Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats (50101 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 4:33pm On Oct 21, 2014
Updates. .....

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 4:35pm On Oct 21, 2014
More. ..

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 4:38pm On Oct 21, 2014
Placing concrete columns in between windows, using blocks there will not be good as the blocks might break along the line.

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 4:40pm On Oct 21, 2014
Some columns. .....

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 4:42pm On Oct 21, 2014
Already forming the designed arcs

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 4:43pm On Oct 21, 2014
Above. ......

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 4:46pm On Oct 21, 2014
Rear exit arc

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by mufutau55(m): 6:53pm On Oct 21, 2014
spyder880:
Placing concrete columns in between windows, using blocks there will not be good as the blocks might break along the line.

Are those two concrete columns (pillars) standing on top of the blocks... NOOO, (cleaning eye glasses).
Oga Spyder, this photo tricks is fooling me oh! Make you explain o!. smiley

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by FastShipping: 7:08pm On Oct 21, 2014
These two pillars didn't start from the foundation level. They are standing on blocks. Is there a reason why you did this as they are?

Neat job, though....

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 7:40am On Oct 22, 2014
spyder880:

mufutau55:

Are those two concrete columns (pillars) standing on top of the blocks... NOOO, (cleaning eye glasses).
Oga Spyder, this photo tricks is fooling me oh! Make you explain o!. smiley
Hajji Mufutau

FastShipping:
These two pillars didn't start from the foundation level. They are standing on blocks. Is there a reason why you did this as they are?
Neat job, though....

grin grin l know that you guys will ask this question and that is why I made that comment above to explain the pillars.

The fact is that there is no pillar position there. (According to the structural drawings) no pillar is supposed to stand there, it was supposed to be just block work to demarcate the windows and door position.

I took another look at it, and from experience I know that such tiny block work of only 225 mm will be very prone to break as we build. Remember that a lot of people and material will be entering the house through that door.

I now decided to put rods on top of the blocks, use wood to board it then cast with concrete as against leaving blocks there. To me its stronger than blocks. Yes it is costlier but safer in the end.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by lmmaculatecon: 8:01am On Oct 22, 2014
spyder880:

grin grin l know that you guys will ask this question and that is why I made that comment above to explain the pillars.

The fact is that there is no pillar position there. (According to the structural drawings) no pillar is supposed to stand there, it was supposed to be just block work to demarcate the windows and door position.

I took another look at it, and from experience I know that such tiny block work of only 225 mm will be very prone to break as we build. Remember that a lot of people and material will be entering the house through that door.

I now decided to put rods on top of the blocks, use wood to board it then cast with concrete as against leaving blocks there. To me its stronger than blocks. Yes it is costlier but safer in the end.

@spyder880, good idea from you,but, dont you think the weight of the concrete cast will be heavy on the block and it might cave in with time?........just thinking out loud as a layman.....secondly, dont you think it would have been better to cast if from the ground level/foundation than mid-way on the block...............kudos to you for your excellent job, will sure recommend clients to you who you might build for........thanks......
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 9:18am On Oct 22, 2014
lmmaculatecon:

@spyder880, good idea from you,but, dont you think the weight of the concrete cast will be heavy on the block and it might cave in with time?........just thinking out loud as a layman.....secondly, dont you think it would have been better to cast if from the ground level/foundation than mid-way on the block...............kudos to you for your excellent job, will sure recommend clients to you who you might build for........thanks......

Welcome bros, please recommend me for another job, I want to build another house before the end of the year.

Now, back to the issue at hand. Whenever I build houses, I always think of all aspects of the structure. Making sure not to leave any loose ends that might come back and become an issue later. This is why I prefer my projects to be online, so that everyone can see is and draw me to any thing I might have forgotten.

In this column, I did not leave it to hang on the blocks as previously thought. The column started from the DPC. That's where the blocks would have started anyway.

Picture confirmation.

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 9:22am On Oct 22, 2014
The 9" hollow blocks have a void which I exploited to insert the reinforcement rods and made sure enough moist concrete poured into it to neatly support my improvised columns.

1 Like

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by lmmaculatecon: 9:22am On Oct 22, 2014
Excellent, epic and fantabulous..........l'm satisfied now........thanks....... cool
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 9:25am On Oct 22, 2014
lmmaculatecon:
Excellent, epic and fantabulous..........l'm satisfied now........thanks....... cool

Thank you Sir, Please help me point out anything else which you think I should correct either now or in the future. We want to get better till we become the best.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by mufutau55(m): 2:09pm On Oct 22, 2014
spyder880:
The 9" hollow blocks have a void which I exploited to insert the reinforcement rods and made sure enough moist concrete poured into it to neatly support my improvised columns.

Spyder, thank you for the detail explanations and pictures to proof your theory and practical. It is well thought out and well understood now.
Those pictures speaks plenty words... Fantastic work. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by Onuokwu: 5:29pm On Oct 22, 2014
spyder880:

I just like this guy's "pragmatism over and above" dogma!
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 11:38am On Oct 24, 2014
We have completed the casting of the arc here, and topped up the blocks.

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 11:44am On Oct 24, 2014
Now, we need to deck this house. But a little bit of cost updates grin

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 11:48am On Oct 24, 2014
The foundation of this house cost us a sum total of N2.2m
The block walls and complete chain linking with lintel beams till the stage in the last picture cost a total of N2.3m

Total of N4.5m so far.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 11:51am On Oct 24, 2014
You can even join us for breakfast in this site cheesy

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 24, 2014
spyder880:
The foundation of this house cost us a sum total of N2.2m
The block walls and complete chain linking with lintel beams till the stage in the last picture cost a total of N2.3m

Total of N4.5m so far.

Oga ur costs are reasonable enough,ur doing a great job. What's the total block and cement use excluding dpc. Is there any problem using 6" for internal partitions and can someone use 6" throughout. What's the size of the bedrooms, toilet, staircase and sitting
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 5:18pm On Oct 25, 2014
My carpenters are here, hanging a wooden platform for the decking of this house. Work and update pictures continues here on Monday. Happy weekend everyone.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 26, 2014
spyder880:
My carpenters are here, hanging a wooden platform for the decking of this house. Work and update pictures continues here on Monday. Happy weekend everyone.

Oga @ it seems am asking you much questions but sorry for such and never to ask, let me be watch from reserve bench
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by koman: 8:43pm On Oct 26, 2014
Late comer like me grin

Didn't know that another project was ongoing,
I've gone from page one to the present stage, all thanks to my oga who has ensured that I didn't miss anything even though I came to class very late.

Oga spyder you too much ooooooh!
U no dey dull atall.

This is the making of another master piece.

1 Like

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 3:19pm On Oct 27, 2014
koman:
Late comer like me grin

Didn't know that another project was ongoing,
I've gone from page one to the present stage, all thanks to my oga who has ensured that I didn't miss anything even though I came to class very late.

Oga spyder you too much ooooooh!
U no dey dull atall.

This is the making of another master piece.

You are not late as the party is just starting grin
We shall continue to do our best to satisfy more clients and generally get better at what we do. Welcome bro.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 3:21pm On Oct 27, 2014
We are already standing on the top of the decking platform

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 3:23pm On Oct 27, 2014
Everywhere is looking busy

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 3:25pm On Oct 27, 2014
View of the top........

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 3:27pm On Oct 27, 2014
Almost done with the platform. .....

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 3:29pm On Oct 27, 2014
Our attention is now on the stairwell area, and how to fix the specified staircase for this level of the building.

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 3:31pm On Oct 27, 2014
The staircase area from different directions. ......

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

The Top Four Cheapest Places To Live In Abuja / Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) / A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.