Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,406 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

Bola Tinubu Returns To Nigeria.... Claims His Trip Was To Learn From Experienced - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bola Tinubu Returns To Nigeria.... Claims His Trip Was To Learn From Experienced (1164 Views)

Dasukigate, Arms Deal Scandal: Tinubu Returns N9m To FG / Tinubu Returns Stolen Money! / Bola Tinubu Returns From The Uk (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bola Tinubu Returns To Nigeria.... Claims His Trip Was To Learn From Experienced by Societyreporter(m): 4:15am On Sep 19, 2014
Former Governor Bola Tinubu of Lagos State, who is also one of the national leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC), returned to Lagos today after a prolonged trip abroad and denied rumors that he was seriously ill.

Speaking to reporters at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos, Mr. Tinubu said he was never indisposed during his trip abroad. He added that he was asking God to forgive those who spread rumors about his ill health.

“I’m as fit as a fiddle,” said the former governor. He added: “There was nothing wrong before I left the country. We had the Osun gubernatorial election and I’d planned a long vacation and some other research assignments in the political arena. It was to learn from people who had experienced the development of opposition parties in the past.”

Defending the apparent secrecy about his location abroad, Mr. Tinubu said, “I don’t have to disclose to people my vacation location. But it was very shocking and sad that there were speculations about my health. This is a sign of the lack of trust people have for leadership in the country.

Read More Here: http://www.societyreportersng.com/index.php/news-and-reports/item/677-apc-leader-bola-tinubu-returns-to-nigeria-claims-his-trip-was-to-learn-from-experienced-people-on-tackling-opposition-parties
Re: Bola Tinubu Returns To Nigeria.... Claims His Trip Was To Learn From Experienced by donpata(m): 4:42am On Sep 19, 2014
Abi u go India collect otimopko 4 2015
Re: Bola Tinubu Returns To Nigeria.... Claims His Trip Was To Learn From Experienced by hushmail: 5:12am On Sep 19, 2014
why deny being sick?

In 9ja its difficult to find any polithievian his age who is not on medication

3 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu Returns To Nigeria.... Claims His Trip Was To Learn From Experienced by segzyj(m): 5:30am On Sep 19, 2014
Okay Welcome Jagaban. How Was the Orientation they gave you?
Re: Bola Tinubu Returns To Nigeria.... Claims His Trip Was To Learn From Experienced by Gbawe2: 5:44am On Sep 19, 2014
hushmail: why deny being sick?

How about showing class by giving others the benefit of the doubt when you have nothing tangible to back your suspicion? The man says he is well and you are insisting he is denying being sick when you do not have access to his medical records or anything else that supports your opinion. Why not just accept what has come from the Horses mouth and leave it at that ?
Re: Bola Tinubu Returns To Nigeria.... Claims His Trip Was To Learn From Experienced by davdandam(m): 5:44am On Sep 19, 2014
Hahaha tinubu went to learn chisosssss Nigerians won't kee me, what is he learning abeg?politics or insurgency? Smh. .....

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu Returns To Nigeria.... Claims His Trip Was To Learn From Experienced by davdandam(m): 5:46am On Sep 19, 2014
Gbawe2:

How about showing class by giving others the benefit of the doubt when you have nothing tangible to back your suspicion? The man says he is well and you are insisting he is denying being sick when you do not have access to his medical records or anything else that supports your opinion. Why not just accept what has come from the Horses mouth and leave it at that ?
Same way every one accepted what came from the horses mouth concerning oritsejafor and the jet. ...abegi it's Nigeria, every one has freedom of thinking and expression.

3 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu Returns To Nigeria.... Claims His Trip Was To Learn From Experienced by Nobody: 5:49am On Sep 19, 2014
always blaming the leadership of the country any time things doesn't favor him.

the leadership of the country is now the journalist , I bet you were happy the number of times GEJ was rumored of been sick in Germany.

2 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu Returns To Nigeria.... Claims His Trip Was To Learn From Experienced by Gbawe2: 5:55am On Sep 19, 2014
davdandam:
Same way every one accepted what came from the horses mouth concerning oritsejafor and the jet. ...abegi it's Nigeria, every one has freedom of thinking and expression.

