Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 (21438 Views)

Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed / Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 / Is It Right For Teachers To Encourage Pupils To Shame Classmates? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by MabraO: 8:25am On Sep 17, 2014
FrankySnow: Ghen ghen....federal govt VS teachers grin grin

Confused country. undecided

Abeg na una sabi o, make una sha give me overall before I go back go teach any body pikin. undecided

MabraO I hope say you dey hear

These teachers re bunch of clowns
After 2weeks d FG set 22nd as resumption date just few days to it they now want to ignore.
Well u won't blame them na those private schools proprietors/proprietress I go blame for pushing the FG

I dey hear oh but that one no mean say we no go reports
Cos my allowee is at stake wink cheesy
I love that more than anythinggrin

1 Like

Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 17, 2014
MabraO:

These teachers re bunch of clowns
After 2weeks d FG set 22nd as resumption date just few days to it they now want to ignore.
Well u won't blame them na those private schools proprietors/proprietress I go blame for pushing the FG

I dey hear oh but that one no mean say we no go reports
Cos my allowee is at stake wink cheesy
I love that more than anythinggrin
I love my allawee more than you bro. wink
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by Shollay20(m): 8:36am On Sep 17, 2014
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by MabraO: 8:37am On Sep 17, 2014
FrankySnow: I love my allawee more than you bro. wink

So u like money pass me abi sad
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 17, 2014
MabraO:

So u like money pass me abi sad
My brother who no like money. grin
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by MabraO: 8:42am On Sep 17, 2014
FrankySnow: My brother who no like money. grin

**heart break**
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 17, 2014
MabraO:

**heart break**
Hian. So I should free my allawee abi? When was the last time you gave me money for my hair? tongue all you do is admire from the side undecided let me work for my own money na. wink

Oya collect your allawee and give it to me.
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by tonjeola(m): 8:45am On Sep 17, 2014
RebelLeader15: The country is gradually degenerating into a House of Madness
...LOL!
no be small things oo, is like i go start preparing my visa to waka or what do u advice?
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by ekenzify(m): 8:46am On Sep 17, 2014
I DONT KNW WHY THE FG CANT USE SIMPLE LOGIC TO HANDLE ISSUES. FOR GOODNESS SAKE, WHY TELL TEACHERS TO RESUME DUTIES WHEN ADEQUATE EQUIPMENTS AINT BEEN MADE AVAILABLE TO HELP CURB THE SPREAD OF THIS EBOLA VIRUS. DOING SO IS LIKE SENDING A HUNTER TO HUNT AT NIGHT WITHOUT GUNS, TRAPS N TORCH LIGHT.

GOD HELP US ALL!
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by stan241(m): 8:49am On Sep 17, 2014
Erm i think the post says those teachers whose schools have not been provided with the necessary health materials should not resume not all the teachers as per say....Nigerians and reading prob sha
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by RebelLeader15(m): 8:51am On Sep 17, 2014
tonjeola: ...LOL!
no be small things oo, is like i go start preparing my visa to waka or what do u advice?
good! Atleast wahala go reduce by 1%
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by MabraO: 8:52am On Sep 17, 2014
FrankySnow: Hian. So I should free my allawee abi? When was the last time you gave me money for my hair? tongue all you do is admire from the side undecided let me work for my own money na. wink

Oya collect your allawee and give it to me.

For that I dash u all my allowee I no want again cheesy

Wen u got such a beautiful hair wot u making ur hair for Again? undecided
I learnt hair dressing no need no need going out to make ur while I can
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by tonjeola(m): 8:56am On Sep 17, 2014
RebelLeader15: good! Atleast wahala go reduce by 1%
lolz
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 17, 2014
MabraO:

For that I dash u all my allowee I no want again cheesy

Wen u got such a beautiful hair wot u making ur hair for Again? undecided
I learnt hair dressing no need no need going out to make ur while I can
I've decided not to make it again. I'm going to carry it like this for 5 years without attaching wevon or anything whatsoever to it so you are very lucky wink
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by MabraO: 9:09am On Sep 17, 2014
FrankySnow: I've decided not to make it again. I'm going to carry it like this for 5 years without attaching wevon or anything whatsoever to it so you are very lucky wink

Oh dats my babie kiss **hugs**
But 5 years no too much?
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by Unclerukus: 9:12am On Sep 17, 2014
Is the NUT going to feed the teachers starving family and pay them salary and bonus for the time being. The teachers I know are complaining already,if they don't have a financial package for them they should shut their trap.
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 17, 2014
MabraO:

Oh dats my babie kiss **hugs**
But 5 years no too much?

No.
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by makazona(m): 9:25am On Sep 17, 2014
NUT is doing this becaause whether they work or not,they will get paid.we are complaining about the WAEC failure rate when schools were on.what will happen then when the students resume with an empty brain.

Fear of ebola and politics mixed up
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by makazona(m): 9:30am On Sep 17, 2014
ekenzify: I DONT KNW WHY THE FG CANT USE SIMPLE LOGIC TO HANDLE ISSUES. FOR GOODNESS SAKE, WHY TELL TEACHERS TO RESUME DUTIES WHEN ADEQUATE EQUIPMENTS AINT BEEN MADE AVAILABLE TO HELP CURB THE SPREAD OF THIS EBOLA VIRUS. DOING SO IS LIKE SENDING A HUNTER TO HUNT AT NIGHT WITHOUT GUNS, TRAPS N TORCH LIGHT.

GOD HELP US ALL!

