Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

My Endorsement By PDP Governors An ‘atomic Bomb’ – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Endorsement By PDP Governors An ‘atomic Bomb’ – Jonathan (2586 Views)

Bauchi Presidential Rally Was Attacked By PDP Supporters - Yuguda / Children Scramble In Gutters For Noodles,sweets Thrown By PDP In Lagos (photo) / My Endorsement Of Jonathan In November Was A 'Spiritual Drama' - Rev Fr Mbaka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Endorsement By PDP Governors An ‘atomic Bomb’ – Jonathan by unuane1(m): 6:42am On Sep 19, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan said
Thursday he was “humbled and
overwhelmed” by the decision of his
party, the Peoples Democratic Party,
PDP, to endorse him as the sole
candidate for the 2015 election.
In what appeared his first official
remarks indicating an interest in a fresh
tenure, Mr. Jonathan said he will not
disappoint the party that trusted him
well to offer the mandate, and promised
to raise his performance if “re-elected”,
according to the News Agency of
Nigeria.
Mr. Jonathan was reacting to his
endorsement by the party’s National
Executive Committee, NEC, the
governors and the Board of Trustees,
between Wednesday and Thursday.
The NEC is the highest organ of the
PDP. His endorsement by the party
means no other candidate can seek the
party’s nomination for the 2015
presidential elections.
Mr. Jonathan said his endorsement by
the governors in particular is like an
“atomic bomb”.
In his comments however, Mr.
Jonathan refrained from formally
accepting or rejecting the endorsement,
apparently since he has yet to officially
announce a bid for a re-election as
Nigeria’s president.
Mr. Jonathan said he would soon make
a formal statement regarding his
adoption by the party, and added that
“the endorsement by NEC today caps it
all and I remain most grateful”.
“I am so overwhelmed that I lack the
words to express my gratitude. I am
humbled by the confidence reposed in
me, and I consider it as a big challenge,
and from now on, I will triple my efforts
in order not to disappoint you,” he said.
Boko Haram: Things will change by
mid-October
The president said tremendous
progress is being made in the war
against Boko Haram and promised his
party members that victory is on the
horizon.
“God willing, between now and the
middle of October things will change,”
he said.
Mr. Jonathan repeated his usual
explanation of the insurgency, saying
terrorism is a global challenge.
“A meeting to discuss global terrorism
will be discussed during United Nations
General Assembly, and it will be chaired
by US president, Barack Obama.
“Initially, I planned not to attend the
Assembly this year, and I was expecting
either the Minister or Vice President to
go, but I will be attending specifically
because of the meeting on global
terrorism,” he said.
Nigeria is Ebola free
Mr. Jonathan said the country has
succeeded in taming the outbreak of
Ebola in the country, adding that efforts
are still in place to ensure that the
success recorded is maintained.
He said many countries were alarmed
when Ebola was first reported in the
country because, according to him
“Nigerians travel a lot”.
The president recalled that a UK
diplomat once told him that the UK
embassy in Lagos issues more Visa to
Nigerians more than any other of their
embassies in the world.
“For that reason the world was alarmed
when Ebola came to Nigeria. However,
let me inform you all that presently,
there is no Ebola in Nigeria,” he said.
“We have also fortified all our legal
entry points at the moment such that
things like Sawyer will not come in
again,” Mr. Jonathan said.

https://m.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/168329-my-endorsement-by-pdp-governors-an-atomic-bomb-jonathan.html

3 Likes

Re: My Endorsement By PDP Governors An ‘atomic Bomb’ – Jonathan by Raypawer(m): 6:50am On Sep 19, 2014
ok, good

2 Likes

Re: My Endorsement By PDP Governors An ‘atomic Bomb’ – Jonathan by Nobody: 6:58am On Sep 19, 2014
Back to sender grin

1 Like

Re: My Endorsement By PDP Governors An ‘atomic Bomb’ – Jonathan by Nctrice(m): 7:01am On Sep 19, 2014
OK! So now let the opposition and its e-soldiers start reading meaning to the Metaphorical "Atomic Bomb"!!! Let the party beginnnnnnnnnn!

