Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,626 members, 7,770,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:56 PM

Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? (42253 Views)

A Photographic Tour Of Southwest Nigerian Peoples / Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? / Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? by ezeagu(m): 5:51pm On Nov 03, 2008
What I want you lot to do is post celebrities (photos or text) who are part of the African diaspora (e.g Beyonce, typical, and, I don't know. . . Michelle Obama  ) and talk about where they look like they (or their family) originally came from in Africa. For example for Brazilian footballer Pele maybe you would say he looks Nigerian or preferably (and more helpfully) an ethnic group like he looks Yoruba or Hausa, Asante etc. All this is just a fun way of seeing what typical facial features , body builds etc. that are common amongst Africans because I'm a bit bad at spotting who looks like what. Don't take posts as fact or a way of claiming anybody (because African like to do that a lot) it's just fun.  wink
Re: Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? by MrCrackles(m): 5:56pm On Nov 03, 2008
Don Cheadle but i doubt he has any links to Nigeria!!
Re: Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? by tpia: 6:09pm On Nov 03, 2008
Re: Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? by AmakaOne(f): 6:15pm On Nov 03, 2008
Omar Epps looks like one nollywood actor, I forget his name
Re: Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? by ezeagu(m): 6:20pm On Nov 03, 2008
tpia:

Michelle Obama looks Igbo isnt that what you want to hear?

many AAs also have Arab blood which is generally unreported, so yes some of them look like Africans, seeing how a lot of Africans are also mixed with something or the other.

How do you know what and what I don't want to hear? Jealousy. . . . . .
Re: Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? by MsLurker(f): 6:22pm On Nov 03, 2008
Don Cheadle is so damn hot to me.
Re: Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? by ezeagu(m): 6:27pm On Nov 03, 2008
Don Cheadle found out he was Cameroonian
Re: Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? by Busybody2(f): 7:18pm On Nov 03, 2008
Pele looks Ghanaian to me.

Rhiana looks like an Ibo girl.

Busta Rhymes looks like an Hausa guy.
Re: Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 03, 2008
Hausa ke? Busta looks Igbo. smiley

Morris Chestnut looks Yoruba.
Re: Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? by Busybody2(f): 7:24pm On Nov 03, 2008
stillwater:

Hausa ke? Busta looks Igbo. smiley

Morris Chestnut looks Yoruba.

Noooo, Busta looks a cattle rearer, picture him in a danshiki tongue

Neyo looks like a yoruba guy, I am sure his name is Tunde sef grin
Re: Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? by Busybody2(f): 7:30pm On Nov 03, 2008
JenniferHudson looks like a Yoruba girl called Bose.

Andre3000 looks like an Hausa guy

Big Boi looks like a Yoruba guy.

R.Kelly looks Yoruba.

Usher looks Igbo with his round head.

Ray J looks Yoruba.

Nelly looks like a by-product of Ondo dad and Edo mum.

Brandy looks Igbo.
Re: Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? by ezeagu(m): 8:04pm On Nov 03, 2008
Busy_body:

R.Kelly looks Yoruba.

Ray J looks Yoruba.

Brandy looks Igbo.

I think R. Kelly looks Congolese
Re: Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? by MrCrackles(m): 8:32pm On Nov 03, 2008
Busy_body:

Noooo, Busta looks a cattle rearer, picture him in a danshiki tongue

Neyo looks like a yoruba guy, I am sure his name is Tunde sef grin

nah Busta Rhymes dont look hausa

He looks like an Alaba Merchant! grin
Re: Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? by plusQueen: 8:38pm On Nov 03, 2008
Monique looks like this woman that ran a beer parlour near my street at Aba
Re: Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? by plusQueen: 8:40pm On Nov 03, 2008
Busy_body:

R.Kelly looks Yoruba.

Ray J looks Yoruba.

Brandy looks Igbo.

