Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,949 members, 7,952,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:45 AM

Mock The Atheist. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mock The Atheist. (6516 Views)

Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? / Silly Modern Africans Who Mock The Ancestral Sango. / Let's Mock The Atheists. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 24, 2014
candy:
Now, this is very funny!
Coming from an atheist. cheesy
Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 24, 2014
Apatheist:
Coming from an atheist. cheesy
Yea, coming from an atheist.
Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 24, 2014
davidylan:

Because unlike macro-evolution... micro-evolution is testable in the lab and there is empirical proof. I dont need blind faith to believe it like you do.

No one blindly believes in the Big Bang theory it's a theory, also creationism doesn't tell how it all began either your stories start at a point after it has already begun.

1 Like

Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 1:56am On Sep 25, 2014
wallflower:

No one blindly believes in the Big Bang theory it's a theory, also creationism doesn't tell how it all began either your stories start at a point after it has already begun.

You're either ignorant or being dishonest. There is no facts behind the theory so ergo you're employing blind faith to believe. Its not rocket science.
Re: Mock The Atheist. by timmy2409(m): 2:09am On Sep 25, 2014
wallflower:

Guy why did you have to shine the Bat-Signal na?!

2 Likes

Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 3:12am On Sep 25, 2014
davidylan:

You're either ignorant or being dishonest. There is no facts behind the theory so ergo you're employing blind faith to believe. Its not rocket science.

It's a THEORY, do you I have to explain what a theory is to you? It means that it's not fact, it's just a possible explanation that can be proven or disproven in the future when actual facts are discovered.
So we don't blindly believe it but acknowledge that it's one possible explanation. You don't need blind faith for that my friend.
Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 5:23am On Sep 25, 2014
wallflower:

It's a THEORY, do you I have to explain what a theory is to you? It means that it's not fact, it's just a possible explanation that can be proven or disproven in the future when actual facts are discovered.
So we don't blindly believe it but acknowledge that it's one possible explanation. You don't need blind faith for that my friend.

Case closed. Then exactly what are we debating about something that you clearly understand is not a fact? On what basis do you then believe in evolution since you know it isnt fact? How else do we define blind faith?
Re: Mock The Atheist. by logicboy01: 6:13am On Sep 25, 2014
davidylan:

Case closed. Then exactly what are we debating about something that you clearly understand is not a fact? On what basis do you then believe in evolution since you know it isnt fact? How else do we define blind faith?

Thanks for derailing this thread with your scientific ignorance.

Scream and shout at evolution all you want, it will not make your imaginary God real

3 Likes

Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 6:53am On Sep 25, 2014
Clink clink.
Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 25, 2014
davidylan:

after 200 years of finding facts of evolution, with the likes of fossil records of lucy and others, you still call it blind faith?
Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 25, 2014
Peterken05:
after 200 years of finding facts of evolution, with the likes of fossil records of lucy and others, you still call it blind faith?

Please ignore him like I did, no matter how much you type he'll never see reason.

2 Likes

Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 2:08am On Sep 26, 2014
Peterken05:

you're utterly confused. Just a few posts ago you said evolution was not fact... now you say that you have "facts" of evolution? Which is it?

lol the stuff you mention above is basically evidence that you have no knowledge outside of what you've heard from others. Fossil records of lucy? Even your fellow atheists here would not be caught dead using "lucy" as evidence for evolution. Perhaps you should get some understanding of what evolution actually is before making noise. The fact that you believe a theory in the absence of any understanding of whatever facts or not that exist to support it... qualifies you as having blind faith.
Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 2:09am On Sep 26, 2014
wallflower:

Please ignore him like I did, no matter how much you type he'll never see reason.

i'm not sure you're ignoring me because i won't see "reason"... whatever that is. I think its because, like peterken, most of you are blind bats with absolutely no understanding of the pseudo-science you spew with headless abandon.
Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 2:09am On Sep 26, 2014
logicboy01:

Thanks for derailing this thread with your scientific ignorance.

Scream and shout at evolution all you want, it will not make your imaginary God real

i simply responded to the feckless, empty-headed comments of your friends here.
Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 26, 2014
davidylan:

you're utterly confused. Just a few posts ago you said evolution was not fact... now you say that you have "facts" of evolution? Which is it?

lol the stuff you mention above is basically evidence that you have no knowledge outside of what you've heard from others. Fossil records of lucy? Even your fellow atheists here would not be caught dead using "lucy" as evidence for evolution. Perhaps you should get some understanding of what evolution actually is before making noise. The fact that you believe a theory in the absence of any understanding of whatever facts or not that exist to support it... qualifies you as having blind faith.

i didnt say evolution was not a fact and i didnt say i have the facts of evolution.

