Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,132 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:20 AM

White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! (5932 Views)

Samsung Wanting To Build An 11K Mobile Display That Can Look Alike 3D / Wanting To Relocate To Nigeria From America! What Jobs Are Available For Me? / Does Any One Know Of Record Label Wanting To Sign Upcoming Artistes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by 100Cents: 4:34pm On Sep 22, 2014
whiteroses: no one will want the cyber cafe service/too many .. i'll advise do not venture into business in Nigeria yet it will not work because you do not have the Gidi experience critical for business in naija, do you have any qualifications? you will do very well in an office otherwise if you can read and write you can get some admin jobs. If none of the above applies to you just sit at home and pound yam because there is no benefit in nigeria

Omg. Wtf did you just say ?
Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by 100Cents: 4:39pm On Sep 22, 2014
kelvin1191:

Just be careful while walking around cos we also like to kidnap whites. Hahahahaha!

Not the hungry whites...

We only kidnap expatriates. The oil company type.

Unless madam is coming down to open a filling station or palm oil processing plant..

1 Like

Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 22, 2014

1 Like

Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 22, 2014
beauty55: Hello fellow Nigerians. Am a young white woman , married to a Nigerian and we have 2 kids. We are planning to move to Nigeria in near future. Do you have any ideas what business area should I look into? I have been preparing to open a cyber cafe with a gaming station. I also have graduated from my business studies.
Hoping to get some good ideas and support to fasten our move to Nigeria..
Also if anyone has experiences of moving back home with kids born abroad, I would like to hear how did the kids respond to such a huge change.
Thanks for your help! smiley

nIGERIA DON FULL

2 Likes

Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by thrizzle(m): 5:01pm On Sep 22, 2014
optimumprimus: I won't advice you to stay there for more than a month. dirty enviornment,poor esthetics, dirty stinking, ignorant people with bad body odour, loud noises ,religous bigots and hyprocrites, etc.
I just don't like the place . the people are a victim of their dirty environment. their mentality is warped . they make jokes about everything. they have no empathy or courtesy. it's common to find dead bodies on the road side in Nigeria ,and no one would care.
did you get ráped by a Nigerian? why the hate

2 Likes

Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 22, 2014
Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by thrizzle(m): 5:10pm On Sep 22, 2014
optimumprimus: which of the follwing is not true : dirty enviornment,poor esthetics, dirty stinking, ignorant people with bad body odour,poor hygiene,poor diet , loud noises ,religous bigots and hyprocrites, beggars and parasites,ass kissers ,etc.
the people are a victim of their dirty environment. their mentality is warped ,perhaps from the hot excrutiating sun frying their pea brains .
they make jokes about everything. they have no empathy or courtesy. it's common to find dead bodies on the road side in Nigeria ,and no one would care.

they pray to a white bearded man up in the sky to rescue them from their mysery. they believe that the follwing things in the picture below can only be found in paradise or heaven, thats is why they are so religous in hope of enjoying these things heaven. these are basics that people in the developed world enjoy.
you sound pained... I feel like a Nigerian molested you.. did you get trolled? a problem shared is a problem solved.. what's the matter bro

2 Likes

Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 22, 2014
Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by thrizzle(m): 5:27pm On Sep 22, 2014
optimumprimus: your mentality sucks . I highlighted the facts about Nigeria based on my observation , and I'm pained or have no connection to Nigeria?
you generalized.. not every Nigerian has body or mouth odour not every nigerian is poor or the other things you highlighted you say my mentality sucks yet you're the retard generalizing.. get a life ignorant bastard

3 Likes

Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 22, 2014
Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by nigerianvenom(m): 5:46pm On Sep 22, 2014
beauty55:

I don't get the point?
Is it about bribery or kidnapping?
I am smart enough to hang out with people I know. I even drove in Nigeria. . That was the scariest part.. lol.. felt like I was driving amongst drunk people. . Lol.. no disrespect. .

why are u affraid of going into school business?that would av been the best for u.my inlaw is an indian and d fact that she is "white" makes her very successful in her school business.people rushes to send their kids to her school.thats is the best option for u.everybody are advicing u against cyber cafe and game center but u still insist.

nigeria is d faster growing country interm of ICT in africa.everybody owns a mobile fone or two,hence they have no need for cafe except if the wish to do registration or print some document.
school business or sachet water should be best for u,finally,becareful of scammers,inasmuch as we have sincere nigerians,we also have sincere scammers..my opinion!

2 Likes

Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by osifred(m): 5:53pm On Sep 22, 2014
thrizzle:
someone is asking for suggestions on her business you're talking about kidnapping this is why people like you will never move forward senseless maggot

I don't respond to people you place emotions and sentiment over common sense. That you referred me as a useless maggot without knowing me is a pointer to how low your life is.

