Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,022 members, 7,814,493 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? (8042 Views)

Boarding Schools And Lesbianism / Share The Crazy Funny Things That Happened While In Boarding School / Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by IAH(f): 8:08pm On Dec 20, 2005
@Hot-Angel, you never went to boarding school, so why are you talking as if you actually saw those Madam Koskos and Bush-baby, etc? They are all LIES! I can tell you that for sure. So don't believe it.
@Casper, Do you by any chance know one Kemi Ogunlaiye?
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by truthhurts(f): 9:22am On Dec 21, 2005
Boarding school! isnt all fun especially when its a sinfgle sex, school my bunk mate whos was my senior abused me sexually 4 a term, it was horrible. embarassed embarassed embarassed
i would never send my kids to one neither would i advise it
the beauty is when u mix with people from diverse culture and colour smiley smiley
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by Scorpio(f): 2:27pm On Dec 21, 2005
sawy sweetie undecided
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by ocho(f): 3:02am On Dec 22, 2005
i spent 6 good years at a bording school and i have mixed emotions when i remeber it .It was at FGGC Bauchi. There was the good times and then the HORRIBLE times, over all, it was "just there". I had great friends then so i guess that made the good times over shadow the bad. And those scary and rather amusing madam coicoi storeis lol lol i still don't believe them because i never saw one.
@ Hotstepper: wowww!! wish my school was as nice.
i remember when we used to have the beans and Garri days, there'd be too much of BEANS in my WEEVILS cos it sure as hell did seem more like a meal of weevils than[b] beans[/b] angry
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by hotangel2(f): 3:09am On Dec 22, 2005
I know FGGC bauchi.

IAH... But some people saw those stuffs!
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by nike4luv(f): 4:52am On Dec 22, 2005
eh, see my life o, i no go to boarding school before, i no go to government school before, ehn, i neva see naija lifee o am such a saddo

my brother went to boarding house in oyo oh yea nesto college oyo, hell, efon jesu mi o but u know looking back is like "wow, dose days"
is anyone familiar to school mother stuff {i watched my school mother-film}, and the bullying, and the provision that they would steal from u, anyways i was told it was fun..neva tasted it
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by Hotstepper(f): 5:38am On Dec 22, 2005
yea, i love ma skool mother oooooo..infact, i chatted with her 2day...boarding skool 4 me was fantastic or 2 anyone dat went 2 mine....peace
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by ldollier(f): 4:16pm On Jan 06, 2006
unfortunately for me, i entered boarding school at the age of 8. i stayed there for like a year and a half. i hated my whole experience. first of, it was hard for me because i was so young. and then you have all the whole witch stories, animal stories. gay/lesbian stories. infact i hated boarding school and i wont encourage anyone to even go to one.
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by Outkast(f): 6:04am On Jan 07, 2006
went to Q.C for 1 term before my aunt started having dreams that I'd die there, Although I was always sick, I had fun. All those tales were part of it, sigh...does were the days
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by Prada(f): 10:41pm On Jan 11, 2006
@ Hotstepper

I read out your post to someone who went to your school, she said I should say thanks on her behalf for representing her and all the past and present students of FGGC Onitsha. She said you brought back good memories. ( she can never forget the beans and dodo days as well). she was in ZINNIA HOUSE.
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by Hotstepper(f): 12:52am On Jan 12, 2006
aww@Prada......tell her shez most welcomes......if u don't mind, pm me privately so u can tell me about da gurl..probably she was a friend and iw anan hook up with high skool friends as muxh as i could..hope 2 hear 4rom u................
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by mohid(m): 4:15pm On Feb 23, 2006
think going to a boarding school was the best thin that cud ve happened to me i went to afederal schools in the glory days (before the devastation of the present decade)and anyone who did ll agree there is nothin compared to it all i that i am was defined by my stay in the boarding house at federal its an experience worth re-living.all hail F G C ENUGU DA BEST(ANY PEACE HOUSE SET OF 1996 HOLLA { M.O.D} mo_hid69@yahoo.com)
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by ocho(f): 5:27pm On Feb 23, 2006
Am i like the only "Bauchi girl" in the land? angry
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by Hotstepper(f): 1:45am On Feb 24, 2006
@mohid, i know alot of ppl dat went 2 ur skool including ma bro. and cuzzin,
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by Scorpio(f): 2:52am On Feb 24, 2006
ocho:

