Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

Protestanisms Greatest Heresy. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Protestanisms Greatest Heresy. (1693 Views)

HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. / CONSEQUENCES of the ONCE Saved/always Saved" Heresy or OSAS / Pastor John Hagee - Cornerstone Church Ministry, Heresy, Divorce & Dirty Deeds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protestanisms Greatest Heresy. by shdemidemi(m): 3:00pm On Sep 30, 2014
Syncan:

The one who was overshadowed by the Holy Spirit. Do you object?

Do we then turn every word or statement of anyone in scriptures to a doctrine to be taught?
Re: Protestanisms Greatest Heresy. by Ukutsgp(m): 3:14pm On Sep 30, 2014
Syncan:

If your sight hadn't been covered with scales of lies, you would have noticed there was no blessed in my post.
is your reply nt pointing to mary? read ubeneditus last post.
Re: Protestanisms Greatest Heresy. by Syncan(m): 4:12pm On Sep 30, 2014
shdemidemi:

Do we then turn every word or statement of anyone in scriptures to a doctrine to be taught?

So the one who was overshadowed by the Holy Spirit is now everyone?

What can I say to the one who is quarreling with the Holy spirit? For HE had said thus:

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" 2 Tim 3:16
Re: Protestanisms Greatest Heresy. by Syncan(m): 4:18pm On Sep 30, 2014
Ukutsgp: is your reply nt pointing to mary? read ubeneditus last post.

If my reply pointed to Mary, was it wrong? Or what other answer do you have for that question which I answered.

Why are you so Maryphobic? You seem to need help bro, Lets start from here.

Now answer this question: Who gave birth to Jesus Christ?
Re: Protestanisms Greatest Heresy. by shdemidemi(m): 4:22pm On Sep 30, 2014
Syncan:

So the one who was overshadowed by the Holy Spirit is now everyone?

What can I say to the one who is quarreling with the Holy spirit? For HE had said thus:

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" 2 Tim 3:16

Even when Job was swearing, even Peter that brought up the idea of walking away after Jesus was arrested, even Paul that delivered a man to devil, even the curses in books like Isaiah et al.. Are these all doctrines we should pick up as well?
Re: Protestanisms Greatest Heresy. by Syncan(m): 4:48pm On Sep 30, 2014
shdemidemi:

Even when Job was swearing, even Peter that brought up the idea of walking away after Jesus was arrested, even Paul that delivered a man to devil, even the curses in books like Isaiah et al.. Are these all doctrines we should pick up as well?

Thus said the Lord:

"Today you've listened to His voice, harden not your heart...".Heb 3:15
Re: Protestanisms Greatest Heresy. by shdemidemi(m): 4:59pm On Sep 30, 2014
Syncan:

Thus said the Lord:

"Today you've listened to His voice, harden not your heart...".Heb 3:15

You people and your evasive ways... simple question, you are quoting what you barely understand.
Re: Protestanisms Greatest Heresy. by Ubenedictus(m): 6:00pm On Sep 30, 2014
shdemidemi:

so mary overshadowed by the holy spirit is equal to Job swearing?
Re: Protestanisms Greatest Heresy. by shdemidemi(m): 7:08pm On Sep 30, 2014
Ubenedictus: so mary overshadowed by the holy spirit is equal to Job swearing?

I didn't mention just Job there..I mentioned others that spoke by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
Re: Protestanisms Greatest Heresy. by Ubenedictus(m): 5:55pm On May 19, 2016
shdemidemi:

I didn't mention just Job there..I mentioned others that spoke by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
WHAT happened to the post?
Re: Protestanisms Greatest Heresy. by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 31, 2019
Ubenedictus:
This Friday, 15 August, the calendars of Lutherans, Anglicans, and perhaps some other liturgically minded Protestants calls for the celebration of ‘St. Mary – Mother of our Lord’. On this
same day, Roman Catholics will
celebrate the ‘Assumption of the
Blessed Virgin Mary’ and the Orthodox the ‘Dormition of the Theotokos’.

Unfortunately, this feast does not fall on a Sunday, which means most Protestants will hear nothing of it this year. They will not meditate on the readings, the hymns, or the propers assigned for this day. I highly doubt many Lutheran parishes will even reference it in the Prayers of the
Church on Sunday morning. And this is sad. For those who believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, it’s tragic, as venerating Mary does nothing but point people to her Son.

