Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (263952 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:08pm On Jun 24, 2013
I love building houses, and the attendant challenges that will inevitably come with it. I love making things happen, and working with skilled men to use materials in creating beautiful designs that will make a superb home. I have just been contracted by a Nairalander to build his house in Port Harcourt. The details are as follows;

Project: A 5 bedroom executive duplex
Client : A Nairalander
Duration: 60 days
Project cost: N8.8m (Foundation-roofing, materials and labour)
Contractor: Ckenneths Homes Nig.

This project will start this week as we arrange to travel down to the city and start work. This house comes with all the latest designs in modern building, granite, decent room arrangement with bigger bedrooms, internal plumbing and electricals, special parapet cornice, stone coated roofing tiles, everything.......

12 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:21pm On Jun 24, 2013
I am already falling into step with PH, even after spending only 5 hours in the city, the blue cabs and traffic......

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:23pm On Jun 24, 2013
Of course I will have to master the flow of traffic, and learn all the names of important locations, how to move from the site to markets and every spot that will make our stay here a huge success.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:28pm On Jun 24, 2013
Now this is the site, on this spot will a mansion grow in 60 days time, I am excited already, join me in this interesting ride as I bring to you, all the "behind the scenes" movements grin

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by OilSubsidy: 10:54pm On Jun 24, 2013
Weldone sir!
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:00pm On Jun 24, 2013
OilSubsidy: Weldone sir!

Thank you my man.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spydee411: 11:27pm On Jun 24, 2013
Did you say 8.8million Naira for a detached house. The budget it not feasible my brother! That money can barely get u to decking not to talk of roofing or plastering

18 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:41pm On Jun 24, 2013
spydee411: Did you say 8.8million Naira for a detached house. The budget it not feasible my brother! That money can barely get u to decking not to talk of roofing or plastering

You have a good point, PH is expensive in most things, from granite to sand and even the labour costs here na die! But I will be pushing the boundaries of focused spending with a deep knowledge about the safest ways to pay lower and get more for less. I will also be coming in with my team of workers from Enugu, and they must agree to work with me in PH with Enugu labour rates. I will build a 'batcher' for them to live on this site.

14 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by jites(m): 12:00am On Jun 25, 2013
reporting to classd, class prefect mark me down. wishing you all the best Oga spyder in this new venture. May no one cheat you, may God lead you to where you will find cheap, genuine and quality building materials. We r all behind you wishing you well and learning.

6 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 12:06am On Jun 25, 2013
jites: reporting to classd, class prefect mark me down. wishing you all the best Oga spyder in this new venture. May no one cheat you, may God lead you to where you will find cheap, genuine and quality building materials. We r all behind you wishing you well and learning.

Amen my brother.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by olubuffett: 12:59am On Jun 25, 2013
spyder880: Now this is the site, on this spot will a mansion grow in 60 days time, I am excited already, join me in this interesting ride as I bring to you, all the "behind the scenes" movements grin

Oya, make you dig hole and start planting the building, we go help you water am. wink
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 1:42am On Jun 25, 2013
Reporting to class . . .

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 3:42am On Jun 25, 2013
olubuffett:

Oya, make you dig hole and start planting the building, we go help you water am. wink

cheesy cheesy Yes ooo, welcome Sir.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 3:42am On Jun 25, 2013
Fhemmmy: Reporting to class . . .

Oga mi, you know I am already expecting you na... cheesy
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by megainvest: 6:18am On Jun 25, 2013
The project cost is unbelievable! I will be amazed if u can pull it off at this cost and if you do, I will personally give you an award. I need a front row seat on this thread.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Osama10(m): 6:57am On Jun 25, 2013
8.8m shocked am building the same thing now and just to DPC already like 2-3m gone.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Junapril(m): 8:53am On Jun 25, 2013
My oga spyder at the top, watching this space like a hawk, you are an element of Change. The type this country needs. CHINA is made up of great minds like YOU. You go,i'll follow.