4 Likes

Re: My Endorsement By PDP Governors An ‘atomic Bomb’ – Jonathan by AbuMaryam1(m): 7:09am On Sep 19, 2014
Why this guy always talk of bomb?

3 Likes

Re: My Endorsement By PDP Governors An ‘atomic Bomb’ – Jonathan by Nobody: 7:14am On Sep 19, 2014
We shall use the Atomic Bomb to Bomb you out of Power come Feb 14, 2015.

3 Likes

Re: My Endorsement By PDP Governors An ‘atomic Bomb’ – Jonathan by Eghosa1(m): 7:41am On Sep 19, 2014
Giving the current situation, was the bomb the appropriate word to use. Lol. Jonathan surely is the only sellable candidate from the PDP aside Sule Lamido. He deserves another tenure in my opinion solely because the opposition has failed in its duties of checkmating or applauding when due.

5 Likes

Re: My Endorsement By PDP Governors An ‘atomic Bomb’ – Jonathan by vikkyboboski(m): 8:17am On Sep 19, 2014
gud for Him!
Re: My Endorsement By PDP Governors An ‘atomic Bomb’ – Jonathan by fx45(m): 10:05am On Sep 19, 2014
AbuMaryam1: Why this guy always talk of bomb?
Why won't he talk about bombs? He will keep shouting to the rooftops till terrorists like U stop strapping it around U body and blowing up people and places...

Thanks to Jonathan, Ur brothers and colleagues in Borno are currently being decimated in their numbers by our gallant forces. What can U do about it? Nothing! Better still, U can go get more bombs and finish up what the NA has started... The end is near.

GEJ till 2019.... Haters should Go And Die!

8 Likes

Re: My Endorsement By PDP Governors An ‘atomic Bomb’ – Jonathan by DaWorshiper(m): 10:09am On Sep 19, 2014
Wow! He's so used to bombs he lacks a better word for perfect description. Smh

1 Like

Re: My Endorsement By PDP Governors An ‘atomic Bomb’ – Jonathan by pelvicky(m): 10:13am On Sep 19, 2014
barcanista: We shall use the Atomic Bomb to Bomb you out of Power come Feb 14, 2015.
u nid to be banned again!! PDP is moving forward.
Re: My Endorsement By PDP Governors An ‘atomic Bomb’ – Jonathan by eleojo23: 10:13am On Sep 19, 2014
Ok. Make it worth it.
Re: My Endorsement By PDP Governors An ‘atomic Bomb’ – Jonathan by feedthenation(m): 12:16pm On Sep 19, 2014
But he that his mandate is only for one term.

It shows being in power in very sweet.

