Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,876 members, 7,824,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. (5208 Views)

Quran Says Bible Is A Book Of Reference For The Muslims / What Does The Quran Says About Blasphemy? / The False Dajjal (Anti-Christ) And His Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by maclatunji: 6:40am On Sep 18, 2014
Asiwaju9ja:

In your mind you have spoken like a scholar? "Running things" does not mean sharing God's Authority my friend. I know how sensitive issues like this can be to d average Muslim. Because of their indoctrination kind of followership. There is no independent thought. God sending angel Dibril(Gabriel) to Maryam(Mary) is an example of "running things" Jesus Christ(PBUH) being with God and wanting to come back at God's appointed time (Judgement Day) is "running things" with God. I had to use the simpest of words and examples just maybe you will understand this Slowpoke's terms. PS. I can't see any of Mohammed's (PBUH) physical contribution during these times(Judgement day) all these that I have I said are according to Muslim philosophy o!

You had to run back. Please clearly highlight how Jesus (As) 'runs things' with God. So, you are adding angels to your list of 'running things' crew or you are saying Jesus is not 'running things' with God anymore?

Going by your new addition, people should start worshipping Angels too? Tell us.

Muslim theology clearly states that God does not share authority with anyone. If you want to claim angels are running things, you might as well claim all humans are running things as well.

How did God describe Adam to the Angels in the Quran before creating him since you want to start quoting it to support your falsehood?

You post rubbish and you will be utterly disgraced today.
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Asiwaju9ja(m): 6:45am On Sep 18, 2014
Zeinymira:

On the day of resurrection,this is the conversation that will take place between Allah(SWT) and his messenger,Jesus(PBUH)

As an Olodo, again I ask, where is Mohammed(PBUH) in the scheme of things in the last days when Jesus Christ(PBUH) and Allah are having a discussion on the way forward?

You know what the answer is, DEAD.

As usual my my Muslim friends, I am just arguing from a lay man perspective after disabusing my mind from being a Muslim or a Christian. I am asking these questions just like a baby to find logic and meaning.
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Asiwaju9ja(m): 6:53am On Sep 18, 2014
maclatunji:

You had to run back. Please clearly highlight how Jesus runs things

I thought I gave examples? OK, see my response to my sister's post. Because she said that Allah and his Messenger Jesus Christ(PBUH) are gonna have a coversation(running things) on the way forward(judgement day) Forgive my childlike arguement it is I repeat for easy comprehension.
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by maclatunji: 6:59am On Sep 18, 2014
Asiwaju9ja:

As an Olodo, again I ask, where is Mohammed(PBUH) in the scheme of things in the last days when Jesus Christ(PBUH) and Allah are having a discussion on the way forward?

As usual my my Muslim friends, I am just arguing from a lay man perspective after disabusing my mind from being a Muslim or a Christian. I am asking these questions just like a baby to find logic amnd meaning.

No, you are wantonly misquoting Islamic sources and are now backing down when your ignorance is being exposed. You tried to claim that Islam recognises Jesus (AS) in the way that Christians see him. She just gave you evidence that the Quran itself quotes Jesus (AS) as rejecting your claims. Now, you are trying to divert from the topic you created.

We Muslims know the role Prophet Muhammad (SAW) will play on the day of Judgement. That you do not believe in it is obvious.

Your coming to this section to create a thread to prove your disbelief will be sanctioned soon enough.
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by maclatunji: 7:03am On Sep 18, 2014
Asiwaju9ja:

I thought I gave examples? OK, see my response to my sister's post. Because she said that Allah and his Messenger Jesus Christ(PBUH) are gonna have a coversation(running things) on the way forward(judgement day) Forgive my childlike arguement it is I repeat for easy comprehension.

Every human being will face reckoning with God. The verse she quoted does not in any way show God talking to Jesus (As) on "the way forward", Does a judge discuss "the way forward" with a defendant?
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Asiwaju9ja(m): 7:06am On Sep 18, 2014
maclatunji:

Every human being will face reckoning with God. The verse she quoted does not in any way show God talking to Jesus (As) on "the way forward", Does a judge discuss "the way forward" with a defendant?

