Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,044 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Thread To Save The 12 Soldiers Sentenced To Death For Mutiny - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thread To Save The 12 Soldiers Sentenced To Death For Mutiny (923 Views)

Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction / 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death / 50 Terrorists, 12 Soldiers, Policemen Feared Killed In Borno Attacks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread To Save The 12 Soldiers Sentenced To Death For Mutiny by uchedydy: 10:08pm On Sep 16, 2014
This is not just an ordinary thread, it is a movement to save the soldiers convicted for mutiny in the Nigerian Army.

It is my belief that these soldiers deserve to be pardoned, not that what they did was not wrong, but because of the conditions and circumstances leading to their action.
Soldiers who fight and die in battle on empty stomach, in the heat of the forest, only to be 'sabotaged' by some of their superiors who only sit in AC cars and offices leading to the death of many.

I ask, should we concentrate our efforts in killing our soldiers or work harder to wipe Boko Haram away?

Has the issues that led to their revolt been addressed, and has the GOC been investigated? In all, these soldiers need to be pardoned.

I call on the president and civil/Right groups to protest untill this judgement is reversed.

Join this clamour if u agree with me..it could be anyone.

Free our soldiers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread To Save The 12 Soldiers Sentenced To Death For Mutiny by bigtt76(f): 10:15pm On Sep 16, 2014
They won't do natin ...nor fraid grin
Re: Thread To Save The 12 Soldiers Sentenced To Death For Mutiny by publicenemy(m): 10:18pm On Sep 16, 2014
They are soldiers and they mutinied.Mutiny is treason, regardless.

1 Like

Re: Thread To Save The 12 Soldiers Sentenced To Death For Mutiny by Jnrbayerno(m): 10:29pm On Sep 16, 2014
Seriously this calls for great concern...to me what they did, didn't call for such penalty..
Re: Thread To Save The 12 Soldiers Sentenced To Death For Mutiny by yuncka: 10:40pm On Sep 16, 2014
What they did is bad, its warrants death according to Marshal Law. But I plead on the government to grant pardon while the current rot in the system be properly investigated.
Re: Thread To Save The 12 Soldiers Sentenced To Death For Mutiny by Lurcky(m): 11:22pm On Sep 16, 2014
Lets be realistic here,
Those soldiers signed "death warrant" when they were applying and even obey every order till death as long you are still active in service, so what the soldiers did was very wrong, as soldiers they know that mutiny calls for max punishment (which can be death) and yet they revolted.
in the military the next god after the CREATOR is the commander and those in authority.
its quite unfortunate they got this judgement.
i pity them and hope they get favorable appeal
God bless 9ja
Re: Thread To Save The 12 Soldiers Sentenced To Death For Mutiny by hunter21(m): 11:42pm On Sep 16, 2014
i put my signature to this.
Re: Thread To Save The 12 Soldiers Sentenced To Death For Mutiny by brainpower(m): 5:59am On Sep 17, 2014
Lol, this thread is one of the funniest I have ever read in recent times, I think it should be moved to jokes section. Now I know that a lot of Nigerians are living under an illusion believing what they do in social media actually matter cos they have MB. Pls note that this is not to insult anyone but to state that these soldiers know the penalty for what they did and yet they did it. It is sheer indiscipline and the height of irresponsibilty. Ask yourselves, if you as an ordinary citizen insults an army GOC in front of his subordinates, will you go free? You will hre things like- bloody civilian yet they know what they signed for. Talking abt soldiers starving in my own opinion, for over 30years now our soldiers have been feeding fat and doing nothing except going for peacekeeping and coming back to be paid huge sums of money. They were trained to withstand these kind of suffering incase need be. They slept in forests as part of their training process and at times are not fed three times daily. So they were prepared for it incase of war amd believe it or not, Nigeria is at war. There is a reason why a soldier can't be tried in our normal court, so whatever they do to themselves is how they seem fit afterall I just read that the GOC has been fired. My opinion anyway

3 Likes

Re: Thread To Save The 12 Soldiers Sentenced To Death For Mutiny by Amanwulu1(m): 6:13am On Sep 17, 2014
abeg gej step in n do d needful. We've lost so much ppl.

