Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

Loogun-ede/ologun-ede - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Loogun-ede/ologun-ede (947 Views)

Rapture By Bro Ede Peter / Pastors And Men Of God: Rev. Fr. Emmanuel Ede (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Loogun-ede/ologun-ede by Aborisha: 3:10pm On Sep 20, 2014
Hi everyone, nice to meet you, hope you're doing well!

I wonder if any of you know about the history and legend of Loogun-ede (Ologun-ede). I would love to know about him from a native source. If possible, please share information.

Many blessings.

Re: Loogun-ede/ologun-ede by Aborisha: 11:19am On Sep 21, 2014
Historically, my research led me to two 17th century warriors/Hunters from Ijeshaland, either Obalogun or Babarake (the late, founder of Igangan). Religiously speaking I have found materials (both oriki and orin) on Pierre Verger and Sikiru Salami, and a fragment of oriki from Okuku present in Karin Barber's book "I Could Speak Until Tomorrow: Oriki, Women, and the Past in a Yoruba Town".
Re: Loogun-ede/ologun-ede by Aborisha: 8:39pm On Sep 23, 2014
There are lots of misinformation from diasporic sources, that's why I'm interested in talking to someone from Yorubaland. Doesn't matter if the person sees him as a hero/historic persona, or as a deity.

Thank you all for your attention!

Many blessings!

(1) (Reply)

Commonsensical Request To Seun And Mynd44 / A Self Acclaimed Prophet! / The Right Way To Pray

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.