Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Nigeria 2015: Igbo In Diaspora Dumpjonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria 2015: Igbo In Diaspora Dumpjonathan (1039 Views)

2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot / 2015: Igbo Will Rule Lagos, Says Umeh / 2015: Igbo Should Wait For Jonathan – Ben Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria 2015: Igbo In Diaspora Dumpjonathan by Rilwayne001: 1:19pm On Sep 18, 2014
Despite the support enjoyed by President Goodluck Jonathan in the five states of the South East geo-political zone, some Igbo in the Diaspora under the aegis of World Igbo Congress, WIC, have enjoined their kits and kin back home to shop for a replacement for the president during the 2015 election.

According to a communiqué issued after its convention, the WIC asked each political party in Nigeria to consider nominating an Igbo as its presidential candidate for the election.

The communiqué dated September 9 signed by WIC Chairman, Larry Udorji, and Secretary General, Cyril Nwaorgu, was released to the media on Wednesday. The convention was held between August 29 and September 1.

The WIC holds conventions annually during which it discusses crucial issues affecting the five Igbo states of Anambra, Abia,Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo.

Mr. Jonathan attended 2014 Convention. Other attendees include the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, and the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Emeka Ihedioha, both Igbo.

In his address to the convention, the president urged Ndigbo (Igbo people) to unite above partisan politics, internal division,external hostility, but “more fundamentally unity in planning and in development as well as in the awakening of the positive Igbo cultural resources.”

He also enumerated the projects and programmes he executed in the five states since he assumed office.

Officials of the Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria, TAN, had announced during its South East rally last month that it collected 1.8 million signatures of the people of the zone asking Mr. Jonathan to seek re-election.

But the WIC, in the communiqué, said it would give consideration and support a nominee of Igbo extraction.

“We call on each political party in Nigeria to give serious consideration to nominating an Igbo as its presidential candidate for the 2015 election to address decades of deliberate and systematic punitive exclusion of Ndigbo in presidential politics,” it said.

“We will consider for support and endorsement parties that give serious consideration to and support for an Igbo nominee for President.

https://m.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/168302-nigeria-2015-igbo-in-diaspora-dump-jonathan.html
Re: Nigeria 2015: Igbo In Diaspora Dumpjonathan by konjakonja(m): 1:30pm On Sep 18, 2014
Ok, heading to shoprite Enugu to shop for Jonathan's replacement I hope to buy it there.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 2015: Igbo In Diaspora Dumpjonathan by 2cato: 1:39pm On Sep 18, 2014
Confuse op. A typical amala and ewedu man is posting what the igbo people disscus in their bedroom.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 2015: Igbo In Diaspora Dumpjonathan by sleekp1: 1:39pm On Sep 18, 2014
And they sent the communique to premiumtimes? No make me laugh
Re: Nigeria 2015: Igbo In Diaspora Dumpjonathan by Rawani: 1:43pm On Sep 18, 2014
I never expected such common sense from this group. I'm impressed, expect the kilobyte combatants to start with their emotional diatribes any minute from now.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria 2015: Igbo In Diaspora Dumpjonathan by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 18, 2014
Jonathan is clueless and I still don't get why Igbos on this section are supporting him.

I am Igbo and won't vote for that man.

Well, Igbo's love supporting mediocrity in the name of 'we love our people'.

...but, that's none of my business. undecided

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria 2015: Igbo In Diaspora Dumpjonathan by Rilwayne001: 2:50pm On Sep 18, 2014
2cato: Confuse op. A typical amala and ewedu man is posting what the igbo people disscus in their bedroom.

undecided undecided

Tell that to premium times not me

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria 2015: Igbo In Diaspora Dumpjonathan by Rilwayne001: 2:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
A comment on that page read thus:

We have done our part... it's left for Home-based to emulate and vote out the Otuoke Clown Prince. Our problem however is those Anambra Ibos and their Atiliogu Dance Troupe, led by Uba Bros, Ezeife, Peter Obi, et al. Sha, I'm optimistic the wave of corrupt and shoddy deals Dumbo has been involved is enough to make our voters see reason to abandon the perpetrators of Abandoned Property policy and natural turncoats. Dr. Dumbo is a common Ijaw thief and Igbos should not be seen as supportive of criminality. A clown who claimed giving Ojukwu state burial as one of his achievements to Ndigbo... Drunkard!

https://m.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/168302-nigeria-2015-igbo-in-diaspora-dump-jonathan.html
Re: Nigeria 2015: Igbo In Diaspora Dumpjonathan by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 18, 2014
Rawani: I never expected such common sense from this group. I'm impressed, expect the kilobyte combatants to start with their emotional diatribes any minute from now.
I am not so impressed considering...
“We call on each political party in Nigeria to give serious consideration to nominating an Igbo as its presidential candidate for the 2015 election to address decades of deliberate and systematic punitive exclusion of Ndigbo in presidential politics,” it said.
They are more bigoted than TAN's Jonathanians

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria 2015: Igbo In Diaspora Dumpjonathan by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 18, 2014
barcanista: I am not so impressed considering...