1 Like

Re: Thread To Save The 12 Soldiers Sentenced To Death For Mutiny by sinceden2: 7:05am On Sep 17, 2014
They do not deserve death, they should be freed
Re: Thread To Save The 12 Soldiers Sentenced To Death For Mutiny by uchedydy: 8:19am On Sep 17, 2014
brainpower: Lol, this thread is one of the funniest I have ever read in recent times, I think it should be moved to jokes section. Now I know that a lot of Nigerians are living under an illusion believing what they do in social media actually matter cos they have MB. Pls note that this is not to insult anyone but to state that these soldiers know the penalty for what they did and yet they did it. It is sheer indiscipline and the height of irresponsibilty. Ask yourselves, if you as an ordinary citizen insults an army GOC in front of his subordinates, will you go free? You will hre things like- bloody civilian yet they know what they signed for. Talking abt soldiers starving in my own opinion, for over 30years now our soldiers have been feeding fat and doing nothing except going for peacekeeping and coming back to be paid huge sums of money. They were trained to withstand these kind of suffering incase need be. They slept in forests as part of their training process and at times are not fed three times daily. So they were prepared for it incase of war amd believe it or not, Nigeria is at war. There is a reason why a soldier can't be tried in our normal court, so whatever they do to themselves is how they seem fit afterall I just read that the GOC has been fired. My opinion anyway

I see you are so vast with the law, do you also know that killing is not murder in some case but manslaughter, considering the circumstance, but in it all someone's life is cut short, but the penalties are way different. That tells u that you dont judge things in isolation. What would have caused their rebellion, has been been attended to, and many more issues therein.

Again talking about sighing death warrant, did they also sign that their bosses should 'sabotage' their efforts while they fight and die in battle. If death is so sweet, why not go and sign in, or have u not heard of clemency before.

Well meaning nigerians like femi Falana(san) has joined the call for clemency too and u say its a joke. Maybe its because you have MegaByte that you criticize without facts and figure.

I submit that you google the facts instead of looking at it from the hate and myopic prism.
Re: Thread To Save The 12 Soldiers Sentenced To Death For Mutiny by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 17, 2014
u got my endorsement.
#free the soldiers

1 Like

Re: Thread To Save The 12 Soldiers Sentenced To Death For Mutiny by omoharry(f): 10:19am On Sep 17, 2014
Please the soldiers should not be killed but given life sentence. they should also investigate what led to their rebellion not all this "The army has retired the GOC my ass". let him be investigated and tried appropriately to serve as a deterrent to other greedy and selfish top officers.

1 Like

Re: Thread To Save The 12 Soldiers Sentenced To Death For Mutiny by ebucha: 11:42am On Sep 17, 2014
Leaking of vital military information and strategies to curb terrorism to bokoharam by corrupt top military hierarchy and the GOC in question is treason because it threatens the sovereignty of nigeria. These twelve soldiers aka maiduguri-12 were not only fighting BH but had the gallantry to fight treason. They nation must see these maiduguri12 as true soldiers determined to fight terror at all level. It is absurd, illogical and irrational to condemn 12 gallant soldiers for mutiny while corrupt senior military officers who commit treason with greater inimical effects go scot-free. FREE OUR SOLDIERS #team-free-maiduguri-12.

