Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Reasons Why Young People Should Be Allowed Key Political Positions In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why Young People Should Be Allowed Key Political Positions In Nigeria (378 Views)

NASS: PDP Zones Minority Positions In The Senate / 'I Am Capable & Strong To Do What Young People Do' - Gov Oshiomole / Pictures from the President's Interaction with 5000 Young people in Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why Young People Should Be Allowed Key Political Positions In Nigeria by Josh1000: 11:39am On Sep 22, 2014
I can quite understand the reason why age is a limit for young people to get to key political positions in the country. They probably say the young lack experience but I think lack of experience is better than Corruption.
For selfish and political reasons elderly people are invited,appointed and elected to key positions leaving the leaders of tomorrow as spectators of unfair and selfish governance. Many people would should be elder statesmen and advisers lounging with retirement were invited for the national conference while the young ones were marginalised. This is unfair really! If it takes making a law for the young people- the youths to lead, I think It must be done....We must not remain quiet....Am launching this #tag on Nairaland which most of Us youths should start using to send a message to the nation!

#give the youths a chance
By JID

what's your take?
Re: Reasons Why Young People Should Be Allowed Key Political Positions In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 22, 2014
I just hope you aint talking about the youths of today that are focused more on having money without labour.
Re: Reasons Why Young People Should Be Allowed Key Political Positions In Nigeria by Josh1000: 11:54am On Sep 22, 2014
#give the youths a chance

(1) (Reply)

Some Boko Haram Terrorists Surrender, Plead For Mercy / Survey: There Are More Billionaires In The World Than Ever / Reasons Why There Shouldn't Be A Celebration Of Independence In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.