Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

dalu - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / dalu (4627 Views)

Do Married Men Go Home After Work? / Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? / Why Do Married Men Run After Young Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

dalu by IyawoToBe(f): 9:16am On Sep 17, 2014
kiss kiss
Re: dalu by lirusehn(m): 9:18am On Sep 17, 2014
if I'll post anything that has got to do with the topic. Make i wet bed undecided

2 Likes

Re: dalu by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 17, 2014
Burn ya trousers and wear double wrappers

2 Likes

Re: dalu by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 17, 2014
aisha2: Burn ya trousers and wear double wrappers
grin
Re: dalu by Tallesty1(m): 9:43am On Sep 17, 2014
cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy
cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: dalu by IyawoToBe(f): 9:44am On Sep 17, 2014
Hian cry cry cry
Re: dalu by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 17, 2014
On a more serious note, I am not a go with the crowd person, I find that being that is the easiest way to miss err y, dress how you feel comfortable and learn to ignore all the noise, people generally hate to mind their business mostly because their own lives suck so they want yours to suck too hence try to cut you off any fun and happiness.
Also remember your marriage is not identical to that of anyone people who like turning others into miniatures of themselves boku for nigeria

2 Likes

Re: dalu by kreamidiva(f): 9:56am On Sep 17, 2014
Married women look trendy,sex¥ and smart. wink

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: dalu by cococandy(f): 9:57am On Sep 17, 2014
how did you make that subtle switch from being addressed as a single lady to being addressed respectfully as a married woman.

The bolded is the problem we women always have.
What's that supposed to mean?
Does anyone deserve special respect because they are married?
It's comments like this that make young single women to feel like they are deficient and not worthy of respect because they are single.
It's what's also makes married ladies to look down on single ones as if having a man suddenly made them better and more respect worthy than a single person

You'll be addressed respectfully if you deserve it. It shouldn't have anything to do with your marital status.
Not judging you though.

That said,just wear what makes you comfortable. As long as you and your husband are cool with it,it's ok.
One shouldn't be going around town seeking to be indentified as married like it's a badge of honor.
It's your privacy. It's no one's business.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: dalu by Godmystrength: 10:04am On Sep 17, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin aisha2 will not kill person o..chai!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

@OP, i don't have a problem if people think i don't look married. wetin concern them? I know my husband and my husband knows me. Shikena
I don't expect to be respected because of marital status.

As per dressing, i can even say i dress kind of ''conservatively'' when i was single but now, hahaha, you wan try me ni? How will i allow myself to dull myself ontop say i marry. My hubby sef na dresser die so if i dress one yeye married woman dressing and follow him out, na shame go catch me o. So i dress to match my hubby ni. I am always representing

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: dalu by IyawoToBe(f): 10:19am On Sep 17, 2014
cococandy:

The bolded is the problem we women always have.
What's that supposed to mean?
Does anyone deserve special respect because they are married?
It's comments like this that make young single women to feel like they are deficient and not worthy of respect because they are single.
It's what's also makes married ladies to look down on single ones as if having a man suddenly made them better and more respect worthy than a single person

You'll be addressed respectfully if you deserve it. It shouldn't have anything to do with your marital status.
Not judging you though.

That said,just wear what makes you comfortable. As long as you and your husband are cool with it,it's ok.
One shouldn't be going around town seeking to be indentified as married like it's a badge of honor.
It's your privacy. It's no one's business.
wow. I wasn't expecting that. We are all different and we interprete things differently. I don't think I should be responsible for how you interprete my post. But for the records, I didn't mean or imply any of that. Btw, respect is a psychological need and everyone deserves to be respected. No one said singles don't deserve to be respected as I was single some months ago and being married now hasn't changed a thing about me.

This is my first ever thread on nairaland and I wouldn't like you to bring me into your 'judgement cubicle'. We can always read and post without passing judgements. Now you want to subdue the original purpose of the thread and turn it to an argument by bringing in a controversial issue (whether or not singles deserve respect). Pls don't do that to my thread. Thanks

7 Likes

Re: dalu by cococandy(f): 10:28am On Sep 17, 2014
I knew that could have sounded judgemental. It wasn't my intention which is why I made sure to add 'not judging you'

I also stuck to the thread by saying you should wear what makes you comfortable.

But it doesn't change the fact that Nigerian married ladies like to feel uppity towards single ladies.maybe not intentionally but because that's how most of us were raised.
You hear ladies say stuff like 'I'm married now. Call me madam'
You know? things like that.

The paragraph I quoted implies that too.
You don't want to addressed as a single but RESPECTFULLY as a married woman.
Meaning that there's a difference between the way single and married ladies are addressed based on the marital status and not their personal worth.