8 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by frodobee: 9:05am On Jun 25, 2013
Present Sir!
Oga Spyder, a duplex is up for sale in Trans-Ekulu now. I know how versatile you are in matters like this. Check my profile.
Wishing you the best in this new venture.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by frodobee: 9:06am On Jun 25, 2013
Present Sir!
Oga Spyder, a duplex is up for sale in Trans-Ekulu now. I know how versatile you are in matters like this. Check my profile.
Osama10: 8.8m shocked am building the same thing now and just to DPC already like 2-3m gone.
Present Sir!
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:26am On Jun 25, 2013
megainvest: The project cost is unbelievable! I will be amazed if u can pull it off at this cost and if you do, I will personally give you an award. I need a front row seat on this thread.

I am interested in the award my man, I am set to give this a good fight.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Od31(m): 9:27am On Jun 25, 2013
Good to know you are coming to PH. I have been following you post for some time now. You have been a inspiration. I am building some thing like that too in PH. hopefully I will be in country before u finish and it will be great to see your work live! God bless you and favour your work in PH. I will be following this thread faithfully as it will help me. Just finished ground flour! Wow 8.8m is the tight budget in PH oh! But I trust you will do you best!
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:28am On Jun 25, 2013
frodobee: Present Sir!

I wish I can come and look at the house before leaving Enugu, but I am so busy today, will contact you whenever I come back to Enugu.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Costa2000(m): 9:55am On Jun 25, 2013
Oga Spyder doing whats he knows best to do,wishing u goodluck in PH.Nwanne jisie ike.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:31am On Jun 25, 2013
Od31: Good to know you are coming to PH. I have been following you post for some time now. You have been a inspiration. I am building some thing like that too in PH. hopefully I will be in country before u finish and it will be great to see your work live! God bless you and favour your work in PH. I will be following this thread faithfully as it will help me. Just finished ground flour! Wow 8.8m is the tight budget in PH oh! But I trust you will do you best!

I will love to see you when you are back, just give me a shout bro. N8.8 is very tight I know, but I am trying to make it with that amount. The fight will be furious, but I hope to win.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:36am On Jun 25, 2013
Costa2000: Oga Spyder doing whats he knows best to do,wishing u goodluck in PH.Nwanne jisie ike.

I thank you all for believing in our ability, we shall never disappoint you.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Demainman1: 1:53pm On Jun 25, 2013
Prof, Which part of PH is this? Looks like it's a swampy area. Are you doing raft foundation?
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 2:05pm On Jun 25, 2013
spyder880:

Oga mi, you know I am already expecting you na... cheesy

Chairman, i am glad i no disappoint you, for real, you resurrected Property section on NL
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 2:07pm On Jun 25, 2013
Osama10: 8.8m shocked am building the same thing now and just to DPC already like 2-3m gone.

I am sure the 8.8M Naira wont be inclusive of the cost of the land . . . And next time stop being glue handed, give your work to Spyder of NL and you will see savings . . . tongue

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Osama10(m): 2:10pm On Jun 25, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I am sure the 8.8M Naira wont be inclusive of the cost of the land . . . And next time stop being glue handed, give your work to Spyder of NL and you will see savings . . . tongue

No way now, the land no follow. wink

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 2:23pm On Jun 25, 2013
Osama10:

No way now, the land no follow. wink

Good . . . I have always told you to spend money and not be tight fisted . . . Spyderman will show you how it is being done, Yes, you are my Oga at the top, but spend this money you wont take it go heaven to spend oh

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 5:49pm On Jun 25, 2013
Demain_man: Prof, Which part of PH is this? Looks like it's a swampy area. Are you doing raft foundation?

No, this does not require a raft foundation, area is Eliozu. I took time to monitor the environment and saw all the buildings going on around the area. Its dry ground here.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by megainvest: 5:53pm On Jun 25, 2013
Hello Spyder, I have decided not to be just a spectator on this wonderful thread. I want to also contribute to your success. I will be suggesting a few ways I think you can help your client save cash. With your experience, you can let me know if it makes sense. I strongly believe we spend too much on building construction in Nigeria.

My first suggestion has to do with blocks. Do you intend to use 9 inch blocks? If yes, do you think that you can save by adopting framed construction method (beams and columns) with 5inch blocks as cladding or at least for all internal walls? U can still use 9 inch on the external walls.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (87) (Reply)

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.