Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,432 members, 7,954,716 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:50 AM

Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 (31258 Views)

South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD / See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia / Malawi, Congo, Bar South Africans From Entering Their Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by Skyblings(m): 7:26am On Sep 17, 2014
wonders shall never end
Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by Amya(f): 7:31am On Sep 17, 2014
these deaths are the highest number of south Africans that have died in a group outside their country in recent times?

Well I can believe that. South African rarely travel out of their country. Unlike most Africans, they're so content with living within their country.

If 67 SA'ians died in the collapse, then the dead will be in their 100's

5 Likes

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by MoAfrica: 7:31am On Sep 17, 2014
Mercy Lord....
Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by iterator25: 7:33am On Sep 17, 2014
olaeffect: This is very sad.

Something I see here however is a country that has value for its citizens. If it were Nigerians that died in such manner in another country we will not even know. When we even have people dying daily like that here at home on daily basis.

We need to place more value on human life.

R.I.P to the dead.
don't blame the govt but Nigerian travellers .. some travel with fake documents and what not

2 Likes

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by esteltiarra: 7:37am On Sep 17, 2014
Rip to the dead, may God comfort the families of those left behind, so so sad and unfortunate..... embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 17, 2014
its a pity...may they RIP..
Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by temi4fash(m): 7:39am On Sep 17, 2014
Kei144:

Not caused by a jet, neither by Boko Haram; but simply by the fact that the building was overburdened by construction of additional floors. This is the engineering assessment of the situation.
God bless you oo.. Some pple would come here and say y did he not see it. Y didn't he prophecy abt it. When it was obviously a structural defect. Which must have been giving different signs but must have been ignored. Is it today plane have been filling over buildings.

1 Like

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by cirmuell(m): 7:41am On Sep 17, 2014
Gboliwe: The total death recorded according to Nigeria is what again? cry

Clearly, someone skipped nursery school.

RIP to the dead. It is such an unfortunate event.
I dey tell you.

NEMA said 47 or something, as at yesterday.
Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by deeptechcool(m): 7:42am On Sep 17, 2014
The rate at which our politicians, religious leaders, CEO of industries, security agencies etc. sacrifice the life of people to greed, negligence, power, money, women etc in Nigeria is disheartening.
I don't blame them though. I blame the gullible followers and miracle seekers who have hands but cannot work, who have eyes but cannot see and, who have brains but but surrender them to rustiness.

8 Likes

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by comrChris(m): 7:42am On Sep 17, 2014
R I P to all those that died

Dnt know why l'm finding it difficult to believe this figure,its way too high for only sa
Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by Funjosh(m): 7:46am On Sep 17, 2014
Ho! Why is this happening to Synagoge. Every enemy of TB Joshua the Lord is watching you o.
Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by nora544: 7:47am On Sep 17, 2014
cirmuell: I dey tell you.

NEMA said 47 or something, as at yesterday.

There are 61 people death and they could rescue 131

please you can read it here.

http://www.punchng.com/news/synagogue-woman-walks-out-from-rubble-after-four-days/
Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by Chigold101(m): 7:50am On Sep 17, 2014
Afrocatalyst: And they said 59.

If S. African are 67, then other nationals and Nigerians could be how many?

Na wa o. The death toll might reach 150 o. God forbid.
how did zuma know the number of dead south africans? another propaganda looming.
Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by greall1: 7:55am On Sep 17, 2014
Na waa oo all the way from south africa because of religious. GOD know more better.

My condolence to their families
Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by halix239(f): 7:56am On Sep 17, 2014
cutieberie1: it is nt d pastor's fault.d building collapsed d church engineers are at fault.r.i.p to d 67 s.a
it isn't his fault as hw, was he not the one dat ordered them to perform such constructions

1 Like

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by slap1(m): 7:57am On Sep 17, 2014
Dafuq!
Is the church in South Africa?
Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by slap1(m): 7:59am On Sep 17, 2014
halix239:
it isn't his fault as hw, was he not the one dat ordered them to perform such constructions
I still blame the engineers. Maybe they didn't read him the full risks involved.
Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by halix239(f): 8:01am On Sep 17, 2014
temi4fash: God bless you oo.. Some pple would come here and say y did he not see it. Y didn't he prophecy abt it. When it was obviously a structural defect. Which must have been giving different signs but must have been ignored. Is it today plane have been filling over buildings.
isn't he a prophet as u say, hw cums he wasn't able to prophetize his own doom
Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by lordsilver: 8:03am On Sep 17, 2014
Is there no god in SA that 67 of their nationals travelled all d way to Nigeria in search of god. Never knew that South Africans are also mumus when it comes to religion.

