Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,435 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Inside The American President’s ‘Doomsday’ Planes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inside The American President’s ‘Doomsday’ Planes (3121 Views)

Doomsday: Some Horrific Threats That Could Actually Lead To The End Of Mankind. / Iyabo Obasanjo Walking With Daugther Of Fmr American President,jimmy Carter.pics / Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inside The American President’s ‘Doomsday’ Planes by Nobody: 6:05am On Sep 20, 2014

By Anthony Sharwood

America has a doomsday plane. Actually it has four of them. But the US government does not — repeat, DOES NOT — talk openly about its doomsday planes. The doomsday plane is like a mirror to Air Force One — a great big flying working office for the president and his or her staff.

But while Air Force One is your everyday, garden variety kind of presidential flying office, the doomsday plane is built and equipped to keep the US government running in the event of a nuclear war or other disaster.

Here’s some of the stuff we know about it:

It’s a converted 747 called an E-4B, also referred to as the “National Airborne Operations Center” when it’s called into action, which reportedly last happened on September 11, 2001.

The doomsday plane can reportedly withstand a nuclear bomb, asteroid blasts and terror attacks while staying airborne for days without refuelling.

In fact, the doomsday plane can remain aloft for a week with mid air-refuelling. The only reason it can’t fly longer is because the engine can only be lubricated on the ground.

The doomsday plane has a radiation-protected shell, 67 antennae and satellite dishes, plus a bunch of other hi-tech gear. The communications equipment is housed in the distinctive bubble behind the cockpit.

Yet for all its technical whizzbangery, the plane was once full of clunky 80s technology like the old school computers you see in the lairs of James Bond villains a few decades ago. Much of the old technology has reportedly been pulled out now, but the cockpit is still hardly what you’d call state of the art.

Interestingly, some see that as an advantage in a national emergency. As one officer told the Discovery Channel: “You rely on more parts, it’s more susceptible to breaking”.

The doomsday plane has three decks and a crew of up to 112 people, making it easily the largest crew in any military plane in the US, and probably the world.
http://nypost.com/2014/09/13/inside-the-presidents-doomsday-planes/

Re: Inside The American President’s ‘Doomsday’ Planes by Nobody: 6:08am On Sep 20, 2014
The doomsday plane was commissioned by Ronald Reagan in the 1980s in the dying days of the Cold War when tensions were exceptionally high and the fear of nuclear war felt genuine and frightening.

US authorities rarely discuss the doomsday plane. In particular, they don’t mention the fact that its distinctive form was spotted by reliable witnesses above the heavily restricted air space above the White House on the morning of September 11, 2001, around the time the twin towers were struck by hijacked planes, but before the Pentagon was hit.

Conspiracists have long seen this as evidence that the doomsday plane was in effect a command center for the 9/11 attacks, which they consider an inside job.

There is no mention of the doomsday plane’s deployment that day in the official report of the 9/11 Commission, an omission which has fueled such conspiracies.

In all likelihood, the plane was never mentioned because the US government doesn’t exactly advertise the doomsday plane’s existence or its activities. That’s not a particularly sexy theory but it’s probably pretty close to the truth.
Re: Inside The American President’s ‘Doomsday’ Planes by Nobody: 6:15am On Sep 20, 2014
The regular Airforce One plane costs US taxpayers over $288,000 per hour.
Re: Inside The American President’s ‘Doomsday’ Planes by RockMaxi: 6:19am On Sep 20, 2014
But while Air Force One is your everyday, garden
variety kind of presidential flying office, the
doomsday plane is built and equipped to keep the
US government running in the event of a nuclear
war or other disaster.

Other Citizens may die, but not the President.. grin
Re: Inside The American President’s ‘Doomsday’ Planes by Nobody: 6:25am On Sep 20, 2014
RockMaxi:

Other Citizens may die, but not the President.. grin
It's weird in a way. If the whole country is destroyed, who will the President govern?

