Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,508 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? - Autos (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? (16377 Views)

Control Fuel Consumption And Location Of Your Fleet, Just With One SOLUTION..... / How To Reduce Your Fuel Consumption And Save More Money / How Reliable Both Volvo S60, S40 And Maintenance Cost Effective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? by eledacedar(f): 2:28pm On Oct 14, 2014
CityNG:

IT DOES NOT WORK. You're just repeating the placebo effects or you're an MLM marketer.

There's nothing that you can add to fuel that will give you better economy.

You're 20 years behind me in technology. We went through this 20 years ago in the US and it was proven that it's a fallacy.

It didn't work for you and you're just repeating what you've been told by your MLM handlers.

Submit a verification test done by an independent laboratory.

The simple truth you just mentioned sir. The PLACEBO effect. MLM handlers.

I'm also waiting to read about an independent lab test. Especially here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? by eledacedar(f): 2:32pm On Oct 14, 2014
samisparkle24:

Guy,you are entitle to your opinion,you definitely a doubting thomas.
I used XFT,I know it works,likewise,my customers,so i careless of your opinion,please SAVE it.

Alhaji SamiDeen. I dey Lagos o. I wan sell market. Hope say ram still dey freezer 4 me? grin
Re: Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 14, 2014
eledacedar:

Alhaji SamiDeen. I dey Lagos o. I wan sell market. Hope say ram still dey freezer 4 me? grin
Send me your number,i sent you my email
Re: Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 14, 2014
eledacedar:

Welcome to this thread CityNG.

I'm not your guest.

Post the lab proof that your snake oil works. Stop fleecing the motoring public.
Re: Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? by eledacedar(f): 8:42pm On Oct 14, 2014
CityNG:

I'm not your guest.

Post the lab proof that your snake oil works. Stop fleecing the motoring public.

Take it easy CityNG. Your response shows you really haven't gone through some previous posts on this thread especially mine.

FYI, I fleece nobody.
Re: Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 14, 2014
eledacedar:

Take it easy CityNG. Your response shows you really haven't gone through some previous posts on this thread especially mine.

FYI, I fleece nobody.

Unless your previous post was laboratory proof then you're just pissing in the wind.

The product simple doesn't work as claimed on this thread.

Anyone selling this product is engaged in fleecing the motoring public. It's that simple.
Re: Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? by eledacedar(f): 9:02pm On Oct 14, 2014
CityNG:

Unless your previous post was laboratory proof then you're just pissing in the wind.

The product simple doesn't work as claimed on this thread.

Anyone selling this product is engaged in fleecing the motoring public. It's that simple.

Fight dey your blood o. Carry on. As if say Na u be first person to say the thing no dey work. Park 1 side joor.
Re: Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 14, 2014
eledacedar:

Fight dey your blood o. Carry on. As if say Na u be first person to say the thing no dey work. Park 1 side joor.

Unfortunately for you I'm an Autoist and cannot in good judgement stand by and watch you guys fleece the motoring public with your snake oil scheme.

If you have independent laboratory results, instead of just repeating MLM ploys, then I will apologize. Until then I'm not swerving or parking.

I've said this before, the average Nigerian is worse and ding more damage than the government. We all have our part to play.

Some educative readings to potential users - http://www.carbibles.com/snakeoil.html

"The Psychological Placebo

You have to wonder, with the volume of evidence accumulating against oil additives, why so many of us still buy them. That's the million-dollar question, and it's just as difficult to answer as why so many of us smoke cigarettes, drink hard liquor or engage in any other number of questionable activities. We know they aren't good for us - but we go ahead and do them anyway.

Part of the answer may lie in what some psychiatrists call the psychological placebo effect. Simply put, that means that many of us hunger for that peace of mind that comes with believing we have purchased the absolute best or most protection we can possibly get.

Even better, there's that wonderfully smug feeling that comes with thinking we might be a step ahead of the pack, possessing knowledge of something just a bit better than everyone else.

Then again, perhaps it comes from an ancient, deep-seated need we all seem to have to believe in magic. There has never been any shortage of unscrupulous types ready to cash in on our willingness to believe that there's some magical mystery potion we can buy to help us lose weight, grow hair, attract the opposite sex or make our engines run longer and better. I doubt that there's a one of us who hasn't fallen for one of these at least once in our lifetimes. We just want it to be true so bad that we can't help ourselves.
Testimonial Hype vs. Scientific Analysis

In general, most producers of oil additives rely on personal testimonials to advertise and promote their products. A typical print advertisement will be one or more letters from a satisfied customer stating something like, 1 have used Brand X in my engine for 2 years and 50,000 miles and it runs smoother and gets better gas mileage than ever before. I love this product and would recommend it to anyone.