And who is the defendant? I hope it is not the man without sin?
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Asiwaju9ja(m): 7:09am On Sep 18, 2014
maclatunji:

Your coming to this section to create a thread to prove your disbelief will be sanctioned soon enough.

We are discussing and not quarreling. Hope this is not another threat of be-heading or Fatwa?
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Asiwaju9ja(m): 7:11am On Sep 18, 2014
maclatunji:

No, you are wantonly misquoting Islamic sources and are now backing down when your ignorance is being exposed. You tried to claim that Islam recognises Jesus (AS) in the way that Christians see him. She just gave you evidence that the Quran itself quotes Jesus (AS) as rejecting your claims. Now, you are trying to divert from the topic you created.

We Muslims know the role Prophet Muhammad (SAW) will play on the day of Judgement. That you do not believe in it is obvious.

You are to tell us. Educate us and not threaten Us. Not by force now.
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by maclatunji: 7:16am On Sep 18, 2014
Asiwaju9ja:

And who is the defendant? I hope it is not the man without sin?

Oh, you Christians have ensured that he has sin. By the way, the claim of without sin is a Christian belief. So, you still insist on proving your disbelief.

You are the one who has made the Quran your reference point and it does clearly state he is a defendant.

I have given you evidence from your preferred source, if you claim it is not your preferred source, you would be proving yourself to be a liar and trouble maker.
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by maclatunji: 7:17am On Sep 18, 2014
Asiwaju9ja:

You are to tell us. Educate us and not threaten Us. Not by force now.

Education is for those wanting to learn not for people seeking to argue for the sake of it or to massage their egos.
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by maclatunji: 7:20am On Sep 18, 2014
Asiwaju9ja:

We are discussing and not quarreling. Hope this is not another threat of be-heading or Fatwa?

You do not believe in Islam, what do you hope to achieve by coming to this section to display your disbelief? This section was not created for that purpose.
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Zeinymira(f): 7:45am On Sep 18, 2014
Asiwaju9ja:

As usual my my Muslim friends, I am just arguing from a lay man perspective after disabusing my mind from being a Muslim or a Christian. I am asking these questions just like a baby to find logic and meaning.

On the day of Judgement,the only one who is fit to intercede for us is Prophet Muhhammed(SAW) not Isa or Musa or Adam(peace be upon them all)

You didn't come here to learn anything only to display ur deficient knowledge.
First u atarted with falsehood by saying Quran 50,verse 23 is talking bout mary's ascension.

It is injustice for us as citizens of nairaland country to say asiwaju9ja is the most pious human here,so for us to receive forgiveness from the owner of NL for our sins,let's crucify asiwaju9ja by nailing him to the cross. That's blasphemy and wickedness in its purest form
So as muslims we believe its blasphemous for us to think the Almighty will purnish someone on another person's behalf.
Allah is the most forgiving,so whatever sin you have commited do not lose hope in his forgiveness
But you won't ponder on this,am sure
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Asiwaju9ja(m): 7:46am On Sep 18, 2014
maclatunji:

You do not believe in Islam, what do you hope to achieve by coming to this section to display your disbelief? This section was not created for that purpose.

My Brother, like i said. I have disabused my mind and want to learn. How did Jesus (PBUH) Sin? Please, let me know.
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Asiwaju9ja(m): 7:58am On Sep 18, 2014
Zeinymira:

On the day of Judgement,the only one who is fit to intercede for us is Prophet Muhhammed(SAW) not Isa or Musa or Adam(peace be upon them all)

You didn't come here to learn anything only to display ur deficient knowledge.
First u atarted with falsehood by saying Quran 50,verse 23 is talking bout mary's ascension.