2 Likes

Re: Inside The American President’s ‘Doomsday’ Planes by RockMaxi: 6:32am On Sep 20, 2014
US authorities rarely discuss the doomsday plane.
In particular, they don’t mention the fact that its
distinctive form was spotted by reliable witnesses
above the heavily restricted air space above the
White House on the morning of September 11,
2001, around the time the twin towers were
struck by hijacked planes, but before the
Pentagon was hit.

Conspiracists have long seen this as evidence
that the doomsday plane was in effect a
command center for the 9/11 attacks, which they
consider an inside job.
There is no mention of the doomsday plane’s
deployment that day in the official report of the
9/11 Commission, an omission which has fueled
such conspiracies.

What happened in the bolded was a grand plan but what they want us to believe is in the picture with a thousand message

grin grin
Re: Inside The American President’s ‘Doomsday’ Planes by oluwaKStar(m): 6:35am On Sep 20, 2014
CFCfan:
It's weird in a way. If the whole country is destroyed, who will the President govern?
wetin concine hi. Concine govern...u no go survive b4 u go strt to dey think abt govern
Re: Inside The American President’s ‘Doomsday’ Planes by Nobody: 6:38am On Sep 20, 2014
RockMaxi:

What happened in the bolded was a grand plan but what they want us to believe is in the picture with a thousand message

grin grin

Bush was in an elementary school classroom, but ostensibly didn't know the E-4bs were airborne
Re: Inside The American President’s ‘Doomsday’ Planes by RockMaxi: 6:39am On Sep 20, 2014
CFCfan:
oluwaKStar: wetin concine hi. Concine govern...u no go survive b4 u go strt to dey think abt govern

The Presidency is America's biggest investment but that is my view. angry
Re: Inside The American President’s ‘Doomsday’ Planes by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:55am On Sep 20, 2014
When last was this plane seen and officially announced by either Pentagon or Washington?
Re: Inside The American President’s ‘Doomsday’ Planes by 2cato: 7:19am On Sep 20, 2014
I must acquire one b4 the end of these year. All i need to do is join APC (Association of Professional Conmem)with their headquater in boudillion ikoyi.

2 Likes

Re: Inside The American President’s ‘Doomsday’ Planes by 2cato: 7:20am On Sep 20, 2014
I must acquire one b4 the end of these year. All i need to do is join APC (Association of Professional Conmem)with their headquater in boudillion ikoyi. I will try to divert all the fund accruing to BH from APC.
Re: Inside The American President’s ‘Doomsday’ Planes by codedmax(m): 7:29am On Sep 20, 2014
The doomsday plane can
reportedly withstand a
nuclear bomb, asteroid blasts
and terror attacks while
staying airborne for days
without refuelling.

This is plain hi-tech insanity
WTF!!!

*But if it can not fly to heaven,
hw im take concern me nw* gringrin
Re: Inside The American President’s ‘Doomsday’ Planes by Exjoker(m): 7:41am On Sep 20, 2014
Our presidential fleet as somtin dat is beta dan dis...
Re: Inside The American President’s ‘Doomsday’ Planes by Lovetinz(m): 7:46am On Sep 20, 2014
If a nuclear attack takes out its airports, fuel storage and ground support crew, it becomes a coffin waiting to crash.

4 Likes

Re: Inside The American President’s ‘Doomsday’ Planes by cirmuell(m): 7:59am On Sep 20, 2014
Lovetinz: If a nuclear attack takes out its airports, fuel storage and ground support crew, it becomes a coffin waiting to crash.
unless the whole world is against them, they can always land in their allies airbase.

3 Likes

Re: Inside The American President’s ‘Doomsday’ Planes by mjconcept(m): 8:13am On Sep 20, 2014
Had it been in Nigeria all hell will be let loose.

1 Like

Re: Inside The American President’s ‘Doomsday’ Planes by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 20, 2014
[s]
2cato: I must acquire one b4 the end of these year. All i need to do is join APC (Association of Professional Conmem)with their headquater in boudillion ikoyi. I will try to divert all the fund accruing to BH from APC.
[/s] very dry.

