Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (957008 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by MrBigiman: 7:43am On Oct 27, 2017
Fxmanager:
Our team is the one trading the accounts if you don't know. We are not making spurious financial assertions, we have 10 years experience in the online currency market, and our trading strategy has been tested in our private capacity for 4 years and has been seen to adapt to any market changing condition thereby reducing the risk to investors account, and can also last as long as the currency market exist, though there will a limit to the funds under management due to liquidity so as to maintain our good performance. We are not scammers and are not out to scam investors of their money, the investment structure does not give room for us to scam investors neither does it givesMLB investors room for them to scam us by not paying for the service rendered to them. You will do well to visit our signature to know more about our service.

I never addressed you even for a minute. My message goes to naive and unsophisticated investors, money is hard to come bye, treat every coin will a great deal of respect, and invest in only legal and insured vehicles. Tomorrow will be ours for the taking.

Don't let the scammers fool you!

10 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by sabanageorge(f): 2:01pm On Oct 27, 2017

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by sabanageorge(f): 2:03pm On Oct 27, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by sabanageorge(f): 2:03pm On Oct 27, 2017

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by sabanageorge(f): 2:06pm On Oct 27, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by dotcomnamename: 4:19pm On Oct 27, 2017
sabanageorge:

Not if you bought it when it was only $300

Please tell us the meaning of RISK.

3 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Chudymario: 5:11pm On Oct 27, 2017
For the sake of not derailing the thread, I'll plead we tone down the tempo on this cryptocurrency debate. Oga feelamong has already done some justice on enlightenment in one of his investment threads. We can do our independent cross-checks with Google as well, but let's keep this thread on it's original track.

3 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by jaychubi: 7:27pm On Oct 27, 2017
So all these cryto and bitcoin idiots are still here and not banned. angry angry angry

I will never do those nonsenses they shld quit already

4 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by dotcomnamename: 8:16pm On Oct 27, 2017
jaychubi:
So all these cryto and bitcoin idiots are still here and not banned. angry angry angry

I will never do those nonsenses they shld quit already

I wonder O! grin
Re: Mutual Funds by Fxmanager(m): 2:23am On Oct 28, 2017
huslerr:
drop a link or your company name

Our team is the one trading the accounts. We are not making spurious financial assertions, we have 10 years experience in the online currency market, and our trading strategy has been tested in our private capacity for 4 years and has been seen to adapt to any market changing condition thereby reducing the risk to investors account, and can also last as long as the currency market exist, though there will a limit to the funds under management due to liquidity so as to maintain our good performance. We are not scammers and are not out to scam investors of their money, the investment structure does not give room for us to scam investors neither does it gives investors room for them to scam us by not paying for the service rendered to them. You will do well to visit our signature to know more about our service.

Visit the link below to learn more.

https://www.nairaland.com/3901897/currency-trading-journal-target-avg
Re: Mutual Funds by Fxmanager(m): 2:46am On Oct 28, 2017
dotcomnamename:

Please don't do forex. Don't lose your money. Its risk.

It is not that currency trading is risky, but when you investing in an inexperience trader and who might be using a trading strategy that cannot adapt to market changing conditions. Why do companies look for years of experience before hiring people? Don't you think we should not use the failures of others as a yard stick to measure our own success. It is because somebody has fail in a particular field of endeavor, it makes everybody going into that field a failure?

Below are few benefits of investing in successful currency traders.

1 Global Diversification: The performance of equity and fixed income investments in one country is often highly correlated with the performance of equity and fixed income investments in other countries. As a result, global portfolios composed solely of equity and fixed income investments lack full diversification, even if they are geographically dispersed. Investing in forex gives investors access to markets beyond equity and fixed income investments, providing more complete diversification and reduction in portfolio risk. The profitability of large investment bank like Morgan Stanley, J.P Morgan and Merrill Lynch often depend on foreign currency trading (forex). For example, when Goldman Sachs first became profitable far beyond analyst expectations after the financial bailout of 2008, they attributed their profitability to their Forex trading division. Do your research.

2 Reduce Portfolio Risk While Enhancing Returns: When combined with an investor's existing portfolio of equity and fixed income instruments, our currency trading investment program potentially reduces the volatility and risk of that portfolio with the goal of enhancing long term returns.

Visit the link below to see our 10 years experience in the online currency market at work

Re: Mutual Funds by jp130(m): 7:54am On Oct 28, 2017
Please how can I register for stanbic mmf online as their branch here in uyo requested for utility bill which I dnt av but I have national id card
Re: Mutual Funds by dotcomnamename: 8:28am On Oct 28, 2017
[s]
Fxmanager:

It is not that currency trading is risky, but when you investing in an inexperience trader and who might be using a trading strategy that cannot adapt to market changing conditions. Why do companies look for years of experience before hiring people? Don't you think we should not use the failures of others as a yard stick to measure our own success. It is because somebody has fail in a particular field of endeavor, it makes everybody going into that field a failure?

