Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

NASS: PDP Zones Minority Positions In The Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS: PDP Zones Minority Positions In The Senate (24473 Views)

Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast / 2019: PDP Zones President To North, VP Goes To South East / PDP Zones 2019 Presidential Ticket To North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NASS: PDP Zones Minority Positions In The Senate by resty4(m): 7:50pm On Jul 01, 2015
The national leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party has zoned minority offices it expects its members in both the Senate and the House of Representatives to occupy.

National Publicity Secretary of the party, Chief Olisa Metuh, stated this at a press conference in Abuja on Wednesday.

Unlike the All Progressives Congress, he said his party would not pick individuals for the positions, but allow the officers to be appointed by their colleagues from their zones.

Metuh said the decision on the zoning was taken at the meeting of the members of the National Working Committee of the party held on Wednesday.

He said, “concerning the National Assembly and the PDP positions, the National Working Committee today met and announced that in consonance with the provision of the Standing Rules of the National Assembly, we expect our members – being minority members – to use their various zonal party caucuses to chose party principal officers to enable us provide effective opposition in the Senate.

“The party will not choose leaders for our senators. We will zone the position and expect the senators to fill in the positions.

“We have directed them to note that in accordance with the practice and convention of our party, the nomination process should take into consideration ranking, gender and religious sensitivities.

“Furthermore, it is the wish of the NWC that this exercise be concluded within one week and communicated accordingly.”

In the Senate, the party has zoned the office of the Minority Leader to South-South, the position of the Minority Whip has been moved to North-Central, while the North-East and South-West will provide the Deputy Minority Leader and Deputy Minority Whip, respectively.

In the House of Representatives, Metuh said the PDP caucus in the chamber had already zoned the position of the Minority Leader to the South-South without informing the party.
He said the party had accepted the decision.

Metuh listed other offices as zoned by the party to include Minority Whip, which has been zoned to the North-West, Deputy Minority Leader to come from the South-East while the North-East will fill the position of the Deputy Minority Whip.
http://www.punchng.com/news/nass-pdp-zones-minority-positions/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS: PDP Zones Minority Positions In The Senate by bright007(f): 7:51pm On Jul 01, 2015
can somebody help me answer this kwession....

who is the president of west Germany?

28 Likes

Re: NASS: PDP Zones Minority Positions In The Senate by Emekamex(m): 7:52pm On Jul 01, 2015
I hope they wont fight like APC

1 Like

Re: NASS: PDP Zones Minority Positions In The Senate by psucc(m): 7:57pm On Jul 01, 2015
. . . and that was the only signature that had polarised the APC against self.

If they had done this, the current banner headlines flying 'NASS Crisis' as if it is Afghanistan would not have been.

5 Likes

Re: NASS: PDP Zones Minority Positions In The Senate by amnesty7: 7:58pm On Jul 01, 2015
How times change. PDP sharing minority positions.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NASS: PDP Zones Minority Positions In The Senate by ziccoit: 8:00pm On Jul 01, 2015
Yet to spot the difference.

2 Likes

Re: NASS: PDP Zones Minority Positions In The Senate by ziccoit: 8:01pm On Jul 01, 2015
amnesty7:

That is life my bro. Very soon, they may have nothing to share again.

34 Likes

Re: NASS: PDP Zones Minority Positions In The Senate by LouisVanGaal(m): 8:15pm On Jul 01, 2015
amnesty7:
Bwahahahahahaha...WICKED u

18 Likes

Re: NASS: PDP Zones Minority Positions In The Senate by LouisVanGaal(m): 8:16pm On Jul 01, 2015
ziccoit:

That is life my bro. Very soon, they may have nothing to share again.
Lolzzzzzzzz...1000likes for you

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS: PDP Zones Minority Positions In The Senate by dexpee4life(m): 8:17pm On Jul 01, 2015
Do am fast

1 Like

Re: NASS: PDP Zones Minority Positions In The Senate by Bollove: 8:24pm On Jul 01, 2015
PDP may become the next party of CHANGE.
Better days ahead for Nigeria , I strongly believe.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS: PDP Zones Minority Positions In The Senate by UnknownT: 8:49pm On Jul 01, 2015
Leo Ogor should be the Minority Leader. No doubt!

6 Likes

Re: NASS: PDP Zones Minority Positions In The Senate by Agwoden(m): 9:29pm On Jul 01, 2015
This is how a responsible party should act not a winner takes it all mentality that is tearing away the region of treachery.

42 Likes

Re: NASS: PDP Zones Minority Positions In The Senate by doctokwus: 9:39pm On Jul 01, 2015
I don't see this ending without crisis of its own.
How can a fmr senate president, David Mark not automatically become d minority leader.
PDP is either being naive or somebody has just allocated to himself authority he hadn't to assign offices.
Let's see how this unfolds but I don't see d positions so allocated standing d test of time.