2 Likes

Re: Inside The American President’s ‘Doomsday’ Planes by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 20, 2014
CFCfan:
The symbol of Authority should be the last man standing to protect whatever is it that remains in her empire and in a war where your C-in-C got takened, you lose command and you lose the war !!

It is not as if the DoomsDay plane or AirForce one is meant to abscond the president , it is just a sophisticated gadget the C-in-C would use whereforth the WhiteHouse got attacked !!

We should not also forget the fact that US has nuclear shield and Interceptors to protect her citizens too cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Inside The American President’s ‘Doomsday’ Planes by omenka(m): 8:36am On Sep 20, 2014
While the Americans are busy building Doomsday planes, the Chinese are building the world's largest Particle Collider!!

China unveils world's largest supercollider

Chinese scientists are designing a particle-smashing collider
so massive it could encircle a city.

Beijing, China - Chinese scientists are racing to complete
plans for a supergiant particle collider[b] that, when built, will dwarf every other accelerator on the planet.

The underground particle-smashing ring aims to be at least
twice the size of the globe's current leading collider - the
Large Hadron Collider (CERN) outside Geneva. [b]With a
circumference of 80 kilometres, the Chinese accelerator
complex would encircle the entire island of Manhattan.
It is to become a "scientific utopia". cool
Re: Inside The American President’s ‘Doomsday’ Planes by SporaD8: 9:05am On Sep 20, 2014
CFCfan:
American President as the greatest of responsibility to protect its citizen so needs the most conducive atmosphere.
if afterall the special treatment he still can think of a way to save his people, then he as all the right to commit suicide!
Re: Inside The American President’s ‘Doomsday’ Planes by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 20, 2014
Will that save them from Russia?
Re: Inside The American President’s ‘Doomsday’ Planes by chucky234(m): 9:22am On Sep 20, 2014
Yanks keying into the future since 1400.
Re: Inside The American President’s ‘Doomsday’ Planes by papaejima1: 12:50pm On Sep 20, 2014
cirmuell: unless the whole world is against them, they can always land in their allies airbase.
Unless the attackers never knew about their allies and target nuclear weapons at them too.
Once you go in, you go the whole nine yards
Re: Inside The American President’s ‘Doomsday’ Planes by daveP(m): 1:36pm On Sep 20, 2014
CFCfan:
i wonder sometimes if this assasination threat of a thing would really make a nation clueless.

Even in movies, the Vice is installed right away.(i wish it was real) So much security for one man when their are thousands of his kind out their. He'l probably govern the air crew when they land.
Re: Inside The American President’s ‘Doomsday’ Planes by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 20, 2014
CFCfan:
d remaining crew of d plane
Re: Inside The American President’s ‘Doomsday’ Planes by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 20, 2014
snowprince07: d remaining crew of d plane
grin
Abi o. Even if na 12 people, it's still a country grin

1 Like

Re: Inside The American President’s ‘Doomsday’ Planes by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 20, 2014
codedmax: [/b]

This is plain hi-tech insanity
WTF!!!

*But if it can not fly to heaven,
hw im take concern me nw* gringrin

I know, right? I was also astonished that a plane could fly for one week without refueling! That has to be Oyibo juju grin
Re: Inside The American President’s ‘Doomsday’ Planes by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 21, 2014
This shows the president of the united state is an institution itself.

1 Like

Re: Inside The American President’s ‘Doomsday’ Planes by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 21, 2014
I am sure Russia have anti-doomsday planes secretly steaming in some choice locations for Putin and his billionaire friends. Waiting for the right time to strike and cause confusion.

I pity poor people sha. Thank God I am rich. My money remain #5000 to buy my own Doomsday plane

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Presidency The New TROJAN HORSE For Igbo Votes and takeover of the East / Tears In The Camp Of Amaechi And Fashola, As Buhari Names Ali Chief Of Staff! / Checkout How Much NNPC GMD Recieves As Salary(payslip)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.