Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,020 members, 7,825,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Show Your SWAG With The WORD - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Show Your SWAG With The WORD (817 Views)

Is Bible The Word Of God? The Bible And Paedophilia. / Pics: Pastor Chris In "Holy Swag" / Is Bible The Word of God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Show Your SWAG With The WORD by Trailblazer1(m): 7:16pm On Sep 19, 2014
Dearly beloved, are you a Christian by religion or by deed? how loaded are you with the word of God? Remember: Col 3:16 " Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord". let's have some fun by sharing our favorite scriptures and by this; strengthening one another in faith.
Here we go:

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
(1 Corinthians 1:18)
Re: Show Your SWAG With The WORD by JesusisLord85: 7:20pm On Sep 19, 2014
Trailblazer1: Dearly beloved, are you a Christian by religion or by deed? how loaded are you with the word of God? Remember: Col 3:16 " Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord". let's have some fun by sharing our favorite scriptures and by this; strengthening one another in faith.
Here we go:

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
(1 Corinthians 1:18)

Why not quote Yahshua, or the words of the Most High spoken via his servant Moses.

Followers of Paul, who misunderstand him greatly. Shame
Re: Show Your SWAG With The WORD by Trailblazer1(m): 8:04pm On Sep 19, 2014
Don't be a passive viewer, be actively involved by contributing
Re: Show Your SWAG With The WORD by JesusisLord85: 8:15pm On Sep 19, 2014
Matthew 10:34 "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword."

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

2000 years ago, what was the word of God? The Law and Prophets. Eyin Paul followers, take heed.
Re: Show Your SWAG With The WORD by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 19, 2014
Christians, corrupting satanic values since the death of jesus.
Re: Show Your SWAG With The WORD by shdemidemi(m): 8:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
JesusisLord85: Matthew 10:34 "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword."

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

2000 years ago, what was the word of God? The Law and Prophets. Eyin Paul followers, take heed.

How many more times do you need to hear that the word of God isn't Moses but Jesus and the good news that came by his death and ascension?

U stubborn o!
Re: Show Your SWAG With The WORD by Trailblazer1(m): 9:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
Please, let's not allow detractors overcome this worthy cause. Share the word.
Re: Show Your SWAG With The WORD by JesusisLord85: 10:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
shdemidemi:

How many more times do you need to hear that the word of God isn't Moses but Jesus and the good news that came by his death and ascension?

U stubborn o!

So those are the scriptures your Paul is referring to? My bad lmao

Away you worker of iniquity
Re: Show Your SWAG With The WORD by NnaNna4(m): 10:45pm On Sep 19, 2014
Jeremiah 9:23,24
Re: Show Your SWAG With The WORD by JesusisLord85: 10:52pm On Sep 19, 2014
Revelation 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Re: Show Your SWAG With The WORD by JesusisLord85: 10:53pm On Sep 19, 2014
Zechariah 8:23 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.
Re: Show Your SWAG With The WORD by shdemidemi(m): 5:46am On Sep 20, 2014
JesusisLord85: Zechariah 8:23 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.
JesusisLord85: Revelation 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
JesusisLord85:
So those are the scriptures your Paul is referring to? My bad lmao
Away you worker of iniquity

Mark 12 And he began to speak unto them by parables. A certain man planted a vineyard, and set an hedge about it, and digged a place for the winefat, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country.

2 And at the season he sent to the husbandmen a servant, that he might receive from the husbandmen of the fruit of the vineyard.

3 And they caught him, and beat him, and sent him away empty.

4 And again he sent unto them another servant; and at him they cast stones, and wounded him in the head, and sent him away shamefully handled.

5 And again he sent another; and him they killed, and many others; beating some, and killing some.

6 Having yet therefore one son, his wellbeloved, he sent him also last unto them, saying, They will reverence my son.

7 But those husbandmen said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and the inheritance shall be ours.'

8 And they took him, and killed him, and cast him out of the vineyard.

9 What shall therefore the lord of the vineyard do? he will come and destroy the husbandmen, and will give the vineyard unto others.

