Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,967 members, 7,814,262 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? (8041 Views)

Boarding Schools And Lesbianism / Share The Crazy Funny Things That Happened While In Boarding School / Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by Nobody: 2:30am On Jul 04, 2006
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by dbounddy(m): 2:37am On Jul 04, 2006
awwwwwwwwwww, Kunbi Costa , what a suprise i remember you , in school , we sat together on the same  seat in Js 1 . Dang girl its been long yo , wats good
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by Nobody: 2:39am On Jul 04, 2006
hahah be quiet 'ken'
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by shawna(f): 2:42am On Jul 04, 2006
i went to boarding school in nigeria it was holy child secondary school horrible experience at thesame time fun i guess undecided
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by dbounddy(m): 2:51am On Jul 04, 2006
my experience was bad, i used to get into trouble wit the Stupid Seniors who lay down on their bed and ask younger students to go get them water. I got into a couple of fights because of that trash, i sure did beat some ass, but i was always ganged up against, Steal the younger student's Possesion all in the name of Seniority, Men i thank God I had my big brother.
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by folkzy(f): 6:33pm On Jul 04, 2006
@K2DAC
oh yeah, i remember u. u used to be in d assistant senior girl's room {d last room in hostel 1}.
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 06, 2006
ohh my gosh i feel so bad i dont even remember , yes i was in the last room shocked lol i kinda recall washing bathrooms cuz is there anythin i didnt do there?
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by dbounddy(m): 7:22pm On Jul 06, 2006
were you a maid ,
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 06, 2006
they treated us like one or else we would get beat
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by mamaput(f): 7:44pm On Jul 06, 2006
Well even as a day student they dealt with me . They tried with my sister but found out she was a mad woman even the teachers left her alone anfter trying hard she will do no punishment and refuse to get flogged, Her motto was pull it through no matter what comes .

Most of those fucking bitches were girls that my brother had ,had, refuse to have , used or what ever.
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by folkzy(f): 7:14pm On Jul 07, 2006
@K2DAC
Yep. i mean Ifenna.

Hostel life was fun for me as i went to d skool as a senior student.

Whatever ur experience was, am sure u had fun n y'll will love to go back.
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by muinat(f): 7:31pm On Jul 17, 2006
i went to St. Louis Grammer School boarding school, and its controlled by those catholicsand trust me those sisters were mean like hell, and some of the seniors were kinda mean too.
i am so glad i only used one year in that school before i came to the US.
fifty percent of it was fun.
i thought it was going to be real fun but it wasn't that fun
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by muinat(f): 7:33pm On Jul 17, 2006
even though i wasn't coming here, my mom already said that am not going back there. i am not even suppose to be there, i had to beg my mom and dad to let me
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by Gamine(f): 6:03pm On Jan 12, 2007
oh well, reviving this thread,

I was a Boarder for 6ix str8 yrs(NNSS Ojo), ooh ma days , the memories eh grin
oh lawd hv mercy, its all good, thank God i turned out Alright, sm pple didnt cry
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by Hugoboi(m): 6:15pm On Jan 12, 2007
Yeah!! i was a boarder too but dat was like ten years ago {i cant believe its bin that long},Anyway my school{FGC OKIGWE} was like the Bronx during a shoot out, pretty chaotic!!}.The first five years werent funny i swear, but the last was like "i wish this would neva end"!!!

2 Likes

Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by lolabaloo(f): 1:36pm On Feb 15, 2007
@visitkcj went to FGC IKIRUN TOO. ACTUALLY IT WAS STRESSFUL cry AND ALSO FULL OF FUN. cheesy
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by georgies(m): 5:43pm On Jun 22, 2007
The best boarding school ever is Government College Umuahia.
Discipline will be instilled in you.
I can remember plenty people that passed through there
2shot,bally,mboh,etal
May we shine as one.
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by MP007(m): 8:06pm On Jun 22, 2007
gezz, STIL remember the craze movement i went through at Grait International College Sango ota, waking up at 4;30 like u in the military, it was just crazy GIC was crazy yall
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by hannydarl(f): 9:54pm On Jun 28, 2007
Went to boarding school at st louise grammar school Akure it was fun only for seniors and those juniors with school mama connections and we dint hear much about lady koi koi but a girl confessed one day after a snake was killed in one of the supervisors house that she was the snake and she wanted to bite the baby of the woman though it was a hush hush thing cos her parents were sent for and by the time I heard about it they were coding the gist and by then I dint understand Yoruba wella. But boarding house is intresting and fun I am glad I boarded its a good experience would like ma kids to go to boarding school too but when they are in senior class though.
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by cooldude62(m): 1:07am On Feb 24, 2008
"school life's the best" fgc idoani,96 set
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by kadafi(m): 1:13am On Feb 24, 2008
Boarding school was one of the best experiences ever
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by Joan4427(f): 4:04pm On Jan 12, 2010
To re-live your boarding school experiences, check-out the "Feddie Girl" novel by Nona David. It's about the hilarious adventures of an American teen in a Nigerian Federal (Boarding) School and documents the whole juicy details from a fresh angle you've never imagined.

Novel Back Blurb:

FEDDIE GIRL is an international adventure/thriller about the experiences of an American teenager in a Nigerian boarding school. This novel offers a unique reading experience--witty, fun, and exhilarating. The masterful suspense, action, and sub-plot will curl your toes, keep you reading all night, and leave you thirsting for more.

Carlotta Ikedi (A.k.a Feddie Girl) has never liked school. Not in California. Not in Oklahoma. When her exasperated parents ship her off to boarding school–in West Africa–Carlotta faces a life, culture, and existence unlike anything she’s ever known.

School rules and regulations, rising bell, lights-out, manual labor, inspections, dining time, prefects, punishments, mean bunkmates, and visiting days–it’s all here. But author Nona David takes Carlotta’s story a step further when her adventures lead to unfortunate incidents that threaten to drive her American family into the clutches of infidelity and organized crime.

Boarding school doesn’t get any better than this…

For those who have experienced the boarding school life, the adventures of Feddie Girl will bring those memories crashing back… For anyone else, get ready to see the world as Feddie Girl.

This novel is available on the publisher's website: https://bernardbooks.com/links.html

Also available in Nigeria at an affordable price. See location and contact details on the publisher's site. (Use link above)

Read sample Chapters and reviews on the publisher's site or go to this thread on this forum: [url]https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-365502.0.html
[/url]
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by mskeeter: 4:11pm On Aug 19, 2010
I love my stay in the boarding school. We were assessed depending on our behavior and our weaknesses eradicated. Choice of subjects is important and were guided towards a career for which were are suited and in which we have an interest or hopefully a passion. Great experience.
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by Sessyjee(m): 8:15am On Aug 20, 2010
Nice thread. Tears in my eyes.
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by KENGERALD: 6:00am On Jan 11, 2011
Boarding schools are really great. it's one of the best ways on how to become independent and gain more self-confidence. It's one way also to discipline your self.

-a href="Teen-Boarding-School.com">California boarding schools</a>
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by honiellyn: 8:54am On Sep 05, 2011
I am Writing Essays about boarding schools and its difficulty. There is always a pros and cons being away of the parents and it could be a great impact or a negative impact to one's child. I am having boarding school now and its a bit okey for me but not just that great.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

More JAMB 2018 Results To Be Released, See Release Date / Uniabj Vs Abu Vs Unilorin Vs Lautech Vs Uniben Vs Unibadan Vs Oau Vs Unijos / Unizik Post Ume 2011/2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.