Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,497 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Non-Ghanaian Retailers Ordered To Leave Ghana Markets In 30 Days - Business (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Non-Ghanaian Retailers Ordered To Leave Ghana Markets In 30 Days (31749 Views)

Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets / Top 20 Biggest And Busiest Markets In Nigeria / Nigerian Naira Or Ghanaian Cedi Which Is Stronger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Go Down)

Re: Non-Ghanaian Retailers Ordered To Leave Ghana Markets In 30 Days by authority2006(m): 2:35pm On Sep 20, 2014
shymexx:

I honestly don't think there's anything wrong with this apart from the medieval way in which they went about it. Perhaps, if they had increased levies against foreigners to an amount most of them won't be able to afford - then it would have looked more justified.

I believe it has more to do with foreigners dominating their markets, and any country would've done the same thing - either covertly or overtly. National interest within your country is your responsibility. America is the leader of the globalisation and WTO, but there are things you can't send from Europe to America, because yanks are trying to protect the American farmers. I think there's a ban on British pork and other farm produce in America, and after the Russian ban on agricultural products, some EU countries tried to send them to America, and the yanks rejected everything. Even in the UK, there are a lot of things you can't bring into the country.

Now imagine a region where folks move freely with porous borders - and most foreigners probably flood the Ghanaian market with goods from their respective countries, thus dominating the indigenous folks. Coupled with the fact that the Ghanaian economy is dead and almost buried. So, it seems like something logical to do albeit they might be going about it the wrong way.
Actually, that's what they did. But let's see who will be hit hardest by time Nigeria government retaliate. Ghana Must Go season 2.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Non-Ghanaian Retailers Ordered To Leave Ghana Markets In 30 Days by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 20, 2014
emusmith: Jesus said, Don't repay evil for evil...the Ghanaian talking trash should not also mean you talk like. You know better. There are good Ghanaians as well as good Nigerians. Let's stop hating!

Okay, Bible time. I feel the Nigerian part of u talking menn, its just dat it's good to remind ppl about their origin wen dey try to talk trash. Joshua 10 v 8 says it all. #Gbam#
Re: Non-Ghanaian Retailers Ordered To Leave Ghana Markets In 30 Days by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 20, 2014
grin make I no talk before them deport me,see this small ghana wen no big reach my compound sef
Re: Non-Ghanaian Retailers Ordered To Leave Ghana Markets In 30 Days by kgr28(m): 2:38pm On Sep 20, 2014
lastpage:

Its obvious that the Ghananians generally ALWAYS feel very intimidated (by Nigerians) and cant compete, hence the need to whine and moan to their equally foresight-bereft Govt, asking for "protection and undue advantage".
We know what eventually happens to such economies that practise that kind of primitive protectionism.
Ordinary Ghana sef dey flex, huh?

Nigerian Govt should just identify certain soft-underbellies of their economy/people and HIT THEM BACK. undecided
Do-me, l-do you, God no go vex. Simple!

Lastpage!

BTW: In as much as l dont like engaging with riff-raffs like this "OXYGEN01", may l ask what this d!ckhead is doing on a Nigerian forum?
Why dont you feck-off to a Ghananian forum to air your stewpid opinion, you son of an in-bred LovePeddler!

Only nigeria compete with others!! hence self titles like giant of africa and most educated!!

Are these titles managed to power your country?? stop your fellow nigerians from seeking greener pastures in other countries?? fix your roads?? stop your gov offícials and rich people from seeking medical abroad??

3 Likes

Re: Non-Ghanaian Retailers Ordered To Leave Ghana Markets In 30 Days by lastpage: 2:41pm On Sep 20, 2014
shymexx:

I honestly don't think there's anything wrong with this apart from the medieval way in which they went about it.

Now imagine a region where folks move freely with porous borders - and most foreigners probably flood the Ghanaian market with goods from their respective countries, thus dominating the indigenous folks. Coupled with the fact that the Ghanaian economy is dead and almost buried. So, it seems like something logical to do albeit they might be going about it the wrong way.

While l agree with most of what you wrote, does it not beg the question that Why should Ghana then be a signatory to ECOWAS..... with all its clauses on FREE borders, Free Trade and Movement of people across the sub-region, even with Ecowas passport?