Below are few benefits of investing in successful currency traders.

1 Global Diversification: The performance of equity and fixed income investments in one country is often highly correlated with the performance of equity and fixed income investments in other countries. As a result, global portfolios composed solely of equity and fixed income investments lack full diversification, even if they are geographically dispersed. Investing in forex gives investors access to markets beyond equity and fixed income investments, providing more complete diversification and reduction in portfolio risk. The profitability of large investment bank like Morgan Stanley, J.P Morgan and Merrill Lynch often depend on foreign currency trading (forex). For example, when Goldman Sachs first became profitable far beyond analyst expectations after the financial bailout of 2008, they attributed their profitability to their Forex trading division. Do your research.

2 Reduce Portfolio Risk While Enhancing Returns: When combined with an investor's existing portfolio of equity and fixed income instruments, our currency trading investment program potentially reduces the volatility and risk of that portfolio with the goal of enhancing long term returns.

Visit the link below to see our 10 years experience in the online currency market at work

[/s]

STORY. A Risk is a Risk

Please stop derailing this thread!

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by dotcomnamename: 8:30am On Oct 28, 2017
[s]
Fxmanager:

Our team is the one trading the accounts. We are not making spurious financial assertions, we have 10 years experience in the online currency market, and our trading strategy has been tested in our private capacity for 4 years and has been seen to adapt to any market changing condition thereby reducing the risk to investors account, and can also last as long as the currency market exist, though there will a limit to the funds under management due to liquidity so as to maintain our good performance. We are not scammers and are not out to scam investors of their money, the investment structure does not give room for us to scam investors neither does it gives investors room for them to scam us by not paying for the service rendered to them. You will do well to visit our signature to know more about our service.

Visit the link below to learn more.

[/s]

Please stop destroying this thread with your Forex adverts every time. This thread is for Mutual Funds as you can see clearly. Nobody is stopping you from creating your own Forex Thread.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by khattab008: 9:56am On Oct 29, 2017
Hello house, please anyone here into Stanbic IBTC Imaan Fund? Have some questions.
Re: Mutual Funds by MrBigiman: 1:06pm On Oct 29, 2017
khattab008:
Hello house, please anyone here into Stanbic IBTC Imaan Fund? Have some questions.

Ask
Re: Mutual Funds by classy90: 6:41pm On Oct 29, 2017
please house for someone having a little issue with his Email account......can someone use his Gmail account during the form filling......please someone should answer please......
Re: Mutual Funds by kaze4blues(m): 6:14am On Oct 30, 2017
Apart from stanbic, which other banks are good for mutual funds?
Re: Mutual Funds by jinwas(m): 8:08am On Oct 30, 2017
kaze4blues:

Mutual Fund isn't a bank product. An asset management company product it is.

Kindly read through the pages of this thread to understand and learn more.
Re: Mutual Funds by anori: 10:30am On Oct 30, 2017
jp130:
Please how can I register for stanbic mmf online as their branch here in uyo requested for utility bill which I dnt av but I have national id card

There is no shortcut, you need a proof of address. If you can't apply in person you can do it online. I opened mine online and also re-subscriptions since 2014, I have never been in a Stanbic ibtc Asset Management branch before.
Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 11:26am On Oct 30, 2017
kaze4blues:

first bank
Re: Mutual Funds by kaze4blues(m): 11:29am On Oct 30, 2017
jinwas:

Mutual Fund isn't a bank product. An asset management company product it is.

Kindly read through the pages of this thread to understand and learn more.

Pardon my mistake.

Through which other banks apart from stanbic can I invest in mutual funds. In terms of convenience and rates

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 11:34am On Oct 30, 2017
PropertyAsset:
How I wish i know how tonatart with this.
go to the stanbic ibtc wesite and read about stanbic money market fund.

next, go to any branch of stanbic IBTC and ask for assest management officer.

open an account with 1 passport, Nepa bill and voters card.

use you atm to pay in at least N5000 via their pos there.

check your email from that evening.
you may also get sms welcome messages.

thats how to start.
Re: Mutual Funds by jinwas(m): 11:48am On Oct 30, 2017
kaze4blues:

Pardon my mistake.

Through which other banks asset management companies apart from stanbic can I invest in mutual funds. In terms of convenience and rates

Your risk appetite depends on the type of fund(s) you might want to invest in (i.e Balance fund, equity fund, money market fund etc).

But do check https://fman.com.ng/ for list of various fund managers/asset management companies, their respective funds, daily price list and companies contact details too.
Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 11:50am On Oct 30, 2017
dandollar1:
I thought the fall in treasury bills rate is suppose to affect it.

you can sleep after investing in money market fund.

why?

