Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,190 members, 7,957,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:45 PM

The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats (51108 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 3:33pm On Oct 27, 2014
Well supported from below

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by FastShipping: 3:37pm On Oct 27, 2014
A lot of us won't forgive you for not coming to South-West to work. Many people want to give you projects in South-West. Only God knows why you have refused to leave your comfort zone.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 3:53pm On Oct 27, 2014
FastShipping:
A lot of us won't forgive you for not coming to South-West to work. Many people want to give you projects in South-West. Only Gods knows why you have refused to leave your comfort zone.

My brother, its not as you think it cheesy Even in PH here, am not in my comfort zone as I am still operating out of base. My main reason for not being in the south west at the moment is in other not to stretch myself to thin, I am looking at distances and making more efforts to choose more reliable men who could be out there if am not in site, totally trusted.
As every responsibility will be on me and not my men, I dont want to lose money or focus. Choosing the right team has not been as easy as I thought initially. But every move should be planned, I am still planning for it. Please be patient with me my friends. Thank you Sir.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by koman: 3:59pm On Oct 27, 2014
spyder880:
View of the top........

Big boss,
Don't you think that using marine board for this decking would've been more cost effective as the price of the boards has dropped a bit in the market and the boards will also be reused for the second decking.

The decking platform looks solid though.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by mufutau55(m): 4:00pm On Oct 27, 2014
FastShipping:
A lot of us won't forgive you for not coming to South-West to work. Many people want to give you projects in South-West. Only Gods knows why you have refused to leave your comfort zone.

Join the Chorus, my brother. But this man has the best reason any reasonable and honest person can give, as you can see above.
Many people are not that focused but only think about money and how many people they can rip-off and also do shabby work. God bless you Spyder.

Hajji M.

5 Likes

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by kopell: 5:53pm On Oct 27, 2014
@ hajji you've said it all. Very few, many don't understand that good name is better then few bucks that will finished in short time. Onces reputation stays for ever. Stay bless Oga Spyder and other few like you.

1 Like

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by NL1960: 6:21pm On Oct 27, 2014
spyder880:

My brother, its not as you think it cheesy Even in PH here, am not in my comfort zone as I am still operating out of base. My main reason for not being in the south west at the moment is in other not to stretch myself to thin, I am looking at distances and making more efforts to choose more reliable men who could be out there if am not in site, totally trusted.
As every responsibility will be on me and not my men, I dont want to lose money or focus. Choosing the right team has not been as easy as I thought initially. But every move should be planned, I am still planning for it. Please be patient with me my friends. Thank you Sir.

My advice to you is that if you intend to come to South West, be prepared to spend at least 6 months at a stretch. You can be messed up if you are not physically on a project site for a long time and it is your name that will be rubbished. We have seen how somebody has messed you up already on just colour of roofing sheets. Many Nigerians are so greedy and dubious.

2 Likes

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 7:00pm On Oct 27, 2014
NL1960:

My advice to you is that if you intend to come to South West, be prepared to spend at least 6 months at a stretch. You can be messed up if you are not physically on a project site for a long time and it is your name that will be rubbished. We have seen how somebody has messed you up already on just colour of roofing sheets. Many Nigerians are so greedy and dubious.

You are on point. If I tell you guys what I have seen in this building field, you will marvel at the level of dishonesty that exists in this our country. If you know how many assistants I have had to drop, how much I have lost while issuing and reissuing already paid for sub contracts, it is enough to write two big books.

In the Owerri duplex roofing, nobody here knew that I had to cough up an additional N295k two months ago to pay for another batch of stone coated roofing tiles after the guys I paid to bring in the materials according to their quotation abandoned the site without completing the job and nearly made me fall out with the owner of the house. I had to pay to maintain my name. All because I was not very present in Owerri everyday to pursue the roofing myself. Its not easy doing business in this country.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by gabbytabby: 9:42am On Oct 28, 2014
mufutau55:

Join the Chorus, my brother. But this man has the best reason any reasonable and honest person can give, as you can see above.
Many people are not that focused but only think about money and how many people they can rip-off and also do shabby work. God bless you Spyder.

Hajji M.

Oga Spyder is also a family man with roots in the East. There is a lot to factor in a move. The building environment is costlier and more hostile especially in lagos. He has to consider the cost benefit both financial and on the family front. I know you all want to steal him over but he needs to be truly ready.

1 Like

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 12:20pm On Oct 28, 2014
Our decking slab reinforcements arrive. ...

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 12:22pm On Oct 28, 2014
We will start working with them today, even as our staircase supports gets ready.

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 12:24pm On Oct 28, 2014
Although we have not fully removed the woods, but our arc came out nicely.

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by mufutau55(m): 2:26pm On Oct 28, 2014
gabbytabby:

Oga Spyder is also a family man with roots in the East. There is a lot to factor in a move. The building environment is costlier and more hostile especially in lagos. He has to consider the cost benefit both financial and on the family front. I know you all want to steal him over but he needs to be truly ready.

