Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,834 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Gej,nigeria,corruption,injustice And The 12 Convicted Soldiers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej,nigeria,corruption,injustice And The 12 Convicted Soldiers (439 Views)

Court Orders Army To Suspend Execution On Convicted Soldiers / Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers / Killing Of My 3 Sons Planned By GEJ—Nigeria’s Shiite Leader, Sheikh El-ZakZaky (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gej,nigeria,corruption,injustice And The 12 Convicted Soldiers by chronique(m): 10:57am On Sep 17, 2014
Your excellency,president Goodluck Ebele Jonathan,the GCFR and president of the federal republic of Nigeria.

I and millions of Nigerians voted you into power in 2011,with the hope that you'd steer Nigeria out of the dunghills,and onto greater heights. Unfortunately,certain events have occurred in the past few years,and have almost overshadowed some of the good works your administration has embarked on. Under your leadership,a lot of things have gone wrong not necessarily by your doing,but by the situations we've found ourselves as a nation. The Nigerian media has been so bastardized to a point where it has become almost impossible to know what news report is true or not. This has been made possible by elements who are hell bent in bringing down your govt. On the other hand,we've heard several unsavoury reports of corruption by some of your cabinet members. As it stands today,some of us are not particularly sure if these reports were made to discredit your government,or if they are actually true. A lot of politics has gone into the media and it's been pretty difficult knowing what to believe. One thing is sure;Nigeria is currently going through trying times and as a civilian president,some of the issues we're facing,are probabling overwhelming you. Despite that,I refuse to lay all the blame on your doorstep even though one should naturally do that,given that you're the president of the country and solely responsible for all that happens. Nigeria is a country with so many diverse ethnic and religious groups and anyone leading this country,has to do so with a lot of wisdom. I remember some miscreants who have stolen and looted the resources of this country under past governments,under the aegies of Northern Elders Political Forum(or whatever they call themselves),promised to make Nigeria ungovernable for you. This they have done,using every tool available.

Corruption and boko haram,are two things that have been used to undermine your govt. While I do not hold brief for you on the allegations of corruption against your government,I also would not blame you. From my interaction with a lot of Nigerians on a daily basis,I've come to realise that the average Nigerian is corrupt. From politics,to religion,to security,to education,to business,etc. Corruption is like blood in the veins of Nigerians and most Nigerians have accepted it,but in different variants. An average Nigerian expects to tip officials of the PHCN instead of paying their bills,but will expect steady power supply from the government. An average Nigerian expects the government to provide the best of social amenities,but would not like to pay the real import duties that should go to the government,for bringing in various goods. An average Nigerian doesn't want to pay tax because they feel the govt will embezzle it,but would want the country to be like America. The truth is,most Nigerians do not believe in doing the right thing. Everywhere you go in Nigeria,corruption is always the major reason why things do no work out. Most Nigerians are married to corruption,knowingly or unknowingly. It is this corruption that has made the issue of insurgency,an embarrassment to the nation. It is this corruption,that has made some of our greedy generals to siphon funds meant for welfare of gallant troops,into private accounts,thereby leaving them with peanuts and in unpalatable states. And as usual,the culprits always get away with their actions. How they manage to wriggle out of it aint a surprise to me;I make bold to say that Nigeria has one of the most corrupt and slow judicial institution,world over. A judicial system that rewards thieves who steal billions,with a few yrs imprisonment,and sentences petty thieves to as much as 15yrs imprisonment,can best be described as corrupt. How Peter Odili's case was adjourned till year 2099,when we haven't even lived up to year 2020,is still a mystery to me.

It's the same corruption,that exists in the Nigerian army,that led the frustrated soldiers to fire at their GOC. These lads had complained severally about lack of weapons and poor welfare;what did the army hierachy do? Nothing. While their bosses were feeding fat on their welfare,they were being sent to die like chickens at the war front. They got to a point where they couldn't stomach it and had to revolt but today,they are being charged with mutiny and would be sentenced to death. The GOC who fed fat on their allowances,has been quietly retired,and asked to go enjoy his loot at home;where is the justice? These lads sacrifice their lives so we can live in peace. They are taking bullets so we can have the right atmosphere to drive our luxury cars and relax in choice spots around town. Every sane Nigerian knows they do not deserve to die. They also do not deserve the life sentence. If their GOC who fed fat on their welfare,could be asked to go home and enjoy his loot,they should also be asked to go home and stay with their families. What is good for the goose,is good for the gander.

