Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,749 members, 7,955,859 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:14 PM

Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer (11788 Views)

Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos / “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant / Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by Mchugh(m): 1:59am On Sep 17, 2014
Nairaland family,
I am currently researching on the syntax of emoticons in sentences...PLEASE...click on the link below and comment.... PLEASE.. cry cry cry cry
Thank you very much.......very very....much.

https://www.nairaland.com/1904566/research-use-emoticons-emoji...please-step
Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by sunnedee: 1:59am On Sep 17, 2014
hunter21: The fact that she is an opthamologist doesn't mean she couldn't have made research into other fields in medicine,
isaac newton was an alchemist but he built the foundations of physics.

You 've said it all.... Some people and their narrow way of thinking ..... No be here... undecided undecided

About the ewedu claim: I could remember the woman said ewedu is not a cure but that it boosts the body immunity thereby helping the body to fight off the infection...

About NAFDAC: instead of debunking all claims of treatment as false .. Why not ask for proof first? Is it only the western world that can produce cure for the infection?

Why is that all claims of treatment are either labeled as false (like the one they called insecticide) or the professionals being threatened without even testing or verifying their claims?

Is there something behind all these accusations and denials?

Make NAFDAC and all of them empty barrels go siddon somewhere jare... They should go and threaten sachet water and bakery owners as usual.....

Rubbish.... Nansense!!!

8 Likes

Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:09am On Sep 17, 2014
adepiero: Maurice iwu should also be prosecuted for misleading the public about garnicia kola (bitter kola) pose a cure for Ebola.
From my understanding, Prof. Maurice Iwu discovered that the virus dies in a test tube when Bitter Kola extracts are exposed to it. He asked for further testing by capable hands. I do not see that as a crime.

What I see as a crime is the fact that a lot of professionals do not get the support from the government to carry out researches that would propel this country globally.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by MsNas(f): 2:12am On Sep 17, 2014
smiley
Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:16am On Sep 17, 2014
[b]We are still waiting for NAFDAC to give us their report on the Nigerian research firm that submitted their Ebola experimental drug sample.

Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG

A pharmaceutical research centre in Abuja, Ben Amodu Firms and Research Center, Saturday said it has submitted drug samples to the Federal Government that have the efficacy to tackle Ebola virus.

The Chairman of the Centre, Pharmacist Ben Amodu, said the centre had produced drugs for the treatment of haemorrhagic fevers, which could also be used for Ebola virus.

He said the drugs have been submitted to the committee set up by the minister of health recently on Ebola adding that

“We gave the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) and World Health Organization (WHO) samples of the drugs but the WHO later phoned and said they were not supposed to verify Ebola drugs. I gave samples to the committee set by the Minister of Health on Ebola virus and I hope that due process will be followed in
https://www.nairaland.com/1861795/ebola-nigerian-research-firm-submits[/b]
Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by sunnedee: 2:16am On Sep 17, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: From my understanding, Prof. Maurice Iwu discovered that the virus dies in a test tube when Bitter Kola extracts are exposed to it. He asked for further testing by capable hands. I do not see that as a crime.

What I see as a crime is the fact that a lot of professionals do not get the support from the government to carry out researches that would propel this country globally.

Help me tell them....
Hian? undecided Wetin self... This country sha....

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by Nobody: 2:17am On Sep 17, 2014
No one wants to verify if Ewedu or Anihonro can cure Ebola truly but we are ready to jail someone that made the attempt to tell us that our natural herb can boost immunity to fight ebola, which means its an indirect cure.

If black race can hate themselves, which race should respect her ? NONE!

4 Likes

Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by sunnedee: 2:25am On Sep 17, 2014
Billyonaire: No one wants to verify if Ewedu or Anihonro can cure Ebola truly but we are ready to jail someone that made the attempt to tell us that our natural herb can boost immunity to fight ebola, which means its an indirect cure.

If black race can hate themselves, which race should respect her ? NONE!

I tire my brother... Its just like saying nothing good can come out of .... (You know where)

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:28am On Sep 17, 2014
[b]An excerpt from Prof. Ositelu (Ewedu Lady)

Has it been tested and confirmed with any Ebola patient?

I don't have Ebola and I don't pray you have it; so who do you want me to test it with? They are doing experimental thing abroad and they are using it. It's only here that we want to prove and make things difficult for ourselves. We know that skeptics would postulate and analyse, but the wisdom of God surpasses that of men and He as the creator of all things know what is good for men.
https://www.nairaland.com/1898687/luth-consultant-says-ewedu-cure

From this, it is clear she is not saying it is a definite cure but strongly believes in it.