Such evidence is referred to as anecdotal and is most commonly used to pro mote such things as miracle weight loss diets and astrology.

Whenever I see one of these ads I am reminded of a stunt played out several years ago by Allen Funt of Candid Camera that clearly demonstrated the side of human nature that makes such advertising possible.

With cameras in full view, fake product demonstrators would offer people passing through a grocery store the opportunity to taste-test a new soft drink. What the victims didn't know was that they were being given a horrendous concoction of castor oil, garlic juice, tabasco sauce and several other foul-tasting ingredients. After taking a nice, big swallow, as instructed by the demonstrators, the unwitting victims provided huge laughs for the audience by desperately trying to conceal their anguish and disgust. Some literally turned away from the cameras and spit the offending potion on the floor.

The fascinating part came when about one out of four of the victims would actually turn back to the cameras and proclaim the new drink was Great or Unique or, in several cases, One of the best things I've ever tasted! Go figure.

The point is, compiling personal testimonials for a product is one of the easiest things an advertising company can do - and one of the safest, too. You see, as long as they are only expressing some one else's personal opinion, they don't have to prove a thing! It's just an opinion, and needs no basis in fact whatsoever.

On the other hand, there has been documented, careful scientific analysis done on numerous oil additives by accredited institutions and researchers.

For example:

Avco Lycoming, a major manufacturer of aircraft engines, states, We have tried every additive we could find on the market, and they are all worthless.

Briggs and Stratton, renowned builders of some of the most durable engines in the world, says in their report on engine oil additives, They do not appear to offer any benefits.

North Dakota State University conducted tests on oil additives and said in their report, The theory sounds good - the only problem is that the products simply don't work.

And finally, Ed Hackett, chemist at the University of Nevada Desert Research Center, says, Oil additives should not be used. The oil companies have gone to great lengths to develop an additive pack age that meets the vehicle's requirements. If you add anything to this oil you may upset the balance and prevent the oil from performing to specification.

Petrolon, Inc., of Houston, Texas, makers of Petrolon and producers of at least a dozen other lubrication products containing PTFE, including Slick 50 and Slick 30 Motorcycle Formula, claim that, Multiple tests by independent laboratories have shown that when properly applied to an automotive engine, Slick 50 Engine Formula reduces wear on engine parts. Test results have shown that Slick 50 treated engines sustained 50 percent less wear than test engines run with premium motor oil alone.

Sounds pretty convincing, doesn't it?

The problem is, Petrolon and the other oil additive companies that claim scientific evidence from independent laboratories, all refuse to identify the laboratories that conducted the tests or the criteria under which the tests were conducted. They claim they are contractually bound by the laboratories to not reveal their identities.

In addition, the claim of 50 percent less wear has never been proven on anything approaching a long-term basis. Typical examples used to support the additive makers' claims involve engines run from 100 to 200 hours after treatment, during which time the amount of wear particles in the oil decreased. While this has proven to be true in some cases, it has also been proven that after 400 to 500 hours of running the test engines invariably reverted to producing just as many wear particles as before treatment, and in some cases, even more.

No matter what the additive makers would like you to believe, nothing has been proven to stop normal engine wear.

You will note that all of the research facilities quoted in this article are clearly identified. They have no problem with making their findings public. You will also note that virtually all of their findings about oil additives are negative. That's not because we wanted to give a biased report against oil additives - it's because we couldn't find a single laboratory, engine manufacturer or independent research facility who would make a public claim, with their name attached to it, that any of the additives were actually beneficial to an engine. The conclusion seems inescapable.

As a final note on advertising hype versus the real world, we saw a television ad the other night for Slick 50 oil additive. The ad encouraged people to buy their product on the basis of the fact that, Over 14 million Americans have tried Slick 50! Great. We're sure you could just as easily say, Over 14 million Americans have smoked cigarettes! -but is that really any reason for you to try it? Of course not, because you've seen the scientific evidence of the harm it can do. The exact same principle applies here.
Like the site? The page you're reading is free, but if you like what you see and feel you've learned something, a small donation to help pay down my car loan would be appreciated. Thank you.
In Conclusion

The major oil companies are some of the richest, most powerful and aggressive corporations in world. They own multi-million dollar research facilities manned by some of the best chemical engineers money can hire. It is probably safe to say that any one of them has the capabilities and resources at hand in marketing, distribution, advertising, research and product development equal to 20 times that of any of the independent additive companies. It therefore stands to reason that if any of these additive products were actually capable of improving the capabilities of engine lubricants, the major oil companies would have been able to determine that and to find some way to cash in on it.