Today,I join my voice with millions of Nigerians to ask for the release of these soldiers. This injustice in Nigeria has to stop. We can't continue like this. The defence hierachy should also think about the psycological effect this verdict will have on their comrades in the battle front.

Your excellency,as the grand commander of the armed forces of the federal republic of Nigeria,I'm pleading that you use your power in setting them free. I'm not talking based on emotions;no! I'm talking based on the facts available to millions of Nigerians. If you do that,you can be rest assured that I and millions of Nigerians will vote you back to power come 2015. If these guys are killed,get ready to pack out of Aso rock in 2015. I have supported your government despite all the scandals and allegations,with the hope that things would get better. Some of us have been called all manner of names for voting you into power and supporting you. If these 12 soldiers are killed,I won't think twice before voting in your opponent. Have it at the back of your mind,that your election starts now;not 2015. I believe you'd do the right thing.

God bless you and may God bless the federal repubic of Nigeria.

Rio

1 Like

Re: Gej,nigeria,corruption,injustice And The 12 Convicted Soldiers by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 17, 2014
Despite the heroic deed the 12 soldiers has done , they deserve to die to serve as deterrent to others except others are ready to die too !!

Death is not painful but pain itself !!
Re: Gej,nigeria,corruption,injustice And The 12 Convicted Soldiers by ebucha: 12:10pm On Sep 17, 2014
Leaking of vital military information and strategies to curb terrorism to bokoharam by corrupt top military hierarchy and the GOC in question is treason because it threatens the sovereignty of nigeria. These twelve soldiers aka maiduguri-12 were not only fighting BH but had the gallantry to fight treason. They nation must see these maiduguri12 as true soldiers determined to fight terror at all level. It is absurd, illogical and irrational to condemn 12 gallant soldiers for mutiny while corrupt senior military officers who commit treason with greater inimical effects go scot-free. FREE OUR SOLDIERS #team-free-maiduguri-12.

NB. You will agree with me that the DHQ earlier denied any mutiny. The question is why try them for what never happened.
Re: Gej,nigeria,corruption,injustice And The 12 Convicted Soldiers by chronique(m): 12:43pm On Sep 17, 2014
Exactly. If GEJ can't guarantee the safety anf freedom of 170 million Nigerians,He should at least guarantee the lives of 12 gallant soldiers whose bravery,brought to the forefront,the corruption amongst the military hierachy.
ebucha: Leaking of vital military information and strategies to curb terrorism to bokoharam by corrupt top military hierarchy and the GOC in question is treason because it threatens the sovereignty of nigeria. These twelve soldiers aka maiduguri-12 were not only fighting BH but had the gallantry to fight treason. They nation must see these maiduguri12 as true soldiers determined to fight terror at all level. It is absurd, illogical and irrational to condemn 12 gallant soldiers for mutiny while corrupt senior military officers who commit treason with greater inimical effects go scot-free. FREE OUR SOLDIERS #team-free-maiduguri-12.

NB. You will agree with me that the DHQ earlier denied any mutiny. The question is why try them for what never happened.
Re: Gej,nigeria,corruption,injustice And The 12 Convicted Soldiers by size38: 1:22pm On Sep 17, 2014
Guy, u really get time to write this plenty grammar wey no make sense at all. Ur trying to praise and encourage that woman wrapper we call president. GEJ no get liver to act or do anything. Except using army or police to fight members of the opposition parties particularly, APC.
Re: Gej,nigeria,corruption,injustice And The 12 Convicted Soldiers by chronique(m): 1:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
If I may ask,what sense have you made with your post?
size38: Guy, u really get time to write this plenty grammar wey no make sense at all. Ur trying to praise and encourage that woman wrapper we call president. GEJ no get liver to act or do anything. Except using army or police to fight members of the opposition parties particularly, APC.

(1) (Reply)

CALL FOR APPLICATIONS - The Center For Cultural Diplomacy Studies / Open Letter To Silverbird / Bishop Oyedepo Turns 60 Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.