Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,073 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries (13770 Views)

Akwa-Ibom Baby Left To Starve & Die For Being A Witch In Healthy-Looking Photos / Woman divorces her husband because he was too good to her(Photo) / Wife Leaving Husband Because He's 'too Good' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by youngwarlocks: 6:47pm On Sep 16, 2014
Make i eat dis food 1st
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by youngwarlocks: 6:47pm On Sep 16, 2014
Make i eat dis food 1st
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by lampardizik(m): 6:49pm On Sep 16, 2014
where is the source.....i have seen this somewhere before
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 16, 2014
Awesome post! I'm a victim but neva again do i let ingrates take my gentility for stupidity! It's fire for fire...the boy is good "apa niwon npe be"

3 Likes

Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by XwhY(m): 6:51pm On Sep 16, 2014
I realy need this @ the moment. Thanks
Time for setting boundaries.

1 Like

Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by rattlesnake(m): 6:53pm On Sep 16, 2014
I love this thread

1 Like

Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by rattlesnake(m): 6:54pm On Sep 16, 2014
lampardizik: where is the source.....i have seen this somewhere before
and so fukcning what....haba
Why are there so many foolish people like u everywhere

What is the relevance of this Ur nonsensical comment to the subject matter at hand

2 Likes

Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 16, 2014
I have learnt the hard way that it's naive to try being good,nice and kind all the time. People often tend to take you for granted. Irascible and rumbustious individuals are better appreciated. Some people don't deserve nice people in their lives, sincerely.

3 Likes

Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by johnstar(m): 6:56pm On Sep 16, 2014
noted
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by eleojo23: 6:57pm On Sep 16, 2014
lampardizik: where is the source.....i have seen this somewhere before
You most likely saw it on this forum. Not exactly this though. I posted a similar topic here before Nairaland was hacked. OK now?

1 Like

Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 16, 2014
*grabs popcorn and #20 zobo*i am so following this thread.

1 Like

Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by UjSizzle(f): 6:58pm On Sep 16, 2014
Thank you. I needed to read this.

1 Like

Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 16, 2014
*grabs popcorn and #20 zobo*i am so following this thread.
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by Odunharry(m): 7:04pm On Sep 16, 2014
Clemzy16: This stuff have been on front page before..
yap...all d posters 4 first page dy book space God dy watch
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by LoBoR: 7:04pm On Sep 16, 2014
Such is life..gud guys are taken for granted and d bad guys are loved..any opportunity u get straf d bitch..one gud turn deserves anoda grin..everyday for the thief one day for d owner of d hauz.

1 Like

Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by Spidermon: 7:04pm On Sep 16, 2014
Be a nice guy for too long and one day you would find the world kneading your balls like a Rubik's square.

1 Like

Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by Raypawer(m): 7:07pm On Sep 16, 2014
This was one of the thread hackers wiped of.. well done op!

1 Like

Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by adexsimply(m): 7:09pm On Sep 16, 2014
This is coming at the appropriate time. Thanks!!!

But I no dey learn from my mistakes o sad

1 Like

Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by musicwriter(m): 7:14pm On Sep 16, 2014
Stop preaching selfishness, my friend.

The greatest men/women ever lived are those that sacrificed their need/life for others.

Jesus
Martin Luther
Ghandi
Mary Slezor
Bhuda,
Nelson Mandela
Kwame Krumah e.t.c

''if you want to be great you must serve others''... Jesus Christ.

There's nothing wrong in helping others.

There's nothing wrong in sacrificing for a moment so others may be be happy.

There's nothing wrong in sacrificing your own need, if helping others meet their need will mean greater good.

When people are on their dying beds do you know their two biggest regrets?.

1. Not pursuing their dream.
2. Not doing enough to help others.

I will keep giving, as long as I have.

1 Like

Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 16, 2014

1 Like

Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 16, 2014
The op is discussing me.

1 Like

Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 16, 2014
Nicely said smiley. Well done, OP.