Yet of all the oil additives we found, none carried the name or endorsement of any of the major oil producers.

In addition, all of the major vehicle and engine manufacturers spend millions of dollars each year trying to increase the longevity of their products, and millions more paying off warranty claims when their products fail. Again, it only stands to reason that if they thought any of these additives would increase the life or improve the performance of their engines, they would be actively using and selling them - or at least endorsing their use.

Instead, many of them advise against the use of these additives and, in some cases, threaten to void their warranty coverage if such things are found to be used in their products.

In any story of this nature, absolute facts are virtually impossible to come by. Opinions abound. Evidence that points one direction or the other is avail able, but has to be carefully ferreted out, and is not always totally reliable or completely verifiable.

In this environment, conclusions reached by known, knowledgeable experts in the field must be given a certain amount of weight. Conclusions reached by unknown, unidentifiable sources must be discounted almost totally. That which is left must be weighed, one side against the other, in an attempt to reach a reasonable conclusion.

In the case of oil additives, there is a considerable volume of evidence against their effectiveness. This evidence comes from well-known and identifiable expert sources, including independent research laboratories, state universities, major engine manufacturers, and even NASA.

Against this rather formidable barrage of scientific research, additive makers offer not much more than their own claims of effectiveness, plus questionable and totally unscientific personal testimonials. Though the purveyors of these products state they have studies from other independent laboratories supporting their claims, they refuse to identify the labs or provide copies of the research. The only test results they will share are those from their own testing departments, which must, by their very nature, be taken with a rather large grain of salt.

You should also note that the AA (UK Automobile Assosciation) has since also carried out tests on Slick-50 type friction reducers and concluded the same: they generally result in blocked oil filters."

Read more: http://www.carbibles.com/snakeoil.html#ixzz3G9XQqfJH

2 Likes

Re: Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? by eledacedar(f): 9:40pm On Oct 14, 2014
CityNG:

Unfortunately for you I'm an Autoist and cannot in good judgement stand by and watch you guys fleece the motoring public with your snake oil scheme.

If you have independent laboratory results, instead of just repeating MLM ploys, then I will apologize. Until then I'm not swerving or parking.

I've said this before, the average Nigerian is worse and ding more damage than the government. We all have our part to play.

Some educative readings to potential users - http://www.carbibles.com/snakeoil.html

You have to wonder, with the volume of evidence accumulating against oil additives, why so many of us still buy them. That's the million-dollar question, and it's just as difficult to answer as why so many of us smoke cigarettes, drink hard liquor or engage in any other number of questionable activities. We know they aren't good for us - but we go ahead and do them anyway.

Part of the answer may lie in what some psychiatrists call the psychological placebo effect. Simply put, that means that many of us hunger for that peace of mind that comes with believing we have purchased the absolute best or most protection we can possibly get.

Even better, there's that wonderfully smug feeling that comes with thinking we might be a step ahead of the pack, possessing knowledge of something just a bit better than everyone else.

Then again, perhaps it comes from an ancient, deep-seated need we all seem to have to believe in magic. There has never been any shortage of unscrupulous types ready to cash in on our willingness to believe that there's some magical mystery potion we can buy to help us lose weight, grow hair, attract the opposite sex or make our engines run longer and better. I doubt that there's a one of us who hasn't fallen for one of these at least once in our lifetimes. We just want it to be true so bad that we can't help ourselves.

In general, most producers of oil additives rely on personal testimonials to advertise and promote their products. A typical print advertisement will be one or more letters from a satisfied customer stating something like, 1 have used Brand X in my engine for 2 years and 50,000 miles and it runs smoother and gets better gas mileage than ever before. I love this product and would recommend it to anyone.

Such evidence is referred to as anecdotal and is most commonly used to pro mote such things as miracle weight loss diets and astrology.

Whenever I see one of these ads I am reminded of a stunt played out several years ago by Allen Funt of Candid Camera that clearly demonstrated the side of human nature that makes such advertising possible.

With cameras in full view, fake product demonstrators would offer people passing through a grocery store the opportunity to taste-test a new soft drink. What the victims didn't know was that they were being given a horrendous concoction of castor oil, garlic juice, tabasco sauce and several other foul-tasting ingredients. After taking a nice, big swallow, as instructed by the demonstrators, the unwitting victims provided huge laughs for the audience by desperately trying to conceal their anguish and disgust. Some literally turned away from the cameras and spit the offending potion on the floor.

