Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Lagos, Rivers, Enugu Lead In IGR Generation In 2013 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos, Rivers, Enugu Lead In IGR Generation In 2013 (10718 Views)

Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR / FG Approves $403m Loan For 4 APC Governors (lagos, Rivers, Ogun & Osun) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos, Rivers, Enugu Lead In IGR Generation In 2013 by ketoprofen(m): 8:40am On Sep 18, 2014
Lagos State increased its lead among the
36 states of the federation in the area of
internally generated revenue (IGR) in
2013, generating about N384.2 billion
compared to N219.2 billion in the
previous year.
This was followed by Rivers State which
also witnessed increased revenue
generation from about N66.2 billion in
2012 to about N87.9 billion the following
year.
In third position was Enugu State with
about N20.2 billion in 2013, up from
about N12.2 billion in 2012.
According to selected states' IGR figures
for 2013 which was released by the
National Bureau of Statistics (NBS)
yesterday, Edo State’s IGR increased by
about N19.2 million to N18.89 billion in
2013 compared to an estimated N18.88
billion in 2012.
However, while Zamfara State also
witnessed an increase in IGR from about
N2.5 billion in 2012 to about N3 billion in
2013, Taraba State's IGR dropped
marginally to about N3.3 billion in 2013,
compared to about N3.4 billion in 2012.
IGR has become a critical fiscal
enhancement tool for states in recent
times amid dwindling oil revenue from the
Federation Account.
Anambra State’s IGR increased to about
N8.7 billion in 2013 compared to about
N7.6 billion the previous year, while Akwa
Ibom also had positive yields for the
period recording about N15.3 billion from
about N13.5 billion in 2012.
IGR for Kwara State improved from about
N11.3 billion in 2012 to about N13.8
billion in 2013, while that of Kogi State
also went up from about N3.1 billion in
2012 to about N5 billion in the period
under review.
Bayelsa State’s IGR stood at about N10.5
billion in 2013 from about N3.6 billion in
However, IGRs for Borno, Yobe and
Adamawa, the three North-east states that
have witnessed the highest levels of
insecurity, as well as Kano, were not
provided for in 2013.
Also left out of the update were Ogun,
Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Sokoto, Jigawa, Imo,
Gombe, Ekiti and Ebonyi States.
Others whose IGR were omitted for the
period under review were Delta, Cross
River, Benue, Bauchi and Abia States.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lagos-rivers-enugu-generated-the-most-igr-in-2013/189296/?utm_content=bufferb8975&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Re: Lagos, Rivers, Enugu Lead In IGR Generation In 2013 by asala1: 8:49am On Sep 18, 2014
Also left out of the update were Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Sokoto, Jigawa, Imo, Gombe, Ekiti and Ebonyi States.
Others whose IGR were omitted for the period under review were Delta, Cross River, Benue, Bauchi and Abia States.

They left out 15 states out of 36. Seems some people are not ready to work.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Enugu Lead In IGR Generation In 2013 by Jakpon: 8:52am On Sep 18, 2014
Kwara state - 13.8 billion

Anambra state - 8.7 billion

intresting !

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Enugu Lead In IGR Generation In 2013 by Nnewi1stSon: 8:52am On Sep 18, 2014
Sullivan! This man always leaves me in awe! What a silent achiever!

15 Likes

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Enugu Lead In IGR Generation In 2013 by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 18, 2014
I thought the State of Osunistan is the 3rd largest Economy after US and China?

Ayotallah Ogbeni Ali Bin Rauf Aragbashola was making N11B per hour in IGR.
Where are the APC miscreants come and defend the Supreme Leader of Osunistan, the Jujuman Freestyling and swinging ontop of Danfo Bus

27 Likes

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Enugu Lead In IGR Generation In 2013 by Jakpon: 8:57am On Sep 18, 2014
BuddahMonk: I thought the State of Osunistan is the 3rd largest Economy after US and China?

Where are the APC miscreants come and defend the Supreme Leader of Osunistan, the Jujuman Freestyling and swinging ontop of Danfo Bus
Shut the fvck up.

Osun state's IGR was omitted for the period under review same as Delta, Cross river, Ogun etc.

What do you make of a sleepy state like Kwara that has an IGR of 13.8 Billion while anambra, your acclaimed pride of the east has a meagre 8.7 billion

27 Likes

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Enugu Lead In IGR Generation In 2013 by edoyad(m): 9:01am On Sep 18, 2014
Kwara state is quite impressive, didn't know the state govt was untop of things. Where is Kaduna's own now ?