Am i like the only "Bauchi girl" in the land? angry
relax naw, cheesy
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by ocho(f): 4:30pm On Feb 24, 2006
lol girl the thing tire me angry angry angry grin
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by nikinash(f): 4:46pm On Feb 24, 2006
wow, boarding school was great, so much fun and independence! and all those stories were just stories. all those who said they saw one thing or the other were just fabulizing. hot angel dont believe all them stories.
the visiting days, the interschool competitions, where you get other schools coming over to yours and start posing for the boys, all those social fridays, wow just brings back memories. cheesy
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by Coolbabe(f): 11:08am On Mar 12, 2006
Hi Hotstepper, saw u went to fggc onitsha and so did I. Yeah nice experience I must say. Really can't forget the tuesday and thursday afternoon of beans and dodo.
What set did u graduate?
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by Hotstepper(f): 3:05am On Mar 13, 2006
@coolbabe, good 2 see ma ppl here tongue, am 2002 set but left the skool in 1999, how about you?
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by mamaput(f): 10:33am On Mar 14, 2006
I spent some time in boarding school
Bush baby mami water, witch, to crown it all talk of armed robbers that come to steal girls for raping
I remember on night we were all talking about what we will do if they armed robbers come,
I said jump out of the window.
The others laughed at me that they will not take me , then they wanted girls with ass and breasts.
I was one of the late developers.
The first school i was in was horrible they kept punishing me for nothing and forced a school mother on me.I left to become a day student.
The second school was OK ,it was a new school and we were the first set that was in class 2.
there was nobody to "deal" with us only teachers.
The principal was a nasty woman Jehovah witness but when we had exams she petted us extra good food , she even brought cola and snakes in the exam hall for us.
And in our fainal year we did no work . no cutting grass , or sweeping classroom or what ever she petted us.
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by bossapuffy(m): 11:59pm On Apr 03, 2006
Hey, na Taidob me self go but hey it was terror but it was da bomb, but i left in SSS2 coz i had to kam to uk but i left last year. and missed evry1 but still communicating wiv al ma frends tho
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by angelu(f): 7:58pm On Apr 09, 2006
hmmm, u people are talking about when you were in boarding school, me that am still in boarding school what should i do eh, have you guys heard of Funtaj High School. don't be fooled by the fun in the name abeg! sha its not bad. undecided
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by Prada(f): 4:08am On Apr 10, 2006
@Hotstepper re:#42 

I'm afraid the person I know passed out before you started secondary school since you said you were meant to have finished in Year 2002. I guess its still good to know your school has not lost its touch.
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by Hotstepper(f): 2:52pm On Apr 10, 2006
@Prada, that is sad but what set was she and her name and lastname?, I might know tongue
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by visitkcj(m): 2:30pm On Apr 29, 2006
I was a boarder while in FGC Ikirun.
Pls if there's any Ikirun student pls hola,
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by otolorin(m): 1:25pm On May 02, 2006
@ layi
i was at ogbomosho too, 'twas hell men, especially durin the junior days
had some cruel guys den
musty, kado, lucifer, and dem lots.
guess they were just catching their fun then.
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by Z4M4eva(f): 1:34pm On May 02, 2006
otolorin:

@ layi
had some cruel guys den
musty, kado, lucifer, and them lots.
guess they were just catching their fun then.

Aww. I see it's your b'day today. Happy B'day Hun. smiley kiss
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by gentleone(f): 4:04pm On May 02, 2006
umm, boarding school days uh, ? when i look back now, i just laugh.

i remember when i first got in, all my school uniforms and housewear were stolen! i hadn't gotten a locker then and the box room was no safer. the meals were terrible esp the beans;omi sororo ni. all water, no pepper, no oil.d meat was just like maggi cube and its just 1 o,we only get to eat 2 on sunday afternoons.

man, if you don't make it to the dining room on time, forget it o, no food or if you make it on time and you don't have plate, nothing foryou as well.
water nko, we used to have a reservoir(always open) with dead lizard n frog n all sorts  in it and when there's no water, na so we go take am bath and even drink it sef! i shiver now when i remember what i've drank oooo.enough stealing of water and bucket as well.

there was this reverend sister we had then who doesn't take nonsense(sister sally), ah, u dare not miss your meals or miss siesta or miss sports shocked, she would flog d hell out of u! she even used to walk around in the night to make sure lights were out and that students were sleeping!

yeah, we had wicked seniors( i remember being beaten by two at the same time sef for gossiping about them),madam kos kos stuff(never heard it o), we had d school mother,school sister,school lover, sweetheart n all sorts! of course we had lesbians too(t'was only girls) n yes there was man in d dormitory too.

wow, i could go on and on, 

@ layi
had some cruel guys den
musty, kado, lucifer, and them lots.
guess they were just catching their fun then,

@ layi / otolorin, do u know tuti or alabi ibrahim, they both finished from ogbomoso though i'm not sure of the year.
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by otolorin(m): 8:53am On May 03, 2006
Z4M4eva:

Aww. I see it's your b'day today. Happy B'day Hun. smiley kiss
thanks. 'twas real fun yesterday, colleagues at work were really fantastic.
and did u check the calendar to know dat it was my B'day yesterday?
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by GL(f): 4:40am On May 16, 2006
Boarding school was FUN!!! there were the bad times but on d whole it was good. i attended 2 christian coed schools. never heard of gay/lesbian stuff, at least not in girls hostel. the food wasn't the best, but it was ok. there were times when there would be no water or light. there was a lot of witch talk. ppl from govt. schools used to tell us about bush baby, madam koi koi, shift-make-i-sleep (FGGC Sagamu), bunkshakers, the MAN (pronounced Mohn), iwin ogede etc. There were LOTS of funny, scary stories. It's about all the adventure that most of us nigerians ever have. those of u who are still in the boarding house, take time to enjoy urself. when u're out u'll be sorry u wasted ur time worrying about little things like food etc.

Scorpio, when did u graduate from Ibillo? I have two secondary school classmates who left Ibillo in 1999.
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by Scorpio(f): 3:34am On May 17, 2006
@ GL, f'real? yea, i left in dat year, hook a sis up pls undecided grin
Re: Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? by folkzy(f): 2:21pm On Jun 29, 2006
i went to taidob high skool. i was a border. D experience was fun

@K2DAC

When did u leave d skool.

My name is funke, i use to be in hostel one. do u rmember me?. what is ur real name? cos i remember most ppl dat went to taidob high skool. d skool is now called taidob college.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uniabj Vs Abu Vs Unilorin Vs Lautech Vs Uniben Vs Unibadan Vs Oau Vs Unijos / Unizik Post Ume 2011/2012 / Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission [discussion Thread]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.