I totally agreed with you, leaving family members behind is not an easy decision..

Hajji M.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 3:22pm On Oct 28, 2014
For more understanding and more pictures of some of the previous decking works we have done before, please follow this link........
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=7402021805713086700#allposts/postNum=0
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by mufutau55(m): 3:47pm On Oct 28, 2014
spyder880:
For more understanding and more pictures of some of the previous decking works we have done before, please follow this link........
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=7402021805713086700#allposts/postNum=0

I am having problem with that your blog link... Can you confirm or make sure the address is correct.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 4:11pm On Oct 28, 2014
mufutau55:

I am having problem with that your blog link... Can you confirm or make sure the address is correct.

Hajji M.

The address is correct, but alternatively you can click www.amazingviewpoints..com
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by mufutau55(m): 4:23pm On Oct 28, 2014
spyder880:

The address is correct, but alternatively you can click www.amazingviewpoints..com

Thanks.. Now this works.. I just need to look for the particular item I want to read... This should be a backup of your posts/work if anything does happen here again such as data loss... Thanks.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 5:44pm On Oct 28, 2014
mufutau55:

Thanks.. Now this works.. I just need to look for the particular item I want to read... This should be a backup of your posts/work if anything does happen here again such as data loss... Thanks.

Hajji M.

A good back up, there were some serious data which I lost during that crash which I can never recover.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 5:47pm On Oct 28, 2014
We need to pull down the old gate pillars as we are planning to reposition the gates to optimise the use it of this compound.

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by mufutau55(m): 6:24pm On Oct 28, 2014
spyder880:

A good back up, there were some serious data which I lost during that crash which I can never recover.

That is why my Library is full of some of the photos you posted that I know of important. You are not the only one that lost data, we your students also lost a lot... because sometimes we can not go back to reminish over the posted messages and photo. Thanks for the journey though, all the ones I stored in my brain will everly be there for present and future use..

Hajji M.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by mufutau55(m): 6:26pm On Oct 28, 2014
spyder880:
We need to pull down the old gate pillars as we are planning to reposition the gates to optimise the use it of this compound.

Can the pillars be re-used? If so, please show the photos when you are re-installing it. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by koman: 6:16am On Oct 29, 2014
spyder880:
We will start working with them today, even as our staircase supports gets ready.

Sir,
You didn't address my question about using marine boards as opposed to the regular boards.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 7:03am On Oct 29, 2014
koman:

Sir,
You didn't address my question about using marine boards as opposed to the regular boards.

Marine boards are very good, but do you know the cost differential between using it and using the wooden boards as shown above? I will want to know too, before I veer off course and end up not completing this decking grin
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 9:19am On Oct 29, 2014
mufutau55:

Can the pillars be re-used? If so, please show the photos when you are re-installing it. Thanks.

Hajji M.

No we are breaking it all up. To be used to fill the road as we plan to build another pillar later

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 9:21am On Oct 29, 2014
The cantilever coming out.......

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 9:22am On Oct 29, 2014
More work on the staircase

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 9:24am On Oct 29, 2014
Ok, lets insert the beam reinforcements......

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 9:26am On Oct 29, 2014
High quality Y16

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by koman: 9:58pm On Oct 29, 2014
spyder880:

Marine boards are very good, but do you know the cost differential between using it and using the wooden boards as shown above? I will want to know too, before I veer off course and end up not completing this decking grin

I spoke with one Engineer that uses marine boards for his construction works,
He said its only wise to use them if your doing a two or three storey building as it can be reused.
But if it's a storey building, wooden board will be ideal as its cheaper.
He also mentioned that not all the carpenters can utilise the marine board for decking platform because the techniques is a bit different from the conventional.
But overall, it gives you a neater finish.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by koman: 2:45am On Nov 01, 2014
The class looks empty, shocked
Are we on strike?
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by FastShipping: 3:06am On Nov 01, 2014
Oga Spyder,

I was just wondering about how we do tiles in Nigeria as compared to other countries. I could be wrong but I find the way we lay tiles in Nigeria to be old fashioned and waste of materials. You are the expert in this business and your view on this issue will be highly appreciated.

Please, watch some of these short videos about how to lay tiles as compared to the way we lay tiles in Nigeria. I want you to have an open mind when viewing the short videos. They are just about 15 minutes total. I want your views about this topic. Could tiles be laid as they were laid in the videos?

I look forward to your reply, sir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOczr9WCVig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY9-DBdt_Vo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y7aRhrTjws

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvEiKp53sZE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUxLs0ketaM
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by CHANCEMAN: 5:08am On Nov 01, 2014
All these videos are they not showing tile laying in America? How about videos from other climes and countries?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

Eko Atlantic Newest Updates In Pictures / Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) / Estimating Building Costs, One Step At A Time.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.