I may not have the full understanding, but a person with a working brain should know that animals are related in some many ways starting from the invisible (genes, genomes) to the visible (physiological characteristics).
And just because we cant find some of the links doesnt mean evolution is false (or blind faith as you said).

Some brainy people have been looking for the facts and evidence for over 200 years. What people like you can do is just call it blind faith
Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 26, 2014
Peterken05:
i didnt say evolution was not a fact and i didnt say i have the facts of evolution.

I may not have the full understanding, but a person with a working brain should know that animals are related in some many ways starting from the invisible (genes, genomes) to the visible (physiological characteristics).
And just because we cant find some of the links doesnt mean evolution is false (or blind faith as you said).

Some brainy people have been looking for the facts and evidence for over 200 years. What people like you can do is just call it blind faith

This is what really bothers me... the utter incoherence of people like you. You admittedly have zero evidence that evolution is true, but you believe it because we should know that animals are related in so many ways? I mean what the heck are you talking about? In what universe is an egg-laying platypus related to humans?

A maize-cob shares at least 48% of its genes with humans, are we also related to a maize plant?
Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 26, 2014
davidylan:

This is what really bothers me... the utter incoherence of people like you. You admittedly have zero evidence that evolution is true, but you believe it because we should know that animals are related in so many ways? I mean what the heck are you talking about? In what universe is an egg-laying platypus related to humans?

A maize-cob shares at least 48% of its genes with humans, are we also related to a maize plant?
you already have the answer, we share 48% of genes with maize cob, what is that?
Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 26, 2014
Peterken05: you are already have the answer, we share 48% of genes with maize cob, what is that?

Your grammar is terrible for a guy who claims to be intelligent enough to debate his professor on genetics. You should start with an english class first.

Secondly, yes we do share 48% of our genes with the maize cob... guess you didnt know that? Too bad, its science fact.

1 Like

Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 26, 2014
davidylan:

Your grammar is terrible for a guy who claims to be intelligent enough to debate his professor on genetics. You should start with an english class first.

Secondly, yes we do share 48% of our genes with the maize cob... guess you didnt know that? Too bad, its science fact.
what grammar are you talking about? I dont know where you find the 'are' because i changed it immediately, plus i have bad eyesight, i must have omit that.

of course i do know that.
Re: Mock The Atheist. by EvilBrain1(m): 2:14pm On Sep 27, 2014
davidylan:

Yes.

All known life on earth came from a common ancestor. Maize plants are our (very, very) distant cousins, that's why we share DNA with them. Life is one great family tree, and we humans are a twig on one of the branches. That some of us lack the humility to accept this doesn't make it any less true.

1 Like

Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 27, 2014
davidylan:
davidylan:

OK its official ur a mule! Unfollowing.

4 Likes

Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 27, 2014
Silkmoth33:

lol
Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 27, 2014
EvilBrain1:

Yes.

All known life on earth came from a common ancestor. Maize plants are our (very, very) distant cousins, that's why we share DNA with them. Life is one great family tree, and we humans are a twig on one of the branches. That some of us lack the humility to accept this doesn't make it any less true.

This is a beautiful statement... but at the end of the day its rife with the same empty rhetoric we are used to. where is the evidence?
Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 27, 2014
Silkmoth33:

and you are important because? grin My friend take a seat pls.
Re: Mock The Atheist. by Graviton2(m): 10:17pm On Sep 27, 2014
Silkmoth33:

Seconded.

For one who claims to have near infinite knowledge, it's rather ironic that he can't identify a joke thread when he sees one.

2 Likes

Re: Mock The Atheist. by Graviton2(m): 10:41pm On Sep 27, 2014
davidylan:

...and pointing out his grammar defects makes you what exactly? Smarter than him?

I have been following this thread for quite some time now, and I must let you know in the most polite terms possible that your incivility is beyond comprehension. I've been noticing your rants on here (Yes, I used that word because no other word would do justice to the garbage you have been spewing on here).