8 Likes

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Enugu Lead In IGR Generation In 2013 by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 18, 2014
Omission of some states does not mean the states did not witness increase in IGR.
I think it boils down to unability of the Newspaper to investigate the states and provide their IGR update.
I believe Delta, Ebonyi, Cross River witnessed increase in IGR.

10 Likes

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Enugu Lead In IGR Generation In 2013 by ketoprofen(m): 9:10am On Sep 18, 2014
Well, personally, I don't know how they arrive at these tnz called igr.
But am sure it has to do with differential taxation policies.
What should matter to us citizens is accountability

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Enugu Lead In IGR Generation In 2013 by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:11am On Sep 18, 2014
asala1: Also left out of the update were Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Sokoto, Jigawa, Imo, Gombe, Ekiti and Ebonyi States.
Others whose IGR were omitted for the period under review were Delta, Cross River, Benue, Bauchi and Abia States.

anyone notice that majority of the states left out are APC states?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Enugu Lead In IGR Generation In 2013 by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 18, 2014
N313 b annualy? Lagos State needs to do more and double her efforts.
Well done Fashola and crew
Well done APC

9 Likes

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Enugu Lead In IGR Generation In 2013 by Collynzo17: 9:29am On Sep 18, 2014
Abia's IGR is more than double that of Enugu.
The title of the article is wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Enugu Lead In IGR Generation In 2013 by chinasaekperem3: 9:32am On Sep 18, 2014
real abia IGR is 4billion monthly man, check online carefully. even the likes of ogun, oyo, imo, kano will top enugu.
Re: Lagos, Rivers, Enugu Lead In IGR Generation In 2013 by Collynzo17: 9:34am On Sep 18, 2014
Jakpon: Shut the fvck up.

Osun state's IGR was omitted for the period under review same as Delta, Cross river, Ogun etc.

What do you make of a sleepy state like Kwara that has an IGR of 13.8 Billion while anambra, your acclaimed pride of the east has a meagre 8.7 billion
Kwara state is at least 6 times bigger than Anambra yet they are rubbing shoulders in IGR, don't you have shame?
I thought you guys said land mass was everything.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Enugu Lead In IGR Generation In 2013 by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 18, 2014
Collynzo17: Abia's IGR is more than double that of Enugu.
The title of the article is wrong.
proudly enugu boi! We dey rep well!!
Re: Lagos, Rivers, Enugu Lead In IGR Generation In 2013 by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 18, 2014
Take's a sit.
Why do i tink dis people are also nairalanders.
The release of the other list will lead to full scale blown war on nairaland.
8 Billion for anambra.so much for the most industrious state in d east

4 Likes

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Enugu Lead In IGR Generation In 2013 by oneeast: 9:37am On Sep 18, 2014
All these newspaper based IGRs that does not reflect on the state is nonsensical to say the least! Note that it is what the state supplied to the print media that they print on their newspaper.

So it is possible for any state to wake up one morning and bandy a figure around because you did not collect the IGR for them so how would you know which is real and which is a fake figure?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Enugu Lead In IGR Generation In 2013 by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:38am On Sep 18, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

. . . and the IGR of Kwara State, and APC state, is greater than that of Anambra State.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Enugu Lead In IGR Generation In 2013 by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:41am On Sep 18, 2014
Collynzo17:
Kwara state is at least 6 times bigger than Anambra yet they are rubbing shoulders in IGR, don't you have shame?
I thought you guys said land mass was everything.
Landmass has nothing to do with it. What happened to the industries in Anambra State that Chino makes noise about?

8 Likes

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Enugu Lead In IGR Generation In 2013 by oneeast: 9:43am On Sep 18, 2014
I thought they said you dropped out from Unilorin..is that true? cool

OrlandoOwoh:
Landmass has nothing to do with it. What happened to the industries in Anambra State that Chino makes noise about?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Enugu Lead In IGR Generation In 2013 by chinasaekperem3: 9:45am On Sep 18, 2014
Regardless of huge Federal Allocation estimated at #54 billion naira annually;[size=14pt] Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) of about #48 billion naira annually and #64 billion collected from the Federal account between January and December 2012[/size], by Abia state government; which is exclusive of other allocations such as Derivation (for oil producing states), Excess Crude Account, Domestic Crude Account, Subsidy Reinvestment Programme (SURE-P), Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) refund and Foreign exchange differentials. The dividend of good governance is comprehensively abysmal in the state.