Rip to the dead

1 Like

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by halix239(f): 8:04am On Sep 17, 2014
Funjosh: Ho! Why is this happening to Synagoge. Every enemy of TB Joshua the Lord is watching you o.
nw na enemy cosam, u re a fool beyond comparism

6 Likes

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by Pennywise(m): 8:06am On Sep 17, 2014
If TB Joshua wasnt a man of influence, he would have been arrested, tried and sentenced possibly to death for his crime. Yet he walks freely waiting for the right time to perform his miracles.

3 Likes

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by lordsilver: 8:07am On Sep 17, 2014
Chigold101: how did zuma know the number of dead south africans? another propaganda looming.

U go school at all?

The Zuma we are talking abt here is not Zuma Rock up Northern Nigeria, we are talking abt Jacob Zuma, South Afrucan President.

3 Likes

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by halix239(f): 8:08am On Sep 17, 2014
slap1: I still blame the engineers. Maybe they didn't read him the full risks involved.
im 100% sure they told him the full details about the risk he is taking, he jst chose to ignore sch warning signs due to negligence

3 Likes

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by kendo101: 8:09am On Sep 17, 2014
NEMA's lying game is over. Fowl yansh don open, chai! If 67 South Africans were killed, find number of Nigerians, individuals from different countries that were killed? This is 9 x9 matrix problem

1 Like

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by temi4fash(m): 8:20am On Sep 17, 2014
halix239:
isn't he a prophet as u say, hw cums he wasn't able to prophetize his own doom
God wuld not do what we are suppose to do for us. Its just a pastor or man of God driving a car without brakes saying God protection oversees every. Him accident no go get part 2.

3 Likes

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 17, 2014
very patheticsad

johnstar: dis man don go renew him jazz.... na wa o|| so y didn't d man predict is building dat collapse

God knows His true followers..

as much as i dnt believe tb.j ,i don't wanna doubt or judge him..

watch your comments.
Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by rattlesnake(m): 8:31am On Sep 17, 2014
nora544: The pastors ist still silent.

I feel that there will be more death bodies found the next day.
wtf is death bodies undecided
Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 17, 2014
I dunno if it's just me but when I watched the video of the collapse. The way it went down was similar to the way 9/11 collapsed.

Anyways he did make a response:

NIGERIAN preacher and televangelist TB Joshua on Sunday linked a deadly building collapse at his Lagos megachurch to a suspicious aircraft but rescue workers ruled out the theory of foul play.

Mr Joshua, who is dubbed "The Prophet" by his followers because of his purported predictions and healing powers, showed footage of the moments leading up to the collapse on his emmanuel.tv network.

Nigeria’s National Emergency Management Agency said 42 people were killed in Friday’s incident, and 130 had escaped or were pulled out alive from the building rubble.

In the security camera footage, apparently from opposite the vast church compound, what is described as an aircraft is seen over the building four times at 12.30pm South African time, 12.43pm, 12.45pm and 12.54pm.

The uncompleted building, five floors of which are visible above a high wall, is then seen to collapse at 2:44pm, throwing up huge clouds of dust into the air.

"After the incident, the strange aircraft does not return," a commentary accompanying the images adds.

There was no independent verification of the authenticity of the footage but Mr Joshua has said he would make it available to Nigeria’s security agencies.

His Synagogue Church of All Nations is located in Ikotun, near Lagos international airport.

Mr Joshua’s theory about the low-flying plane featured in a number of Nigerian newspapers on Sunday. But the emergency management agency’s southwest co-ordinator Ibrahim Farinloye rejected claims of sabotage and said extra floors were being added to the building without changing the foundations.

"If it were an act of terrorism or sabotage, it would have gone into rubble," he said.

AFP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Venezuela Is Down To Its Last $10 Billion! / Hunter Biden Helped Finance A US Military Bioweapons Research Program In Ukraine / How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.