The fascinating part came when about one out of four of the victims would actually turn back to the cameras and proclaim the new drink was Great or Unique or, in several cases, One of the best things I've ever tasted! Go figure.

The point is, compiling personal testimonials for a product is one of the easiest things an advertising company can do - and one of the safest, too. You see, as long as they are only expressing some one else's personal opinion, they don't have to prove a thing! It's just an opinion, and needs no basis in fact whatsoever.

On the other hand, there has been documented, careful scientific analysis done on numerous oil additives by accredited institutions and researchers.

For example:

Avco Lycoming, a major manufacturer of aircraft engines, states, We have tried every additive we could find on the market, and they are all worthless.

Briggs and Stratton, renowned builders of some of the most durable engines in the world, says in their report on engine oil additives, They do not appear to offer any benefits.

North Dakota State University conducted tests on oil additives and said in their report, The theory sounds good - the only problem is that the products simply don't work.

And finally, Ed Hackett, chemist at the University of Nevada Desert Research Center, says, Oil additives should not be used. The oil companies have gone to great lengths to develop an additive pack age that meets the vehicle's requirements. If you add anything to this oil you may upset the balance and prevent the oil from performing to specification.

Petrolon, Inc., of Houston, Texas, makers of Petrolon and producers of at least a dozen other lubrication products containing PTFE, including Slick 50 and Slick 30 Motorcycle Formula, claim that, Multiple tests by independent laboratories have shown that when properly applied to an automotive engine, Slick 50 Engine Formula reduces wear on engine parts. Test results have shown that Slick 50 treated engines sustained 50 percent less wear than test engines run with premium motor oil alone.

The problem is, Petrolon and the other oil additive companies that claim scientific evidence from independent laboratories, all refuse to identify the laboratories that conducted the tests or the criteria under which the tests were conducted. They claim they are contractually bound by the laboratories to not reveal their identities.

In addition, the claim of 50 percent less wear has never been proven on anything approaching a long-term basis. Typical examples used to support the additive makers' claims involve engines run from 100 to 200 hours after treatment, during which time the amount of wear particles in the oil decreased. While this has proven to be true in some cases, it has also been proven that after 400 to 500 hours of running the test engines invariably reverted to producing just as many wear particles as before treatment, and in some cases, even more.

No matter what the additive makers would like you to believe, nothing has been proven to stop normal engine wear.

You will note that all of the research facilities quoted in this article are clearly identified. They have no problem with making their findings public. You will also note that virtually all of their findings about oil additives are negative. That's not because we wanted to give a biased report against oil additives - it's because we couldn't find a single laboratory, engine manufacturer or independent research facility who would make a public claim, with their name attached to it, that any of the additives were actually beneficial to an engine. The conclusion seems inescapable.

As a final note on advertising hype versus the real world, we saw a television ad the other night for Slick 50 oil additive. The ad encouraged people to buy their product on the basis of the fact that, Over 14 million Americans have tried Slick 50! Great. We're sure you could just as easily say, Over 14 million Americans have smoked cigarettes! -but is that really any reason for you to try it? Of course not, because you've seen the scientific evidence of the harm it can do. The exact same principle applies here.
Like the site? The page you're reading is free, but if you like what you see and feel you've learned something, a small donation to help pay down my car loan would be appreciated. Thank you.
In Conclusion

The major oil companies are some of the richest, most powerful and aggressive corporations in world. They own multi-million dollar research facilities manned by some of the best chemical engineers money can hire. It is probably safe to say that any one of them has the capabilities and resources at hand in marketing, distribution, advertising, research and product development equal to 20 times that of any of the independent additive companies. It therefore stands to reason that if any of these additive products were actually capable of improving the capabilities of engine lubricants, the major oil companies would have been able to determine that and to find some way to cash in on it.

Yet of all the oil additives we found, none carried the name or endorsement of any of the major oil producers.

In addition, all of the major vehicle and engine manufacturers spend millions of dollars each year trying to increase the longevity of their products, and millions more paying off warranty claims when their products fail. Again, it only stands to reason that if they thought any of these additives would increase the life or improve the performance of their engines, they would be actively using and selling them - or at least endorsing their use.

Instead, many of them advise against the use of these additives and, in some cases, threaten to void their warranty coverage if such things are found to be used in their products.

In any story of this nature, absolute facts are virtually impossible to come by. Opinions abound. Evidence that points one direction or the other is avail able, but has to be carefully ferreted out, and is not always totally reliable or completely verifiable.