5 Likes

Re: NASS: PDP Zones Minority Positions In The Senate by ShowYourCertificate: 9:39pm On Jul 01, 2015
I hope APC and the Daura President are learning grin

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS: PDP Zones Minority Positions In The Senate by ShowYourCertificate: 9:42pm On Jul 01, 2015
doctokwus:
How can a fmr senate president, David Mark not automatically become d minority leader.
PDP is either being naive or somebody has just allocated to himself authority he hadn't to assign offices.
Let's see how this unfolds but I don't see d positions so allocated standing d test of time.
We are in a democracy, not autocracy. Nobody is "automatically" selected as a leader. Rather he's to be "democratically" elected. Watch and learn cool

34 Likes

Re: NASS: PDP Zones Minority Positions In The Senate by ShowYourCertificate: 9:45pm On Jul 01, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
I hope APC and the Daura President are learning grin
I can see that #Dullard has been modified to #president. Weldone mods, I can see ur handiwork.

2 Likes

Re: NASS: PDP Zones Minority Positions In The Senate by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 01, 2015
amnesty7:
My Brother, PDP shall rise again!

@Topic: I wish them the best

22 Likes

Re: NASS: PDP Zones Minority Positions In The Senate by quixotic: 9:49pm On Jul 01, 2015
doctokwus:
it was reported weeks ago that david mark turned down the minority leader position.and it was agreed James manager from delta should occupy it. Pdp is just acting a script.they already know their principal officers.

9 Likes

Re: NASS: PDP Zones Minority Positions In The Senate by dayo23(f): 9:50pm On Jul 01, 2015
If them like let them zone it to Chad, that is there buisness.

1 Like

Re: NASS: PDP Zones Minority Positions In The Senate by dayo23(f): 9:51pm On Jul 01, 2015
barcanista:
My Brother, PDP shall rise again!

@Topic: I wish them the best
Keep wishing and hoping for the next 16yrs, you forgot u are in Naija. U think say na so e easy to collect power?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS: PDP Zones Minority Positions In The Senate by Shaadey: 9:52pm On Jul 01, 2015
At least it'll keep them busy
Re: NASS: PDP Zones Minority Positions In The Senate by barry40: 9:52pm On Jul 01, 2015
I usually support zoning system regardless of the party involved whether PDP or APC.
Re: NASS: PDP Zones Minority Positions In The Senate by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 01, 2015
dayo23:
Keep wishing and hoping for the next day 16yrs, you forgot u are in Naija.
2019 oooo

4 Likes

Re: NASS: PDP Zones Minority Positions In The Senate by kennydee05(m): 9:53pm On Jul 01, 2015
Don't mind the wailing wailers.
They should zone it to North Central and automatically David Mark becomes the Minority leader...
E.g of grace to grass for the wailing wailers.

1 Like

Re: NASS: PDP Zones Minority Positions In The Senate by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 01, 2015
PDP has started putting their house in order with the way they are zoning their positions. PDP is rising fast while .Daura .Dullard party is going down faster than drilling machine

14 Likes

Re: NASS: PDP Zones Minority Positions In The Senate by MrMcJay(m): 9:54pm On Jul 01, 2015
amnesty7:

It should be a time of sober reflections for PDP members and a warning to the APC members.
Re: NASS: PDP Zones Minority Positions In The Senate by dayo23(f): 9:54pm On Jul 01, 2015
barcanista:
2019 oooo
hope say na Saraki sha..... grin grin grin
Re: NASS: PDP Zones Minority Positions In The Senate by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 01, 2015
quixotic:
it was reported weeks ago that david mark turned down the minority leader position.and it was agreed James manager from delta should occupy it. Pdp is just acting a script.they already know their principal officers.
I hope David Mark finally go on retirement in 2019

2 Likes

Re: NASS: PDP Zones Minority Positions In The Senate by Bollove: 9:54pm On Jul 01, 2015
doctokwus:
David Mark has already been conferred with the title of "leader" to the Senate that is why Saraki sought he be singly sworn in as a mark of respect.

David Mark is too much for the position of minority leader .......... Anything other than Senate President or Chairman of a critical committee would be ummmmmmmphhh for David Mark's person.

3 Likes

Re: NASS: PDP Zones Minority Positions In The Senate by writetopoker: 9:55pm On Jul 01, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soludo Wins Awka South LGA, Awka With Landslide Victory. / Anyim-Ganduje Meeting: PDP Faces More Upset As Defection Looms / Chris Uba's Daughter, Nkem's Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.