Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

A Crocodile’s Crocodile Tears - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Crocodile’s Crocodile Tears (561 Views)

Jonathan Shedding Crocodile Tears After Polarizing Nigerians – APC / Unity: Jonathan Shedding Crocodile Tears -APC / Unity: Jonathan Shedding Crocodile Tears – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Crocodile’s Crocodile Tears by nellyelitz(m): 9:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
I read this from an online news page OPINIONS.NG and its worth sharing...enjoy...

There are very interesting facts about the crocodile. It is said that the crocodile is perhaps the only animal that sheds tears while eating, hence the expression ‘crocodile tears.’ Meal time is supposed to be a pleasurable time but not for the crocodile.When it consumes its victim, especially according to legend, a human victim, it sheds tears apparently in pity for the victim.
That is not all, a crocodile doesn’t pursue its prey or victim, the prey comes to it. The crocodile simply hides in water, with only its eyes, ears and nose not submerged which most of its preys don’t notice. It gets closer and attacks. In case the prey is by the side of the water, the crocodile moves closer and then lunches itself foward with its powerful hind legs and tail, then drags its prey into the waters.
The reptile is also very territorial and fights fiercely to protect it. It is venerated in some parts of the world especially in Papua New Guinea.
It is ironic that the crocodile shares some similarities with a human crocodile. Few days back this human crocodile which had been in hibernation and had submerged itself in the water but kept its ears, eyes and nose above it finally emerged. This territorial crocodile, the Lord of the Manor, venerated by his people returned to his territory to shed crocodile tears. His people, the victims, came out in large numbers to welcome him and he was so moved by their expression of love that he shed the rare tears.
Several days before then the commander -in-chief was on his way to a neighbouring country to see how he could work with his neighbour’s military to rout militants who had become a thorn in the flesh. Crocodile, allegedly a long-time sponsor of militants might have wanted to go with C-in-C but security report and better judgment must have counselled against it.
The C-in-C must have also tried to avoid crocodile by every means possible, so as not to tarnish his image in the press as someone carousing with a notable sponsor of terrorists. So C-in C leaves the shores of the country but on landing at the other end, guess what happens? Right there before his very eyes is crocodile, grinning from ear to ear to welcome the C-in-C as if he is the host or worst still a part of the advance team to prepare the ground for a smooth arrival and stay of C-in-C in that country.
C-in-C smiles back politely so as not to embarrass him but pulls him aside for a tete-a-tete.
My friend wetin you dey find for here?
Crocodile says nothing, but continues to smile with his goro-tainted teeth and a not-too- handsome face.
I say what are you doing here? Are you my running mate? Na me born you or na my papa born you or them born us together? Or we be twins? Which one, tell me, which one?
Crocodile continues to grin, much to the chagrin of C-in-C who is now distraught and does not know what to do with the vermin in front of him, who would do nothing, but open his discoloured teeth in a permanent plastic smile that continues to infuriate him because crocodile does not just have any reason to be where he is at all. He is already becoming a an embarrassment.
My friend, don’t let me see you near me at all. If you are looking for photo –op, better look elsewhere for it but with me, no show.
For the first time crocodile speaks, which actually startles the C-in-C who has resigned himself to fate that crocodile is going to remain deaf and dumb.
My C-in-C, we are together, this country… (suddenly he realises that he is in another country) sorry, our country belongs to all of us and we must join hands to salvage it together. As for the photo-op, I have already taken the opportunity. Oga don’t deny me o, we are together in this war against those fundamentalists.
Crocodile begins to grin again, rocking from side to side. C-in-C shakes his head and moves on as his aides usher him towards the abode of his guest.
Welcome to our country, how are you and how was your trip? C-in-C’s host says as he welcomes his guest with open arms, smiling.
Oh my brother, I am fine. Thank you very much I should have been here much earlier. I was delayed by a crocodile.
C-in-C’s host freezes. A crocodile? But we don’t have crocodiles in this place.
Oh, this crocodile followed me all the way from my country. I don’t know how he made it through the security checks, boarded a plane and landed here waiting for me. Can you imagine he actually came to welcome me? Even crocodiles could fly sometimes.
C-in-C’s guest now gets the drift of his statement.
A human crocodile you mean?
Yes, you are right.
Oh no, in our own country we cage them and put them where they belong. Crocodiles have no place in our midst. I don’t know how you people are able to cope with such characters. Don’t mind how venerated he is, how territorial he is, how powerful his jaws are or how clever he could be. Just cage him.
That is exactly what I will do, so that he would have a permanent place to shed his tears. Only this one is a stubborn and crafty crocodile.
Re: A Crocodile’s Crocodile Tears by pelvicky(m): 9:36pm On Sep 19, 2014
There is nothing my C-IN-C would have done...

Croc shd be kept in cage@ kirikiri

(1) (Reply)

Gov Uduaghan Accused Of Bribing Federation Voters To Select In-law As NFF Boss / The Perfect Independence Speech For Nigeria By Charlie Chaplin (1940) / Mutiny Trials: EU Condemns Death Sentence Of 12 Nigerian Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.