In this environment, conclusions reached by known, knowledgeable experts in the field must be given a certain amount of weight. Conclusions reached by unknown, unidentifiable sources must be discounted almost totally. That which is left must be weighed, one side against the other, in an attempt to reach a reasonable conclusion.

In the case of oil additives, there is a considerable volume of evidence against their effectiveness. This evidence comes from well-known and identifiable expert sources, including independent research laboratories, state universities, major engine manufacturers, and even NASA.

Against this rather formidable barrage of scientific research, additive makers offer not much more than their own claims of effectiveness, plus questionable and totally unscientific personal testimonials. Though the purveyors of these products state they have studies from other independent laboratories supporting their claims, they refuse to identify the labs or provide copies of the research. The only test results they will share are those from their own testing departments, which must, by their very nature, be taken with a rather large grain of salt.

You should also note that the AA (UK Automobile Assosciation) has since also carried out tests on Slick-50 type friction reducers and concluded the same: they generally result in blocked oil filters."

I wonder why people like u will just open your mouth and start talking anyhow when you only came on in the middle of a conversation.

I mentioned before you joined the thread that the product doesn't work.

I mentioned before you joined the thread that what they market is MLM which to me is a scam.

I mentioned before you joined the thread that it sells based on the placebo effect.

So what new thing are you saying? Instead of you to know people's position before jumping to conclusion, you are just running your engine like automatic transmission.

Oga, go manual joor. Pause and reason before you start blabbing.
Re: Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 14, 2014
eledacedar:

I wonder why people like u will just open your mouth and start talking anyhow when you only came on in the middle of a conversation.

I mentioned before you joined the thread that the product doesn't work.

I mentioned before you joined the thread that what they market is MLM which to me is a scam.

I mentioned before you joined the thread that it sells based on the placebo effect.

So what new thing are you saying? Instead of you to know people's position before jumping to conclusion, you are just running your engine like automatic transmission.

Oga, go manual joor. Pause and reason before you start blabbing.

Your position is of no concern to me.

What are you afraid of?

By the way you don't open your mouth online to type.

1 Like

Re: Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? by eledacedar(f): 9:51pm On Oct 14, 2014
CityNG:

Your position is of no concern to me.

What are you afraid of?

By the way you don't open your mouth online to type.

OK. We don hear. Then you havent heard of speech to text or text to speech( or youve refused to upgrade) Welcome to the world of XFT. You either agree it works or not. Chikena.
Re: Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 14, 2014
eledacedar:

OK. We don hear. Then you havent heard of speech to text or text to speech( or youve refused to upgrade) Welcome to the world of XFT. You either agree it works or not. Chikena.

I don't use speech to text so why would you assumed I used speech to text?

The product doesn't work and is detrimental to engines.

I wonder how many engines that this product has ruined in Nigeria.

You can attack me all day, I don't mind as I'm immune to snake oil MLM schemers.
Re: Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? by eledacedar(f): 10:01pm On Oct 14, 2014
CityNG:

I don't use speech to text so why would you assumed I used speech to text?

The product doesn't work and is detrimental to engines.

I wonder how many engines that this product has ruined in Nigeria.

You can attack me all day, I don't mind as I'm immune to snake oil MLM schemers.

For your info, I'm not into snake oil and I don't peddle any MLM so I don't give a hoot. Even your oyibo sef no match the kind pedigree wey u dey form.

That you don't use it doesn't mean others don't.
Re: Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 14, 2014
eledacedar:

For your info, I'm not into snake oil and I don't peddle any MLM so I don't give a hoot. Even your oyibo sef no match the kind pedigree wey u dey form.

That you don't use it doesn't mean others don't.

Then you have nothing to worry about.

The intent of my posting is against those morally flexible that are selling, promoting, encouraging or supporting those that market snake oil to unsuspecting Nigerian motorists.

As far as your Oyinbo comment, I am not in charge of your inferiority complex, that's all on you.

Your snake oil DOES NOT WORK. Those that are using it have been swindled by MLM marketers. People smoke and drink alcohol also, but they know it's bad for their health.
Re: Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? by Nobody: 12:17am On Oct 15, 2014
CityNG:

For example:

In Conclusion

Guy,am sorry to say,you are a big fool.
Bring a lab proof,that XFT doesnt work.
Re: Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? by Nobody: 12:43am On Oct 15, 2014
samisparkle24:

Guy,am sorry to say,you are a big fool.
Bring a lab proof,that XFT doesnt work.