What NAFDAC should do is to give her and the others the opportunity to carry out tests. If the British, Canadians, Americans (With the help of Canadians), the Chinese, the Japanese can all discover the drugs that cure Ebola. I believe our health professionals can if given the opportunity.

Note to a Nigerian, it would be seen as a divine intervention. To an American, he would call it a FLASH OF GENIUS. Only tests and researches can confirm. If they are wrong or right. They should not be punished for thinking of a solution.[/b]
Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by Nobody: 2:30am On Sep 17, 2014
sunnedee:
I tire my brother... Its just like saying nothing good can come out of .... (You know where)
Nature provides solution to every problems and any region that has health issue, has cure in there. I understand this truly, but we hate ourselves enough to believe only the white man's science can provide cure to local illnesses like Ebola. How has the mighty Egypt fallen.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:32am On Sep 17, 2014
Billyonaire: Nature provides solution to every problems and any region that has health issue, has cure in there. I understand this truly, but we hate ourselves enough to believe only the white man's science can provide cure to local illnesses like Ebola. How has the mighty Egypt fallen.
We stopped believing ourselves.
Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by sunnedee: 2:33am On Sep 17, 2014
Billyonaire: Nature provides solution to every problems and any region that has health issue, has cure in there. I understand this truly, but we hate ourselves enough to believe only the white man's science can provide cure to local illnesses like Ebola. How has the mighty Egypt fallen.

In fact... They should go ahead... I trust professors...
Won ma ba won lako bi ibon....
Those crazy assholes.... Like government... Like NAFDAC... no bearing.... Just like a rudderless ship...
Why can't we for once.... For God's sake... Just once... Try and do something the right way?
Somebody said "This thing may cure a certain disease" why not test his/her claims before talking through the anus?

Why expect the oyibo's to come and do everything for us?
And for all those half baked graduates and students that are spewing thrash here... I dont blame you... Y'all are products of the fucking system ... (I wrote fu.c.k.ing... Not bleeping... Godda..mnit)

In fact... Am off to bed... Nansense!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by firefox4th(m): 3:02am On Sep 17, 2014
I am black and blessed .Why despising nature for manmade -oyibo effort ?If
you want a humble and simple cure, its in Nature jaundice appendicitis
malaria and all viral diseases have cure.
Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by kobonaire(m): 3:15am On Sep 17, 2014
hunter21: The fact that she is an opthamologist doesn't mean she couldn't have made research into other fields in medicine,
isaac newton was an alchemist but he built the foundations of physics.
Sir Isaac Newtonwas an English physicist and mathematician
Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by Nobody: 3:22am On Sep 17, 2014
Right from the onset, I questioned the claim .
Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by purplish(f): 3:34am On Sep 17, 2014
This is the reason most Nigerians prefer to die with their discoveries or export their research to places in the world where it would be more appreciated...Prosecute O ga!

1 Like

Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by Memyselfu2009(m): 3:42am On Sep 17, 2014
our forefathers live.long.mostly they depend.on.leafs when
they were sick there was nothing like.drugs its time we research our forest to know the.various plant we have and.what help benefit. we can get from.it u never can tell d cure to some of these sickness lies somewhere right in d forest beging and patiently waiting for someone to explore and discover it how useful a particular plant is
Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by Nobody: 4:08am On Sep 17, 2014
imperiouxx: Ewedu cure ko, okra cure ni.

Only in Nigeria you'll see many nonsense(s) cheesy
grin NigerianDoctors for you !! Imagine US is talking ZMAPP and here a Professor is talking Ewedu !
Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by DesChyko: 4:16am On Sep 17, 2014
I'm more interested in the grounds on which she will be prosecuted.
All in all, this seems like much ado about nothing.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by Donfamous(m): 4:26am On Sep 17, 2014
Ayatullah: DRAG PROFESSOR EWEDU TO NAFDAC!
What a shame to learn that some people are importing fake sanitizers to the country........ and for God sake why has LASU students not drag this Prof. EWEDU to NAFDAC...........Great Nigeria Students wake up to your responsibility. Nigeria needs martial law, so that fake drug sellers and fake Professors could face firing squad.
what as lasu students got to do with Luth professor?

