Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Outrageous Brideprice! - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Outrageous Brideprice! (7896 Views)

Why Must Yam Be Brideprice? What If One Demands For Iphone 6? / Ladys How Much Are You Worth? Lobola An APP TO Calculate Your Brideprice ;D / Brideprice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by ifyalways(f): 12:00am On Nov 05, 2008
H2O2:

Who is following you and for what? Please jare don't make me laugh this afternoon; as if you're important.

lol
Mr Important.u are ofcos important to your likes,no argument.
am done with u sha.
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by H2O2: 12:01am On Nov 05, 2008
tope2000:

@h202
lol, please don't make laff
I'm just wondering why you never get along with people on nl esp the ladies
Oh! I didn't intend for it to seem that way.   I love you people, sometimes.

ifyalways:

lol
Mr Important.u are ofcos important to your likes,no argument.
am done with u sha.
I'm sorry. It's not like I meant to hurt your feelings that much. Very sorry to step on your toes. Can we kiss and makeup now? kiss
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by TOYOSI20(f): 12:04am On Nov 05, 2008
lipsrsealed,. . . . . . . angry

Ify how u dey jare. . . . smiley
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by tope2000(f): 12:04am On Nov 05, 2008
H2O2:

Oh! I didn't intend for it to seem that way.   I love you people, sometimes.

So u are not part of nler anymore abi and why only sumtimes plus u always look for trouble too grin
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by ifyalways(f): 12:06am On Nov 05, 2008
H2O2:

Oh! I didn't intend for it to seem that way. I love you people, sometimes.
I'm sorry. It's not like I meant to hurt your feelings that much. Very sorry to step on your toes. Can we kiss and makeup now? kiss
am sorry you thought you hurt my feelings and No i have no NL toe for anyone to step on so please . . . . . .ahead ahead you movekiss. thank you !
@Toyo am fine jare.caught you in the other thread.lol wink
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by TOYOSI20(f): 12:07am On Nov 05, 2008
lol. . . . . . its all in good fun dear. . . . . kiss
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by igwe11(m): 12:12am On Nov 05, 2008
whatever90:

this is d last thing i tot i'd read from u,here i was thinking u r one matured guy

yes igbos r thieves including me and my family,satisfied now?
The issue here is not being satisfied or what have you than to say what you know very much about.Yes is true some parts of igbos do charge high on bride prize for reasons best known to them but generalization of cases like this (NO) is very bad of you and also irritating.
Please for peace to reign, Check out  Nigerian map and the culture of its tribes for proper orientation.
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by presido1: 12:22am On Nov 05, 2008
whatever90:

this is d last thing i tot i'd read from u,here i was thinking u r one matured guy

yes igbos r thieves including me and my family,satisfied now?
Am not satisfied cuz they are not.
Don't cuz of Ngwa ppl and their brideprice brand every Igbo man/woman a thieve. I was supprised when i read that.
It doesn't sound nice. I am not matured cuz i disagreed with ur line. If branding 40 million or more ppl as thieves cuz of action of 0.00001 among them is termed matured, then am not.
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by plusQueen: 12:26am On Nov 05, 2008
A man must show his manliness before he marries
You can't just answer man when we don't see anything manly about you.
Tradition must continue jor
grin
Some people dissing Igbos here for high bride price.
It's actually a SE,SS thing.
Our Girls are not cheap
and it hasn't detered all these Yorubas and Northerners rushing after our women
They are willing to pay the price for us cool
what does that tell you folks?
why don't they go to places where the girls are dashed away like kulikuli grin
abeg make una no vex me
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by whatever90(f): 12:30am On Nov 05, 2008
presido1:

Am not satisfied because they are not.
Don't because of Ngwa people and their brideprice brand every Igbo man/woman a thieve. I was supprised when i read that.
It doesn't sound nice. I am not matured because i disagreed with ur line. If branding 40 million or more people as thieves because of action of 0.00001 among them is termed matured, then am not.
my dads place too charge alot,igbos and their cultures r thieves,im saying it again and again and again

if u r not satisifed,then get off my case

im so done with u
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by plusQueen: 12:33am On Nov 05, 2008
Jenny lighten up.
is this a do or die issue?
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by whatever90(f): 12:34am On Nov 05, 2008
plus_Queen:

Jenny are you Ok?
i should be asking u same
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by plusQueen: 12:35am On Nov 05, 2008
my dear you're taking this thing way too serious.
Making the same generalizations you're quick to denounce when directed at you and your people.
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by whatever90(f): 12:37am On Nov 05, 2008
im taking nothing too serious,i just gave my view,if pple aint comfortable with it,thats really their business undecided
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by MrCrackles(m): 12:38am On Nov 05, 2008
whatever90:

I'm taking nothing too serious,i just gave my view,if people aint comfortable with it,thats really their business undecided

no mind dem jare

Danke the iron lady cheesy
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by presido1: 12:39am On Nov 05, 2008
plus_Queen:

my dear you're taking this thing way too serious.
Making the same generalizations you're quick to denounce when directed at you and your people.
Long Life Babyo.

Janny ride on, no mind anybody jare.
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by H2O2: 12:39am On Nov 05, 2008
So u are not part of nler anymore abi and why only sumtimes  plus u always look for trouble too
Not at the moment, I'm not.  I don't even come here that often.  I'm only a visitor.  I said sometimes because most of you are possessed.
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by plusQueen: 12:40am On Nov 05, 2008
whatever90:

I'm taking nothing too serious,i just gave my view,if people aint comfortable with it,thats really their business undecided

and this is the stellar opinion
kill yourself if u want to,but believe me apology is d last thingy on my mind now

accept the fact that igbos r thieves or leave it

You said it
I hope you can concur when you hear it
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by plusQueen: 12:41am On Nov 05, 2008
presido1:

Long Life Babyo.

