Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,779 members, 7,817,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Mock The Atheist. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mock The Atheist. (6412 Views)

Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? / Silly Modern Africans Who Mock The Ancestral Sango. / Let's Mock The Atheists. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 22, 2014
plaetton:

Apparently, you are sure not one of the humans who use their Brian's all the time.
You do use it once in a while, but not very often.

In fact, I do remember one or two instances where you used your brain.
Example, remember when you wrote that should that biblical tales of Adam and Eve, talking snakes and talking donkeys etc, were too silly to be taken literally by anyone with a brain.

Example 2: remember when you wrote that the words of the bible, as expressed in the different versions and editions, were confusing to you.

If at your age you have figured out and even bold enough to write that your bible contain fairy tales that contradict and confuse you, then one wonders if you are at all using your faculties of thought by hopelessly clinging to , and even defending a worldview that you admit makes no sense to you.

Joke: I was debating a Creationist and he said, "I won't believe in
evolution until you provide me some evidence."
I paused for a moment and replied, "From when did you start
requiring evidence to believe in things?"

4 Likes

Re: Mock The Atheist. by plaetton: 5:01pm On Sep 22, 2014
Xcapist:

I paused for a moment and replie, "From when did you start
Very hilarious.

Just imagine davidylan, a person who believes all kinds of stone age fairy tales, saying that the big bang theory and the theory of evolution are cons.

This same character accepts micro-evolution, but does not accept macro- evolution, ignorantly forgetting that in nature, the greater(macro) always mirror the lesser(micro) and vice versa, because both micro and macro processes are all dancing to the same cosmic rhythm.

4 Likes

Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 22, 2014
plaetton:
Very hilarious.

Just imagine davidylan, a person who believes all kinds of stone age fairy tales, saying that the big bang theory and the theory of evolution are cons.

This same character accepts micro-evolution, but does not accept macro- evolution, ignorantly forgetting that in nature, the greater(macro) always mirror the lesser(micro) and vice versa, because both micro and macro processes are all dancing to the same cosmic rhythm.

Because unlike macro-evolution... micro-evolution is testable in the lab and there is empirical proof. I dont need blind faith to believe it like you do.

1 Like

Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 11:46pm On Sep 22, 2014
plaetton:

Apparently, you are sure not one of the humans who use their Brian's all the time.
You do use it once in a while, but not very often.

In fact, I do remember one or two instances where you used your brain.
Example, remember when you wrote that that biblical tales of Adam and Eve, talking snakes and talking donkeys etc, were too silly to be taken literally by anyone with a brain.

Example 2: remember when you wrote that the words of the bible, as expressed in the different versions and editions, were confusing to you.

If at your age you have figured out and even bold enough to write that your bible contain fairy tales that contradict and confuse you, then one wonders if you are at all using your faculties of thought by hopelessly clinging to , and even defending a worldview that you admit makes no sense to you.

So basically let me boil this down...

say something negative about the bible = using your brain.
Believe the bible by faith = not using your brain.

Which is kind of ironic considering you think you use your brain ALL the time even though most of what you believe is based on blind faith in pseudo-science. Gotcha.

1 Like

Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 22, 2014
Xcapist:

I paused for a moment and replied, "From when did you start

the problem with jokes like this is they perpetuate the myth that somehow atheism is all based on "evidence". Perhaps atheists like plaetton would stop braying long enough to get us the evidence for the big bang no?

1 Like

Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 23, 2014
davidylan:

Because unlike macro-evolution... micro-evolution is testable in the lab and there is empirical proof. I dont need blind faith to believe it like you do.

3 Likes

Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 12:12am On Sep 23, 2014
Apatheist:

Actually the above is nonsensical because it glosses over way too much. Yes bacteria become resistant to antibiotics... but has that ever resulted in a population change? Poor analogy.

More importantly, its obvious the individual you drew the cartoon... and the fellow here who posted it are completely ignorant of what macro evolution is... it is not merely A LOT of changes over a LONG PERIOD of time. That is an oversimplistic, naive and completely ignorant way of defining it. According to wikipedia, macro evolution is evolution on a scale of separated gene pools. Micro evolution on the other hand isnt merely small changes over a short period of time, it means smaller evolutionary changes WITHIN a species or population.

Those are very clear, distinct terminologies that need to be taken into account. Perhaps you should understand the terms you use first before posting memes you dont understand.

1 Like

Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 12:18am On Sep 23, 2014
davidylan:

Actually the above is nonsensical because it glosses over way too much. Yes bacteria become resistant to antibiotics... but has that ever resulted in a population change? Poor analogy.

