Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

dalu - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / dalu (4628 Views)

Do Married Men Go Home After Work? / Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? / Why Do Married Men Run After Young Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: dalu by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 17, 2014
cococandy:

The bolded is the problem we women always have.
What's that supposed to mean?
Does anyone deserve special respect because they are married?
It's comments like this that make young single women to feel like they are deficient and not worthy of respect because they are single.
It's what's also makes married ladies to look down on single ones as if having a man suddenly made them better and more respect worthy than a single person

You'll be addressed respectfully if you deserve it. It shouldn't have anything to do with your marital status.
Not judging you though.

That said,just wear what makes you comfortable. As long as you and your husband are cool with it,it's ok.
One shouldn't be going around town seeking to be indentified as married like it's a badge of honor.
It's your privacy. It's no one's business.

kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: dalu by bukatyne(f): 12:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
@OP:

Are you referring to random people or previous acquaintances?

If random, what kind of discussions led to such?

There is no special way a married woman carries herself to be 'respected'. People will treat you how you place yourself to be treated.

If you are referring to dressing, I know some grannies that will beat you to it Hair on point, nails etc.(not indecency o!). There are some that its their kids that will make you know they are married. I know some that are petite, not using rings, have 2 kids in a 8+ marriage and look like a university undergrad cheesy

Live your life to suit yourself cheesy

2 Likes

Re: dalu by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 17, 2014
I'm guessing you were expected to throw out all your jeans and stilettoes, and swap it for natives and slippers instead? undecided

1 Like

Re: dalu by JayKayMaybachz(m): 2:59pm On Sep 17, 2014
Godmystrength: Must you be married before exhibiting all these? even singles should be all these as well.
There's a lil difference between married and single woman
Re: dalu by Godmystrength: 3:06pm On Sep 17, 2014
JayKayMaybachz: There's a lil difference between married and single woman
really? because of the ring or the babies?

1 Like

Re: dalu by Truckpusher(m): 4:45pm On Sep 17, 2014
JayKayMaybachz: Lemme call some guys .... make una kon follow talk oo

One thing I'm sure is that many married women no longer wear pants but boxers grin

And they talk about sex as if they are talking about the latest movie in town. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: dalu by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 17, 2014
bukatyne: @OP:

Are you referring to random people or previous acquaintances?

If random, what kind of discussions led to such?

There is no special way a married woman carries herself to be 'respected'. People will treat you how you place yourself to be treated.

If you are referring to dressing, I know some grannies that will beat you to it Hair on point, nails etc.(not indecency o!). There are some that its their kids that will make you know they are married. I know some that are petite, not using rings, have 2 kids in a 8+ marriage and look like a university undergrad cheesy

Live your life to suit yourself cheesy
Yea..that's me.Not the granny part o.I ve never looked married.Not like I dress indecently. It all depends on your carriage. For the fact one is married doesn't mean you must look like some one from a 1960 movie.
Re: dalu by kika23(f): 5:34pm On Sep 17, 2014
I don't think there's a particular look for married women. Personally, I love the funky looking type. Those who take good care of themselves despite the fact that they are married and they don't have to look older than their real age all because they are married and out of the market. This doesn't mean they should be indecent though.. It has to be moderate, funky in a decent way... Not over the top.

Well, different strokes for different folks.. I'd like to always look attractive to my husband, and look like my children's elder sister. smiley

1 Like

Re: dalu by peggykorol(f): 6:31pm On Sep 17, 2014
This is my look
A mother and wife
I get that talk all the time from Married and single guys
No biggie

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: dalu by kika23(f): 6:35pm On Sep 17, 2014
peggykorol: This is my look
A mother and wife
No biggie
Perfect...... That's what I'm talking about. smiley

1 Like

Re: dalu by cococandy(f): 6:40pm On Sep 17, 2014
You're beautiful kiss
A mother and wife
No biggie
Re: dalu by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:04pm On Sep 17, 2014
Godmystrength: really? because of the ring or the babies?
The responsibility .... They're are now like role models
Re: dalu by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:06pm On Sep 17, 2014
A mother and wife
No biggie
Yhu are descent (Your dress code is cool) ... most married women i see this days dress like sluts

1 Like

Re: dalu by LaRoyalHighness(f): 7:08pm On Sep 17, 2014
In this 21st century, the hottest chicks in my area are married women...badest' rides, sleek outfits, funmi hair extensions,diamond rings ...