Education at this level is in the concurrent legislative list.isnt it??
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by Ahmeduana(m): 9:31am On Sep 17, 2014
Dexpro: Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT) has directed its members to ignore the 22nd of September, 2014 resumption date of primary and secondary schools in Nigeria announced by the federal government.

National President of NUT, Comrade Micheal Olukoya, gave the directive while briefing journalists in Abuja on Tuesday.
According to him, the teachers should only resume if the Federal Government sufficiently trained and provide them with necessary preventive and protective gadgets on Ebola virus.
“But where the federal government insists on the 22nd September, 2014, date in spite of the wise counsel, the union will rather direct teachers to resume schools whenever they are sufficiently trained and their schools have been provided with the necessary preventive and protective gadgets.

“For the avoidance of doubt, the teachers have this day, resolved to resume classes in obedience to the federal government directive, in states where teachers have been trained to handle any outbreak and all the required preventive and protective gadgets such as hand gloves, sanitizers, infra-red thermometers, running water and soaps have been provided as directed by federal government of Nigeria.
“In states where the training has not been done and necessary safeguarding gadgets not provided, teachers shall continue to remain at home until their state governments respond positively or the union directs them to the contrary”.

He noted that the dream of the union is to see all things put in place to protect the teachers and school children from being infected in the school.
“The NUT is strongly of the opinion that it is better to delay the resumption of school till 13th October, 2014, even when the scourge would have been off months ago than rush and open schools only to be faced with attacks of EVD in the schools.

“It makes more sense to be doubly sure than to operate on shaky grounds of uncertainty and probability as it will be catastrophe of unimaginable dimension if by any act of omission we rush and open schools and end up with even up with even one primary or secondary school being infected by the virus.

The union also threatened to shut down the education sector if the federal government scraps the Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN) because it is the only regulatory body for the practice of teaching in Nigeria from primary school to the tertiary institution.
“This attempt at scrapping TRCN shows clearly that the federal government does not care about the standard of teachers of Nigeria and the much sought-for professionalism of the teaching industry.

“The teachers of Nigeria are watching this development with keen interest with a view to returning to the trenches of 1992 and 1993 as they will not just fold their hands and watch the bastardisation of thief profession”.

Source: http://www.informationng.com/2014/09/ebola-nut-asks-teachers-to-ignore-sept-22.html
IT CAN ONLY HAPPEN IN NIGERIA!
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by MabraO: 9:33am On Sep 17, 2014
FrankySnow: No.

Ok babie
Where did d D**r and L**e u do call me go
Re dey on Ebola strike?
Cos dis B*****r ehn lipsrsealed
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by IYANGBALI: 9:53am On Sep 17, 2014
tonjeola: ...LOL!
yes o,iraq,pakistan or afghanistan will be cool for you.
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 17, 2014
Ok. If NUT is waiting for FG to provide teachers with Ebola education,then they will wait for ever.
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by justineu(m): 9:57am On Sep 17, 2014
So nigerians!! If ur employer say dis if u don't like dat u ignore it?? Dat can only happen in nigeira.
I just pray that wen dis man is re elected let him do justice wit dis unions, I knw there are doin dat because his goin for 2nd tenure.. if dis kind of tin happn wen his in power come 2015 den I will accept dat Gudluk is an I.diot.
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by trish(f): 10:59am On Sep 17, 2014
Odunharry: no time

9ja kids will be like

Chei u funny well well
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by ekenzify(m): 11:00am On Sep 17, 2014
makazona:

Education at this level is in the concurrent legislative list.isnt it??

Of course it is... I also feel Education should solely be on d exclusive list
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by Forwetinnah: 11:15am On Sep 17, 2014
Adikam: i dont know wer ur mind is goin bt am only teaching her sex education.notin else

gringringringringrin....teacher woofoo,teacher her wella
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by jbaby265(f): 12:09pm On Sep 17, 2014
20pounds: When I was a kid; the news of an impending strike lifts my spirit like human hair do to Naija ladies. Our teachers, then, were committed but we weren't. Today, the reverse is the case.

Teachers of today are a bunch of people who missed their targets in life and are teaching to 'pass time' and find their footing again. They are not serious and committed! They are more interested in their monthly pay, than the welfare of the student.

What am I saying? In Nigeria, today, most people are interested in one job - Politician! - That is where you sit and do nothing, while accumulating wealth like no man's business.

God help this country.

what is dis one saying....do u understand simple grammer atall?
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by kennyaati(m): 1:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
Protection of lives of d masses is nothing 2 d god god damn leaders of dis god damn country...
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by kingsleyMbang(m): 2:31pm On Sep 17, 2014
Further postpondmt of resumptn date wil alter d entire skool calender. Its beta 2 start nw while maintaining a high level of hygiene in al skools.
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by tonjeola(m): 2:50pm On Sep 17, 2014
IYANGBALI: yes o,iraq,pakistan or afghanistan will be cool for you.
hahahahaha grin grin grin u no like me at all, wetin i do na? wey u hate like dis.....lolz
Re: Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 by makazona(m): 3:31pm On Sep 17, 2014
ekenzify:

Of course it is... I also feel Education should solely be on d exclusive list

i respect ur opinion my gd frnd but to me, it is better off in the concurrent list.as it regards d topic,states should decide when to resume cz even if the NUT decides to resume when d state is not ready,it wont work still

my thoughts anyway

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ABU Zaria 2016 /2017 Second Batch Admission List Is Out / Redeemers University Graduate Sponsored By A Stranger Speaks / 20 OOU Students Hospitalized Following A Stampede, Ahead Of A Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.