to step in and give her a legal status - all he has to do is petition for her as the only paternal blood line he has in America, on grounds of heritage.

On other issues relating to tax and job creation - Tayo, I'm on your side.  Capitalism is the social order in America.  Capitalism is private ownership of the means to create productivity.  

Our problem is compounded by greed for consumption.  We are constantly spending to acquire and sorround ourselves with material objects. Outward image and the petty mind to give the impression of power and intimidation has overtaken the inner spirit's desire for healthy living.  The adverse impact is the presence of obesity from gluttony - eat, eat, eat! In addition to that we also have excess burden of debts - financed car, financed furniture, financed clothes, financed homes, financed computer, financed appliances, financed everything. . . . everytime you spend your credit card you accumulate debt in finance charges. . .  buy, buy, buy!  

Everytime you eat eat eat, you are taxed, taxed and taxed!  Everytime you buy buy buy, you are taxed, taxed and taxed!  You worked 40hrs and grossed $2,000.  You are taxed before you get your pay check, you are taxed when you buy grocery, you are taxed by utility companies, you are taxed when use toll roads, you are taxed when you see a doctor, you are taxed when you buy prescription medicine, you are taxed when you fly airline, . .  true, government is responsible for some of our troubles but overwhelmingly we are irresponsible and undisciplined about money management and fail to see that raw cash has more value than credit card, long term.  We have become a flock for consumer marketing industries, we are not the decision makers in what we want and where we go, they herd us in the direction they want us to go and in which manner they want us to respond to their products.  

We can tranform the relationship without upsetting the social system.  Capitalism and means of production can continue to rest in private hands but then the people who consume the production ought to have representation in form of a movement or a coalition that educates them and serve as their lobbyist for congressional legislations on consumer products and services.  This grassroot solution will deliver a redistributive balance in social opportunities and wealth.  This was Obama's position in his intent to run for Presidency and I supported it as it was in the original context.  I don't believe that is possible anymore even if he wins and become the President.  His White House staffers are overwhelmingly affluent whites and they will block his attempts to expand private ownership of means of production into minority hands.  

Minorities are an integral part of the consumption class, not of the financing class, period!
Re: Ap: Obama Aunt From Kenya Living In Us Illegally by Bastage: 11:33pm On Nov 01, 2008
huh yes she has

huh no she hasn't.

Residing in the US in violation of immigration law is not a criminal offence and such cases are therefore handled outside the criminal court system

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/us_elections_2008/7704052.stm
Re: Ap: Obama Aunt From Kenya Living In Us Illegally by RichyBlacK(m): 11:35pm On Nov 01, 2008
Nonsense Republican stunt that will fail.
Re: Ap: Obama Aunt From Kenya Living In Us Illegally by 4Play(m): 3:31am On Nov 02, 2008
Obama should practice this his "spread the wealth" ethos in his family first. I know many people who make sure that the very little they have goes a long way in helping as many as possible.
Re: Ap: Obama Aunt From Kenya Living In Us Illegally by DavidDylan(m): 3:35am On Nov 02, 2008
4 Play:

Obama should practice this his "spread the wealth" ethos in his family first. I know many people who make sure that the very little they have goes a long way in helping as many as possible.

are you also one of the blind who just repeat stuff they hear mindlessly without understanding it first? grin 4 Play no vex o . . .
Re: Ap: Obama Aunt From Kenya Living In Us Illegally by 4Play(m): 3:38am On Nov 02, 2008
DavidDylan:

are you also one of the blind who just repeat stuff they hear mindlessly without understanding it first? grin 4 Play no vex o . . .

Can you enlighten us on how Obama has been practicing ''spread the wealth''?
Re: Ap: Obama Aunt From Kenya Living In Us Illegally by DavidDylan(m): 3:40am On Nov 02, 2008
4 Play:

Can you enlighten us on how Obama has been practicing ''spread the wealth''?

Ask his wife . . . not me.
Re: Ap: Obama Aunt From Kenya Living In Us Illegally by 4Play(m): 3:45am On Nov 02, 2008
DavidDylan:

Ask his wife . . . not me.

I'm asking you as a prominent Obamaniac who has singlehandedly re-written Ohio licensing law in a bid to impugn someone who asked questions about Obama's tax policy.

Where in Obama's personal life has he practiced "spread the wealth"? Is it in his charitable giving or in regards to family members?
Re: Ap: Obama Aunt From Kenya Living In Us Illegally by NegroNtns(m): 8:40am On Nov 02, 2008
Where in Obama's personal life has he practiced "spread the wealth"? Is it in his charitable giving or in regards to family members

This is where ACORN comes in. Annenberg Foundation and the Woods Fund were charitable organizations funding non-profit community organizations. While on their board, Obama was one of those responsible for identifying and disbursing grants for need programs. There were many beneficiaries of the grants, primary amongst them was ACORN. So yes he has managed charities and community outreach programs.

What he did not give of his own personal money he gave in time, service and commitments both as a community center advisor and mentor as well as board member, and ultimately the Chairman of the board on those two foundations. He deserved credit for his selflessness back then. I know you will say it was a calculated vision for his political aspirations. I will agree with that opinion but to the extent that you view him as a plant - as one link in a chain of political operatives intended by the radical left to transform the ownership of wealth in America. Much as he dispells it as false labelling, Obama is an ideologue. If he wins radicalism wins, I just don't know to what extent they will succeed in implementing the Change he has earnestly vowed to bring.

4Play, you should vote for Obama.
Re: Ap: Obama Aunt From Kenya Living In Us Illegally by SeanT21(f): 11:27am On Nov 02, 2008
So what?