It is injustice for us as citizens of nairaland country to say asiwaju9ja is the most pious human here,so for us to receive forgiveness from the owner of NL for our sins,let's crucify asiwaju9ja by nailing him to the cross. That's blasphemy and wickedness in its purest form
So as muslims we believe its blasphemous for us to think the Almighty will purnish someone on another person's behalf.
Allah is the most forgiving,so whatever sin you have commited do not lose hope in his forgiveness
But you won't ponder on this,am sure

That is not how it is in the Christian philosophy. Read the Bible Also with a clear mind. Just maybe you will get the message. Jesus's birth, teachings, death and resurrection, were in fulfillment of Prophecies laid out in the Quran and the Bible.
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by maclatunji: 8:05am On Sep 18, 2014
Asiwaju9ja:

My Brother, like i said. I have disabused my mind and want to learn. How did Jesus (PBUH) Sin? Please, let me know.

it is not for me to start listing the sins of a prophet. Just know that nobody can claim to be without sin in relation to God.
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by maclatunji: 8:09am On Sep 18, 2014
Asiwaju9ja:

That is not how it is in the Christian philosophy. Read the Bible Also with a clear mind. Just maybe you will get the message. Jesus's birth, teachings, death and resurrection, were in fulfillment of Prophecies laid out in the Quran and the Bible.

The Quran clearly states that he was not killed and neither did any resurrection happen. This your last warning regarding making a claim that is not in the Quran as being in there. You might get a ban soon, a Muslim that repeatedly does what you are doing gets banned, banning you would not be a problem at all.

You claim you want to learn. Yet, you are making claims of being an authority on the subject.
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Asiwaju9ja(m): 8:20am On Sep 18, 2014
maclatunji:

The Quran clearly states that he was not killed and neither did any resurrection happen. This your last warning regarding making a claim that is not in the Quran as being in there. You might get a ban soon, a Muslim that repeatedly does what you are doing gets banned, banning you would not be a problem at all.

You claim you want to learn. Yet, you are making claims of being an authority on the subject.

Jesus's birth (was it not prophesied in the Quran and Bible) teachings(also in the Quran and Bible) death and ressurrection(in the Bible) Coming back(Quran and Bible)
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Asiwaju9ja(m): 8:26am On Sep 18, 2014
Can you please move this to the appropriate section. If you are the MOD. Maybe here is not the appropriate section.
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by maclatunji: 11:37am On Sep 18, 2014
Asiwaju9ja:

Jesus's birth (was it not prophesied in the Quran and Bible) teachings(also in the Quran and Bible) death and ressurrection(in the Bible) Coming back(Quran and Bible)

It is dubious to muddle things up. The story of Jesus in the Quran is different from what the Bible says.
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Asiwaju9ja(m): 1:08pm On Sep 18, 2014
maclatunji:

It is dubious to muddle things up. The story of Jesus in the Quran is different from what the Bible says.

That's why it is a discovery. That the Quran had its accounts of Jesus's life. Some truly Amazing discoveries that most pple didn't know that the Quran has its own accounts. All the same the accounts in d Quran were quite thought provoking never the less as I have come to see.
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by manmacho: 2:05pm On Sep 18, 2014
Asiwaju

No matter how much you try, truth be told, the Jesus in the bible is soooooo different from the Jesus of the Koran. you can never use the Koran to justify the sonship and lordship of Jesus christ.