More importantly, its obvious the individual you drew the cartoon... and the fellow here who posted it are completely ignorant of what macro evolution is... it is not merely A LOT of changes over a LONG PERIOD of time. That is an oversimplistic, naive and completely ignorant way of defining it. According to wikipedia, macro evolution is evolution on a scale of separated gene pools. Micro evolution on the other hand isnt merely small changes over a short period of time, it means smaller evolutionary changes WITHIN a species or population.

Those are very clear, distinct terminologies that need to be taken into account. Perhaps you should understand the terms you use first before posting memes you dont understand.

2 Likes

Re: Mock The Atheist. by plaetton: 12:37am On Sep 23, 2014
davidylan:

And this is the one that puzzles and wows me about you.

Again, like I said before, if you were remotely smart enough to realize that micro and macro processes mirror each other, then you might understand that by testing micro-evolution in the lab like you affirm, we learn and get useful insights of evolution at the macro level.
How this escapes you is a big mystery to me. shocked

But I have asked you before, have you heard of telomeres and centromeres, davidylan phd?

Do you need me, sir, to educate you on how telomeres and centromeres conclusively prove the common ancestry of humans with chimpanzees, thus proving macro-evolution?
Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 12:39am On Sep 23, 2014
plaetton:

And this is the one that puzzles and wows me about you.

Again, like I said before, if you were remotely smart enough to realize that micro and macro mirror each other, then you might understand by testing micro-evolution in the lab like you affirm, we learn and get useful insights of evolution at the macro level.
How this escapes you is a big mystery to me.

But I have asked you before, have you heard of telomeres and centromeres, davidylan phd?

Do you need me, sir, to educate you on how telomeres and centromeres conclusively prove the common ancestry of humans with chimpanzees, thus proving macro-evolution?

All these endless debates, conjectures and speculations. Just provide one example of macro evolution and we wont need to continue the musical chairs with the facts. We learn useful insights on how mutations can changes phenotypes WITHIN a species, we learn nothing about how the same change can occur in SEPARATED GENE POOLS because we have NEVER actually seen that happen. To assume that because bacteria can become resistant to a particular antibiotic is enough reason to suspend reasoning in claiming that a maize cob and an elephant come from the same ancestor is just nonsensical blind faith.
Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 12:42am On Sep 23, 2014
plaetton:

well how do they "conclusively prove" the "common ancestry" of humans with a cob of maize? Lets start there first.
Re: Mock The Atheist. by plaetton: 12:47am On Sep 23, 2014
davidylan:

All these endless debates, conjectures and speculations. Just provide one example of macro evolution and we wont need to continue the musical chairs with the facts. We learn useful insights on how mutations can changes phenotypes WITHIN a species, we learn nothing about how the same change can occur in SEPARATED GENE POOLS because we have NEVER actually seen that happen. To assume that because bacteria can become resistant to a particular antibiotic is enough reason to suspend reasoning in claiming that a maize cob and an elephant come from the same ancestor is just nonsensical blind faith.

This is rubbish coming from one who is supposed to be a scientist.
Can you say same thing about the germ theory or the theory of gravitation, or the theories of friction and motion?

In science, a theory actually carries more weight than facts. facts can be right or wrong, a theory , on the other hand is an accumulated body of vetted and tested ideas over an indefinite period of time .

Now, I ask again, do you need me to properly educate you, as a man of science that you are , on how Telomeres and centromeres prove , without a shred of doubt, that we share a common acncestry with chimpanzees and other apes?

1 Like

Re: Mock The Atheist. by plaetton: 12:54am On Sep 23, 2014
^^^
He runs.
cheesy cheesy

I guess truth can be very terrifying.
grin grin
Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 1:58am On Sep 23, 2014
davidylan:

Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 3:35am On Sep 23, 2014
plaetton:

This is rubbish coming from one who is supposed to be a scientist.
Can you say same thing about the germ theory or the theory of gravitation, or the theories of friction and motion?

In science, a theory actually carries more weight than facts. facts can be right or wrong, a theory , on the other hand is an accumulated body of vetted and tested ideas over an indefinite period of time .

Now, I ask again, do you need me to properly educate you, as a man of science that you are , on how Telomeres and centromeres prove , without a shred of doubt, that we share a common acncestry with chimpanzees and other apes?

I actually am a scientist and i have the credentials to prove it. So save us the boring idiocy.