Because it is mostly invested in treasury bills which has 100% capital security.

thats why the banks can tell you that your capital in a MMF is 100% guaranteed.

the price of TBills does affect MMf rates, but because some part of the funds are used for other secured, higher yeilding investment windows not ordinarily availble to individuals, the rates can go higher than TBills rates some times.

another reason for higher rates is, remember that Tbills pay interest upfront?

yes, the mmf managers reinvest the interest to earn more and sometimes share those interests with us to make the fund more attractive.

the beauty of MMF is that you can start with N5000 and add more as you get more unlike treasury bills that you can only add a minimum of 100k at a time.

Ain't MMF a beauty?! cheesy
Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 12:03pm On Oct 30, 2017
khattab008:
leave that thing alone.

how are they going to pay you interest if they are going to give out your money as loans without interest?

if you want to take big risk (possible loss of capital) do Equity fund

if you just want to take small risk do guaranteed or Balanced funds

if you do not want a kobo to loss from your capital while you get something better than a savings account inerest.. Do Money Market fund and relax
Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 12:09pm On Oct 30, 2017
Market women re really suffering from lack of info.

do you know that they do contribution and after they pay the trift collector at the end instead of getting something out?

yep.. Say they contribute 10000 to trift.. Collector takes 100 bucks per month. Thats 1200 off!

No interest at all..

i wish its easy to register such collection agency..i will offer market women a progam to earn something instead.
Re: Mutual Funds by dotcomnamename: 12:14pm On Oct 30, 2017
ernie4life:

Abacus is one of the oldest unit trust.
It was recently acquired by investment one funds management limited and converted into a money market fund.
United capital trustee are the registrars/ trustees, Stanbic IBTC are the custodians.
Augusto Co rated the fund A+.
Based on the current performance of the fund seems investment one fund management are doing a good job because the performance of the fund was the highest in may.
Minimum subscription is 1k
Pays dividend quarterly
Asset classification is 100% money market
So far so good everything seems alright.

Nice one!
Re: Mutual Funds by jinwas(m): 12:20pm On Oct 30, 2017
RealityShot:

you can sleep after investing in money market fund.

why?

Because it is mostly invested in treasury bills which has 100% capital security.

thats why the banks can tell you that your capital in a MMF is 100% guaranteed.

the price of TBills does affect MMf rates, but because some part of the funds are used for other secured, higher yeilding investment windows not ordinarily availble to individuals, the rates can go higher than TBills rates some times.

another reason for higher rates is, remember that Tbills pay interest upfront?

yes, the mmf managers reinvest the interest to earn more and sometimes share those interests with us to make the fund more attractive.

the beauty of MMF is that you can start with N5000 and add more as you get more unlike treasury bills that you can only add a minimum of 100k at a time.

Ain't MMF a beauty?! cheesy

Nice.

How about the flip side though? In case of economic reality (i.e rates coming down) and heavy redemptions (investors diversifying their portfolios).

All these can take a toll on the NAV and price of a MMF, albeit can be mitigated depending on how well the fund manager continually re-classify the fund's asset classes.

MMF is much juicy during a dwindling economy, the NAV grows on some next level type on steroid mehn.

Not to erase your opinion on MMF though. Just the flip side.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 12:39pm On Oct 30, 2017
jinwas:

Nice.

How about the flip side though? In case of economic reality (i.e rates coming down) and heavy redemptions (investors diversifying their portfolios).

All these can take a toll on the NAV and price of a MMF, albeit can be mitigated depending on how well the fund manager continually re-classify the fund's asset classes.

MMF is much juicy during a dwindling economy, the NAV grows on some next level type on steroid mehn.

Not to erase your opinion on MMF though. Just the flip side.

Cheers.
i like this flip-side view!

you see, its a fact that TBills have not gone below 9% since 2008!

so as long as it stays above that..the only treat to mmf is war! And govt default in TBills repayment (which hasnt happened in 40 yrs! and our foreign reserves just hit new high of $34billion).

mind you SIMM fund is run by a BANK that has minimum of 100billion insurance at the CBN..So the bank guarantees your money and CBN guarantees the bank..

you are Double SuRE!

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 12:44pm On Oct 30, 2017
ernie4life:

investment one fund managers
please why did investment One pull out of GTBank?
Re: Mutual Funds by jinwas(m): 12:49pm On Oct 30, 2017
RealityShot:

i like this flip-side view!

you see, its a fact that TBills have not gone below 9% since 2008!

so as long as it stays above that..the only treat to mmf is war! And govt default in TBills repayment (which hasnt happened in 40 yrs! and our foreign reserves just hit new high of $34billion).

mind you SIMM fund is run by a BANK that has minimum of 100billion insurance at the CBN..So the bank guarantees your money and CBN guarantees the bank..

you are Double SuRE!

Lol.

Tell me something i don't know. You work for Stanbic IBTC don't you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (320) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.