Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,690 members, 7,809,606 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

Ill Battle Jonathan For PDP Ticket-tafawa Balewa's Son - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ill Battle Jonathan For PDP Ticket-tafawa Balewa's Son (855 Views)

PDP Opens Sale Of Presidential Forms To Tafawa Balewa's Son, And Others. / B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ill Battle Jonathan For PDP Ticket-tafawa Balewa's Son by Everfrank(m): 1:29am On Sep 22, 2014
The son of Nigeria’s first Republic Prime Minister, Dr. Abdul-Jhalil Tafawa-Balewa, has said he will contest the 2015 presidential election on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party.

Tafawa-Balewa condemned plot by the national leadership of the party to demoralize other presidential aspirants by adopting President Goodluck Jonathan as the sole presidential candidate of the party.

He was responding to the adoption of Jonathan by the party’s National Executive Committee at its meeting in Abuja on Thursday.

With the adoption, the party said it expected all members of the party including those nursing presidential ambition to drop it and queue behind the President.

But Tafawa-Balewa said he would not be intimidated with such decision.

He said in a statement on Sunday that such endorsement was undemocratic.

He said, “I’m not intimidated by the decision of the PDP governors and the party to support the second term aspiration of President Goodluck Jonathan.

“What type of democracy do we have? Is the PDP a communist party? Where is the place of internal democracy?”

He said the greater majority of Nigerians had been yearning for a leadership capable of fulfilling their high expectations and aspirations.

He asked Nigerians to listen to facts and that they should not be carried away with the party’s decision.

“What Nigerians need and where they want the country to be in future are paramount issues. We need to put our ideas before the people and allow them to decide,” he added.

Promising to make Nigeria an industrialized country, Tafawa-Balewa said his a7dministration would ensure zero unemployment, better education, maximum security and increased power supply.

“Nigeria needs to move from Third World to First world” he said.

On financial muscle to withstand the pressure of a presidential contest, he insisted that good Nigerians would support him fully.

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2014/09/ill-battle-jonathan-for-pdp-ticket.html?m=1
Re: Ill Battle Jonathan For PDP Ticket-tafawa Balewa's Son by Nobody: 1:58am On Sep 22, 2014
No...I take it that he is simply after a ministerial slot..one would have expected someone like him to run under APC and at least as a Governor or so first and show us his capacity the way Fashola has beautifully done even though haters may keep ranting... That's prolly how to start.

as for me..we need people like Fashola...Buhari...Oshiomole and El-Rufai in high places...

At the FCT Ministry in Abuja...all workers can vow that it was not business as usual when Elrufai was the minister... They can all vow that he supported bright ideas no matter the powers against it.

Oshiomole is also someone we all know ... Stubborn to the core...decisive in action...goal getter...

Fashola needs no introduction... The first governor to do everything different... Simplicity in office...fast in response... Pragmatic in policy making... Modern in thinking... Totally dynamic in adminstration... And brilliant

Buhari...those who hate him have no idea why they do...he remains the most incorruptible ... Fearless... Patriotic and principled leadership figure remaining in Nigeria today. Nigeria may not be able to have the likes of Buhari in another 50years time...

Judging by history...A Balewa might be incorruptible...but a record showing his ability to flush out corrupt officials in his government is lacking and hence...not the ultimate choice for presidency yet.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ill Battle Jonathan For PDP Ticket-tafawa Balewa's Son by ellapius(f): 2:13am On Sep 22, 2014
pls where is he from and which cattle farm has he been since.
Re: Ill Battle Jonathan For PDP Ticket-tafawa Balewa's Son by Kestolove(m): 3:01am On Sep 22, 2014
Even ur dad tafawa balewa wont be happy to see you runnin unda d platform of d PDP.

3 Likes

Re: Ill Battle Jonathan For PDP Ticket-tafawa Balewa's Son by ifaoni(m): 3:25am On Sep 22, 2014
gud but watch ur back
Re: Ill Battle Jonathan For PDP Ticket-tafawa Balewa's Son by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 22, 2014
Don't waste ur money.

1 Like

Re: Ill Battle Jonathan For PDP Ticket-tafawa Balewa's Son by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 22, 2014
Like I always say, it is a PDP Affair
Re: Ill Battle Jonathan For PDP Ticket-tafawa Balewa's Son by philantoxx(m): 8:24am On Sep 22, 2014
oya now proceed.
Re: Ill Battle Jonathan For PDP Ticket-tafawa Balewa's Son by Everfrank(m): 10:24am On Sep 22, 2014
The issue is that Jonathan's eligibility to contest again is still under question mark? By arm twisting and banning everybody else from contesting onvthr platform of PDP leaves aspirants with only one choice- the courts. All they are waiting is for the President to declare his intention. I predict tough legal battle ahead. The cases involving Peter Obi, Boni Haruna etc are there as reference
Re: Ill Battle Jonathan For PDP Ticket-tafawa Balewa's Son by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 22, 2014
Sai Tafawa Balewa ...anything to replace this Otuoke-born next year would suffice grin

(1) (Reply)

Drawing The Line Between APC And PDP Supporters / If Buhari Picks Fashola As Presidential Running Mate, Jonathan Will Be Defeated / Amaechi Hates Me Because I Told Him To Stop Insulting President Jonathan- Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.