I asked you quite clearly, can you provide evidence for how telomeres prove that man and a cob of maize share the same ancestor? How is that so hard to do? You would have avoided generating so much unnecessary heat. I dont need telomeres to tell me that man and apes share over 99% of their genes. That is low hanging fruit that ignorant bloviators like you love to whine about, because you have ready-made websites to copy. Man shares about 66.7% of our DNA with a cob of maize... how do telomeres help us understand that? Now that would be more interesting to explain. I'm waiting.
Re: Mock The Atheist. by timmy2409(m): 3:40am On Sep 23, 2014
Why is this devolving into an evolution argument na? Abeg make una chill small ooo! Anyway....

While in church one Sunday, a little girl became restless as the preacher's sermon dragged on and on.

Finally, she leaned over to her mother and whispered, "Mommy, if we give him the money now, will he let us go?"

*******************************************************************************************

Two Ministers were discussing the decline in morals in the modern world. "I didn't sleep with my wife before I was married," said one clergyman self righteously. "Did you?"

"I don't know," said the other. "What was her maiden name?"

2 Likes

Re: Mock The Atheist. by timmy2409(m): 3:44am On Sep 23, 2014
Here's a good one on intelligent design:

A civil engineer, a mechanical engineer, and an electrical engineer are talking about what kind of engineer God is.

The MechE says, "God is a MechE. Nobody else could have designed the types of joints and muscles that go into a human body."

The EE says, "God is an EE. Nobody else could have designed the types of nerves and synapses that go into a human body."

The CivE says, "God is a CivE. Nobody else would have run a waste line through a recreational zone."

2 Likes

Re: Mock The Atheist. by timmy2409(m): 3:55am On Sep 23, 2014
Q: Why do women love Jesus.
A: He promises a second coming.

Q: Why do women love Jesus
A: He's hung like this *stretch arms out*

A priest, a liar, and a pedophile walks into a bar. He orders a drink.

3 Likes

Re: Mock The Atheist. by plaetton: 4:03am On Sep 23, 2014
davidylan:

I actually am a scientist and i have the credentials to prove it. So save us the boring idiocy.

I asked you quite clearly, can you provide evidence for how telomeres prove that man and a cob of maize share the same ancestor? How is that so hard to do? You would have avoided generating so much unnecessary heat. I dont need telomeres to tell me that man and apes share over 99% of their genes. That is low hanging fruit that ignorant bloviators like you love to whine about, because you have ready-made websites to copy. Man shares about 66.7% of our DNA with a cob of maize... how do telomeres help us understand that? Now that would be more interesting to explain. I'm waiting.
I can tolerate your ignorance and bellicosity, but your dishonesty is what really betrays you.

It is obviously by your artful and disgraceful dodging that you do not even know what Telemeres and centromeres are.
If you did, you would not be talking about humans and chimpanzees sharing 99% of their genes.
That was not the point I was trying to educate you on.
And you are a micro biologist?

1 Like

Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 4:09am On Sep 23, 2014
plaetton:
I can tolerate your ignorance and bellicosity, but your dishonesty is what really betrays you.

It is obviously by your artful and disgraceful dodging that you do not even know what Telemeres and centromeres are.
If you did, you would not be talking about humans and chimpanzees sharing 99% of their genes.
That was not the point I was trying to educate you on.
And you are a micro biologist?

its ok to say you dont know. You know i will not play musical chairs with you.

Here are the facts...

1. Telomeres are simply the repeating set of nucleotides at the end of a gene sequence. If humans and apes already share 99.6% of their gene sequences... what exactly are you proving with telomeres? cheesy My guy, you're not talking to dunces here.

2. Where the REAL WORK is, is showing us how the exact same telomeres prove that humans and a cob of maize (who share about 67% of DNA) are descendants of the same common ancestor. Now that is what a TRUE scientist wants to tackle.

You can continue pretending you've got something serious to say while i chuckle over here.
Re: Mock The Atheist. by plaetton: 4:21am On Sep 23, 2014
davidylan:

its ok to say you dont know. You know i will not play musical chairs with you.

Here are the facts...

1. Humans share about 99.6% of DNA with chimps/apes... you do NOT need telomeres to show that.

2. Where the REAL WORK is, is showing us how the exact same telomeres prove that humans and a cob of maize (who share about 67% of DNA) are descendants of the same common ancestor. Now that is what a TRUE scientist wants to tackle.

You can continue pretending you've got something serious to say while i chuckle over here.

Your dishonesty knows no bounds.
Again, this is way beyond simple genetic similarity with chimps/apes, it is about common ancestry, something that you deny.

Do you not deny macro-evolution? Do you not deny that humans and chimps have a common ancestry?