If you understand a comment you can ask for clarification. I won't be dragged low to your level.
Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by thrizzle(m): 5:54pm On Sep 22, 2014
optimumprimus: did I say every nigerian is poor? you clearly lack comprehension skills . well just fvck off ,you idiiot!
hard to comprehend the stupidity you tried conveying.. dumb cûnt
Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by thrizzle(m): 5:54pm On Sep 22, 2014
optimumprimus: did I say every nigerian is poor? you clearly lack comprehension skills . well just fvck off ,you idiiot!
Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by osifred(m): 5:59pm On Sep 22, 2014
beauty55:

I don't get the point?
Is it about bribery or kidnapping?
I am smart enough to hang out with people I know. I even drove in Nigeria. . That was the scariest part.. lol.. felt like I was driving amongst drunk people. . Lol.. no disrespect. .

No I don't mean kidnapping. Nigeria has a way of frustrating it's own talk more of a foreigner. I referred you to Richard Brandson experience in Nigeria.
Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by Ryabcool(m): 6:00pm On Sep 22, 2014
beauty55: Hello fellow Nigerians. Am a young white woman , married to a Nigerian and we have 2 kids. We are planning to move to Nigeria in near future. Do you have any ideas what business area should I look into? I have been preparing to open a cyber cafe with a gaming station. I also have graduated from my business studies.
Also if anyone has experiences of moving back home with kids born abroad, I would like to hear how did the kids respond to such a huge change.
[b] cyber cafe is a very bad idea. Almost everyone uses mobile and the ones with PCs have modems. You'll recieve very low patronage.

So also game stations. Most people prefer to have them at home these days. Gone are the days people used to flock to game centres.

I'll advise you to think up something that is very unique and has a very high need. Esp if it can be imported from your home country. At least you'd know the right places to get quality at the cheapest prices.

If you are worried about the import charges, then you can otherwise invest in something crude(raw materials/resources) here and turn it to a finished/semi finished product.

But, if you're not cut out for that kinda business, try out a hair salon. It never fails! You'll always have customers! And the 'White Woman owning a hair salon' here in naija factor could have a wowing effect at least for a while which could draw up a very good customer base.

If you're a good cook, then you could set up a restaurant and bring in exotic meals from your home country over here. Nigerians are very curious and usually want to try out new stuff.

All these are ideas for a SME and have a good chance of booming if managed properly. But think deeply though before making decisions though. I can only profer ideas, you have to make the choice. So think well.

Thank me later. smiley [/b]

4 Likes

Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 22, 2014
I must really appreciate you for the boldness to leave your comfort zone to Nigeria with your family. Not many have such a heart; and since your family is involved , I raise my hat to you. you should know that relocating to Nigeria and adapting to a totally new environment wouldn't be an easy task much more the children but I believe with the open door nature of Nigerians, you will sure adapt in a jiffy. I would advise that you learn the rudiments of the language such as the greetings and pleasantries exchange e.t.c and also try to localize your fashion. I bet you;you will be accepted in the shortest possible time.
I want to believe that you are coming back with your husband and as such accommodation will be of less issue. As regards setting up a business, Nigeria is in a dire energy crisis and setting up an internet café will require constant off-grid power generation. however, internet operations are usually profitable in places of high traffic such as a tertiary institution. There exist several investment opportunities down here which I believe would be realized on entry and familiarization of your host community. I would advise however ( based on your area of specialization) to get a lecturing job in the tertiary institution there and you can also run your private business.
I wish you a wonderful stay in Nigeria.
kedu

2 Likes

Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 22, 2014
Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 22, 2014

There are a lot of things you can do in Nigeria. By the way you sound more African from the construction of your tenses. You sure you are a white woman? Anyway all the best.

Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by Donkaz(m): 6:08pm On Sep 22, 2014
woodcook: Mod please move to front page ejoo.
why?

Cos the op claimed to be white?? undecided
Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by thrizzle(m): 6:13pm On Sep 22, 2014
optimumprimus: shut up and ffvck off ,you low self esteemed dimwit with foam stuffed skull.
looool low self esteemed? nigga my self esteem is higher than your IQ suck a dick you pathetic attention seeking dog

1 Like

Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 22, 2014
Ryabcool: [b] cyber cafe is a very bad idea. Almost everyone uses mobile and the ones with PCs have modems. You'll recieve very low patronage.

So also game stations. Most people prefer to have them at home these days. Gone are the days people used to flock to game centres.

I'll advise you to think up something that is very unique and has a very high need. Esp if it can be imported from your home country. At least you'd know the right places to get quality at the cheapest prices.