....yaaaa! That's how married women look.
Re: dalu by snazzylove: 7:25pm On Sep 17, 2014
Yeah I think its normal for people(especially the older generation) and some of the younger generation to ask that question. I used to think that way too, that was years back. Reason is that these people believe that a married woman should:

1) Have Fat arms (you know the type they call 'christian mother') grin

2) Have Flabby protruded tommy cheesy. A mark to inform other women (and men) that you have dozen(s) of kids at home grin

3) Have big rounded bottom (not the sexy type oo). The ones that have seen better dayz that even without movement they are dancing skelewu on their own grin

4) Have bosoms that are always head down in worship to the gods cheesy

5) Have the xtra body weight to show that hubby is really taking good care of her. (One of the ways to know a good and caring husband those days) shocked

6) To crown it all should always be on two wrappers and blouse, iro and buba, veils etc. Even when they want to wear casuals it must be a maxi gown, maxi skirt and loose top, thread hair, didi , jerry curl or perming grin.

So my dear count yourself lucky to be asked that question. So many ladies will do anything to get such question from people.
If people start to refer to you as madam even without seeing the ring, know its time to hit the gym and change your wardrobe.

Keep fit and keep looking chicky. It pays cool

2 Likes

Re: dalu by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 17, 2014
Most ignoramus have that believe that if you are married , you should be fat, protruding stomach, or let's say on the big side while you maintain a " modest clothing ".

I have seen some singles that fit that description and the way they quarrel with anyone that dares call them madam or give them too much respect.

Size matters a lot to Nigerian s. Once you are on the big side, more respect for you. This exclude when you enter a public transport cheesy.

1 Like

Re: dalu by Godmystrength: 7:36pm On Sep 17, 2014
@snazzylove, u no just serious o.cheesycheesy
Re: dalu by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:01pm On Sep 17, 2014
@Snazzylove i don laugh die for here
Re: dalu by RoyalRoy(m): 8:39pm On Sep 17, 2014
[size=15pt] Truckpusher and Iyawo2be, please focus on the topic and stop the bickering.
Be warned.

Moderator.[/size]
Re: dalu by peggykorol(f): 9:25pm On Sep 17, 2014
Really?Thanks
JayKayMaybachz: Yhu are descent (Your dress code is cool) ... most married women i see this days dress like sluts
Re: dalu by peggykorol(f): 9:26pm On Sep 17, 2014
Thanks coco
cococandy: You're beautiful kiss

1 Like

Re: dalu by luxanne(f): 10:24pm On Sep 17, 2014
@JayKayMaybachz, why are u spamming this thread with so many mentions? Lol cheesy

Ok @ topic, most times it depends on ur physique. If you have a slim and/or petite figure, there is a larger percentage u'l get such advances...so if I were you, I'l just go ahead and take those talks as compliments.
Re: dalu by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:28pm On Sep 17, 2014
luxanne: @JayKayMaybachz, why are u spamming this thread with so many mentions? Lol cheesy

Ok @ topic, most times it depends on ur physique. If you have a slim and/or petite figure, there is a larger percentage u'l get such advances...so if I were you, I'l just go ahead and take those talks as compliments.
Just wanted to get yhu guys involved here grin ... i hope yhu ain't offended?
Re: dalu by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
peggykorol: Really?Thanks
Really .... yhu welcome
Re: dalu by allycat: 4:03am On Sep 18, 2014
Just put on weight, look constantly harassed and frown all the time. Nobody will need to be told you are a stressed married woman. I have been married for almost 15 years and it was just about a year ago I noticed that people were suddenly calling me madam and almost kneeling down whenever they see me. I took a good look at myself in the mirror and realized I had really added a lot of weight, so my next birthday gift to myself and my hubby is to loose weight and look good. He hasn't complained yet but when a guy agrees with you quick quick that you are rejoining the gym, you use your tongue and count your teeth.
Re: dalu by Godmystrength: 6:32am On Sep 18, 2014
JayKayMaybachz: The responsibility .... They're are now like role models
role models to who? The singles or everybody? But IMO, i don't think you need marriage to be people's role model.
Re: dalu by Splendblex(f): 10:59am On Sep 18, 2014
@op just be yourself o, cos you can't please everyone. What I get from people often is; why are you still slim na try and get fat o.Like say na dem marry me.
Re: dalu by Skybright227: 11:31am On Sep 18, 2014
[quote
author=IyawoToBe]What does it mean when people say " Are you married?"
"You don't look married". Though this question i constantly get from
people does not mean anything to me, I will like to know what a married
woman looks like.

Is it the way i dress? I got married some months ago and I still wear my
jeans and top. Occasionally wear native and still wear my stilettos wink.
I bassically still wear some of the clothes i wore while single. Not
that they are revealing and slutty o, lol. But does that make me come
across like an unmarried person.

Pls I will like to gauge responses from married women. Soon after
getting married, how did you make that subtle switch from being
addressed as a single lady to being addressed respectfully as a married
woman. How did you groom yourself to make people address you
accordingly? wink[/quote]rock your ring,behave more mature and always be descent in your looks shikina..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is My Nationality? / Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? / Women Try And Control Your Tongues!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.