www.saharareporters.com/2013/07/24/abia-state-theodore-orji%E2%80%99s-government-deceit-and-falsehood

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Enugu Lead In IGR Generation In 2013 by dhardline(m): 9:47am On Sep 18, 2014
Let the IGR from the various states be put into good use first of all cause telling the government to increase IGR is telling them to increase tax.have we not been taxed enough yet?especially here in Lagos where the air we breath will soon be taxed.and my street remains untarred since 1990 i moved in here and its in surulere.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Enugu Lead In IGR Generation In 2013 by ketoprofen(m): 9:51am On Sep 18, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

The taxation policy in anambra is low.
The industries chino talks about are real.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Enugu Lead In IGR Generation In 2013 by ak47mann(m): 9:52am On Sep 18, 2014
BuddahMonk: I thought the State of Osunistan is the 3rd largest Economy after US and China?

cheesy that was tooo funny

4 Likes

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Enugu Lead In IGR Generation In 2013 by ketoprofen(m): 9:52am On Sep 18, 2014
dhardline: Let the IGR from the various states be put into good use first of all cause telling the government to increase IGR is telling them to increase tax.have we not been taxed enough yet?especially here in Lagos where the air we breath will soon be taxed.and my street remains untarred since 1990 i moved in here and its in surulere.

my dear, you are right.
Re: Lagos, Rivers, Enugu Lead In IGR Generation In 2013 by oneeast: 9:54am On Sep 18, 2014
That is the point some perverts failed to understand! Its not about bandying IGR figures without substance.. cool

dhardline: Let the IGR from the various states be put into good use first of all cause telling the government to increase IGR is telling them to increase tax.have we not been taxed enough yet?especially here in Lagos where the air we breath will soon be taxed.and my street remains untarred since 1990 i moved in here and its in surulere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Enugu Lead In IGR Generation In 2013 by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 18, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

you're the only one who noticed it. Your brain needs to be formatted.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Enugu Lead In IGR Generation In 2013 by agabusta: 10:07am On Sep 18, 2014
asala1: Also left out of the update were Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Sokoto, Jigawa, Imo, Gombe, Ekiti and Ebonyi States.

Sunnybobo3:

It seems you have an eye problem. I see 5 APC states and 9 PDP states and 1 LP state (Ondo), which is a pseudoPDP state grin.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Enugu Lead In IGR Generation In 2013 by goodslayer: 10:10am On Sep 18, 2014
oneeast: That is the point some perverts failed to understand! Its not about bandying IGR figures without substance.. cool

rubbish if the figure have favoured your village, will you still be spewing this trash. after disgracing you out of nairaland we rarely see you in your kinsmen annihilation blues.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Enugu Lead In IGR Generation In 2013 by IGBOSON1: 10:11am On Sep 18, 2014
Nnewi1stSon: Sullivan! This man always leaves me in awe! What a silent achiever!

^^^That man is a freaking genius! When i tell people he's an astute administrator, people will say i don't know what i'm saying!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Enugu Lead In IGR Generation In 2013 by oneeast: 10:14am On Sep 18, 2014
Tunde Salam when will you get a job so at least you can be busy with your life? Your life runs on the NL like blood runs through the veins! Everybody has matched on your head on this NL but still yet you will not learn any lesson from the constant beating you receive every now and then. I know you still feel hurt for everything that was meted out on you but you need to contain it as a man. Try and get a life outside NL.. cool cheesy

goodslayer:

rubbish if the figure have favoured your village, will you still be spewing this trash. after disgracing you out of nairaland we rarely see you in your kinsmen annihilation blues.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Enugu Lead In IGR Generation In 2013 by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 18, 2014
Dont mind the phool of an oilcloged brain.

Have you seen any kulikuli or pure wota with a Kwara address as the manufacturers location.

The only thing out of Kwara is Tuyil Pharma.
So dont bring Kwara and her subsistence agrarian economy to wager Anambra State.

The Economy of Ekwulobia is bigger than everything that is happening in Kwaranistan.

ketoprofen:

The taxation policy in anambra is low.
The industries chino talks about are real.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Niger Governor Sani Bello Tests Positive For COVID-19 / The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 / Fuel Scarcity In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.