Oh you can call me names all day, I'm immune to that. Your character of someone willing to fleece his fellow countrymen for money speaks for itself.

"In this environment, conclusions reached by known, knowledgeable experts in the field must be given a certain amount of weight. Conclusions reached by unknown, unidentifiable sources must be discounted almost totally. That which is left must be weighed, one side against the other, in an attempt to reach a reasonable conclusion."

You can call me a fool but you will never be able to call me morally flexible to sell snake oil that doesn't work.

Like I said earlier the onus of proof that the product that you sell is on you the seller. I have provided proof upon proof that your product and types of your product are mere snake oil that does not work.

Not only does your product not work but it has the capability to destroy the engines of vehicles in which they are used.

1 Like

Re: Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? by Nobody: 12:54am On Oct 15, 2014
CityNG:

Oh you can call me names all day, I'm immune to that. Your character of someone willing to fleece his fellow countrymen for money speaks for itself.

"In this environment, conclusions reached by known, knowledgeable experts in the field must be given a certain amount of weight. Conclusions reached by unknown, unidentifiable sources must be discounted almost totally. That which is left must be weighed, one side against the other, in an attempt to reach a reasonable conclusion."

You can call me a fool but you will never be able to call me morally flexible to sell snake oil that doesn't work.

Like I said earlier the onus of proof that the product that you sell is on you the seller. I have provided proof upon proof that your product and types of your product are mere snake oil that does not work.

Not only does your product not work but it has the capability to destroy the engines of vehicles in which they are used.
Keep preaching guy,while am making sale.
I shall be dropping,my sale soon,am targeting corporate places,have been sending proposal and CD of product presentation,once dey call me for product.i shall drop their contacts. If you like,start contacting them that it doexnt work,yo get work to do

1 Like

Re: Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? by Nobody: 12:58am On Oct 15, 2014
samisparkle24:

Keep preaching guy,while am making sale.
I shall be dropping,my sale soon,am targeting corporate places,have been sending proposal and CD of product presentation,once dey call me for product.i shall drop their contacts. If you like,start contacting them that it doexnt work,yo get work to do

"As a final note on advertising hype versus the real world, we saw a television ad the other night for Slick 50 oil additive. The ad encouraged people to buy their product on the basis of the fact that, Over 14 million Americans have tried Slick 50! Great. We're sure you could just as easily say, Over 14 million Americans have smoked cigarettes! -but is that really any reason for you to try it? Of course not, because you've seen the scientific evidence of the harm it can do. The exact same principle applies here."

Being non morally flexible is a virtue.

1 Like

Re: Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? by Nobody: 1:04am On Oct 15, 2014
CityNG:

"As a final note on advertising hype versus the real world, we saw a television ad the other night for Slick 50 oil additive. The ad encouraged people to buy their product on the basis of the fact that, Over 14 million Americans have tried Slick 50! Great. We're sure you could just as easily say, Over 14 million Americans have smoked cigarettes! -but is that really any reason for you to try it? Of course not, because you've seen the scientific evidence of the harm it can do. The exact same principle applies here."

Being non morally flexible is a virtue.
Guy,its 1AM here in naija,i dey go sleep. Got places to go for marketing.
Have checked your profile,will checkout your sites,when i have time,no beef broda,we can still do biz together.
Re: Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? by Nobody: 1:39am On Oct 15, 2014
samisparkle24:

Guy,its 1AM here in naija,i dey go sleep. Got places to go for marketing.
Have checked your profile,will checkout your sites,when i have time,no beef broda,we can still do biz together.

Find a product that works and spend your energy on marketing that instead.