10 And have ye not read this scripture; The stone which the builders rejected is become the head of the corner:

If the man in the parable is God, the husbandmen - the nation of Israel, the servants -the prophets, the son- Jesus and the others represent the Gentiles/rest of the world, where exactly do you think you belong in this parable?

Ponder on this my friend.

2 Likes

Re: Show Your SWAG With The WORD by shdemidemi(m): 6:13am On Sep 20, 2014
Romans 12

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

11 I say then, Have they (the nation of Israel) stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

23 And they(the nation of Israel) also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.
Re: Show Your SWAG With The WORD by Trailblazer1(m): 8:08am On Sep 20, 2014
Please, don't derail this thread with your argument.
Re: Show Your SWAG With The WORD by Trailblazer1(m): 9:11am On Sep 20, 2014
Jude 20 "But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,"
Re: Show Your SWAG With The WORD by Trailblazer1(m): 10:07am On Sep 20, 2014
Romans 8:18  For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
Re: Show Your SWAG With The WORD by Trailblazer1(m): 11:52am On Sep 20, 2014
Daniel 11:32. And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.
Re: Show Your SWAG With The WORD by Trailblazer1(m): 5:51pm On Sep 20, 2014
Hosea 4:6  My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
Re: Show Your SWAG With The WORD by JesusisLord85: 11:10pm On Sep 26, 2014
shdemidemi:

Mark 12 And he began to speak unto them by parables. A certain man planted a vineyard, and set an hedge about it, and digged a place for the winefat, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country.

2 And at the season he sent to the husbandmen a servant, that he might receive from the husbandmen of the fruit of the vineyard.

3 And they caught him, and beat him, and sent him away empty.

4 And again he sent unto them another servant; and at him they cast stones, and wounded him in the head, and sent him away shamefully handled.

5 And again he sent another; and him they killed, and many others; beating some, and killing some.

6 Having yet therefore one son, his wellbeloved, he sent him also last unto them, saying, They will reverence my son.

7 But those husbandmen said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and the inheritance shall be ours.'

8 And they took him, and killed him, and cast him out of the vineyard.

9 What shall therefore the lord of the vineyard do? he will come and destroy the husbandmen, and will give the vineyard unto others.

10 And have ye not read this scripture; The stone which the builders rejected is become the head of the corner:

If the man in the parable is God, the husbandmen - the nation of Israel, the servants -the prophets, the son- Jesus and the others represent the Gentiles/rest of the world, where exactly do you think you belong in this parable?

Ponder on this my friend.

Haha I was enjoying my feast, and come back to this wicked man.

The key word here is that your "if".

The husbandman is not the nation of Israel. What saith the prophets.

By now, I think I have fought you much of the law and the prophets.

You also know my precepts. BUT you play on the fact others may not have had the benefit, so you recycle your garbage hoping you will exhaust me.

Hence I have written threads. For those who want truth (and few that shall be), then do read my threads, and ignore this man of sin.

Shalom
Re: Show Your SWAG With The WORD by debraleey: 4:43am On Sep 27, 2014
Lol how can someone who's username is JesusisLord be calling others followers of Paul?
May God give us understanding IJN. Religiousness Is not the same as spirituality I always say...........well

Romans 16:19-20: be excellent at what is good, be innocent of evil deeds. And God of peace will soon bruise the devil underneath your feet.

1 Like

Re: Show Your SWAG With The WORD by shdemidemi(m): 6:55am On Sep 27, 2014
JesusisLord85:

Haha I was enjoying my feast, and come back to this wicked man.

The key word here is that your "if".

The husbandman is not the nation of Israel. What saith the prophets.

By now, I think I have fought you much of the law and the prophets.

You also know my precepts. BUT you play on the fact others may not have had the benefit, so you recycle your garbage hoping you will exhaust me.

Hence I have written threads. For those who want truth (and few that shall be), then do read my threads, and ignore this man of sin.

