Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,322 members, 7,819,103 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa (28452 Views)

Asari Dokubo Spotted In The Jet That Smuggled $9.3m Into South Africa / What My Uncle Told Me About The Missing $9.3million / Seized $9.3million Controversy: APC Raises 15 Questions For President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by Keky(m): 3:59pm On Sep 15, 2014
African police are investigating two Nigerians and an Israeli citizen who tried to bring $9.3 million (5.7 million pounds) in cash into the country illegally, a spokesman said on Monday, in what might have been part of an arms deal.

The South African Revenue Service (SARS) seized the funds at Lanseria airport, northwest of Johannesburg, on Sept. 5. The funds are being held at the central bank as police investigate, SARS spokeswoman Marika Muller said.

"The passengers' luggage was searched after Customs officials detected irregularities. The money was detained as it was undisclosed/undeclared and above the prescribed legal limit," Muller said in a statement.

South Africa's City Press newspaper reported that bundles of unused $100 bills packed in three suitcase were transported in a small business jet from the Nigerian capital, Abuja.

The three passengers said they were using it to buy arms for the Nigerian security services, City Press said.

South African airport security spokesman Solomon Makgale confirmed a police investigation was underway but declined to give details.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/09/15/uk-safrica-seizure-idUKKBN0HA0KG20140915

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by makazona(m): 4:29pm On Sep 15, 2014
nawao

*modified*

i just dey chop FTC dz days sef sotey i don tire

infact,i want to organise a training with the topic "how to be FTC on frontpage thread.who is interested?

grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by iamodenigbo1(m): 5:01pm On Sep 15, 2014
nsogbu di,captain Tunde ?
Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by philantoxx(m): 5:05pm On Sep 15, 2014
will reply in due course
Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by vicenteze: 5:08pm On Sep 15, 2014
Captain Tunde hmmmmmmmm
Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by PointB: 5:21pm On Sep 15, 2014
Following...
Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by atlwireles: 5:28pm On Sep 15, 2014
Bank of Utah was also involved in another airline saga, some months ago.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 15, 2014
Name of Suspects?

4 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:41pm On Sep 15, 2014
iamodenigbo1: nsogbu di,captain Tunde ?
O Jonathan zi Tunde ozi.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by iamodenigbo1(m): 5:50pm On Sep 15, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
O Jonathan zu Tunde ozi.
ibu ono na ndo hu onwa

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by argon500: 5:52pm On Sep 15, 2014
I wouldn't said i doubt this news but sahara reporters as a source...hmmmmmm grin tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by obailala(m): 6:30pm On Sep 15, 2014
We know that whoever the culprits are (APC or PDP), they would never be punished if they return to Nigeria. The only favour we ask from South Africa is to just lock the individuals up like they did to Henry Okah.

Another huge favour they can do is to mention the bloody names of the individuals..

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by publicenemy(m): 7:20pm On Sep 15, 2014
Nigeria again......

This country should be alone in Mars.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by RockMaxi: 7:44pm On Sep 15, 2014
Will be right back.

The NCAA will not provide
the accurate numbers, but a list of identified
active private and business jets is provided
below. The list is not complete and might not be
entirely accurate

Embraer EMB135BJ Legacy 600 (N357TE) – I.
Rabiu / BUA Group
Embraer EMB135BJ Legacy 600 (M-ANGA) –
MaxAir
Embraer EMB135BJ Legacy 600 (5N-RSG) –
Rivers State Government
Embraer EMB135BJ Legacy 600 (ZS-LRK) –
SkyJet Aviation
Embraer EMB135BJ Legacy 600 (ZS-UBS) –
SkyJet Aviation

A little research into owners of Embraer 600-Please thread carefully tongue shocked

4 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by chinasaekperem: 7:47pm On Sep 15, 2014
Nawa, I didn't bother reading before knowing his tribe.
Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by ZACHIE: 7:59pm On Sep 15, 2014
Everything these kindergartens in authority touch turns to scandal

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by mainheart(m): 8:03pm On Sep 15, 2014
God pls expose them. am pleading with South Africa government to trial them and if the convict them, life imprisonment pls. Because we are afraid of our government

5 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by donmalcolm21(m): 8:11pm On Sep 15, 2014
Sometimes I feel like strangling the reporters for SR because of their biased reporting. Why should Nigeria buy arms in the black market when its not under any sanction. SR need to tell the truth and anyone that belives that shit will belive that the MuM did not give birth to him or her. Plz don't quote me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by gratiaeo(m): 8:14pm On Sep 15, 2014
I saw Tunde there.
Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by EbolaParasite: 8:17pm On Sep 15, 2014
Just in case....
in 1, 2, 3....

I talk am. Finally on there. See why it pays to park bus. You can all do it. [size=2pt]front page tinz[/size]
Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by jking001(m): 8:22pm On Sep 15, 2014
Don't they do change of ownership when something like plane is been sold?
Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by ejikechibuzor(m): 9:02pm On Sep 15, 2014
CONFUSION is when you go steal meat from the pot, and you forget whether the spoon was on top or inside the pot

87 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by bustyhelen(f): 9:03pm On Sep 15, 2014
too bad
Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by andyanders: 9:14pm On Sep 15, 2014
Too much money in this country. That money must belong to our thieving politicians.

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by fkaz(m): 9:58pm On Sep 15, 2014
Questions that must be answered
-who owns the money?
-who are they buying the arms for?
-How& where did they get such raw
cash(dollars)?
-How did they pass through Nigerian security at the airport?
-If the arms are for the Nigerin security agencies why cash transaction & Secrecy
We hope the arms are not for Militias/groups in 2015

We will be following this case closely to its logical conclusion - APC BBM CHANNELS C00462FB9

20 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by fkaz(m): 10:04pm On Sep 15, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A JEGA Must Go Protest Currently On Along Ikorodu Road Lagos / #Buhari's365Days: Ezekwesili & Adesina On Channels TV - Nigerians React / Senators, Reps Collecting Signatures To Impeach Buhari - The Cable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.