Janny ride on, no mind anybody jare.

Ike gwulu!!
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by plusQueen: 12:48am On Nov 05, 2008
so presido have you started saving up?
Now that you know we ain't cheap cool
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by presido1: 12:50am On Nov 05, 2008
Am equal to the task, weda Mbaise or Ngwa.
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by whatever90(f): 12:52am On Nov 05, 2008
@presido

r u still on my case?i said im done with u

@osisi

igbos r thieves wt their traditions,if u read thru u will see where i said anambarians r better in dis bride price but other states r crooks

i dont waste time in saying dat
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by whatever90(f): 12:54am On Nov 05, 2008
plus_Queen:

Jenny lighten up.
is this a do or die issue?
im so busy wt d elections stuff,so blive me nl is d worst of my probs right now,its d pple against my post dat need to take a chill pill,cos im busy wt other things
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by plusQueen: 12:56am On Nov 05, 2008
whatever90:

@osisi

igbos r thieves wt their traditions,if u read through u will see where i said anambarians r better in this bride price but other states r crooks

i don't waste time in saying that

OK
presido1:

Am equal to the task, weda Mbaise or Ngwa.

are you sure?
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by tamai(f): 12:10pm On Nov 05, 2008
You guys are something else.una just dey go on and on. Its so petty.Somebody callin u a thief does not make u one.
so can we pls get back to d topic. sad
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by MadMax1(f): 12:55pm On Nov 05, 2008
Archaic custom. Barbaric to determine your worth as a human being by the bride price or dowry paid. Underlying it is the assumption that a girl child is the property of the man who'll marry her, and the parents are just taking care of her in the meantime. And when the man shows up he has to refund Taking Care of My Property expenses. And then we complain of gender discrimination.

In India the girl's family pays the dowry. Believe it or not, mothers were throwing babies away just a few years ago,if they were female,and keeping the males, because they would receive a dowry in case of the latter,when their son gets married. But they were too poor to afford a dowry if the baby's female. The dowry is their hope of striking it rich,if they're lucky.

Horrid custom that should be outlawed along with a horde of other obnoxious customs we practice, and most of them against females.They can put you through hell if your husband dies in most tribes,like making you go through fetish rituals or 'dashing' you to one of the husband's male relatives, because of this Property Exchange undercurrent behind paying for a bride. She's family property, so you have to go into debt to marry in the east and to please in laws in the west, and fathers in the North can pledge their daughters to suitors while they're a few days old.  It's a practice that demeans women. Educated women can get out of most of the unpleasantness of widowhood,but what about the majoriy of women that never saw the inside of a school who are put through inhuman experiences by the husband's family,and who accepts these things as their fate? All those rubbish customs that are damaging to women should be done away with, a beg.
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by tamai(f): 1:20pm On Nov 05, 2008
Instead of thinking up ways to do away with this and other such practices against womanhood,they were busy
putting up a law against indecent dressing.
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by igwe11(m): 1:22pm On Nov 05, 2008
@ whatever90 or jenny

I can see that you re bittered by your unmarried condition, you should take the anger to your kinsmen not here,your condition has entered your brain that you can't think anymore.

With this your sense of reasoning, who go marry you sef, even if na for free!!!!!!!!!
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by Mgbejume: 2:05pm On Nov 05, 2008
tamai:

Instead of thinking up ways to do away with this and other such practices against womanhood,they were busy

smileylol My dear them no get work oh! no mind them its due to their lack of self control that has created a great lusting urge in them that is making them bring up laws on decent dressing. The fact is that they cant deny a girl looking really hot!!!!! grin When we have just soo much practises against woman hood na body hug and pencil jean de worry them!!!! tongue
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by whatever90(f): 3:21pm On Nov 05, 2008
igwe 1:

@ whatever90 or jenny

I can see that you re bittered by your  unmarried condition, you should take the anger to your kinsmen not here,your condition has entered your brain that you can't think anymore.

With this your sense of reasoning, who go marry you sef, even if na for free!!!!!!!!!

convenanted fools like u ,make we spit on useless men when i see them on d road,be rest assured that if i mistakenly see u on d road,i will not only spit on ur stupidity and foolishness,but also on ur daft brain

who told u ,I'm not married?will u keep quiet and find out first before jumping into stupid conclusions

anu ofia
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by whatever90(f): 3:26pm On Nov 05, 2008
tamai:

tell them

ofcourse they r fools that is why men like that old demented fool called igwe,will log on and post thrash ,that he knows nothing about

talking about marriage ,when he did not even try to find out my status first

ewu
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by igwe11(m): 3:41pm On Nov 05, 2008
whatever90:

tell them

ofcourse they r fools that is why men like that old demented fool called igwe,will log on and post thrash ,that he knows nothing about

talking about marriage ,when he did not even try to find out my status first

ewu
Your re a disgrace to your status,
Is either you paid for your pride price or you followed your spouse without any dowry at all.
How could you be calling everybody thief at your age.
Is uncalled for even when we were telling you to be civil with your choice of words.
Haba!!!!!

Anyway am sorry for irritating you with my post as long as you put your statements right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yorubas May Have Possible Partial Berber (north African Blood) / Africans Are Delusional About Aa's / Learning Yoruba (phonology)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.