Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,246 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Catholic Priest Convert To Islam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Priest Convert To Islam (1694 Views)

136 Christians Convert To Islam In Kwara State / Catholic Priest Slumps And Dies In Anambra During Church Service / Did Pope Benedict Convert To Islam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Priest Convert To Islam by bakandow11: 12:20am On Oct 12, 2014
The 87-year old priest from Spain has lived and preached on the island for more then 43 years and is fluent in Javanese and various dialects of the different ethnic groups of the island and is a well known and respected figure amongst all religious groups of the area.

The man who has suffered a cardiac arrest while helping local volunteers to fix the roof of his own church and fell an incredible two stories high has managed to survive and come out of his coma, in brittle shape, yet a changed man.

“I know nothing of Islam. Never once have I read the Quran but God spoke to me and asked me to follow him to the heavens and the Holy light shone through my entire being and behold the golden gates of heaven appeared before me and God told me his name and it was Allah” told the newly convert to a journalist of the Kalimantan Press.

The man who miraculously suffers no spinal injury should be able to walk soon, admits the physician who took care of him at South Jakarta’s Metropolitan Medical Centre. “This must be the strongest 80-year old I have ever seen. His bones should be smashed to pieces” ponders Jim Won May, who has practiced medecine for over twenty years.

His conversion to Islam took most of his church followers by surprise, but interestingly enough, already half of his christian followers have showed interest in converting to Islam. “If Allah is the true God, I don’t want to be misled in the wrong direction on judgement day. I trust Father Eduardo. We all believe in him” explains one of his followers.

The priest who is still under medical attention has already ordered the construction of a new mosque and his followers are already hard at work to find the funds necessary for the task. “We owe it to Father Eduardo for all he has done for us” comments one of the devotees of the old catholic church, that is now for sale.
Re: Catholic Priest Convert To Islam by marquiseT(f): 12:31am On Oct 12, 2014
Alhamdulilahi
Re: Catholic Priest Convert To Islam by davien(m): 12:41am On Oct 12, 2014
asalimpo......and image123 can you see why these accounts serve as 0 proof to anyone but a particular individuals' taste of already chosen religion? undecided ……

does this claim make you want to convert to islam?...or would you require more than someone's traumatized oxygen deprived delusion..? then you should understand why your claims also don't convince me.... cheesy

CHRISTIAN CONVERTS TO MUSLIM AFTER NDE
MUSLIM CONVERT TO CHRISTIAN
CHRISTIAN TO HINDU
HINDU TO CHRISTIAN
PAGAN TO CHRISTIAN
CHRISTIAN TO ATHEIST AFTER NDE
ATHEIST TO MUSLIM
MUSLIM TO ATHEIST
CHRISTIAN TO CHRISTIAN cheesy
ATHEIST TO ATHEIST
MORMON TO ATHEIST
ATHEIST TO JEHOVAHS WITNESS
JEHOVAHS WITNESS TO ATHEIST

what do you think is causing all these shifting convertions.....are all the "gods" real cheesy

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest Convert To Islam by naughtylagosguy(m): 1:18am On Oct 12, 2014
OP where is your source?
Re: Catholic Priest Convert To Islam by EvilBrain1(m): 1:40am On Oct 12, 2014
There is no source so this story probably came out of OP's ynash, yet there are still serious problem with it.

An 87 year old man suffered high energy trauma and lost consciousness meaning he's suffered a traumatic brain injury. Then he wakes up and starts espousing a religion he knows nothing about and your first response if "alhamdulilahi"? If it was your father or your uncle, shey you wouldn't immediately demand for a brain CT or MRI scan to find out what problem has caused such a sudden change in character before it causes him to slip back into unconsciousness and die?

And what does it say about Islam that it takes brain damage to convince someone to convert to it?
Re: Catholic Priest Convert To Islam by wellmax(m): 2:07am On Oct 12, 2014
Story for the gods.
Tell me another.
Beth come when anyone converts to Islam its always like a hot news. I pity such people though. If this story is true (of course we know its not) then the priest has never been a christian in the first place.
Re: Catholic Priest Convert To Islam by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 12, 2014
This is the OP's source, a satire website
undecided
http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/catholic-priest-wakes-up-from-coma-after-17-months-converts-to-islam/

DISCLAIMER
World News Daily Report is a news and political satire web publication, which may or may not use real names, often in semi-real or mostly fictitious ways. All news articles contained within worldnewsdailyreport.com are fiction, and
presumably fake news.
Any resemblance to the truth is purely coincidental, except for all references to politicians and/or celebrities, in which case they are based on real people, but still based almost entirely in fiction.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest Convert To Islam by solgee(m): 7:15am On Oct 12, 2014
Tell it to the bulls
Re: Catholic Priest Convert To Islam by harrwix(m): 7:16am On Oct 12, 2014
the father is probably suffering from concussion....needs proper medical attention to bring him to his right senses
Re: Catholic Priest Convert To Islam by larrymoore(m): 7:55am On Oct 12, 2014
Interesting development!
Re: Catholic Priest Convert To Islam by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 12, 2014
1 John 5:20 (New Living Translation)
And we know that the Son of God has come,
and he has given us understanding so that
we can know the true God. And now we live
in fellowship with the true God because we
live in fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ.
He is the only true God, and he is eternal
life
. for. me the bolded settles it, at my age I can't be
deceived. If the priest like make he bring selfie
wey he snap with 'all*h', it doesn't change a
thing.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest Convert To Islam by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 12, 2014
i'd bet my October salary that this thread would
be rushed to front page in the blink of an eye,
even before it gets past page 0
Re: Catholic Priest Convert To Islam by Oduduwaboy(m): 10:06am On Oct 12, 2014
davien:
asalimpo......and image123 can you see why these accounts serve as 0 proof to anyone but a particular individuals' taste of already chosen religion? undecided ……