1 Like

Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by basille(m): 7:25pm On Sep 16, 2014
Once upon a time, i was a polite shy dude who could never say no, was always displeasing himself to please others, but along the line people took me for granted, didn't respect my views and opinions and always tried to use me to get what they want.
That's just how life is, when a commodity is in much circulation, it loses it's worth and becomes common. It's good to be nice though, but to an extent.
Fast forward to the present, i got just one word for you "Individualism".

4 Likes

Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by eleojo23: 7:35pm On Sep 16, 2014
musicwriter: Stop preaching selfishness, my friend.

I knew someone would come up with this.

You did not fully comprehend the post. Even before I started out, I made it clear that there is nothing wrong in being generous. In fact the world is a better place with more generous people. But always giving at your own expense and always having to say yes to people's demands when you know it's to your detriment is not good. Sometimes always helping others makes them irresponsible.
Jesus had boundaries. Did you ever read in the Scriptures where it said that Jesus would not entrust himself to men because he knew all men?
This is not encouraging selfishness. It's about applying wisdom in dealing with people.

You may want to read the post again.

3 Likes

Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by anonimi: 7:38pm On Sep 16, 2014

The greatest men/women ever lived are those that sacrificed their need/life for others.

Jesus
Martin Luther
Ghandi
Mary Slezor
Bhuda,
Nelson Mandela
Kwame Krumah e.t.c

There's nothing wrong in sacrificing your own need, if helping others meet their need will mean greater good.

The OP has not said do not give.
He said give with BOUNDARIES such that you do not hurt yourself for relations & friends who do NOT need ETERNAL crutches since they are not permanently DISABLED.

Why is that so difficult to understand

Akikanju t'oba mọ ija ti ko ba mọ isa, iruwọn a ma ba ogun ẹlomi lọ ni - A brave warrior who knows how to fight but does not know when to stop fighting will die fighting ANOTHER man's battle.

#Nuff_Said

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by Boland(m): 7:50pm On Sep 16, 2014
Word.

1 Like

Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by musicwriter(m): 7:52pm On Sep 16, 2014
eleojo23:
I knew someone would come up with this.

You did not fully comprehend the post. Even before I started out, I made it clear that there is nothing wrong in being generous. In fact the world is a better place with more generous people. But always giving at your own expense and always having to say yes to people's demands when you know it's to your detriment is not good. Sometimes always helping others makes them irresponsible.
Jesus had boundaries. Did you ever read in the Scriptures where it said that Jesus would not entrust himself to men because he knew all men?
This is not encouraging selfishness. It's about applying wisdom in dealing with people.

You may want to read the post again.

In practice, nobody gives without boundaries, so, I understand everything you've said. And, no matter what you think, it's better to give than not. The benefit of giving out-weighs not giving. Giving makes you happy and younger.
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by Drkul(f): 8:12pm On Sep 16, 2014
They tagged me mother christmas in secondary school, cos my provisions were food for all grin
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 16, 2014
This is very insightful and is coming at the moment I need it most. Thanks very much OP for this. My BP has been on the constant rise due to the spiraling need2give drive in my veins. I always feel like the entire world is my responsibility to fix and that its only in giving that I am receiving these excesses. Who feels it, knows it.

3 Likes

Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by jieta: 8:41pm On Sep 16, 2014

Jesus
Martin Luther
Ghandi
Mary Slezor
Bhuda,
Nelson Mandela
Kwame Krumah e.t.c

this is how i have always think, feel. Jesus came to this world to die for me so i should help other give, when others don't have. what has it brought me name calling , hatred, bt since i have decided to follow the ways of the world an eye for an eye. Nobody dears me or else you see the other part of me. in nutshare i don't see any thing wrong with what the op post

1 Like

Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by nekede11(m): 8:57pm On Sep 16, 2014
D word "NO" i no dey fear or shame to use am 4 long,@op, thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Can Bring Satisfaction For Couples In Marriage? / The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.