Travel overseas for 2 weeks, attend auto trade shows and bring back ideas that will benefit Nigerian auto industry.
Re: Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? by andre82(m): 7:44am On Oct 15, 2014
@ CityNG, eledacar has been on the side of "it don't work" since d start of this thread. She's had to contend with Tunfol's irrationality and disrespect and Samisparkle's whatever attitude. In fairness, I don't think she or he deserves to be attacked d way u did. For the fact dt she even stated the obvious to u, pls bro; let's just take it down a notch. Ur comments shd be directed to Tunfol (where d guy go sef) and Samisparkle. I have a friend that uses XFT and does d MLM stuff, I've bought it and I don't see any difference in fuel consumption so I don't believe it works, but this is a country that pple will sell anything just to make money and brainswash pple 2buy. IMO, no be anybody's fault. Though we say it's a free world, but even in the free world, there's got 2be rules...@ Eledacar, keep fighting d good fight, @ CityNG, I've bn following u. Keep informing us, @ Samisparkle, keep selling 'UR' good stuff. @ Tunfol, where u dey sef
Re: Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 15, 2014
andre82:
@ CityNG, eledacar has been on the side of "it don't work" since d start of this thread. She's had to contend with Tunfol's irrationality and disrespect and Samisparkle's whatever attitude. In fairness, I don't think she or he deserves to be attacked d way u did. For the fact dt she even stated the obvious to u, pls bro; let's just take it down a notch. Ur comments shd be directed to Tunfol (where d guy go sef) and Samisparkle. I have a friend that uses XFT and does d MLM stuff, I've bought it and I don't see any difference in fuel consumption so I don't believe it works, but this is a country that pple will sell anything just to make money and brainswash pple 2buy. IMO, no be anybody's fault. Though we say it's a free world, but even in the free world, there's got 2be rules...@ Eledacar, keep fighting d good fight, @ CityNG, I've bn following u. Keep informing us, @ Samisparkle, keep selling 'UR' good stuff. @ Tunfol, where u dey sef
Thanks bro,that is the spirit. We all are entitle to our opinion.
I use XFT,and people that have sold it to,have not complaint so far.
If someone says,it doesnt work,i dont care,it works for me,and that is enough for me.
Wanting to impose your thought is what i detest,you dont know me,dont try to point accusing finger that am a fraud.
I got a job,am not desperate to sell,if it doesnt work,i wont sell,i got integrity,yet i wont proof myself to you,i dont owe you.
I do welcome varying thought, but,we should exhibit mutual respect. When you people,keep saying,you selling to ignorant motorist,its definitely,insult to my person.
Re: Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? by TUNFOL: 9:13am On Oct 15, 2014
You see the way people think and react to issues baffle me. I am saying it the uptenth time. I am not here to convince anyone that XFT works. I use it and it works for me. I use it for my customers and it works for them. I make more sales everyday and build my business. Show proofs that XFT don't work, all you could do is to post some some articles that are not specifically related to the product. A generalised position that does not address the specific.too much for education. Oh! You do not know that XFT is about the best fuel additive that recognized in the US by the Enviromenal Protection Agency (EPA) and international Automobile Engineers. You waana know why Oil companies are not advertising and marketing it shei? Logically, the profit of all companies come from sales of fuel. The faster you burn your gasn the higher their turnover. Now, you have a product that reduces fuel comsuption. What that means is that, you are reducing turnover of fuel. So which business man does that? It is just commonsensical. If you wanna get details of documentation and proofs, you can do independent reserch, with an open mind. Have you used XFT. Before? Obviously NO, because you have a sealed mind against fuel additive. When you see a fake currency note, it should simply tell you original exists somewhere sir. The best way to learn is to have an open mind. If you need videos of various proofs and documentation backing up XFT, drop your mail for Samisparkle. I am sure he will. Get them for you.uote author=samisparkle24 post=27154803]
If someone says,it doesnt work,i dont care,it works for me,and that is enough for me.
Wanting to impose your thought is what i detest,you dont know me,dont try to point accusing finger that am a fraud.
I got a job,am not desperate to sell,if it doesnt work,i wont sell,i got integrity,yet i wont proof myself to you,i dont owe you.
I do welcome varying thought, but,we should exhibit mutual respect. When you people,keep saying,you selling to ignorant motorist,its definitely,insult to my person.
[/quote]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? by TUNFOL: 9:14am On Oct 15, 2014
To you, I reserve my comment.
andre82:
Re: Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 15, 2014
andre82:

If you feel I've violated a NL TOS then click the button but the certainly don't need a lecture from you.

You guys need to stop cuddling up to scam artists.
Re: Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 15, 2014
samisparkle24:

It's a product THAT DOES NOT WORK and if we follow the money we'll find out that those who say it works are in on the MLM scheme too.
Re: Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? by andre82(m): 12:01pm On Oct 15, 2014
CityNG:

If you feel I've violated a NL TOS then click the button but the certainly don't need a lecture from you.

You guys need to stop cuddling up to scam artists.
And who says we r cuddling up to scam artists or where in my posts did cuddling up 2scam artists come up? Puleez, no one is lecturing u, who am I?
Re: Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 15, 2014
andre82:
And who says we r cuddling up to scam artists or where in my posts did cuddling up 2scam artists come up? Puleez, no one is lecturing u, who am I?

You should probably avoid getting into this and stop quoting me. But it's your choice.

In my opinion anyone, after reading all the web write ups and with the seller not submitting any proof from an independent lab, that doesn't speak up is partly culpable.