Keep your mouth shut!At least they are better than you butt lickers.

SEUN COME AND BAN THIS IDIAT AGAIN.
Re: Nigeria 2015: Igbo In Diaspora Dumpjonathan by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 18, 2014
mikeson12:

Whos licking Jona's butt? grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 2015: Igbo In Diaspora Dumpjonathan by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 18, 2014
Those are the enlightened ones who know how a country should be run. Not the ones at home whose brains are ladden with sour okpa and sturdy akpu.
Bunch of irritating fvcktards

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria 2015: Igbo In Diaspora Dumpjonathan by Rawani: 3:21pm On Sep 18, 2014
barcanista: I am not so impressed considering...

Even THEY know any party nominating an Igbo as its presidential candidate for 2015 is an impossibility, not even in Hell's Kitchen.
Re: Nigeria 2015: Igbo In Diaspora Dumpjonathan by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 18, 2014
mikeson12:

So because he pinched you where it pains the most.......you whined and called on S.eun to come and ban him

Is that how low you guys have ridiculed Se.un such that you now call him to come and side with you to discipline a perceived enemy?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 2015: Igbo In Diaspora Dumpjonathan by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 18, 2014
Rawani:

Even THEY know any party nominating an Igbo as its presidential candidate is an impossibility, not even in Hell's Kitchen.
There resolution is incomplete. Maybe they have started to reason Oyegun's Statement. "Vote APC in 2015 and we will give you chance in 2023"

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria 2015: Igbo In Diaspora Dumpjonathan by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 18, 2014
beopened:

So because he pinched you where it pains the most.......you whined and called on S.eun to come and ban him

Is that how low you guys have ridiculed Se.un such that you now call him to come and side with you to discipline a perceived enemy?

Shut your mouth,I was just pointing out the fact that he deserved the ban Seun gave him.
Re: Nigeria 2015: Igbo In Diaspora Dumpjonathan by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 18, 2014
Wether they dump him or not it doesn't matter. Let them come home and vote him out! I.E If they care so much.
Re: Nigeria 2015: Igbo In Diaspora Dumpjonathan by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 18, 2014
barcanista: There resolution is incomplete. Maybe they have started to reason Oyegun's Statement. "Vote APC in 2015 and we will give you chance in 2023"

You guys should take that offer and shove it inside Buhari's anus.
Re: Nigeria 2015: Igbo In Diaspora Dumpjonathan by omenka(m): 4:13pm On Sep 18, 2014
FrancisTony: Jonathan is clueless and I still don't get why Igbos on this section are supporting him.

I am Igbo and won't vote for that man.

Well, Igbo's love supporting mediocrity in the name of 'we love our people'.

...but, that's none of my business. undecided
Re: Nigeria 2015: Igbo In Diaspora Dumpjonathan by Rilwayne001: 4:27pm On Sep 18, 2014
barcanista: There resolution is incomplete. Maybe they have started to reason Oyegun's Statement. "Vote APC in 2015 and we will give you chance in 2023"

He he he grin grin grin

True talk
Re: Nigeria 2015: Igbo In Diaspora Dumpjonathan by johnmartus(m): 4:44pm On Sep 18, 2014
no single party will take them serious you cannot be in your bedroom and demand for ibo president this is a fraud apc should alert
Re: Nigeria 2015: Igbo In Diaspora Dumpjonathan by SLIDEwaxie(m): 4:49pm On Sep 18, 2014
2cato: Confuse op. A typical amala and ewedu man is posting what the igbo people disscus in their bedroom.
isi ewu critic

(1) (Reply)

REVEALED: Nigeria’s Secret Deal With Boko Haram / Why OBJ, IBB Absent At Jonathan’s Second-term Declaration / Is The Minister Of Police Affairs, Abduljelil Adeshiyan From A Motor Park

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.