Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 (30979 Views)

South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD / See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia / Malawi, Congo, Bar South Africans From Entering Their Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by farano(f): 6:57am On Sep 17, 2014
Very sad news cry
Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by deflover(m): 6:57am On Sep 17, 2014
na wa...i always pass that place and sense fear when i see those twin buildings they keep mounting more floors on....na wa cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by cococandy(f): 6:57am On Sep 17, 2014
They said 44 before o
BTW was the building occupied by South Africans alone?
Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by eluquenson(m): 6:58am On Sep 17, 2014
More stories to unfold, this tragedy is premeditated I guess.
And whoever does an atom’s weight of evil will see it.
No evil doer will go free.. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by bakynes(m): 6:58am On Sep 17, 2014
Some folks must go to jail for this even the Prophet shouldn't be left out.

8 Likes

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by nora544: 6:58am On Sep 17, 2014
Funfreak: I dont believe this............................

Even the total casualties here for naija is still 49.....

Sorry for them though

Sorry that is not tru yesterdayin the evening it was 59
Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by Gaystar(m): 6:59am On Sep 17, 2014
This can't be true. the total number of deaths in the incident is not even up to 67 yet. anyway, my thought and prayer are with those they left behind.
Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by MaziOmenuko: 7:00am On Sep 17, 2014
This is sad: so sad! My heart felt condolences to the SA. And to learn they were members of a christian tour group that, so disheartening. Someone needs to pay for this!

At least, we've learnt that no amount of miracle will prevent a badly designed structure from collapsing. The era of walking on waters have gone.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by kennosklint(m): 7:01am On Sep 17, 2014
Nawayooooo
Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by Dragonking: 7:01am On Sep 17, 2014
So why the initial lies?

First they said only 17people died, later they said a total of 50.

The truth will come out and shame these workers of iniquity and as for the so called pastor, your cup is getting filled.

5 Likes

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by hensben(m): 7:02am On Sep 17, 2014
If africans/nigerians can put things in place, basic amenities from the government, this idea of running from one miracle centre to another will stop rather you pray privately in ur house.

God answers prayer from anybody as far as you believe in Him and do what you are suppose to do in life to cause positive change.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by sweetgala(m): 7:02am On Sep 17, 2014
How did this man not see this in one of his many visions! Lord forgive me if I'm inadvertently mocking your servant.

3 Likes

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by priscaoge(f): 7:03am On Sep 17, 2014
67 South Africans dead and all d Newspaper headlines said it's only 44 people that diedshockedshockedshockedshocked...Jezzz Unbelievable!

May the Souls of the departed through the mercy of God RIP! #Amen.

4 Likes

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by Nobody: 7:03am On Sep 17, 2014
sad tragic. Condolence to d bereaved

1 Like

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by Memyselfu2009(m): 7:04am On Sep 17, 2014
but come to think of it ooo sabi jesus bring back dead people to life why can he do the same or that miracle pass him power with faith he can move mountain bah

1 Like

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by MaziOmenuko: 7:05am On Sep 17, 2014
Gaystar: This can't be true. the total number of deaths in the incident is not even up to 67 yet. anyway, my thought and prayer are with those they left behind.

Why do you think the officials of the church were trying to wade off journalist and rescue agents? So they can falsify the number of casualties and prevent us from knowing the real truth.

6 Likes

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by ogaibe1(m): 7:05am On Sep 17, 2014
I thought he said he sees visions, how come he wasnt able to see this one in his dreams. Bunch of fraudsters operating in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by otokx(m): 7:06am On Sep 17, 2014
Gaystar: This can't be true. the total number of deaths in the incident is not even up to 67 yet. anyway, my thought and prayer are with those they left behind.

Our government may be telling lies as usual.

1 Like

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by Calebosko(m): 7:07am On Sep 17, 2014
am keeping silence on this thread,like the church keeping silence on the mater,brb

1 Like

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by bakynes(m): 7:08am On Sep 17, 2014
Am sure most of the South Africans are white Dutch descendants. Negligence and greed are the words here trying to make more money from a foundation built for 4 storey to a 6 storey building.

2 Likes

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by priscaoge(f): 7:08am On Sep 17, 2014
Memyselfu2009: but come to think of it ooo sabi jesus bring back dead people to life why can he do the same or that miracle pass him power with faith he can move mountain bah

Oga did u read what u just typed before posting

8 Likes

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by Visocrate(m): 7:11am On Sep 17, 2014
Very sad I sympathize with those whose families were affected O God arise and let the earth know you liveth put not your servant into undue questionings
Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by jnrbayano(m): 7:14am On Sep 17, 2014
Passing 7seas and 7deserts for miracles and met their death.

Chai....

Rest in peace...so sad.

2 Likes

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by cutieberie1(f): 7:17am On Sep 17, 2014
it is nt d pastor's fault.d building collapsed d church engineers are at fault.r.i.p to d 67 s.a
Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by texazzpete(m): 7:18am On Sep 17, 2014
Dragonking: So why the initial lies?

First they said only 17people died, later they said a total of 50.

The truth will come out and shame these workers of iniquity and as for the so called pastor, your cup is getting filled.

Have you been living under a rock?

The death toll that's announced is usually the bodies they can find. The rescuers are still digging through the wreckage and finding bodies. Of course the death toll could increase.

This comes from greed, of course. You want to add additional floors without doing a risk assessment. Why not just buy more land around the church and build more hostels?

8 Likes

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by jojoki: 7:23am On Sep 17, 2014
when i heard the news i knew it was a structural failure that caused it, but why is our Government not sincere about the death toll? we always hear a well reported news from a foreign stations. may the souls of all the dead RIP

2 Likes

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by olaeffect(m): 7:26am On Sep 17, 2014
This is very sad.

Something I see here however is a country that has value for its citizens. If it were Nigerians that died in such manner in another country we will not even know. When we even have people dying daily like that here at home on daily basis.

We need to place more value on human life.

R.I.P to the dead.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ecuador Declares State Of Emergency As Narcotics Gang Leader Escapes From Prison / Cameroon Re-Elects 89-Year-Old Marcel Niat Njifenji, As Senate President / Heat Wave: Fire Errupts In Upminster, London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.