Anyway no harm meant.
And I'm sorry if I offended you.

IyawoToBe: wow. I wasn't expecting that. We are all different and we interprete things differently. I don't think I should be responsible for how you interprete my post. But for the records, I didn't mean or imply any of that. Btw, respect is a psychological need and everyone deserves to be respected. No one said singles don't deserve to be respected as I was single some months ago and being married now hasn't changed a thing about me.

This is my first ever thread on nairaland and I wouldn't like you to bring me into your 'judgement cubicle'. We can always read and post without passing judgements. Now you want to subdue the original purpose of the thread and turn it to an argument by bringing in a controversial issue (whether or not singles deserve respect).

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: dalu by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:31am On Sep 17, 2014
By behaving like a married woman ... Shikena

1 Like

Re: dalu by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 17, 2014
IyawoToBe: wow. I wasn't expecting that. We are all different and we interprete things differently. I don't think I should be responsible for how you interprete my post. But for the records, I didn't mean or imply any of that. Btw, respect is a psychological need and everyone deserves to be respected. No one said singles don't deserve to be respected as I was single some months ago and being married now hasn't changed a thing about me.
This is my first ever thread on nairaland and I wouldn't like you to bring me into your 'judgement cubicle'. We can always read and post without passing judgements. Now you want to subdue the original purpose of the thread and turn it to an argument by bringing in a controversial issue (whether or not singles deserve respect). Pls don't do that to my thread. Thanks

I don't think she was judging you, she was simply saying respect should be earned regardless or marital status. I doubt that is negative

9 Likes

Re: dalu by Yemlizzy(f): 10:40am On Sep 17, 2014
Lol,thats why westernization has come to stay,its not common to see married folks looking like those in ancient times.

3 Likes

Re: dalu by Godmystrength: 10:42am On Sep 17, 2014
JayKayMaybachz: By behaving like a married woman ... Shikena
How do/should they behave?

1 Like

Re: dalu by IyawoToBe(f): 11:00am On Sep 17, 2014
aisha2:

I don't think she was judging you, she was simply saying respect should be earned regardless or marital status. I doubt that is negative
Ok. I understand. Everything still boils down to what the society expects. Whether you deny it or not, we all have in our mind this perfect picture of how a married woman should look. So when a person falls short of that picture, we withraw some things we would have said or done. Now, I have refused to change my lifestyle (mode of dressing, hair do and all) cos I got married. But then, I still want people to accord me the respect they would accord another lady that fits perfectly into the 'married woman' picture they carry about.

1 Like

Re: dalu by IyawoToBe(f): 11:00am On Sep 17, 2014
JayKayMaybachz: By behaving like a married woman ... Shikena
You see what am saying? Aisha2
Re: dalu by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 17, 2014
May b by carrying ur husband on ur head or write I am a married woman on a carbon paper and hold it everywhere u go grin tongue

11 Likes

Re: dalu by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 17, 2014
Godmystrength: grin grin grin grin grin aisha2 will not kill person o..chai!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

@OP, i don't have a problem if people think i don't look married. wetin concern them? I know my husband and my husband knows me. Shikena
I don't expect to be respected because of marital status.

As per dressing, i can even say i dress kind of ''conservatively'' when i was single but now, hahaha, you wan try me ni? How will i allow myself to dull myself ontop say i marry. My hubby sef na dresser die so if i dress one yeye married woman dressing and follow him out, na shame go catch me o. So i dress to match my hubby ni. I am always representing
looool....I am telling you
Re: dalu by IyawoToBe(f): 11:06am On Sep 17, 2014
cococandy: I knew that could have sounded judgemental. It wasn't my intention which is why I made sure to add 'not judging you'

I also stuck to the thread by saying you should wear what makes you comfortable.

But it doesn't change the fact that Nigerian married ladies like to feel uppity towards single ladies.maybe not intentionally but because that's how most of us were raised.
You hear ladies say stuff like 'I'm married now. Call me madam'
You know? things like that.

The paragraph I quoted implies that too.
You don't want to addressed as a single but RESPECTFULLY as a married woman.
Meaning that there's a difference between the way single and married ladies are addressed based on the marital status and not their personal worth.

Anyway no harm meant.
And I'm sorry if I offended you.

Alright dear. I now get your point. We are actually on the same page. It's just our societal norm. People give more respect to a married woman. Particularly in this part of the world. I am not using that as a yard stick for why I should be respected. I am only saying that, people constantly ask me if I am married (probably after seeing my ring), immediately I say I am, they change their perception of me and treat me differently. So am like, why can't they treat me right even before they know my marital status? Is it my fault or theirs? Is there anything I can do about it? Those are my concerns. Am not saying singles don't deserve respect.
Re: dalu by Daresh(f): 11:07am On Sep 17, 2014
IyawoToBe: What does it mean when people say " Are you married?" "You don't look married". Though this question i constantly get from people does not mean anything to me, I will like to know what a married woman looks like.