Shalom

My friend, these men and representatives of the nation of Israel understood the parable perfectly well. Study to understand and tame the ego that locks your mind to the truth of God's word.
Mark 12
12 And they sought to lay hold on him, but feared the people: for they knew that he had spoken the parable against them: and they left him, and went their way.
Re: Show Your SWAG With The WORD by JesusisLord85: 8:44am On Sep 27, 2014
shdemidemi:

My friend, these men and representatives of the nation of Israel understood the parable perfectly well. Study to understand and tame the ego that locks your mind to the truth of God's word.
Mark 12
12 And they sought to lay hold on him, but feared the people: for they knew that he had spoken the parable against them: and they left him, and went their way.

Lol. Ignorance again. I will teach you this one last one, then I shall go to the House of Israel, and you can go feed your lies to the heathen.

Regarding the bolded, let us see who he is talking to. Rewind one chapter:

Mark 11:27 And they come again to Jerusalem: and as he was walking in the temple, there come to him the chief priests, and the scribes, and the elders

Lol, is that the whole Nation of Israel, on which you base your argument?

Moreover, all that is said here was written in the scriptures:

Mark 12:10 And have ye not read this scripture; The stone which the builders rejected is become the head of the corner:

Peter said it too:
1 Peter 2:7-8
"7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed."

I have taught you this, and more, before. Allow me to refer you to this post:

https://www.nairaland.com/1885089/gentiles-irrefutable-proof-modern-day-christianity

Now you, grandfather of lies, off you go. "It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it unto the dogs".

Shalom
Re: Show Your SWAG With The WORD by shdemidemi(m): 9:00am On Sep 27, 2014
JesusisLord85:

Lol. Ignorance again. I will teach you this one last one, then I shall go to the House of Israel, and you can go feed your lies to the heathen.

Regarding the bolded, let us see who he is talking to. Rewind one chapter:

Mark 11:27 And they come again to Jerusalem: and as he was walking in the temple, there come to him the chief priests, and the scribes, and the elders

Lol, is that the whole Nation of Israel, on which you base your argument?m

One that starts reading from where you laughed and called me ignorant will almost believe what will follow will make sense. I know you too well now lil man.

A lil illustration to make this clearer- Say Goodluck Jonathan and the rest of his subordinates attend a Summit. Say they go into agreement at such summit, do they need you to add your own voice before such agreement become valid? No. They are our representative, what they say or do affects every Nigerian directly or indirectly.

Such was the position of the elders and chief priest in the nation of Israel. Gerrit!

JesusisLord85:
Moreover, all that is said here was written in the scriptures:

Mark 12:10 And have ye not read this scripture; The stone which the builders rejected is become the head of the corner:

Peter said it too:
1 Peter 2:7-8
"7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed."

I have taught you this, and more, before. Allow me to refer you to this post:

https://www.nairaland.com/1885089/gentiles-irrefutable-proof-modern-day-christianity

Now you, grandfather of lies, off you go. "It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it unto the dogs".

Shalom

How does this relate with what we are talking about, is everything alright with you?
Re: Show Your SWAG With The WORD by JesusisLord85: 9:54am On Sep 27, 2014
shdemidemi:

One that starts reading from where you laughed and called me ignorant will almost believe what will follow will make sense. I know you too well now lil man.

A lil illustration to make this clearer- Say Goodluck Jonathan and the rest of his subordinates attend a Summit. Say they go into agreement at such summit, do they need you to add your own voice before such agreement become valid? No. They are our representative, what they say or do affects every Nigerian directly or indirectly.

Such was the position of the elders and chief priest in the nation of Israel. Gerrit!

How does this relate with what we are talking about, is everything alright with you?

I know this, silly.

You claimed they represented the 'nation of Israel'. I put it to you that they represent Judah (for Israel was not a nation at that time - or at least the 10 northern tribes). Go and read Hosea again. You know the history of the divide, so I won't waste my time with you.

Hope you are teaching truth and relaxing on this wonderful Sabbath.

All praise to the Most High
Re: Show Your SWAG With The WORD by shdemidemi(m): 10:16am On Sep 27, 2014
JesusisLord85:

I know this, silly.

You claimed they represented the 'nation of Israel'. I put it to you that they represent Judah (for Israel was not a nation at that time - or at least the 10 northern tribes). Go and read Hosea again. You know the history of the divide, so I won't waste my time with you.

Hope you are teaching truth and relaxing on this wonderful Sabbath.