I don't need you to follow me, I need you to do research on the subject and post your own individual opinion.

This is snake oil that not only not work as claimed but also ruins the engine.

No wonder some of you guys are running around with cel.
Re: Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? by andre82(m): 12:36pm On Oct 15, 2014
1st of all, I'm not following you cos ua Mr Know All, not also cos what u say or post is always correct. I choose to pick what applies and what doesn't, the consequences are mine only. I don't recall asking u for advise on my car or asking for ur opinion on a car issue. In as much as I'm not advocating for snake oil or any fuel additives, I'm less concerned about any lab tests or result. Ua the research guy clearly judging from ur earlier posts. I've used XFT and it clearly doesn't work and I'm not promoting it. Those that r doing that r in MLMs. Note that I'm not @ daggers with u in anyway, u can be the autoist, and if I'm not, it doesn't make ur personality better than mine. I can either benefit from ur posts or not. Whatever knowledge one has, it's either for ur own good and that of mankind or it's just plain poo. This is just my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 15, 2014
andre82:
1st of all, I'm not following you cos ua Mr Know All, not also cos what u say or post is always correct. I choose to pick what applies and what doesn't, the consequences are mine only. I don't recall asking u for advise on my car or asking for ur opinion on a car issue. In as much as I'm not advocating for snake oil or any fuel additives, I'm less concerned about any lab tests or result. Ua the research guy clearly judging from ur earlier posts. I've used XFT and it clearly doesn't work and I'm not promoting it. Those that r doing that r in MLMs. Note that I'm not @ daggers with u in anyway, u can be the autoist, and if I'm not, it doesn't make ur personality better than mine. I can either benefit from ur posts or not. Whatever knowledge one has, it's either for ur own good and that of mankind or it's just plain poo. This is just my opinion.

You have a massive case of inferiority complex, you should work on that.

By the way what level are you n n the MLM scam?

It's amazing seeing people with whacked out moral compass fleecing the uneducated motorists.

The product DOES NOT WORK and has no laboratory proof that it does.

PS: if I've ever posted something that was wrong and you didn't call it out then you're pathetic.
Re: Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 15, 2014
"Gas Additives Are Just Not Necessary
Gas additives have gain popularity over the years because of their claims to improve performance, reduce emissions, and save fuel. In general, if you have a healthy vehicle, you should not need any of these to enjoy the performance, emissions, and fuel savings you were meant to.
There is no magical elixir that is designed to make your engine magically become more efficient and powerful. About the only time these additives may work is if you are not using the right octane rating fuel as your vehicle requires and you increase it to what it is supposed to be using an additive.
There is no benefit to using more octane than what is required...and the mystery in Marve Mystery Oil should be left at just that...a mystery. The plain simple truth is these gimmicks simply don't offer what they claim and in some cases they can even be dangerous to you, your car, and the environment."

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-efficiency/fuel-saving-devices/fuel-additive-effectiveness1.htm
Re: Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 15, 2014
"Gas-Saving Claims
When gas prices climb, products that claim they’ll save gas might look good. But it's a smart idea to be skeptical of any gas-saving claims for automotive devices or oil and gas additives.

Here are some examples of claims you might see:

"Improves fuel economy by 20 percent."
Ads typically tout savings from 12 to 25 percent. However, despite evaluating or testing more than 100 alleged gas-saving devices, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has not found any product that significantly improves gas mileage. In fact, some "gas-saving" products may damage a car's engine or substantially increase exhaust emissions.

"After installing this product, my car gets an extra 4 miles per gallon."
Ads may feature glowing testimonials from satisfied customers. But few people have the ability or the equipment to test for precise changes in gas mileage after installing a product that claims to save gas. Many variables affect fuel consumption, including traffic, road and weather conditions, and the car's condition.

For example, a letter to a company praised its "gas-saving" product. But the product was installed at the same time the car owner got a complete engine tune-up — a fact not mentioned in the letter. The bump in gas mileage attributed to the product may well have been the result of the tune-up.

"It’s approved by the federal government."
No government agency endorses gas-saving products for cars. The most an ad could claim is that EPA has reached certain conclusions about possible gas savings by testing the product or by evaluating the manufacturer's own test data. If the seller claims that its product has been evaluated by EPA, ask for a copy of the EPA report, or check epa.gov for information."

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0057-gas-saving-products

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Obey Traffic Law! Use Car Bluetooth Mirror to Make/Receive Cal When Driving / Fix Your Audi Cvt Gearbox Now Available. / 2016 Honda Accord Available For Sale In Ibadan 6M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 230
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.