the two Jesus are from different world entirely

one Jesus will still come back, marry and die

the other Jesus will come to reap his own

Bro. if Grace permit God will show the Muslim the light

is out of your hand all you can do is Pray
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by merieam16(f): 2:21pm On Sep 18, 2014
Kingharzyz: hmmmm
I guess ure muslim 4 talkin lik dis,he didnt bow down mind u,he fell with his face 2 d ground wc christians do
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by merieam16(f): 2:46pm On Sep 18, 2014
Dis argument will neva end,my families in faith leave dis people alone nd let dem continue walking in darkness,its nt der fault though if nt 4 father abraham dat slept with d slave. May God help us
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Akindarchi(m): 3:07pm On Sep 18, 2014
Maclatunji asalam alaykum warahmahtullahi wabarakatuh, jazakallahu khayran, you might wanna cool down a little for the dude though, you strike me to be a bit on the harsh side, and really the op hasn't behaved as badly as most bashers do, he may be genuinely ignorant of what he is saying, and probably stumbled across the post from an anti-islamic website
@op I would say that the original post you put up there really is true, but you are looking at the info with tainted eyes. An advice to you is that you humble yourself if you really want to learn. Rather than present your "facts" about Jesus that you already "know", I would have expected that you asked the muslims here to show you with proof from the quran why we believe what we believe. Then I am sure Maclatunji and co would see you to be a sincere person in search of truth and shed some light on concepts such as:
1) why Jesus can't intercede for people on judgement day
2) why muslims don't believe God was incapable of forgiving without meting out the capital punishment on a "sinless" person
3) why God/ a part of God/ a form of God/ a relative of God could not be killed
4) why even though Jesus healed the sick and gave life by the PERMISSION of God we don't latch on to the wagon of christians saying Jesus is God
5) How even though Jesus was born without a father, we don't make him into more than what he claimed to be, that is "son of man"
6) also it so appears that the post you put up didn't cover everything about Jesus in the quran, it might benefit you somewhat to kindly ask if we muslims could show some of what you missed out in your post, afterall, Jesus was mentioned by name 25 times In the quran smiley

*concerning no5, that's a classic case of being desensitised to a miracle of God. EVERY single person that is born is a miracle, but you are used to it already, hence when you hear about Jesus's case you are like that's too much for a human being to do. You make it sound like Jesus performed that miracle, but if you look with the right mind you would realise that God-who made Adam from clay(abi mud) and made Eve from the rib (I am not so sure) of Adam and has been making every man since then from the mixture of you know what- would have no problem creating a baby and placing that child in a ready womb. Every one of these kinds of creation are worthy of being called miracles. And none of the creation is worthy of being raised to the level of the creator

May God forgive me for any error in my post, this was just my opinion on the matter, and you are not obliged to follow it

1 Like

Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Asiwaju9ja(m): 7:56am On Sep 19, 2014
Where is malvisguy212's post? Na wa o!
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by AbdH: 8:40am On Sep 19, 2014
Asiwaju9ja: Where is malvisguy212's post? Na wa o!

What is the purpose of this thread? Is it to understand or antagonize?
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Akindarchi(m): 1:14pm On Sep 19, 2014
As a quick add-on, Moses showed a miracle to the magicians of pharoah by causing the staff to turn to a snake and then turn back to a staff, in essence he created life from a dead thing and reversed the process, I don't see how Jesus creating a live bird from clay is any more unique than the incident of the snake with Moses, both scenarios just validate the claims of these people with whom God chose to perform the miracle which was "hear o isreal, the lord OUR God is one lord..."
This is a mediocre attempt at shedding some light on the no 4 of my previous post
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Macelliot(m): 2:33pm On Sep 19, 2014
Kingharzyz:

xtian also hate Muslim and xtian are well satisfied by the FG constitution.. ... imagine why Friday cannot be a off day as Sunday?
We were colonized by the british and not by the Arabs.
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by AbdH: 6:34pm On Sep 19, 2014
Macelliot:
We were colonized by the british and not by the Arabs.

In other words, Christianity supports it when Muslims are denied their rights.
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by bumps(m): 12:04pm On Sep 20, 2014
If jesus is the son of God like they say,then Adam that was created without having any link to any creature before then will be called brother of God or what.just asking.lol God is wonderful
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Macelliot(m): 4:54pm On Sep 20, 2014
AbdH:

In other words, Christianity supports it when Muslims are denied their rights.
In Vice versa.
The same thing happens in the Arab and middle-Eastern countries.... Christians are denied their rights more than you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Punctuation Signs in The Quran / Islamic Jokes / Before And After Converting To Islam (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.