Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,793 members, 7,824,313 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Lagos Clears Last Ebola Suspect - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Clears Last Ebola Suspect (832 Views)

Graphic Photos: Boko Haram Members Killed As Military Clears More Of Their Camps / Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Clears The Air About APC Kano Rally Photo He Tweeted / EXCLUSIVE: INEC Clears Underage Candidates To Contest Senate, House Of Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Clears Last Ebola Suspect by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 19, 2014
The Lagos State Government on Friday said the last suspected case of the Ebola Virus Disease in the state had been cleared having tested negative after surveillance.

Gov. Babatunde Fashola disclosed this while giving an update on the virus at the Secretariat Central Mosque, Alausa, where he observed Jumat Prayers.

The governor said the development meant that the state was now Ebola free and that it was safe enough for schools to resume on Sept. 22.

He said, “The last time when we discussed the issue, I told you that about 19 people were still under observation over the Ebola Virus Disease.They were there not because they had the disease but because they were showing suspected symptoms.

“But I am glad to report to you that the last person under surveilance was cleared this morning. He tested negative and that means there is no more Ebola in Lagos.

“Now that the disease has been successfully contained, schools can resume for normal academic session.”

Fashola said the declaration that the state was now free did not mean Ebola threats had been completely eliminated.

According to him, the situation in Sierra Leone, Liberia and other high risk countries meant cross–border transmission threat is still there.

He, however, said the state government was implementing strict measures to ensure the disease was confined
to history.

The governor urged residents to be vigilant and to take precautions that would ensure their safety from the disease.

Fashola also advised residents to keep their environment clean and maintain good personal hygiene as
diseases thrive in dirty environments.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-clears-last-ebola-suspect/
Re: Lagos Clears Last Ebola Suspect by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 19, 2014
I didn't really like that Fashola of a guy not until the recent ebola outbreak. Kudos Mr Fashola. You are indeed a true leader. cool.
Re: Lagos Clears Last Ebola Suspect by meforyou1(m): 8:46pm On Sep 19, 2014
To God Be The Glory. For this I give fashola thumbs up. He did a good work. And the Minister of Health. And Amaechi. And especially that good doctor that sacrificed her life that Nigerians may live. And all staff of first consultants hospital, both the late and the survivors.
And to them all I say " a grateful country salute you all and will remain eternally grateful"
Re: Lagos Clears Last Ebola Suspect by meforyou1(m): 8:47pm On Sep 19, 2014
IdiAmin1: I didn't really like that Fashola of a guy not until the recent ebola outbreak. Kudos Mr Fashola. You are indeed a true leader. cool.
he did an excellent job at this actually
Re: Lagos Clears Last Ebola Suspect by GowonAbacha: 8:49pm On Sep 19, 2014
IdiAmin1: I didn't really like that Fashola of a guy not until the recent ebola outbreak. Kudos Mr Fashola. You are indeed a true leader. cool.
Yeah ur witnessing the beauty of APC..so u know what to do in 2015.
Re: Lagos Clears Last Ebola Suspect by gebest: 9:02pm On Sep 19, 2014
[quote
author=IdiAmin1]I didn't really like that Fashola of a guy not until
the recent ebola outbreak. Kudos Mr Fashola. You are indeed a true
leader. cool.[/quote]LET PRESIDENT JONATHAN EMULATE FASHOLA STYLE OF LEADERSHIP, THE GUY IS JUST TOO GOOD, O HOW I WISH NIGERIA CAN HAVE HIM AS HER PRESIDENT.
Re: Lagos Clears Last Ebola Suspect by iterator25: 9:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
its not about the political party but personality ..fash 2015
Re: Lagos Clears Last Ebola Suspect by oloyeolaglory: 11:42pm On Sep 19, 2014
Don't forgt federal goverment gave Lagos State 500M to fight Ebola. Kudos to Jona too
Re: Lagos Clears Last Ebola Suspect by darkroses(m): 11:51pm On Sep 19, 2014
In d eyes of d international community, gej is Nigeria saviour but we are know dat is actually d lagos state gvt
Re: Lagos Clears Last Ebola Suspect by idupaul: 1:18am On Sep 20, 2014
GowonAbacha:
Yeah ur witnessing the beauty of APC..so u know what to do in 2015.

Which yeye APC ..Fashola is best leader Nigeria has ever had , Tinubus greed made him deliever only 20 percent of his installed capacity .. Fashola is truly above any party in Nigeria
Re: Lagos Clears Last Ebola Suspect by idupaul: 1:20am On Sep 20, 2014
oloyeolaglory: Don't forgt federal goverment gave Lagos State 500M to fight Ebola. Kudos to Jona too

It was 200 miilion and the money arrived just last week after Fasholas govt had contained it .. Fashola was responsible for containing the PH outbreak
Re: Lagos Clears Last Ebola Suspect by Femmyfamous4u(m): 2:24am On Sep 20, 2014
oloyeolaglory: Don't forgt federal goverment gave Lagos State 500M to fight Ebola. Kudos to Jona too

Please stop spreading falsehood! The president gave 200 million and NOT 500 million. By the way, the money did not come until few weeks ago after Lagos state government has successfully ward off the disease. Fashola deserves great commendation.
Re: Lagos Clears Last Ebola Suspect by crudedude(m): 8:48am On Sep 20, 2014
iterator25: its not about the political party but personality ..fash 2015

Tell them my brother.
Re: Lagos Clears Last Ebola Suspect by crudedude(m): 8:50am On Sep 20, 2014
Femmyfamous4u:

Please stop spreading falsehood! The president gave 200 million and NOT 500 million. By the way, the money did not come until few weeks ago after Lagos state government has successfully ward off the disease. Fashola deserves great commendation.

Did they return the money?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Clears Last Ebola Suspect by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 20, 2014
how I wish fashola dey another party maybe PDP, Jonathan for don lose since. the guy na the main guy to lead Nigeria to the promise land. but with that frog eye man( tinubu) behind him. my brother GEJ till 2019
Re: Lagos Clears Last Ebola Suspect by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 20, 2014
All thanks to God Almighty!
Re: Lagos Clears Last Ebola Suspect by Mamaflex(f): 11:48am On Sep 20, 2014
Glory be to God!

(1) (Reply)

US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel....why? / Will Buhari Be Better Than Jonathan If Voted In? / State Of Emergency Looms In Osun: We Will Terminate Aregbe - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.