I reserved this response because I figured the title of the thread "Mock the Atheist" sent you mixed signals about what the thread was actually about, but after someone repeatedly told you it was a gag thread and you persisted with your jackassry I must say that I began having trouble understanding whether you were just too stupid to comprehend what a "joke" meant or you were indeed just another attention seeking individual (once again, I mean this very politely).

I'm still uncertain about which of the above categories you fall into but nonetheless, I will spell out my obvious intention if you are still having trouble getting it so far - S.T.O.P. B.E.I.N.G. A.N. A.S.S. Quit derailing the thread, man! if you are really as enlightened as you claim to be then you should have observed that everyone is here for a laugh. If you are one of the many people on NL who find it necessary to validate their existence by making royal fools of themselves, then I beg you to be dignified!

I sincerely hope you take your time to read every word I have typed. Once again let me put it in a simpler context, post a joke or GTFO.

Suum cuique - To each his own.

Peace!

3 Likes

Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 28, 2014
davidylan:

In another time and place, I'd probably be a scholar under your tutelage, Prof. Davidylan. Therefore, I won't demean things you say here without giving them due, unbiased consideration, because I believe you've earned the right to voice out your own opinions whether they agree with mine or not, and who knows, I just might learn something important from your discussion.

It's absurd that people who claim to be freethinking individual get all emotionally worked up when their own beliefs or "facts" are questioned instead of politely and objectively providing explanation, like the civilised people they claim to be. That, I feel, is despicable.

I understand you don't believe in evolution or other pseudoscience as you put it, but my question, sir, is a simple one: are you a Christian?

But all I've typed is for another thread, as this one is for jokes.
Re: Mock The Atheist. by Graviton2(m): 6:50pm On Sep 28, 2014
Xcapist:

In another time and place, I'd probably be a scholar under your tutelage, Prof. Davidylan. Therefore, I won't demean things you say here without giving them due, unbiased consideration, because I believe you've earned the right to voice out your own opinions whether they agree with mine or not, and who knows, I just might learn something important from your discussion.

It's absurd that people who claim to be freethinking individual get all emotionally worked up when their own beliefs or "facts" are questioned instead of politely and objectively providing explanation, like the civilised people they claim to be. That, I feel, is despicable.

I understand you don't believe in evolution or other pseudoscience as you put it, but my question, sir, is a simple one: are you a Christian?

But all I've typed is for another thread, as this one is for jokes.

Just for clarification, I have NO intention of demeaning anyone - I believe everyone is entitled to a position on certain issues and they are free to pursue it however they please. I'm also not "emotionally worked up" by his arguments, what irks me is his constant refusal to cooperate with the purpose of this thread...which as you are well aware is for jokes. He should have posted them in someplace more appropriate - One doesn't wear shoes on one's hands...it's illogical and inappropriate

I'm however glad that you have passed where he failed, by your last statement I'm made to understand that you do indeed know the purpose of this thread.

Cheers.
Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 28, 2014
Graviton2:

Just for clarification, I'm not "worked up" by his arguments, I'm irked that he didn't post them someplace more appropriate. You don't wear shoes on your hands, do you? It's a general and very understandable concept...easy to grasp.

I'm however glad that you have passed where he failed, by your last statement I'm made to understand that you do indeed know the purpose of this thread.

Graviton, deep respect bro. I can't agree more with what you said...well, minus the "polite insults" grin my post wasn't really directed at you but an earlier conversation about evolution. If you notice, I was one of the people waving the "this thread is for gag" flag. So... One love!
Re: Mock The Atheist. by Graviton2(m): 7:05pm On Sep 28, 2014
Xcapist:

Graviton, deep respect bro. I can't agree more with what you said...well, minus the "polite insults" grin my post wasn't really directed at you but an earlier conversation about evolution. If you notice, I was one of the people waving the "this thread is for gag" flag. So... One love!

I meant nothing by it, bro. I just felt I should clear the air, we understand each other perfectly now.

Still got jokes?

1 Like

Re: Mock The Atheist. by timmy2409(m): 10:30pm On Sep 28, 2014
Funny how you guys keep posting non-jokes about how this thread is for jokes grin

Anyway here's a really funny one:

With 93% of its citizens identifying as such, Nigeria is the second most religious country in the world.
Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 28, 2014
davidylan:

davidylan:
davidylan:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? / The Jesus - Ufo Connection / My Reaction To The Front Page Topic: "Names Of God And Their Meanings"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.