Usher looks like a Koala bear abeg
Re: Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? by ezeagu(m): 8:41pm On Nov 03, 2008
What about Beyonce, is she too mixed to tell?
Re: Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? by ezeagu(m): 8:42pm On Nov 03, 2008
Kelly Rowland looks sort of Gambian etc. all those far Western countries.
Re: Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? by plusQueen: 8:46pm On Nov 03, 2008
Steve Harvey and his big kpomo lips looks like a typical ___ man lipsrsealed
Re: Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? by Busybody2(f): 8:46pm On Nov 03, 2008
MrCrackles:

nah Busta Rhymes don't look hausa

He looks like an Alaba Merchant! grin

No look again, his jaws looks like that of a he-goat, Hausa men too have that same jaw. It's just that he does not have the same bean-pole stature typical of the Hausa man grin
Re: Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? by OrumbaS89(f): 8:47pm On Nov 03, 2008
Beyonce looks like an igbo/liberia crash with a dash of white.
Re: Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? by plusQueen: 8:47pm On Nov 03, 2008
ezeagu:

What about Beyonce, is she too mixed to tell?

There are plenty Igbo girls with features just like her and they are 100% African
Re: Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? by ezeagu(m): 8:48pm On Nov 03, 2008
lil Wayne - Igbo! lol grin
Re: Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? by MrCrackles(m): 8:49pm On Nov 03, 2008
Busy_body:

No look again, his jaws looks like that of a he-goat, Hausa men too have that same jaw. It's just that he does not have the same bean-pole stature typical of the Hausa man grin

nah love u getting it all twisted!! cheesy

Busta doesnt look like Yaro or Adamu, he looks like Ezeugo or Apkan!!
Re: Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? by Busybody2(f): 8:50pm On Nov 03, 2008
plus_Queen:

Usher looks like a Koala bear abeg

grin grin grin He still looks like an Emeka though cheesy
Re: Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? by ezeagu(m): 8:51pm On Nov 03, 2008
plus_Queen:

There are plenty Igbo girls with features just like her and they are 100% African

I was just saying because her mum is Creole (Tina Knowels)
Re: Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? by ezeagu(m): 8:52pm On Nov 03, 2008
What about her sister Solange Knowels?
Re: Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? by plusQueen: 8:54pm On Nov 03, 2008
Busy_body:

Hausas have the jaw of a he-goat?
God forgive you
ROFL
Look at IBB and his round face like someone from Ekwulobia.
Re: Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? by Busybody2(f): 8:54pm On Nov 03, 2008
MrCrackles:

nah love u getting it all twisted!! cheesy

Busta doesnt look like Yaro or Adamu, he looks like Ezeugo or Apkan!!

Nah, check out those slitty chinko[i]ish[/i] eyes again, dem Eze's and Akpan's eyeballs resemble snake own, always darting about especially when they see ego tongue
Re: Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? by MrCrackles(m): 8:55pm On Nov 03, 2008
Busy_body:

Nah, check out those slitty chinko[i]ish[/i] eyes again, them Eze's and Akpan's eyeballs resemble snake own, always darting about especially when they see ego tongue

u don mara! grin

so who do u look like? cheesy
Re: Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? by Busybody2(f): 8:56pm On Nov 03, 2008
ezeagu:

What about her sister Solange Knowels?

She definitely does not look West or South African, can't place my fingers on where she is from with her freakishly high cheekbones.
Re: Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? by Busybody2(f): 9:00pm On Nov 03, 2008
plus_Queen:

Hausas have the jaw of a he-goat?
God forgive you
ROFL
Look at IBB and his round face like someone from Ekwulobia.

I don't really wanna go there, but gay people's feature always change to take on feminine features, maybe it's the way they apply their make-up lipsrsealed Try and photoshop or mentally imagine Babangida or Mike Adenuga with a wig on their head to get a drift of what I am talking about cheesy
Re: Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? by Busybody2(f): 9:04pm On Nov 03, 2008
MrCrackles:

u don mara! grin

so who do u look like? cheesy

I was created in the image of God cool

Okay seriously, joke aside, I look loke a mixture of Beyonce and Christina Milian cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) / Oba Goriola Oseni Kidnapped In Lagos, Guard Killed, Wife Injured / Masquerade Climbing Electric Pole In Kogi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.