If you are worried about the import charges, then you can otherwise invest in something crude(raw materials/resources) here and turn it to a finished/semi finished product.

But, if you're not cut out for that kinda business, try out a hair salon. It never fails! You'll always have customers! And the 'White Woman owning a hair salon' here in naija factor could have a wowing effect at least for a while which could draw up a very good customer base.

If you're a good cook, then you could set up a restaurant and bring in exotic meals from your home country over here. Nigerians are very curious and usually want to try out new stuff.

All these are ideas for a SME and have a good chance of booming if managed properly. But think deeply though before making decisions though. I can only profer ideas, you have to make the choice. So think well.

Thank me later. smiley [/b]

Very reasonable advice plus I agree with you.

I don't want to derail this thread but would like to ask you a couple of questions based on SME.
Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by davidflipcy(m): 6:24pm On Sep 22, 2014
Idrismusty97: You are too fast! You didn't even offer any advice.
don't mind me
Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by segend(m): 6:42pm On Sep 22, 2014

The 1st decision you need to make is where to live, i will recommend Lagos or Abuja. Abuja is more serene, but i think business thrive better in Lagos
Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 22, 2014
whiteroses: no one will want the cyber cafe service/too many .. i'll advise do not venture into business in Nigeria yet it will not work because you do not have the Gidi experience critical for business in naija, do you have any qualifications? you will do very well in an office otherwise if you can read and write you can get some admin jobs. If none of the above applies to you just sit at home and pound yam because there is no benefit in nigeria
Come on. How can a grown-up say there is no benefit in Africa's most prosperous economy. Foreigners succeed here. A lot.

2 Likes

Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:59pm On Sep 22, 2014
Plz I don't seem to get @ bolded.Kindly explain.Tenz!
optimumprimus: which of the follwing is not true : dirty enviornment,poor esthetics, dirty stinking, ignorant people with bad body odour,poor hygiene,poor diet , loud noises ,religous bigots and hyprocrites, beggars and parasites,ass kissers ,etc.
the people are a victim of their dirty environment. their mentality is warped ,perhaps from the hot excrutiating sun frying their pea brains .
they make jokes about everything. they have no empathy or courtesy. it's common to find dead bodies on the road side in Nigeria ,and no one would care.

they pray to a white bearded man up in the sky to rescue them from their mysery. they believe that the follwing things in the picture below can only be found in paradise or heaven, thats is why they are so religous in hope of enjoying these things heaven. these are basics that people in the developed world enjoy.
Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by Palacedaughter(f): 8:03pm On Sep 22, 2014
optimumprimus: shut up and ffvck off ,you low self esteemed dimwit with foam stuffed skull.
Nairaland is the best forum I have ever visited. Keep going. More ideas. Lmfao. I can't stop laughing. But wait o...did you construct those words for a human being. Chai! !!!!!
Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 22, 2014
beauty55: lol.. I know that the first time I travelled to Nigeria
I travelled alone. The only people who disturbed
me were the customs workers asking for bribe. I
might just buy a very huge gun
I have a better idea:

1 Like

Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 22, 2014
Hello, for the fact that you studied business in school is a big plus for you. Nigeria is all about business but you need to be very smart in order to withstand the pressure of doing business in Nigeria. Lack of constant power and dedication to work may be a little problem. Many young people here believe in getting rich quick without working so hard for it.

Notwithstanding though, your business would prosper but it strictly depends on the area where it is situated. So you must find a good place for it. Perhaps, not a very downtown. But slightly, so to speak. Ensure that you have steady power supply and pay your employees when due. This is absolutely important because no one is happy when he is owed. Your business center must be fully air-conditioned. Also, computers and other electronic appliances must work properly.

Though, returning home with your kids is a good idea but surely, they will find it difficult to adjust here. The weather would be so hot for them that they may not want to stay anymore. Honestly, you need to have a big heart. There are other places you can do business and make a huge profit, but I'm not going to sell my thoughts right now cheesy

Your English does not sound like a white woman. Perhaps, you've been Nigerialized cheesy
Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 22, 2014
Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by Ryabcool(m): 8:29pm On Sep 22, 2014
dimples2:

Very reasonable advice plus I agree with you.

I don't want to derail this thread but would like to ask you a couple of questions based on SME.
feel free smiley
Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by Idrismusty97(m): 8:30pm On Sep 22, 2014
optimumprimus: not all white countries speak english .
Lol...And he read where the OP said she is from Sweden.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Read This First Before Using A Counter Job As Leverage To Ask For A Raise / Kogi State Polytechnic Uncovers N145m Salary Scam / Career In JAIZ BANK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.