Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,355 members, 7,954,422 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:43 PM

Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 (21518 Views)

Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed / Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 / Is It Right For Teachers To Encourage Pupils To Shame Classmates? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by Nobody: 6:27am On Sep 17, 2014
Ko
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by Rilwayne001: 6:28am On Sep 17, 2014
k
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by scofieldsimba(m): 6:28am On Sep 17, 2014
Its not really about the ebola virus. I think NUT just wanna use this opprtunity to reposition our schools. I tell u the truth ,most of this schools don't have access to portable drinking water.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by point5: 6:28am On Sep 17, 2014
9ja which way?
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by Nobody: 6:30am On Sep 17, 2014
ayanbaba2: Agreed...25th-dec_on_point
i reject it.my girl na during school she dey com i cant wait til dec,make dem start school next week
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by Nobody: 6:31am On Sep 17, 2014
kbshow100: T
iheanyi40: .
osjoshua: .
ogawisdom: .
strykr: .
danaiks: .

All of you....if you have nothing to say...don't say it.

To the topic....there should be some coherence in our education policy. I find the attempt to scrap the TRCN strange.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by safarigirl(f): 6:31am On Sep 17, 2014
talk2riel: Nation of confused people
FG announced closure of schools until mid october, everybody holla it was to long.
FG announced resumption date for school, everyone is shouting not to go back to school. Why nigerians cannot use their mind and brains for once and stop following the bandwagon of some buffoons.
this is what they said on political platform yesterday. The teachers were ready to resume September as usual before the minister moved it to October despite Ebola. Besides, you are more likely to get Ebola from religious houses where there are large gatherings and the markets visited every weekend. Their shifting it won't mean a thing. Irrespective, I'm sure the wise ones will resume September, unless NUT wants to pay members' salaries

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by Okudiover(m): 6:34am On Sep 17, 2014
cry cry cry cry All this wahala because of one dead man called Patrick.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by Onyiibazz: 6:34am On Sep 17, 2014
Bia! Force them to go bak to class jor, they are just being unnecessarily lazy, they want to continue running their other businesses while the govt pay them 4 not working
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by iheanyi40(m): 6:36am On Sep 17, 2014
bushdoc9919:

All of you....if you have nothing to say...don't say it.

To the topic....there should be some coherence in our education policy. I find the attempt to scrap the TRCN strange.
and how is it ya biz U de subscribe 4 mii ? undecided
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by blesszzy(m): 6:49am On Sep 17, 2014
talk2riel: Nation of confused people
FG announced closure of schools until mid october, everybody holla it was to long.
FG announced resumption date for school, everyone is shouting not to go back to school. Why nigerians cannot use their mind and brains for once and stop following the bandwagon of some buffoons.
Honestly, am surprised by d attitude of Nigerians.. You do one thing, they complain, you do the opposite side they also complain.. Na wow!!!

1 Like

Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by Nobody: 6:53am On Sep 17, 2014
sad na wa o. All those children go soon 4get wetin dem don teach them
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by lafuria1(m): 7:02am On Sep 17, 2014
NUT are just tactically trying to remove blame from themselves in the future. There is no reason why they shouldn't resume given how the federal government and lagos state government have controlled the Ebola crisis. They teachers don't want to be blame in the future should any student or pupils contact Ebola (but how would that happen), they will say the government failed to provide them with the necessary facilities.
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 17, 2014
Ghen ghen....federal govt VS teachers grin grin

Confused country. undecided

Abeg na una sabi o, make una sha give me overall before I go back go teach any body pikin. undecided

MabraO I hope say you dey hear
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by Tekzyflex(m): 7:18am On Sep 17, 2014
Confused entities AKA Nigeria leaders.
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by Tekzyflex(m): 7:19am On Sep 17, 2014
Confused entity AKA Nigeria leaders.
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by ussy09(m): 7:19am On Sep 17, 2014
Pateniya: If the NUT keep waiting for federal govt directive on the training about ebola, that means they dont want to resume school. It is better school resume and each school establish their own preventive measure.
. Exactly my point, gov't can nt do every tin, mayb dey r nt in town during ASUU strike, dey just wan old 4houz growin iron bears. God pls make tins easy 4d masses.
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by segradinho: 7:24am On Sep 17, 2014
why wouldnt they agree on the date, seems they're enjoying the vacation and wouldn't want to resume. Parents cant wait for their wards to resume

