Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,777 members, 7,955,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:12 PM

Some Terrorists Surrender With Weapons In Konduga - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Some Terrorists Surrender With Weapons In Konduga (812 Views)

10 More Boko Haram Terrorists Surrender / Military Captures Injured Boko Haram Commander In Konduga Battle 18th September / Nigerian Military Release Photos From The Battle In Konduga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Terrorists Surrender With Weapons In Konduga by saqo(m): 4:27pm On Sep 21, 2014
Following relentless onslaught by troops, many members of the Boko Haram terrorists group are beginning to surrender voluntarily. Some of them submitted themselves and their weapons to the leadership of the troops in Konduga during a further campaign at the weekend.

The Defence Headquarters has tweeted that "as the heat on the terrorists continues, five terrorists surrendered on Saturday (September 20, 2014) with all their weapons to troops at Konduga, pleading for mercy."

Other captured terrorists who refused to surrender have also been giving useful information on the subsequent plans of the group in an apparent offer to cooperate.

In the last few days there have been several attempts by terrorists desperate to gain entry to Konduga, which the Nigerian troops, have continued to foil.

The PRNigeria gathered that the terrorists’ move was aimed at recovering the bodies of their prominent fighters who had died in the previous encounters in the area.

Meanwhile the Nigerian troops have recovered more weapons during the mopped up operations while some of their (terrorists') vehicles have been destroyed.

See attached some of the recent pictures from military operation

Re: Some Terrorists Surrender With Weapons In Konduga by MANGAM(m): 4:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
Good news
Re: Some Terrorists Surrender With Weapons In Konduga by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 21, 2014
If u see d way I'vv been dancing here, u'll think iv just won a lottery; this newss so gladen my hearts; I'm so thrilled; can't wait to go join these boiz...
We really need good commanders like this; with good strategies...

For the people dat know nothing about war; U might want to know dat. "Strategies goes a longer way to win war,not just sophistication" an apt case in history. ' The vietnam war, when d french, failed woefully to strategy; despite their sophistcation... grin. Military sweet oohhh!!! Chai!!!
Re: Some Terrorists Surrender With Weapons In Konduga by kelvin1191(m): 5:56pm On Sep 21, 2014
Pls do inform me if they were given amnesty especially the pilot training maybe in Russia make i go submit my father's dane gun. I av been leaving my beards so long for this so it will look like Abubakar Shekau. Me self like amnesty!

2 Likes

Re: Some Terrorists Surrender With Weapons In Konduga by PHfinest(m): 10:13pm On Sep 21, 2014
Make Shekau's mimicker release another album if he no dey fear

(1) (Reply)

Artistes And Politics; The Big Gap In Between / Photos: Volcano Hits Japan Leaving31 Hikers Dead!!! / Nigeria@54 Independence Day Presidential Speech - 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.