Is it the way i dress? I got married some months ago and I still wear my jeans and top. Occasionally wear native and still wear my stilettos wink. I bassically still wear some of the clothes i wore while single. Not that they are revealing and slutty o, lol. But does that make me come across like an unmarried person.

Pls I will like to gauge responses from married women. Soon after getting married, how did you make that subtle switch from being addressed as a single lady to being addressed respectfully as a married woman. How did you groom yourself to make people address you accordingly? wink

My sister I get that all the time. Are you married? Are these your kids? Haba make I begin tie 2 wrapper ni?
Re: dalu by dytbabe: 11:12am On Sep 17, 2014
Clears throat
Flips hair
Re: dalu by cococandy(f): 11:14am On Sep 17, 2014
There's really nothing much you can do about it. I experience it too.
But I just take it to be one of those things.
IyawoToBe:

Alright dear. I now get your point. We are actually on the same page. It's just our societal norm. People give more respect to a married woman. Particularly in this part of the world. I am not using that as a yard stick for why I should be respected. I am only saying that, people constantly ask me if I am married (probably after seeing my ring), immediately I say I am, they change their perception of me and treat me differently. So am like, why can't they treat me right even before they know my marital status? Is it my fault or theirs? Is there anything I can do about it? Those are my concerns. Am not saying singles don't deserve respect.

1 Like

Re: dalu by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 17, 2014
IyawoToBe: You see what am saying? Aisha2

IyawoToBe: Ok. I understand. Everything still boils down to what the society expects. Whether you deny it or not, we all have in our mind this perfect picture of how a married woman should look. So when a person falls short of that picture, we withraw some things we would have said or do. Now, I have refused to change my lifestyle (mode of dressing, hair do and all) cos I got married. But then, I still want people to accord me the respect they would accord another lady that fits perfectly into the 'married woman' picture they carry about.

Well I don't know what to tell you then. I don't live by society's dictates or live for their fake respect I live a life for me and my family doing good what works for us.

I hope you find your answers

5 Likes

Re: dalu by IyawoToBe(f): 11:32am On Sep 17, 2014
aisha2:

Well I don't know what to tell you then. I don't live by society's dictates or live for their fake respect I live a life for me and my family doing good what works for us.

I hope you find your answers
lol. Did you bring the annoyance from the counselling thread here? No, i guess winkThen chill my dear. No matter how much we say we don't care about what people say or think about us, in the real sense we actually do. And respect is a human need which if not met could lead to psychological problem. So as much as I will like to live a life that works for me and my family, I will also not like us to live life as deviants. That's why I threw the question open on this thread. HOW DO MARRIED WOMEN LOOK? kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: dalu by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:36am On Sep 17, 2014
Godmystrength: How do/should they behave?
Modest in dressing, manners, societal behavior etc ... Showin that motherly role
Re: dalu by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:37am On Sep 17, 2014
IyawoToBe: You see what am saying? Aisha2
Lol ... what are yhu saying?
Re: dalu by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 17, 2014
IyawoToBe: lol. Did you bring the annoyance from the counselling thread here? No, i guess winkThen chill my dear. No matter how much we say we don't care about what people say or think about us, in the real sense we actually do. And respect is a human need which if not met could lead to psychological problem. So as much as I will like to live a life that works for me and my family, I will also not like us to live life as deviants. That's why I threw the question open on this thread. HOW DO MARRIED WOMEN LOOK? kiss kiss

Annoyance kwa? Lol. Its different for everyone. I simply wished you find the answers you are seeking there is no annoyance from anywhere in that.
I simply realised that I may not have the advice you are looking for and said others will come in and give it, it wasn't in spite or tongue in cheek of any sort just an honest open wish.

1 Like

Re: dalu by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:50am On Sep 17, 2014
Lemme call some guys ... ermmm .... make una kon follow talk oo
Re: dalu by Godmystrength: 12:02pm On Sep 17, 2014
JayKayMaybachz: Modest in dressing, manners, societal behavior etc ... Showin that motherly role
Must you be married before exhibiting all these? even singles should be all these as well.

2 Likes

Re: dalu by IyawoToBe(f): 12:03pm On Sep 17, 2014
Godmystrength: Must you be married before exhibiting all these? even singles should be all these as well.
I wonder o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Wife Does Not Want To Bear My Name / Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? / Women Try And Control Your Tongues!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.