If you know you are not up to something, better say so and opt out
......but dont lower yourself to the point of acting hysterically and using such primitive under-hand tactics to give your locals a leg-up the ladder.
Those Traders, by reason of ECOWAS protocol, are in Ghana, doing business LEGITIMATELY! Just like any other Ghananian inNigeria or any West African country!

They should probably add a LIST of streets that foreigners can live as well! grin

Lastpage!
Re: Non-Ghanaian Retailers Ordered To Leave Ghana Markets In 30 Days by kgr28(m): 2:41pm On Sep 20, 2014
lastpage:

Its obvious that the Ghananians generally ALWAYS feel very intimidated (by Nigerians) and cant compete, hence the need to whine and moan to their equally foresight-bereft Govt, asking for "protection and undue advantage".
We know what eventually happens to such economies that practise that kind of primitive protectionism.
Ordinary Ghana sef dey flex, huh?

Nigerian Govt should just identify certain soft-underbellies of their economy/people and HIT THEM BACK. undecided
Do-me, l-do you, God no go vex. Simple!

Lastpage!

BTW: In as much as l dont like engaging with riff-raffs like this "OXYGEN01", may l ask what this d!ckhead is doing on a Nigerian forum?
Why dont you feck-off to a Ghananian forum to air your stewpid opinion, you son of an in-bred LovePeddler!

Only nigeria compete with others!! hence self titles like giant of africa and most educated!!

Are these titles managed to power your country?? stop your fellow nigerians from seeking greener pastures in other countries?? fix your roads?? stop your gov offícials and rich people from seeking medical abroad??

If you are that brilliant and giants, just name me 10 nigerain compinies that have invested and have businesses in more than 5 countries in africa!

2 Likes

Re: Non-Ghanaian Retailers Ordered To Leave Ghana Markets In 30 Days by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 20, 2014
Stelvin101:

Lolz. You should be proud of Nigerians for not depending on Govt welfare and running things on their own. Why do you think Whites are scared of us its cause 80% of them living on Govt welfare. Imagine a grown as man or woman will sit at home all day n wait for govt to pay her monthly check buh a typical Nigerian man or woman nor get tym to wait for Govt to put food on his table, he gets out there n hustle to an extend govt be like " Give dat man a medal " grin

#Word!!!!

I just think if these men and women's businesses flourished here @home due a very condusive business environment they will have a better reasons to do business in those countries other than just "trying to survive". I mean when i think about it, e.g how many german companies do i see here in africa/naija(except for that mediocre julius agwu construction company ) even with d robust economy of dat country? Why don't they wanna invest outside their country? Easy. Cus doing business @ home is more condusive for them. I just think we should give our small and medium enterprises better enough reasons to do business @ home and then expand to other territories than make them look like beggars in oda climes.
Re: Non-Ghanaian Retailers Ordered To Leave Ghana Markets In 30 Days by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 20, 2014
authority2006: Actually, that's what they did. But let's see who will be hit hardest by time Nigeria government retaliate. Ghana Must Go season 2.

I honestly don't think they have anything to lose, since half of Ghana lives in Europe and North America. grin I'd wager that 1/3 of those living in Ghana today might be Nigerians based on what I've heard, and I doubt Ghanaians have any meaningful business interests in Nigeria - an economy dominated by Nigerians and Westerners.

That's a little country - they need protectionism to survive especially against a massive country with huge population like Nigeria. Just let them be man.

2 Likes

Re: Non-Ghanaian Retailers Ordered To Leave Ghana Markets In 30 Days by rehoboam: 2:45pm On Sep 20, 2014
[color=#770077][/color] one thing with ghanaians is that they are just lazy.that summon them all.expecially those dwarfs and shorter ashantics.Come to kejeitia and see how we are buying fried rices for your girls because that what you guys are good with.kwasiasem kwasiasem..
Re: Non-Ghanaian Retailers Ordered To Leave Ghana Markets In 30 Days by diablos: 2:47pm On Sep 20, 2014
buzzmania: MY fellow animal says there is war ensuing in our zoo and you are happy huh.Better let me slay him here before boko bombs our pathetic zoo out of existence. embarassed embarassed embarassed

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Non-Ghanaian Retailers Ordered To Leave Ghana Markets In 30 Days by lastpage: 2:48pm On Sep 20, 2014
kgr28:

If you are that brilliant and giants, just name me 10 nigerain compinies that have invested and have businesses in more than 5 countries in africa!