Good luck to Goodluck Jonathan in his political adventure for 2nd term.
Re: My Endorsement By PDP Governors An ‘atomic Bomb’ – Jonathan by wite111(m): 1:16pm On Sep 19, 2014
unuane1: President Goodluck Jonathan said
Thursday he was “humbled and
overwhelmed” by the decision of his
party, the Peoples Democratic Party,
PDP, to endorse him as the sole
candidate for the 2015 election.
In what appeared his first official
remarks indicating an interest in a fresh
tenure, Mr. Jonathan said he will not
disappoint the party that trusted him
well to offer the mandate, and promised
to raise his performance if “re-elected”,
according to the News Agency of
Nigeria.
Mr. Jonathan was reacting to his
endorsement by the party’s National
Executive Committee, NEC, the
governors and the Board of Trustees,
between Wednesday and Thursday.
The NEC is the highest organ of the
PDP. His endorsement by the party
means no other candidate can seek the
party’s nomination for the 2015
presidential elections.
Mr. Jonathan said his endorsement by
the governors in particular is like an
“atomic bomb”.
In his comments however, Mr.
Jonathan refrained from formally
accepting or rejecting the endorsement,
apparently since he has yet to officially
announce a bid for a re-election as
Nigeria’s president.
Mr. Jonathan said he would soon make
a formal statement regarding his
adoption by the party, and added that
“the endorsement by NEC today caps it
all and I remain most grateful”.
“I am so overwhelmed that I lack the
words to express my gratitude. I am
humbled by the confidence reposed in
me, and I consider it as a big challenge,
and from now on, I will triple my efforts
in order not to disappoint you,” he said.
Boko Haram: Things will change by
mid-October
The president said tremendous
progress is being made in the war
against Boko Haram and promised his
party members that victory is on the
horizon.
“God willing, between now and the
middle of October things will change,”
he said.
Mr. Jonathan repeated his usual
explanation of the insurgency, saying
terrorism is a global challenge.
“A meeting to discuss global terrorism
will be discussed during United Nations
General Assembly, and it will be chaired
by US president, Barack Obama.
“Initially, I planned not to attend the
Assembly this year, and I was expecting
either the Minister or Vice President to
go, but I will be attending specifically
because of the meeting on global
terrorism,” he said.
Nigeria is Ebola free
Mr. Jonathan said the country has
succeeded in taming the outbreak of
Ebola in the country, adding that efforts
are still in place to ensure that the
success recorded is maintained.
He said many countries were alarmed
when Ebola was first reported in the
country because, according to him
“Nigerians travel a lot”.
The president recalled that a UK
diplomat once told him that the UK
embassy in Lagos issues more Visa to
Nigerians more than any other of their
embassies in the world.
“For that reason the world was alarmed
when Ebola came to Nigeria. However,
let me inform you all that presently,
there is no Ebola in Nigeria,” he said.
“We have also fortified all our legal
entry points at the moment such that
things like Sawyer will not come in
again,” Mr. Jonathan said.

https://m.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/168329-my-endorsement-by-pdp-governors-an-atomic-bomb-jonathan.html
.Wow!Ebola patients now buying the blood of Ebola survivors as a treatment for Ebola.Read more here: http://..nl/2014/09/ebola-patients-turning-to-black-market.html
Re: My Endorsement By PDP Governors An ‘atomic Bomb’ – Jonathan by wite111(m): 1:19pm On Sep 19, 2014
wite111: .Wow!Ebola patients now buying the blood of Ebola survivors as a treatment for Ebola.Read more here: http://..nl/2014/09/ebola-patients-turning-to-black-market.html
Re: My Endorsement By PDP Governors An ‘atomic Bomb’ – Jonathan by vedaxcool(m): 1:27pm On Sep 19, 2014
Shameless man, I don't blame u, na people wey see failure like you and still endorse you, na imm I blame.

4 Likes

Re: My Endorsement By PDP Governors An ‘atomic Bomb’ – Jonathan by Kx: 1:31pm On Sep 19, 2014
All dat comes to mind after seeing this is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYcypYsLobk
Re: My Endorsement By PDP Governors An ‘atomic Bomb’ – Jonathan by philantoxx(m): 1:55pm On Sep 19, 2014
atomic bomb ke.please don't detonate it oo
Re: My Endorsement By PDP Governors An ‘atomic Bomb’ – Jonathan by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 19, 2014
The PDP know that given the present political reality, there is no better candidate than GEJ.

Those that would have made trouble, have left the party and pitched their tent elsewhere. Now we see that the problem of PDP were those trouble makers that left the party. I hope they don't cause trouble in their new party and bring it down like they wanted to do to the PDP.

APC might toe this line too...
Re: My Endorsement By PDP Governors An ‘atomic Bomb’ – Jonathan by chinasaekp3rem: 2:34pm On Sep 19, 2014
I am Chinemerem Emmanuel Okpan, a young and cool dude. I am Hiv positive and need a relationship. Thanks

Re: My Endorsement By PDP Governors An ‘atomic Bomb’ – Jonathan by omenka(m): 2:40pm On Sep 19, 2014
Yeye talk. cheesy
Re: My Endorsement By PDP Governors An ‘atomic Bomb’ – Jonathan by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
fx45:
Why won't he talk about bombs? He will keep shouting to the rooftops till terrorists like U stop strapping it around U body and blowing up people and places...