C'mon, be a man and utter a simple truth.

Again, if you really knew what telomeres and centromeres were, you would know exactly how they prove, without any iota of doubt, that humans and apes have an immediate (not distant) common ancestry.

I don't know what could be worse than arguing with someone who is dumb, ignorant and dishonest.

1 Like

Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 4:26am On Sep 23, 2014
plaetton:

Your dishonesty knows no bounds.
Again, this is way beyond simple genetic similarity with chimps/apes, it is about common ancestry, something that you deny.

Do you not deny macro-evolution? Do you not deny that humans and chimps have a common ancestry?

C'mon, be a man and utter a simple truth.

Again, if you really knew what telomeres and centromeres were, you would know exactly how they prove, without any iota of doubt, that humans and apes have an immediate (not distant) common ancestry.

I don't know what could be worse than arguing with someone who is dumb, ignorant and dishonest.

Well then since you know so much about it... why dont you show us how they prove, without any iota of doubt, that humans and corn have a common ancestry (the sneaky attempt to differentiate between distant and immediate ancestry is senseless. ancestry is ancestry)?

Why is that so hard to do? grin

See, this is what you are struggling too hard to avoid... if indeed telomeres are a fantastic and scientifically valid means of proving common ancestry then why is the exact same telomeres unable to tell us anything about OTHER organisms with which your theory claims we also share common ancestry? Why only humans v. apes? Is your theory so limited?
Re: Mock The Atheist. by plaetton: 4:58am On Sep 23, 2014
davidylan:

Well then since you know so much about it... why dont you show us how they prove, without any iota of doubt, that humans and corn have a common ancestry (the sneaky attempt to differentiate between distant and immediate ancestry is senseless. ancestry is ancestry)?

Why is that so hard to do? grin

See, this is what you are struggling too hard to avoid... if indeed telomeres are a fantastic and scientifically valid means of proving common ancestry then why is the exact same telomeres unable to tell us anything about OTHER organisms with which your theory claims we also share common ancestry? Why only humans v. apes? Is your theory so limited?

You forget that you are the m.o.r.on who does not accept macro-evolution.
One proof of macro-evolution is good enough.

This is why I keep saying that your scientific credentials are fraudulent, and I mean that without prejudice.

Anyone that is inculcated into the scientific methods and processes would not ask such really dumb and kindergarten questions and the kind of associations that you make.
If telomeres sufficiently prove human and ape ancestry, that is sufficient enough to first show that species evolve over time from other species. Period.
If we find any anomalies, again we employ the same scientific process to patiently study it. Science is not in a hurry because science is not nervous about what it discovers and what it has to defend.

I ask you again, do you deny macro-evolution?
If a piece of feather floats in the air, does it disprove or discredit the theory of gravitation?

Davidylan, What bewilders me most is that I have to use kindergarten words to argue with someone who is supposed to be a scientist.
Nigeria never ceases to produce wonders.

1 Like

Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 5:07am On Sep 23, 2014
plaetton:

This is why I keep saying that your scientific credentials are fraudulent, and I mean that without prejudice.

Anyone that is inculcated into the scientific methods and processes would not ask such really dumb and kindergarten questions and the kind of associations that you make.
If telomeres sufficiently prove human and ape ancestry, that is sufficient enough to first show that species evolve over time from other species. Period.
If we find any anomalies, again we employ the same scientific process to patiently study it. Science is not in a hurry because science is not nervous about what it discovers and what it has to defend.

I ask you again, do you deny macro-evolution?
If a piece of feather floats in the air, does it disprove or discredit the theory of gravitation?

Davidylan, What bewilders me most is that I have to use kindergarten words to argue with someone who is supposed to be a scientist.
Nigeria never ceases to produce wonders.

rather than answer the question, you devolve into complete hysteria. grin cheesy

At the above in highlights, that is intellectual dishonesty if i have ever seen one. If your theory that telomeres can show common ancestry between humans and apes is true, it has to be sufficiently robust to be applied to other organisms. Its not rocket science. cheesy neither do we need to start running new experiments to prove that. Maize cobs also have telomeres, why are we unable to make a comparison to humans in order to prove ancestry? Why only apes? It suggests to me that your incoherent insistence on talking about humans v. apes only is evidence that:
a. you really do not know what you're talking about so you want to stay in your comfort zone. That is not science.
b. you know that your "theory" automatically falls apart once you look at another organism different from apes. If the telomere theory is only applicable to apes then of what use is it?

