Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,423 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:03 AM

Why You Need To Stay Away From Nigeria Host. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why You Need To Stay Away From Nigeria Host. (759 Views)

Swift internet Is a Fraud.please stay away from them / Which NIGERIA Host DO You USE / Is There Any Nigeria Host Running Softaculous? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Need To Stay Away From Nigeria Host. by Joel3(m): 8:20am On Sep 20, 2014
nigeria host will frustrate you. They really don't like you to grow. when they see your site growing they will do everything to hindered you.

I will be changing my host because right now I feel bad. I got suspend because i haven't paid. My service expired just 2 week ago. If I can pay in advance why can't I enjoyed some service in advance its still my service duration and money. I havent had the time to pay because they only accept paypal payment and my paypal use UBA Africard, i will need to go to uba branch before i can credit my account UBA does not received credit from other account except manual deposit.

I even told them yesterday I will pay today. They should up lift the suspend immediately. But I was surprise to wake up this morning and my site is suspend. we all know how bad this is.

I think I will change my host now.
Re: Why You Need To Stay Away From Nigeria Host. by Lovetinz(m): 9:31am On Sep 20, 2014
I use a Nigerian host, if I don't support them, who will?
I believe you received at least 30days notice prior to the expiry of your account.
I think you should have made the payment of your bills priority, (I do).
I don't see any wrongdoing on their part if your account was terminated on its expiry.
If they keep unpaid accounts active, they might have to close shop.
Just the same way as if you keep unpaid adverts running on your site.

If you change your host, you will still need to pay your new host in advance for
your services, which will of course be terminated on its expiry.
Re: Why You Need To Stay Away From Nigeria Host. by hilaryiwens05: 9:46am On Sep 20, 2014
This hilarious...dude, suspending was done automatically by whmcs. Even if u move to a foreign host, u will still get d same tin

2 Likes

Re: Why You Need To Stay Away From Nigeria Host. by LoadedHost(m): 11:00am On Sep 20, 2014
That suspension was an automated action which happens on 70% of web hosts.. I said 70% because not all of them, for example in our company, https://www.loadedhost.com we still leave accounts active until 14 days after its expiry to give the account owner some time to pay and when it expires, we do not suspend, we redirect it to our website(a free Advert for us).

So it depends on their mode of operation considering their pricing, they may feel that they are kinda cheap so they wont want to waste time with customers on the little or nothing that is getting to them. So condemning all Nigerian companies because of the misfortune that befell you on one of the hundreds does not mean that is the same for the others.

Good Morning!

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Stay Away From Nigeria Host. by WebHostingPal: 10:26pm On Sep 20, 2014
Joel3: I will be changing my host because right now I feel bad. I got suspend because i haven't paid. My service expired just 2 week ago.

Hi, sorry I have to chip in here, I disagree with your post and the misleading title. If your account is 2 weeks overdue and got suspended just yesterday, then that's probably your fault. You could have taken a preventative measure long before the due date up till before the suspension.

You would have received reminder emails before and after expiration but where you chose not to respond to the emails, you only left your host with no other choice. Think about it, two weeks passed, going into the third week and your account still remained active. At what point do you think the web host should come into the picture ?

At least you could have sent in an email prior to the due date or on the due date. A single email like this "Hello guys, I'm sorry I'll be paying late, please bear with me till x days" would have done the magic.

It's a shame that you have a negative thought about Nigeria web hosts over this, even though this is purely your fault. More so, why would any successful and responsible web host want to frustrate their customers because a customer's website is growing ? I have to disagree with you on that as well.

If you are not happy with your web host, there shouldn't be any issue moving to another one. No responsible web hosting company would hold you into ransom. As a matter of fact you would even get a pro rata refund if applicable.

One thing that is certain is that no web hosting company would endorse overdue payments without prior communication from the concerned customer. Like someone mentioned, this has got nothing to do with being Nigerian Web Host, American or German. The result for none and late payment would still be the same anywhere else or even stricter in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Stay Away From Nigeria Host. by Nobody: 6:39am On Sep 21, 2014
this guy all your rants are always off point.... Dafuq ? you turning your host to 000webhost ?
Re: Why You Need To Stay Away From Nigeria Host. by fattbabakay(m): 12:21pm On Sep 21, 2014
Joel3: nigeria host will frustrate you. They really don't like you to grow. when they see your site growing they will do everything to hindered you.

I will be changing my host because right now I feel bad. I got suspend because i haven't paid. My service expired just 2 week ago. If I can pay in advance why can't I enjoyed some service in advance its still my service duration and money. I havent had the time to pay because they only accept paypal payment and my paypal use UBA Africard, i will need to go to uba branch before i can credit my account UBA does not received credit from other account except manual deposit.

I even told them yesterday I will pay today. They should up lift the suspend immediately. But I was surprise to wake up this morning and my site is suspend. we all know how bad this is.

I think I will change my host now.
u no wan pay abii? Na so una Nigerians dey do
Re: Why You Need To Stay Away From Nigeria Host. by onyengbu: 6:50pm On Sep 21, 2014
Jregz: this guy all your rants are always off point.... Dafuq ? you turning your host to 000webhost ?
He is obviously a kid trying to appear mature.
Check out all his posts. Rants all over the place.
Re: Why You Need To Stay Away From Nigeria Host. by Joel3(m): 7:11pm On Sep 21, 2014
onyengbu: He is obviously a kid trying to appear mature.
Check out all his posts. Rants all over the place.
i know for sure you are not up to my age.
Re: Why You Need To Stay Away From Nigeria Host. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 22, 2014
Joel3: i know for sure you are not up to my age.
simply accept what he's trying to tell you,YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ..... "PAY YOUR DUES AS AT WHEN DUE" AND STOP RANTING undecided undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

Google Refused To Accept Your Adsense Request? Or They Just Refused To Pay You! / How To Add Livestream To A Wordpress Website? / Recommended Security Checks For Your Joomla Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.