Yet it’s hardly surprising. In fact, I
think it’s emblematic of Protestantism’s greatest heresy –
ignoring the role that the Blessed
Virgin Mary plays in our faith.
I know this is a strong statement. It’s a stinging indictment of the movement to which I belong and a church body of which I am a pastor. But as much as I wish it weren’t true, I’m afraid it is.

We Protestants say we hold the
Blessed Mother in high esteem. Our calendars even have a few days set aside during the year to honor her.
But this is nothing short of window dressing, as the Blessed Virgin Mary has little to do with the faith we confess. And this must change. We Protestants have to do better. To ignore the Blessed Virgin is to ignore her Son, something no follower of the Christ should ever desire to do.

For starters, I’ve always found it ironic that we who proclaim ‘Sola Scriptura’ seem to ignore the Scriptures when Mary tells us in her Magnificat: “from now on all generations will call me blessed.” But we do – that is, we Protestants almost always ignore this commendation, thereby betraying our own hermeneutic.

Rather, we lump her together with the other saints of the New Testament.
But the Blessed Mother is nothing of the sort. She is no ordinary saint. She is the saint of saints. She is the Theotokos – the Mother of God, a title given her at the Council of Ephesus in 431 and echoed in the Lutheran Book
of Concord. The Blessed Mother is the example that all Christians should emulate. Her “Yes” to the angel Gabriel is an act of faith that sets the standard for all of the Church to follow. And yet when was the last time you heard a sermon, sat through a Bible Class, or read a Protestant theologian
commend the Blessed Virgin Mary as such?
Protestants are quick to criticize Rome for declaring as dogma of the Church the Immaculate Conception in 1854 and the Bodily Assumption in 1950.
“These things are nowhere in the
Scriptures!” Protestants lament. I say, who cares? Is it that offensive to suggest that the God-Bearer was wiped clean of original sin in a single act of grace by the One whom she would bring into the world? Does is not make sense that the New Eve would be a spotless ark for her Son, the Messiah? The Immaculate Conception isn’t about Mary, it’s about Jesus, and to speak of His Mother as sinless (as Luther and other Reformers did) is a most salutary thing to do, especially considering that she remained a virgin throughout her earthly life (a universally accepted belief even among the most radical of Protestant reformers and a teaching taught in the Lutheran Confessions).
And her Bodily Assumption? I guess the examples of Enoch and Elijah mean nothing? Again, what is so theologically offensive about this teaching that is deeply rooted in the Church’s tradition? Do we Lutherans, as the Apology of the Augsburg Confessions teaches, no longer believe that this woman prays for the Church?

[b]To ignore the Blessed Virgin Mary
makes no sense. Without her our
Christology is shot. Without her our hermeneutics are insignificant.
Without her our understanding of sin and grace is incomplete. Without her we cannot call ourselves part of the Body of Christ. This woman is our Mother, commended to the Church by our Lord Himself. And to ignore her is something no Christian should ever do.
[/b]Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus
tecum!
The source of the write up ?
Re: Protestanisms Greatest Heresy. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 31, 2019
Ubenedictus:
This Friday, 15 August, the calendars of Lutherans, Anglicans, and perhaps some other liturgically minded Protestants calls for the celebration of ‘St. Mary – Mother of our Lord’. On this
same day, Roman Catholics will
celebrate the ‘Assumption of the
Blessed Virgin Mary’ and the Orthodox the ‘Dormition of the Theotokos’.

Unfortunately, this feast does not fall on a Sunday, which means most Protestants will hear nothing of it this year. They will not meditate on the readings, the hymns, or the propers assigned for this day. I highly doubt many Lutheran parishes will even reference it in the Prayers of the
Church on Sunday morning. And this is sad. For those who believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, it’s tragic, as venerating Mary does nothing but point people to her Son.

Yet it’s hardly surprising. In fact, I
think it’s emblematic of Protestantism’s greatest heresy –
ignoring the role that the Blessed
Virgin Mary plays in our faith.
I know this is a strong statement. It’s a stinging indictment of the movement to which I belong and a church body of which I am a pastor. But as much as I wish it weren’t true, I’m afraid it is.

We Protestants say we hold the
Blessed Mother in high esteem. Our calendars even have a few days set aside during the year to honor her.
But this is nothing short of window dressing, as the Blessed Virgin Mary has little to do with the faith we confess. And this must change. We Protestants have to do better. To ignore the Blessed Virgin is to ignore her Son, something no follower of the Christ should ever desire to do.