Perhaps you should read this before making a fool of yourself next time - http://www.nature.com/nm/journal/v12/n10/full/nm1006-1133.html
Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 5:10am On Sep 23, 2014
plaetton:

the "proof" is useless if i cannot use it to compare ancestry for other organisms. For example, is the same theory applicable to snakes v. crocodiles for example? Why not? Afterall they both also have telomeres too so what is different? Its just common sense.

cheesy You do not need to worry about my scientific credentials, my first paper published in 2009, in the American Journal of Respiratory Cell Molecular Biology has been cited 106 times. Where is yours? grin
Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 23, 2014
davidylan:

the "proof" is useless if i cannot use it to compare ancestry for other organisms. For example, is the same theory applicable to snakes v. crocodiles for example? Why not? Afterall they both also have telomeres too so what is different? Its just common sense.

cheesy You do not need to worry about my scientific credentials, my first paper published in 2009, in the American Journal of Respiratory Cell Molecular Biology has been cited 106 times. Where is yours? grin

Sir Dr. Davidylan you're a very intelligent and interesting person, I give you that, I believe you have accomplished a lot for yourself and for science, but gaskiya at this point you're spoiling the fun for the rest of us that are here on this thread for just the fun. There are A LOT of serious threads for serious argument out there. Can we have this one just for gags? You can jump in and lash at atheists too - in a funny way. You don't have to always take things too seriously, because at the end of it all, we're all human.

4 Likes

Re: Mock The Atheist. by finofaya: 12:14pm On Sep 23, 2014
1. 17,000 atheists in the Middle East rioted this week after a blank sheet of paper was found on a cartoonist's desk.

2. Thank god I'm an atheist.

3. During the Reign of Terror of the French Revolution, one morning's executions began with three men: a rabbi, a Catholicpriest, and a rationalist skeptic.

The rabbi was marched up onto the platform first. There, facing the guillotine, he was asked if he had any last words. And the rabbi cried out, "I believe in the one and only true God, and He shall save me." The executioner then positioned the rabbi below the blade, set the block above his neck, and pulled the cord to set the terrible instrument in motion. The heavy cleaver plunged downward, searing the air. But then, abruptly, it stopped with a crack just a few inches above the would-be victim's neck. To which the rabbi said, "I told you so."

"It's a miracle!" gasped the crowd. And the executioner had to agree, letting the rabbi go.

Next in line was the priest. Asked for his final words, he declared, "I believe in Jesus Christ the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost who will rescue me in my hour of need." The executioner then positioned this man beneath the blade. And he pulled the cord. Again the blade flew downward thump! creak! ...stopping just short of its mark once more.

"Another miracle!" sighed the disappointed crowd. And the executioner for the second time had no choice but to let the condemned go free.

Now it was the skeptic's turn. "What final words have you to say?" he was asked. But the skeptic didn't hear. Staring intently at the ominous engine of death, he seemed lost. Not until the executioner poked him in the ribs and the question was asked again did he reply.

"Oh, I see your problem," the skeptic said pointing. "You've got a blockage in the gear assembly, right there!"

10 Likes

Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 1:36am On Sep 24, 2014
Xcapist:

Sir Dr. Davidylan you're a very intelligent and interesting person, I give you that, I believe you have accomplished a lot for yourself and for science, but gaskiya at this point you're spoiling the fun for the rest of us that are here on this thread for just the fun. There are A LOT of serious threads for serious argument out there. Can we have this one just for gags? You can jump in and lash at atheists too - in a funny way. You don't have to always take things too seriously, because at the end of it all, we're all human.

My brother, thank you. I will only post jokes from now on.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mock The Atheist. by logicboy01: 3:50am On Sep 24, 2014
davidylan:

My brother, thank you. I will only post jokes from now on.

good
Re: Mock The Atheist. by Tallesty1(m): 6:07am On Sep 24, 2014
Atheist: What’s this fly doing in my soup?

Waiter: Praying.

Atheist: Very funny. I can’t eat this. Take it back.

Waiter: You see? The fly’s prayers were answered.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 24, 2014
Tallesty1: Atheist: What’s this fly doing in my soup?

Waiter: Praying.

Atheist: Very funny. I can’t eat this. Take it back.

Waiter: You see? The fly’s prayers were answered.

*mighty laughter* grin
Re: Mock The Atheist. by Nobody: 8:47am On Sep 24, 2014
Apatheist: There's nothing sadder than an atheist in a casket-- all dressed up and nowhere to go. grin
Now, this is very funny!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Part Of Your Christian Life Do You Need To Improve This Year? / Rccg Convention Live On Tv / The Soul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.