Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,590 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Interesting Quotes From My Book'' The Truth About Nigeria'' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Interesting Quotes From My Book'' The Truth About Nigeria'' (616 Views)

An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! / The Truth About The Second Niger Bridge-Chibuzo N. Ziggy Azike / Quotable Quotes From Dame Patient Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interesting Quotes From My Book'' The Truth About Nigeria'' by bilms(m): 5:03pm On Sep 22, 2014
INTERESTING QUOTES FROM MY BOOK'' THE TRUTH ABOUT NIGERIA''

“Truly, we were born with nothing, but when we came into this world, we all need something and if we work hard enough, we shall acquire it.”

‘’Youthfulness or being a youthful person is an opportunity to make changes happen in your own life time. If you fail to effect the changes you deserve as a youth, you shall live the rest of your life hoping on others.’’

‘’We must always strive to make others interested in the right direction and challenge them to take greater portion of their life, their work and their society.’’

‘’For the African youth to stand a chance of restoring the negative precedence of our fathers, the new generation of leaders must set a new standard of leadership devoid of the inherited tribalism. We must embrace each other as brothers and sisters irrespective of tribe or religion and collectively set a common standard of leadership based on a common purpose with truth, sincerity, love and oneness.’’

‘’There is no future waiting for the youths tomorrow, there is only today because in reality, there is no tomorrow. Tomorrow means forever and forever means timelessness. Therefore, we must all come to term with reality and know that the only tomorrow we have is today and today means this moment.’’

Nigeria has the largest economy in Africa; it has the largest enterprising citizens and also has the largest poverty. But despite its poverty, its citizens can still afford to provide certain alternative basic services for themselves.

“If you are black, be a good black person. If you are white, be a good white person. If you are African, be a good African, if you are Arab, be a good Arab and if you are either European or American, just be good. If everyone can be good to humanity in their own little ways without being bad to any human, the world would be better for that.”

“Without any doubt, Nigeria has proven to have monumental challenges confronting the country. However, none of its challenges is as a result of any natural disasters, they are artificially created by the activities of her leaders and citizens alike.”

“There is no natural or spiritual intervention that can rescue Nigeria from its shaky state, unless its citizens reverse the trend with their actions.”

“Change is not natural in human behaviour, though it is constant in human existence, but this doesn’t just occur out of the blue, it occurs as a result of events and actions or inactions.”

Don’t write to impress, don’t write so people could praise your writing skills and style, rather, write to provoke self reflection to force change of attitude.

“Nigeria has no leadership hero to be emulated, neither does it have purposeful leaders to be cited. The new generation must therefore be their own heroes, set their own purpose and create a generally acceptable standard of performance.
Re: Interesting Quotes From My Book'' The Truth About Nigeria'' by ogbenicodes(m): 8:02pm On Sep 22, 2014
OP, unless you are "Abdulrazaq" on facebook, I don't know why you shouldn't put a source to this.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Quotes From My Book'' The Truth About Nigeria'' by bilms(m): 8:38pm On Sep 22, 2014
Its him. Thanks
Re: Interesting Quotes From My Book'' The Truth About Nigeria'' by bilms(m): 3:47am On Sep 23, 2014
Re: Interesting Quotes From My Book'' The Truth About Nigeria'' by drsolob2(m): 5:32am On Sep 23, 2014
Wow am so loving this thumps up op
Re: Interesting Quotes From My Book'' The Truth About Nigeria'' by ogbenicodes(m): 9:28am On Sep 23, 2014
bilms: Its him. Thanks

Okay, gone through your nairaland profile already. Nice.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Quotes From My Book'' The Truth About Nigeria'' by pazienza(m): 10:37am On Sep 23, 2014
Waste of time and effort. Abudulrazaq should save the sermon for a future Arewa/Odua republic,we have seen people with better sermons and platitudes than him go mute when invited to partake in the national cake.
Re: Interesting Quotes From My Book'' The Truth About Nigeria'' by bilms(m): 10:53am On Sep 23, 2014
what are you talking about Pazi?
Re: Interesting Quotes From My Book'' The Truth About Nigeria'' by pazienza(m): 3:44pm On Sep 24, 2014
bilms: what are you talking about Pazi?

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of The Day: Rochas Okorocha And His Bicycle... / FELLOW EKITI:::: E-11 Finally Turned Us Against Each Other / DHQ Faults Boko Haram’s Claim On Shekau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.