For starters, I’ve always found it ironic that we who proclaim ‘Sola Scriptura’ seem to ignore the Scriptures when Mary tells us in her Magnificat: “from now on all generations will call me blessed.” But we do – that is, we Protestants almost always ignore this commendation, thereby betraying our own hermeneutic.

Rather, we lump her together with the other saints of the New Testament.
But the Blessed Mother is nothing of the sort. She is no ordinary saint. She is the saint of saints. She is the Theotokos – the Mother of God, a title given her at the Council of Ephesus in 431 and echoed in the Lutheran Book
of Concord. The Blessed Mother is the example that all Christians should emulate. Her “Yes” to the angel Gabriel is an act of faith that sets the standard for all of the Church to follow. And yet when was the last time you heard a sermon, sat through a Bible Class, or read a Protestant theologian
commend the Blessed Virgin Mary as such?
Protestants are quick to criticize Rome for declaring as dogma of the Church the Immaculate Conception in 1854 and the Bodily Assumption in 1950.
“These things are nowhere in the
Scriptures!” Protestants lament. I say, who cares? Is it that offensive to suggest that the God-Bearer was wiped clean of original sin in a single act of grace by the One whom she would bring into the world? Does is not make sense that the New Eve would be a spotless ark for her Son, the Messiah? The Immaculate Conception isn’t about Mary, it’s about Jesus, and to speak of His Mother as sinless (as Luther and other Reformers did) is a most salutary thing to do, especially considering that she remained a virgin throughout her earthly life (a universally accepted belief even among the most radical of Protestant reformers and a teaching taught in the Lutheran Confessions).
And her Bodily Assumption? I guess the examples of Enoch and Elijah mean nothing? Again, what is so theologically offensive about this teaching that is deeply rooted in the Church’s tradition? Do we Lutherans, as the Apology of the Augsburg Confessions teaches, no longer believe that this woman prays for the Church?

To ignore the Blessed Virgin Mary
makes no sense. Without her our
Christology is shot. Without her our hermeneutics are insignificant.
Without her our understanding of sin and grace is incomplete. Without her we cannot call ourselves part of the Body of Christ. This woman is our Mother, commended to the Church by our Lord Himself. And to ignore her is something no Christian should ever do.
Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus
tecum!
OK ,I have seen the source...
But I tell you these, no protestant will ever put down that article ,and he/she is a pastor ?
Questionable !
Re: Protestanisms Greatest Heresy. by Ubenedictus(m): 3:38pm On Jan 12, 2021
GLYCOLYSISS:

OK ,I have seen the source...
But I tell you these, no protestant will ever put down that article ,and he/she is a pastor ?
Questionable !
well a protestant did and a pastor at that.
Re: Protestanisms Greatest Heresy. by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:40pm On Jan 12, 2021
Wetin Musa no go see for gate?
Catholic sef wan join talk for Nairaland, oya over to you guys come and chat with your Catholic brethren! cheesy
Re: Protestanisms Greatest Heresy. by Ubenedictus(m): 6:04pm On Jan 12, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Wetin Musa no go see for gate?
Catholic sef wan join talk for Nairaland, oya over to you guys come and chat with your Catholic brethren! cheesy

abeg na only muslim or only protestant suppose dey talk for nairaland?
Re: Protestanisms Greatest Heresy. by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:09pm On Jan 12, 2021
Abeg begin dey yan jare!
Wetin they wan tok against our Church? No be we (Catholics) be the first Church? No be Peter be the first Pope?
Abeg make we sef yan jare! cheesy

Ubenedictus:

abeg na only muslim or only protestant suppose dey talk for nairaland?
Re: Protestanisms Greatest Heresy. by Fiscus105(m): 6:27pm On Jan 12, 2021
Stick to your belief and leave them to wander in their ignorance.
Protestants accepting or rejecting of The blessed Mother Mary cannot change what She is in the eyes of God, it cannot reduce her fame neither can it denounce her from being the Queen of heaven.
I wonder what will happen on the last day when Jesus before all creatures will call himself the Son of the Father and Son of Mary.
Just pray for them.

Even when you asked God to i interceed for u through marry

Jesus is alpha and omega our faith! May God deliver you from ignorance and gaulibility of what my pastors told me, read Bible and interpret urself

(1) (2) (Reply)

Catholic Priest Convert To Islam / Tricks Used By Fake Pastors To Deceive Gullible Christians / Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.