does this claim make you want to convert to islam?...or would you require more than someone's traumatized oxygen deprived delusion..? then you should understand why your claims also don't convince me.... cheesy

CHRISTIAN TO HINDU
HINDU TO CHRISTIAN
PAGAN TO CHRISTIAN
ATHEIST TO MUSLIM
MUSLIM TO ATHEIST
ATHEIST TO ATHEIST
MORMON TO ATHEIST

what do you think is causing all these shifting convertions.....are all the "gods" real cheesy

The human brain is capable of any heavenly imaginations especially when it is oxygen-deprived!

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest Convert To Islam by davien(m): 10:26am On Oct 12, 2014
Oduduwaboy:

The human brain is capable of any heavenly imaginations especially when it is oxygen-deprived!
Exactly....people even induce this by strangling themsleves (auto er0tic asphyxiation ) just to achieve feelings of ectasy coupled with anaesthetic drugs.... cheesy
Re: Catholic Priest Convert To Islam by Image123(m): 11:27am On Oct 14, 2014
davien:

CHRISTIAN TO HINDU
HINDU TO CHRISTIAN
PAGAN TO CHRISTIAN
ATHEIST TO MUSLIM
MUSLIM TO ATHEIST
ATHEIST TO ATHEIST
MORMON TO ATHEIST

For one, the report is most likely false as the website claims. Two, faith is in Jesus, should be in Jesus foundationally, not in people's experiences.
Re: Catholic Priest Convert To Islam by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 14, 2014
bakandow11:
The 87-year old priest from Spain has lived and preached on the island for more then 43 years and is fluent in Javanese and various dialects of the different ethnic groups of the island and is a well known and respected figure amongst all religious groups of the area.

The man who has suffered a cardiac arrest while helping local volunteers to fix the roof of his own church and fell an incredible two stories high has managed to survive and come out of his coma, in brittle shape, yet a changed man.

“I know nothing of Islam. Never once have I read the Quran but God spoke to me and asked me to follow him to the heavens and the Holy light shone through my entire being and behold the golden gates of heaven appeared before me and God told me his name and it was Allah” told the newly convert to a journalist of the Kalimantan Press.

The man who miraculously suffers no spinal injury should be able to walk soon, admits the physician who took care of him at South Jakarta’s Metropolitan Medical Centre. “This must be the strongest 80-year old I have ever seen. His bones should be smashed to pieces” ponders Jim Won May, who has practiced medecine for over twenty years.

His conversion to Islam took most of his church followers by surprise, but interestingly enough, already half of his christian followers have showed interest in converting to Islam. “If Allah is the true God, I don’t want to be misled in the wrong direction on judgement day. I trust Father Eduardo. We all believe in him” explains one of his followers.

The priest who is still under medical attention has already ordered the construction of a new mosque and his followers are already hard at work to find the funds necessary for the task. “We owe it to Father Eduardo for all he has done for us” comments one of the devotees of the old catholic church, that is now for sale.

The story is fake. Those who published it has already apologise for the error
http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/10/12/Newspaper-apologises-conversion-story/
http://www.themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/article/utusan-forced-to-say-sorry-after-running-fake-story-of-catholic-priests-con

Utusan apologises over fake Catholic priest conversion story
by dina murad

PETALING JAYA: Utusan Malaysia has posted a public apology on its website over a fake story about a Catholic priest who converted to Islam after waking from a coma.

“A report taken from the World News Daily Report regarding a catholic priest from Spain, Eduardo Vincenzo Maria Gomez, 87, converting to Islam after 17 months in a coma is untrue. Utusan apologises for any inconvenience and confusion following the publication of news emanating from the site,” the daily posted on its website, Sunday.

Utusan ran a story earlier Sunday, based on a report in English language satire website World News Daily Report, of a Spanish priest residing in Java, Indonesia, who had converted to Islam after “speaking with Allah and having been shown the beauty of heaven”.

The priest, said to be suffering from heart disease, had apparently slipped into a coma after falling from the second story of his church. However, he had miraculously survived without having broken any bones.

The report was taken down from Utusan Online’s website following public criticism on social media.

(1) (Reply)

What Does It Mean When The Bible Says God Gave His Only Son / Could Fornication Not Be A Sin? / Before Islam Medina Was Originally A Jewish City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.