Good news for smart phone users, you can now purchase MTN and Etisalat Data Plans for as low as N400 for 250mb, Check out
this thread on Nairaland for full details https://www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-etisalat-data-cheapest-rate
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by johnjay4u2u(m): 7:27am On Sep 17, 2014
i'm so in support of september 22. As long as markets,parties, churches and mosques are not closed, why close school?
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 7:37am On Sep 17, 2014
ASUU don finish der own, ASUP don finish der own ...now NOW NUT don start i pity for dis con3

1 Like

Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by RebelLeader15(m): 7:41am On Sep 17, 2014
tonjeola: what is this country turning to?
The country is gradually degenerating into a House of Madness

1 Like

Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by Kunleskey(m): 7:42am On Sep 17, 2014
What can i Say dis ebola of a thing is causing 2much delay o make i do my tp and gerout...wat a shame
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by comrChris(m): 7:58am On Sep 17, 2014
Talking oct 13 as if it is next year,they should dawn resume school jare my cousins are tired at home,

is it possible for a careless govt we have to provide all those things they requested in space of one month when this same govt could not answer asup for 10months

1 Like

Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by Forwetinnah: 8:00am On Sep 17, 2014
naijathings: [size=18pt]it is better to be SAFE than to be SORRY[/size]

why does the government want the schools to resume in such a hurry when
the scourge of ebola is still evident in our country?
these kids have parents who might be ebola positive and then they pass it to their kids who unkowingly bring it to school.
i will really hate to see a school child die from ebola because of this

Is it the Government's fault that schools are resuming on the 22nd...they initially said 13th October but Private School owners went on rampage running their mouths everywhere, calling a press conference..siting examples that market, churches etc are still operational therefore they would reopen to meet up their syllabuses for the term. Greedy people...their aim was just to reopen so they can collect their 1st term school fees. NOW YOU ALL ARE BLAMING THE GOVERNMENT..!! It is real wah for Nigerians o. .they forget easily, abi you be APC wey no dey ever SEE anything good from this administration?

1 Like

Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by IYANGBALI: 8:02am On Sep 17, 2014
iheanyi40: M not in support of dis sept22 thingy atall
jan 22,2015 is the best date jare
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by Forwetinnah: 8:05am On Sep 17, 2014
blesszzy:
Honestly, am surprised by d attitude of Nigerians.. You do one thing, they complain, you do the opposite side they also complain.. Na wow!!!

The thing taya me I shuwear. ..where NUT BEEN DEY WHEN PRIVATE SCHOOLS OWNERS DEY PARA TO REOPEN. ..taaaaah!!!
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by Forwetinnah: 8:10am On Sep 17, 2014
Adikam: i reject it.my girl na during school she dey com i cant wait til dec,make dem start school next week

Follow ya mate joor...leff Primary/Secondary school pikins dem alone tongue . So she go leave school come tanda for ya house?? Na wetin her parents dey pay fees for?? shocked
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by IYANGBALI: 8:11am On Sep 17, 2014
Forwetinnah:

Is it the Government's fault that schools are resuming on the 22nd...they initially said 13th October but Private School owners went on rampage running their mouths everywhere, calling a press conference..siting examples that market, churches etc are still operational therefore they would reopen to meet up their syllabuses for the term. Greedy people...their aim was just to reopen so they can collect their 1st term school fees. NOW YOU ALL ARE BLAMING THE GOVERNMENT..!! It is real wah for Nigerians o. .they forget easily, abi you be APC wey no dey ever SEE anything good from this administration?
pple are blaming govt because they allowed the shylocks that own private schools to coerce them to change the date from13th oct to 22nd sept. Go to most public schools,nothing is on ground to tackle this problem,I pity the Nigerian child. Smh for Nigeria,its well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by teebarbie(f): 8:14am On Sep 17, 2014
Are the NUT sincere about this? Would they have said this if their salaries wont be paid for the months they stay at home? Would they maintain this facilities if at all they are been provided?

1 Like

Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 17, 2014
this has gotten out of hand oo

nothing can be more serious but does this apply to private schools too?
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by searay(m): 8:20am On Sep 17, 2014
Hope Govt no go sack us if we go strike. At least two incubation period of ebola suppose pass since the last reported case.
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 17, 2014
Forwetinnah:

Follow ya mate joor...leff Primary/Secondary school pikins dem alone tongue . So she go leave school come tanda for ya house?? Na wetin her parents dey pay fees for?? shocked
i dont know wer ur mind is goin bt am only teaching her sex education.notin else

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rivers State University SUG Official Gives Boyfriend Award For Being Supportive / 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever / UNIBEN Suspends 2016 Post-UTME Screening Exercise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.