NB. You will agree with me that the DHQ earlier denied any mutiny. The question is why try them for what never happened.
Re: Thread To Save The 12 Soldiers Sentenced To Death For Mutiny by bamosagie(m): 3:38pm On Sep 17, 2014
#dontkillourdirtydozen.
Re: Thread To Save The 12 Soldiers Sentenced To Death For Mutiny by Iamoilprince(m): 3:43pm On Sep 17, 2014
#SaveOur12Soldiers! Let's use that hashtag abeg
Re: Thread To Save The 12 Soldiers Sentenced To Death For Mutiny by polz(m): 3:51pm On Sep 17, 2014
Jnrbayerno: Seriously this calls for great concern...to me what they did, didn't call for such penalty..
So wt do u suggest?

A freekick?? undecided
Re: Thread To Save The 12 Soldiers Sentenced To Death For Mutiny by Trailii: 3:55pm On Sep 17, 2014
My hands up!!! Pls forgive our soldiers. #freeourgallantsoldiers
Re: Thread To Save The 12 Soldiers Sentenced To Death For Mutiny by brainpower(m): 4:28pm On Sep 17, 2014
uchedydy:

I see you are so vast with the law, do you also know that killing is not murder in some case but manslaughter, considering the circumstance, but in it all someone's life is cut short, but the penalties are way different. That tells u that you dont judge things in isolation. What would have caused their rebellion, has been been attended to, and many more issues therein.

Again talking about sighing death warrant, did they also sign that their bosses should 'sabotage' their efforts while they fight and die in battle. If death is so sweet, why not go and sign in, or have u not heard of clemency before.

Well meaning nigerians like femi Falana(san) has joined the call for clemency too and u say its a joke. Maybe its because you have MegaByte that you criticize without facts and figure.

I submit that you google the facts instead of looking at it from the hate and myopic prism.

I get your point my brother. But Femi Falana cannot always be right but that's not where I am coming from. My point is I think nothing is going to happen, though they may be pardoned but the judgment isn't wrong to my own view anyway and I don't also think that starting another social media thread with a hashtag can do anything. If it hasnt brought back to girls then what will this do? And who knows, the wrong people might hijack it and turn it into a political problem. Anyway sorry if you were offeneded.
Re: Thread To Save The 12 Soldiers Sentenced To Death For Mutiny by davo3286: 4:35pm On Sep 17, 2014
It's quite unfortunate that the 12 soldiers have found themselves in that condition. Mutiny is weighty offense in the military worldwide. Even a mere thought of it constitutes a crime and punishable by death. In the military you dare not disobey any order by your superior officer...it amount to insubordination and an act of contempt. They can be granted state pardon. Let us just hope that the COAS doesn't endorse it. Even if he does the president has the final say. I strongly believe they will get state pardon. At worst they will get premature retirement which to me is subtle punishment or if they are super lucky they might get reinstated. I wish them big luck.
Re: Thread To Save The 12 Soldiers Sentenced To Death For Mutiny by Jnrbayerno(m): 8:06pm On Sep 17, 2014
polz:
So wt do u suggest?

A freekick?? undecided
For goodness sake dis guys are human and they've got family...the GOC actually deserved what dey did to him....he caused the death of their captain and odas so out of annoyance dey did what dey did
Re: Thread To Save The 12 Soldiers Sentenced To Death For Mutiny by polz(m): 8:16pm On Sep 17, 2014
Jnrbayerno:
For goodness sake dis guys are human and they've got family...the GOC actually deserved what dey did to him....he caused the death of their captain and odas so out of annoyance dey did what dey did
Diz is nigeria bruv...

Only certain ppl ar treated fairly
Re: Thread To Save The 12 Soldiers Sentenced To Death For Mutiny by egopersonified(f): 8:38pm On Sep 17, 2014
Cant help thinking these soldiers are not afraid of death and secondly, if given their freedom, what stops them from joining the boko boys, when you can clearly see that the country you were once ready to give your life for is ready to slaughter you like chickens

(1) (Reply)

ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE? Ebola Patients ‘rise from The Dead’, Cause Panic In Village / One Killed, Many Injured As another Building Collapses in Anambra / 2015 Elections :obasanjo’s Stepdaughter Joins Lagos Governorship Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.