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by Lobolintin(m): 4:35am On Sep 17, 2014
Human and our claims sha...
Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by pheyikemi: 5:04am On Sep 17, 2014
maxani: Does nafdac really have a case against the prof? No "drug" has been manufactured or sold here. Just suggestions on what to eat... But do I know.. I stand to be corrected.
Are you minding them? Even the one who spent the money set aside to cater for ebola victims on cars wasn't prosecuted o.
Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by pheyikemi: 5:09am On Sep 17, 2014
sunnedee:

In fact... They should go ahead... I trust professors...
Won ma ba won lako bi ibon....
Those crazy assholes.... Like government... Like NAFDAC... no bearing.... Just like a rudderless ship...
Why can't we for once.... For God's sake... Just once... Try and do something the right way?
Somebody said "This thing may cure a certain disease" why not test his/her claims before talking through the anus?

Why expect the oyibo's to come and do everything for us?
And for all those half baked graduates and students that are spewing thrash here... I dont blame you... Y'all are products of the fucking system ... (I wrote fu.c.k.ing... Not bleeping... Godda..mnit)

In fact... Am off to bed... Nansense!!!!
My brother, I taya for naija and her peeps o, the way some pple reason here will make u wonder if the schl really passed thru them or they just passed thru schl.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by bunmioguns(m): 5:22am On Sep 17, 2014
adepiero: Maurice iwu should also be prosecuted for misleading the public about garnicia kola (bitter kola) pose a cure for Ebola.

he did not first started it... read this

Bitter Kola also known as Garcinia kola is a
tropical flowering plant found in western and
central Africa and it produces brown, nut-like
seeds. It has been used in African culture for
centuries for both traditional and medicinal
purposes. It contains dimeric flavonoid, lipase
inhibitor which is believed to have many
healing benefits.
Cultural and Traditional Uses
Bitter Kola is a masticatory used in traditional
hospitality, cultural and social Ceremonies such
as naming ceremonies and weddings.
Medicinal Significance
Garcinia kola is used in many tropical countries
to fight infectious diseases such as Aids and
the Ebola virus
. It has shown to posses anti-
inflammatory, antimicrobial and antiviral
properties.
Cold Remedy
Garcinia kola is often used to treat the
symptoms of colds. It is particularly very
effective for coughs, nasal congestions and
help coagulate phlegm. It is also effective in
alleviating sore throat.
Impotence
Garcinia kola, is sometimes believed to cure
impotence. It increases blood flow to the
genital area in men who have hardening of the
arteries.
Knee Osteoarthritis
Garcinia kola has been successfully used to
treat patients suffering from knee osteoarthritis.
It reduced pain and swelling and improved
movement

www.nairaland.com/982593/health-benefits-bitter-kola-very

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by Funjosh(m): 5:44am On Sep 17, 2014
I don't blame the professor, neither do I blame NAFDAC. but just one person I go blame PATRICK SAWYER lipsrsealed
Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by phaphyz05(m): 5:56am On Sep 17, 2014
lolz EVD Ewedu virus detective cure for Ebola Virus Disease.
Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by gratiaeo(m): 5:58am On Sep 17, 2014
Using poison to cure ebola. Smh
Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by armadeo(m): 5:59am On Sep 17, 2014
ModusOperandi: LOL grin grin. The Opthalmologist didn't categorically say Ewedu could cure ebola grin, she only said it could increase one's immunity. But she should have consulted her "Ogas" at the top before making such claims sha.

NAFDAC should try and look into it before prosecuting her

Thank you. My thoughts exactly. She didn't manufacture any drugs or make claims that ewedu cures Ebola. She said it boosts immunity. What case dies nafdac have here. It would be a joke in court.
Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by pretydiva(f): 6:00am On Sep 17, 2014
The Dr never said it cures ebola...he only said it helps 2 boost d immune system
Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by armadeo(m): 6:05am On Sep 17, 2014
donroxy: grin NigerianDoctors for you !! Imagine US is talking ZMAPP and here a Professor is talking Ewedu !

Na wa oh. Have you researched the actual constituent of zmapp. Yiubatr laughing at ewedu. Do you know that many drus began as extracts from plants around us. Check the origin of the chloriquine .

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by personal59: 6:16am On Sep 17, 2014
Khalessi: I actually believed that. grin
From today I won't believe any "news" that make FP without verification.
pls verification in what sense are u saying the prof doesnt mk the claim or what cos i dont understand ur coment may b u should explain better
Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer by aadoiza: 6:18am On Sep 17, 2014
Muumuu NAFDAC and muumuu people. Bad grammar dey affect NAFDAC and Nigerians. Uncorroborated claim for bleh bleh bleh.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pls I Need An Advise On How To Get Cured Of Staphylococus Areus! / Kafura, What Is The Use? / Rivers To Striking Doctors: Return To Work Within 24-Hours Or be dismissed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.