Thanks to Jonathan, Ur brothers and colleagues in Borno are currently being decimated in their numbers by our gallant forces. What can U do about it? Nothing! Better still, U can go get more bombs and finish up what the NA has started... The end is near.

GEJ till 2019.... Haters should Go And Die!

Just take a look at the mentality of the average Igbo Halfwit, So you just quote a guy and start calling him a terrorist because he has a Hausa name?

And the halfwit (along with his fellow idiots rallying to like his post) thinks he just dealt some sort of blow undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Endorsement By PDP Governors An ‘atomic Bomb’ – Jonathan by 100Cents: 3:03pm On Sep 19, 2014
GEJ till 2019...
Re: My Endorsement By PDP Governors An ‘atomic Bomb’ – Jonathan by DonaldGenes(m): 3:10pm On Sep 19, 2014
barcanista: We shall use the Atomic Bomb to Bomb you out of Power come Feb 14, 2015.

So,

Re: My Endorsement By PDP Governors An ‘atomic Bomb’ – Jonathan by Ikhilor(m): 3:55pm On Sep 19, 2014
So far he's done well and can still do better. He deserve's a new term in office to build on the developments already undertaken by his administration. Stability is vital.
Re: My Endorsement By PDP Governors An ‘atomic Bomb’ – Jonathan by blueheart(m): 4:55pm On Sep 19, 2014
No internal democracy. Am disappointed angry
Re: My Endorsement By PDP Governors An ‘atomic Bomb’ – Jonathan by KwoiZabo(m): 5:07pm On Sep 19, 2014
I love the part he said that we have closed all legal entry into the country so that things like sawyer will not come in again. cheesy
Re: My Endorsement By PDP Governors An ‘atomic Bomb’ – Jonathan by KwoiZabo(m): 5:09pm On Sep 19, 2014
blueheart: No internal democracy. Am disappointed angry
come on shut up. Go and buy form na and see if they won't sell for you, then you go and embarrass your descendants on the day of primaries. grin
Re: My Endorsement By PDP Governors An ‘atomic Bomb’ – Jonathan by fx45(m): 5:34pm On Sep 19, 2014
dragan:

Just take a look at the mentality of the average Igbo Halfwit, So you just quote a guy and start calling him a terrorist because he has a Hausa name?

And the halfwit (along with his fellow idiots rallying to like his post) thinks he just dealt some sort of blow undecided
U're an imbeci1e! U wan buy market? Wetin concern U for the matter? Yes, I called him a terrorist because he's a terrorist. Deal with it. Cry Ur own cry and allow the terrorist to answer for himself...

Stvpid conehead!
Re: My Endorsement By PDP Governors An ‘atomic Bomb’ – Jonathan by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
lmao grin
Re: My Endorsement By PDP Governors An ‘atomic Bomb’ – Jonathan by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 19, 2014
fx45:
U're an imbeci1e! U wan buy market? Wetin concern U for the matter? Yes, I called him a terrorist because he's a terrorist. Deal with it. Cry Ur own cry and allow the terrorist to answer for himself...

Stvpid conehead!

What a Halfwit! undecided wasting his pathetic life typing crap on the Internet.
Re: My Endorsement By PDP Governors An ‘atomic Bomb’ – Jonathan by fx45(m): 8:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
dragan:

What a Halfwit! undecided wasting his pathetic life typing crap on the Internet.
I don't indulge imbeci1es... Go and find someone else to play with. I'm not interested. Get a life and stay off my mentions.

Stvpid conehead!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Political Stunt! Meet Mallam Nuhu Ribadu The Herdsman (PHOTOS) / Nairaland Is Controlled By The White Man / BREAKING: President’s “evil” Actions Destroying Nigerian democracy - Obasanjo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.