That is a different matter. Tinubu's health is a private issue for the man and his family to deal with in so far as he is not your Senator or Governor. People who know their place and understand the limits of decency will agree that the only option is to accept what Tinubu reveals because the man's health is his own private affair same as I cannot forcefully ransack your pocket to see if you indeed have ten Naira, as you claim, since your money has nothing to do with me anyway and I should simply take your word for it and mind my own business.

You cannot compare that to the highly unsavoury situation whereby a jet linked to the leader of CAN is used to ferry almost $10 million to SA which has now being claimed officially by the government of Nigeria which act on the behalf of all Nigerians making them direct stakeholders. Nigeria has a serious issue with corruption and the unlawful diversion/theft of public funds. All Nigerians are stakeholders in this development and can have an opinion over the actions of our Government that has brought Nigeria more disrepute. Tinubu's health, if we are being truthful, is not the business of most Nigerian let alone for anyone to be feeling they have the right to question what the man himself has stated as the official situation. We should learn to respect boundaries, as is done throughout the world, and concern ourselves with what we have a legitimate stake in.

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu Returns To Nigeria.... Claims His Trip Was To Learn From Experienced by Nobody: 6:03am On Sep 19, 2014
Gbawe2:

Gbawe who ban you?

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu Returns To Nigeria.... Claims His Trip Was To Learn From Experienced by abu12: 6:31am On Sep 19, 2014

U are a big fooll, so anybody on medication is sick to the extend they can't recognise their family, where u the one that admit him to a hospital bed?
Re: Bola Tinubu Returns To Nigeria.... Claims His Trip Was To Learn From Experienced by brainpower(m): 7:09am On Sep 19, 2014
Please can someone explain to me what he meant by "lack of trust for leadership in the country"? I am confused about that. Was he angry and complaining that Nigerians do not trust him?
Re: Bola Tinubu Returns To Nigeria.... Claims His Trip Was To Learn From Experienced by brainpower(m): 7:16am On Sep 19, 2014
Please can someone make me understand what he meant by " lack of trust for leadership in the country"? I am confused. Was he angry that and complaining because people do not trust him?
Re: Bola Tinubu Returns To Nigeria.... Claims His Trip Was To Learn From Experienced by hushmail: 7:17am On Sep 19, 2014
abu12:

U are a big fooll, so anybody on medication is sick to the extend they can't recognise their family, where u the one that admit him to a hospital bed?

smart guy
only those on admission r sick?
4 ur info it will b dificult to find a 9ja above 60 who isnt on medication
Re: Bola Tinubu Returns To Nigeria.... Claims His Trip Was To Learn From Experienced by GowonAbacha: 7:20am On Sep 19, 2014

The progressive actually said he wasn't sick and there's no way u can change that stetement. Why put sickness on the head of our beloved?
Re: Bola Tinubu Returns To Nigeria.... Claims His Trip Was To Learn From Experienced by gunuvi(m): 7:24am On Sep 19, 2014
tinubu was sick and now feeling better now. simple.
jaganan stop lying. shotigbo?
Re: Bola Tinubu Returns To Nigeria.... Claims His Trip Was To Learn From Experienced by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 19, 2014
“I’m as fit as a fiddle,” said the former governor. He added: “There was nothing wrong before I left the country. We had the Osun gubernatorial election and I’d planned a long vacation and some other research assignments in the political arena. It was to learn from people who had experienced the development of opposition parties in the past.”
Welcome Sir, be rest assured that we are on top of PDP's case and we are giving them heat here grin
Re: Bola Tinubu Returns To Nigeria.... Claims His Trip Was To Learn From Experienced by Rufex07(m): 9:05am On Sep 19, 2014
dem go hear am!
Re: Bola Tinubu Returns To Nigeria.... Claims His Trip Was To Learn From Experienced by RagaMufeen(m): 9:12am On Sep 19, 2014
Tinubu weh nearly died is still here talking rubbish. You will meet God soon.

(1) (Reply)

Soldier Arrested For Cutting Pastor's Hair / We Are Coming – Boko Haram ‘writes Warning Letter’ To Abuja Barracks / Boko Haram: Russia To Supply Nigeria Arms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.