My mother have aunts that she have not spoken too or seen in Years. Should People blame her for them being here illegally? NO!!
Re: Ap: Obama Aunt From Kenya Living In Us Illegally by MrCrackles(m): 11:36am On Nov 02, 2008
big deal
even though there was some pictures of him and the woman way back in Kenya, her living illegally in the US was in no way facilitated by him
another plot to distract obama's apparent stroll to victory
another plot to derail and deflect attention from the smooth running obama's campaign has been enjoying
Re: Ap: Obama Aunt From Kenya Living In Us Illegally by tpia: 11:44pm On Nov 02, 2008
Re: Ap: Obama Aunt From Kenya Living In Us Illegally by adconline(m): 4:15am On Nov 03, 2008
tayo-D ,
you ideas are always wacked and skewed. How could Obama help his aunty without folks like you calling for his head -nepotism.
I got a question for you if this guy Obama is really bad as you make us to believe what becomes of your character? If Obama fits your description of a terrorist, then you as freaking Nigerian will qualify as a devil incarnate. I think you have really set a high bar for describing folks who are evil if Obama fits in that mode.
What is your case for John McCain?Elect him as Bush and the problerms of these past 8 yrs will be carried over.
Re: Ap: Obama Aunt From Kenya Living In Us Illegally by Ibime(m): 3:33pm On Nov 03, 2008
adconline:

you ideas are always wacked and skewed.

100%.

According to Tayo-D, Palin is the only one of the four who is fit to lead. Thats when I lost all respect for the guy. People are trying to move forward and he is going back into the dark reaches of the Republican party which has so repulsed people in the last 8 years.

On top of that, Tayo has been persecutor-in-chief over Ayres, Wright, ACORN etc. Even when it was shown that all of these associations were overstated, he has kept hammering Obama on these. This is the lowest level self-bigotry. Tayo-D is no different from James T Harris.
Re: Ap: Obama Aunt From Kenya Living In Us Illegally by NegroNtns(m): 4:32pm On Nov 03, 2008
Ayres, Wright, ACORN etc. Even when it was shown that all of these associations were overstated

You mean understated?

Followers of Obama have a blindfold over their eyes, they are duped, bamboozled and scammed into thinking that Obama is innocent of these associations or that they were mere circumstantial meetings. To the contrary, Obama was actively connected with these people and organizations in an ideological imprint. I continue to say this, I am on Tayo's side on the issues of Obama's associations with radicalism. The difference is you can see radicalism as a problem or you can see it as an asset. I see it as an asset and when I look at Obama in terms of these associations he earns my respect, without them he is irrelevant in my eyes.

America stopped imprisoning people for political conscience and so you dont see political prisoners in America. Its because they serve as galvanizing points for grassroot movements. That tactic has proven successful. People refuse to believe in Obama's radicalism and that helps the establishment to isolate him and dilute the convergence which otherwise would have resulted if he was indeed crowned as a radical. Stop the denial and accept that he is radical. Obama has a future beyond Nov 4th, if he wins on grounds that he is not radical then it becomes impossible for him to run as a radical President. Attempting to do just that might then cost him his life. fbi and cia can decapitate their own leader just as they can that of a foreign country.
Re: Ap: Obama Aunt From Kenya Living In Us Illegally by Ibime(m): 6:03pm On Nov 03, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

You mean understated?

Followers of Obama have a blindfold over their eyes, they are duped, bamboozled and scammed into thinking that Obama is innocent of these associations or that they were mere circumstantial meetings. To the contrary, Obama was actively connected with these people and organizations in an ideological imprint. I continue to say this, I am on Tayo's side on the issues of Obama's associations with radicalism. The difference is you can see radicalism as a problem or you can see it as an asset. I see it as an asset and when I look at Obama in terms of these associations he earns my respect, without them he is irrelevant in my eyes.

America stopped imprisoning people for political conscience and so you don't see political prisoners in America. Its because they serve as galvanizing points for grassroot movements. That tactic has proven successful. People refuse to believe in Obama's radicalism and that helps the establishment to isolate him and dilute the convergence which otherwise would have resulted if he was indeed crowned as a radical. Stop the denial and accept that he is radical. Obama has a future beyond Nov 4th, if he wins on grounds that he is not radical then it becomes impossible for him to run as a radical President. Attempting to do just that might then cost him his life. fbi and cia can decapitate their own leader just as they can that of a foreign country.

You are completely wrong for many reasons. . . . . you would love to believe that Obama shares your radical views, but you are in for a rude awakening. . . . . association does not mean you share ideology, neither does friendship. . . I have friendships with some people who frankly should be arrested. . . it doesn't mean I share their beliefs. . . . . lest we forget, Aryres is a colleague of Obama's. . . . Jeremiah Wright is just a typical pastor still hung up and affected by the Jim Crowe era. . . . . that does not mean we turn our backs on such people. . . . they are a part of our community. . . . it is IMPOSSIBLE for anybody in political life in Chicage not to have associations with such people. . . . . it is par for the course. . . . .I know many pastors such as Jeremiah Wright. . . . it doesn't mean I accept their message on America or UK, but I can go to their church, no problem. . . .

From Bill Gates to Bill Ayres

From Warren Buffet to Jeremiah Wright

From ACORN to Harvard Law Review

From Hedge Fund Managers to Community Organisers

I am happy that Obama has a diverse range of associations and is well schooled in this thing we call life. He has seen all sides.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obama's Grandmother Dies Hours Before Election / Israel Is Building A Secret Tunnel Destroying Weapon / The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.