Okay, maybe you should name just FIVE Ghananian Coys that have business in up to 5 countries in WEST AFRICA alone!
See, l have made it easy for our "little baby" Ghana grin grin grin

Go ahead, l am waiting! grin grin undecided

Lastpage!

BTW: Just "each" of our Banks alone (GTB, Zenith, First Bank, ECOBANK, UBA, e.t.c, not to mention Coys like GLO!) are enough to bankrupt most countries in W/Africa if they withdraw their financing..... especially in Ghana.
Go back to school and do a lil'learning boy.
Re: Non-Ghanaian Retailers Ordered To Leave Ghana Markets In 30 Days by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
lastpage:
While l agree with most of what you wrote, does it not beg the question that Why should Ghana then be a signatory to ECOWAS..... with all its clauses on FREE borders, Free Trade and Movement of people across the sub-region, even with Ecowas passport?

If you know you are not up to something, better say so and opt out
......but dont lower yourself to the point of acting hysterically and using such primitive under-hand tactics to give your locals a leg-up the ladder.
Those Traders, by reason of ECOWAS protocol, are in Ghana, doing business LEGITIMATELY! Just like any other Ghananian inNigeria or any West African country!

They should probably add a LIST of streets that foreigners can live as well! grin

Lastpage!

Sir, "free trade" has an unwritten rule that still has to do with protectionism. Most countries are part of the WTO, and they all still practise protectionism. Ditto even within the EU. That's just the way it's because some countries have undue advantage over the rest.

Anyway, the way they're brazenly campaigning against foreigners might be wrong, and I believe they should've been more covert about it. There's other ways to go about it.

2 Likes

Re: Non-Ghanaian Retailers Ordered To Leave Ghana Markets In 30 Days by drnoel: 2:51pm On Sep 20, 2014
OXYGENO1: Leave heaven (Ghana) to a zoo( nigeria )?.They know how useless their own country is.If we even kill them they will never return to that useless country.They've acquired a lil sense to differentiate between a useless country ( nigeria ) and a civilized country( Ghana ).
If that being the case what is an animal like u doing in a zoo like Nigerian and pls answer my other question and its is what is a wild animal like u doing in an evil wild forest like nairaland? I seeing stupidity smelling....
Re: Non-Ghanaian Retailers Ordered To Leave Ghana Markets In 30 Days by Okeikpu(m): 2:52pm On Sep 20, 2014
Imagine Gayna ,eeeeeeh grin dem still dey remember Gayna must go thigs grin Lol Gayna sound like the Greeks telling the gr8 Germans to leave their country cheesy
Re: Non-Ghanaian Retailers Ordered To Leave Ghana Markets In 30 Days by kgr28(m): 2:53pm On Sep 20, 2014
lastpage:

Okay, maybe you should name just FIVE Ghananian Coys that have business in up to 5 countries in WEST AFRICA alone!
See, l have made it easy for our "little baby" Ghana grin grin grin

Go ahead, l am waiting! grin grin undecided

Lastpage!

BTW: Just "each" of our Banks alone (GTB, Zenith, First Bank, ECOBANK, UBA, e.t.c, not to mention Coys like GLO!) are enough to bankrupt most countries in W/Africa if they withdraw their financing..... especially in Ghana.
Go back to school and do a lil'learning boy.

Name them all...and the countries!
and the issue is nigeria being giants...so show us your giantness!!

Since you all say ghana is small water!!

1 Like

Re: Non-Ghanaian Retailers Ordered To Leave Ghana Markets In 30 Days by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 20, 2014
shockwave91:

#Word!!!!

I just think if these men and women's businesses flourished here @home due a very condusive business environment they will have a better reasons to do business in those countries other than just "trying to survive". I mean when i think about it, e.g how many german companies do i see here in africa/naija(except for that mediocre julius agwu construction company ) even with d robust economy of dat country? Why don't they wanna invest outside their country? Easy. Cus doing business @ home is more condusive for them. I just think we should give our small and medium enterprises better enough reasons to do business @ home and then expand to other territories than make them look like beggars in oda climes.

*sight* put all this into a good essay n send it to GEJ, if u need him address I get am

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14)

#10YearsChallenge: Femi Otedola Shares 10 Years Throwback Photo / Why You Have No Excuse To Be Broke! / Adire Mall, Abeokuta, Ogun State Set For Commissioning (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.