All praise to the Most High

Please show us where Jesus allude to this. The bible says Israel, Jesus said Israel but you say its Judah...hmm, who do I believe?

Keep walking in the shadow by observing all you can. I am a Christian who worship in spirit and not a religious judaiser.
Re: Show Your SWAG With The WORD by JesusisLord85: 11:33am On Sep 27, 2014
shdemidemi:

Please show us where Jesus allude to this. The bible says Israel, Jesus said Israel but you say its Judah...hmm, who do I believe?

Keep walking in the shadow by observing all you can. I am a Christian who worship in spirit and not a religious judaiser.

John 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Ezekiel 37:21-22
21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:
22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.

John 10:16 “..one fold, and one shepherd”
Ezekiel 37:22 “..one nation…one King”

What did Peter say:

1 Peter 2:25 “For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.”

..if ye can accept it. As I said, sabbath today. let me feed my brethren with truth. Bible tells me not to dance with devils.

Peace
Re: Show Your SWAG With The WORD by shdemidemi(m): 12:03pm On Sep 27, 2014
JesusisLord85:

John 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

How you don't understand these basic words is beyond me. Isn't this the secret Paul spoke about all through the epistles about a called out people who will form a mystical body of Christ known as the church today.

Romans 16:25
25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

You need lessons.

This passage talks about a people that are not part of the common wealth of isreal, aliens to the promise God made to Abraham.

JesusisLord85:
Ezekiel 37:21-22
21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:
22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.

John 10:16 “..one fold, and one shepherd”
Ezekiel 37:22 “..one nation…one King”

What did Peter say:

1 Peter 2:25 “For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.”

..if ye can accept it. As I said, sabbath today. let me feed my brethren with truth. Bible tells me not to dance with devils.

Peace

My friend, did you see how the present people of Israel became a nation after they were scattered through persecutions and semitism... Wake up.
Re: Show Your SWAG With The WORD by JesusisLord85: 12:15pm On Sep 27, 2014
shdemidemi:

How you don't understand these basic words is beyond me. Isn't this the secret Paul spoke about all through the epistles about a called out people who will form a mystical body of Christ known as the church today.

Romans 16:25
25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

You need lessons.

This passage talks about a people that are not part of the common wealth of isreal, aliens to the promise God made to Abraham.

My friend, did you see how the present people of Israel became a nation after they were scattered through persecutions and semitism... Wake up.

Lol, still wrong. But let me not waste time with you.

And which present people of Israel. Those are not Israelites. You know my position on that. But you want to confuse the reader.

Keep misunderstanding Paul.

Among my list of topics to teach my brethren:

1. Sabbath
2. tithing
3. Abraham's seed.

1 and 3 will help you greatly. We agree on 2, but for very different reasons. Perhaps that will help you too.

Continue in your twisted faith in the meantime.
Re: Show Your SWAG With The WORD by shdemidemi(m): 12:23pm On Sep 27, 2014
JesusisLord85:

Lol, still wrong. But let me not waste time with you.

And which present people of Israel. Those are not Israelites. You know my position on that. But you want to confuse the reader.

Keep misunderstanding Paul.

Among my list of topics to teach my brethren:

1. Sabbath
2. tithing
3. Abraham's seed.
1 and 3 will help you greatly. We agree on 2, but for very different reasons. Perhaps that will help you too.
Continue in your twisted faith in the meantime.

How can you being blind lead another blind? And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

There is nothing to twist, those words are clear to any receptive mind.
Re: Show Your SWAG With The WORD by JesusisLord85: 12:39pm On Sep 27, 2014
shdemidemi:

How can you being blind lead another blind? And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

There is nothing to twist, those words are clear to any receptive mind.

you mean deluded.
Re: Show Your SWAG With The WORD by Image123(m): 4:54pm On Sep 27, 2014
Swag with the Word? hmmmm, what does that mean?
j85 and demisquare, stop the tantrums.

(1) (Reply)

Was God Trying To Pass A Message??? / Is It Scripturally Right For Born Again Couple To Watch Porn? / Revelation Chapter 12, Verse 1-6 Need Explanation Pls!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.