Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,618 members, 7,955,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:11 PM

An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! (3152 Views)

Photos From Military Accidental Jet Strike At IDP Camp In Borno / US Justice Department Issues Statement On Atiku Abubakar’s Alleged Criminal Case / El-rufai No Longer Accidental Public Servant – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 1:06am On Dec 29, 2015
Some days ago, a post was made of an extract from former president Olusegun Obasanjo’s book ‘My Watch’ about Atiku Abubakar, well here is another excerpt from Mallam Nasir El-Rufai’s book ‘The Accidental Public Servant’ which seems to concur with baba’s story. The Accidental Public Servant’ by Mallam Nasir El-Rufai is a good read which I recommend for young Nigerians, especially those who aspire to pursue a career in the Public Service.
I recall that one day, after an especially vile quarrel I had with Obasanjo over the frustration of the privatization of Nigeria Airways, I came to a point at which I had seriously considered resigning from the BPE. When I walked into Atiku’s office, and while standing up expressed my frustration and intentions, he motioned for me to sit down.
“Where are you going? You can’t leave,” he said. “We are about to have the whole thing”.
I was taken aback and I was not sure what he meant.
“What do you mean sir?”
He told me about a marabout in Cameroon who had been in touch with him since the very first time he contested for state governor in his home state of Gongola, now Adamawa and Taraba States. At the time, the marabout had told him not to waste his time because he was not going to win and he lost. The second time he tried, the soothsayer told him he was going to lose, and lo and behold, he lost again. The third time he attempted to be governor, so the story goes, the marabout told him he was going to win the election but he was not going to actually become the governor. And so it came to pass. Atiku won the election, but before he could take office, Obasanjo chose him to be his running mate. On the strength of this fable, Atiku appeared to have placed his faith in the predictions of this marabout.
“Nasir, this ‘mallam’ has been consistently right in his predictions.”
“Wow, that is very interesting sir, but what does this have to do with my resignation?”
“Because the same mallam said Obasanjo will not complete his first term.”
“Really?”
“Yes. So why do you want to go? When I am president, we are going to take charge of this place and fix it and I will need you. You are one of my best people.”
Personally, I do not believe in all this marabout stuff, though many people I know do. After Atiku shared this momentous prediction with me, what could I do? My hands were effectively tied from taking any immediate action. So I said, “Fine Mr. Vice president, I will hang in there.” One must never underestimate the effect of both Islamic and Christian spiritualists on African politicians. For instance, at the height of the Obasanjo-Atiku feud between 2005 and 2006, Uba Sani, my friend and special assistant to Obasanjo on Public Communications, shared a one-page list of predictions by a mallam purportedly obtained from Atiku’s camp, predicting that Obasanjo will die in March 2007, with Atiku being sworn in as President. With all this floating around, it is easy for the unwary to become intoxicated, and for vaulting ambition to prevail over common sense.
(Culled from: The Accidental Public Servant by Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai; Chapter 6; Page 145-146)

1 Like

Re: An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! by Gyarados(m): 1:19am On Dec 29, 2015
Hm.
Re: An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! by ibkgab001: 1:30am On Dec 29, 2015
The same person that banned me also unbanned me see God at work
Re: An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! by Pangea: 1:42am On Dec 29, 2015
This Atiku guy is very dangerous,
I hope Buhari is monitoring him?

9 Likes

Re: An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! by Heromaniaa: 1:58am On Dec 29, 2015
With all this floating around, it is easy for the unwary to become intoxicated, and for vaulting ambition to prevail over common sense.

Reminds me of Macbeth and the prophecy of The three witches. The lure of power, Greed and evil Ambition will destroy this country faster than bokoharam and corruption put together. We need God's intervention.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! by sirconfidence1(m): 2:03am On Dec 29, 2015
Atiku himself, the most overambitious nigerian politician. I can now understand why he called Obasanjo monster in 2007. He tried all means to unseat OBJ, but his efforts proved abortive.

8 Likes

Re: An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 2:09am On Dec 29, 2015
Lalasticlala, mynd44 come and see shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! by lawydewy(m): 5:31am On Dec 29, 2015
If not for OBJ,Nigeria would have been in doom! By the grace of god, he make sure the like of IBB,ATIKU&RIMI didn't contest or won the election.
I believe God love Nigeria..

5 Likes

Re: An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! by ikaboy: 6:06am On Dec 29, 2015
[color=#550000][/color]Any force, combined forces to unseat our dear PMB, will not only fail but backfire. Y hasn't his marabout predict the solution to boko harm? Green snake of a man. I trust obasanjo and Jagaban to tame and frustrate his malicious ambitions.

4 Likes

Re: An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! by modath(f): 6:13am On Dec 29, 2015
Heromaniaa:
With all this floating around, it is easy for the unwary to become intoxicated, and for vaulting ambition to prevail over common sense.

Reminds me of Macbeth and the prophecy of The three witches. The lure of power, Greed and evil Ambition will destroy this country faster than bokoharam and corruption put together. We need God's intervention.

You are a literati? wink Sums up Atiku to a T !!!

Atiku cannot differentiate between deus ex machina & manipulating one's way to glory!!

In his warped mind, the end will justify the means.

Cc henovy .. smiley

2 Likes

Re: An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! by Pidggin(f): 6:24am On Dec 29, 2015
GEJ remains the only man that entered Asorock without shedding blood
Re: An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! by Heromaniaa: 6:40am On Dec 29, 2015
modath:

Atiku cannot differentiate between deus ex machina & manipulating one's way to glory!!

Cc henovy .. smiley

Re: An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! by Babacele: 6:53am On Dec 29, 2015
Pidggin:
GEJ remains the only man that entered Asorock without shedding blood
tell that to Gen Azazi, ex gov Patrick Yakowa, victims of 2011 post election violence, the hundreds of soldiers killed as a result of Dasukigate, victims of the assasination attempt on PMB in kaduna in 2014, several Petie instigated deaths in okrika in Rivers during the campaigns ,several innocent folks that lost their lives in pre n during elections in Rivers, Akwa Ibom as the fed gov looked away etc, leadership comes with responsibility .

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! by slyng(m): 7:06am On Dec 29, 2015
Babacele:
tell that to Gen Azazi, ex gov Patrick Yakowa, victims of 2011 post election violence, the hundreds of soldiers killed as a result of Dasukigate, victims of the assasination attempt on PMB in kaduna in 2014, several Petie instigated deaths in okrika in Rivers during the campaigns ,several innocent folks that lost their lives in pre n during elections in Rivers, Akwa Ibom as the fed gov looked away etc, leadership comes with responsibility .
what an epic reply!

3 Likes

Re: An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! by Degis(m): 7:09am On Dec 29, 2015
All these Atiku this, Atiku that stories is really hilarious. Buhari Vendors Organization have been given mandate to soil Atiku's name on the social media for holding meetings in Dubai in readiness for 2019.

God will punish you guys and expose you people who went to Aisha Buhari's party to collect money to rubbish Atiku

Well, for all I care, I don't have any sympathy for Atiku but collecting money to destroy another person is just horrible
Re: An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! by Banter1(m): 7:27am On Dec 29, 2015
I really love to read this book.
Re: An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! by Henovy: 7:30am On Dec 29, 2015
modath:

Cc henovy .. smiley

Some people are just overambitious. They do not want Godswill to be done. Herein lies one of the disadvantages of prophesy. If the guy just did his job well and continued to be loyal, who knows, his destiny to become president would have materialized.
Re: An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! by modath(f): 7:47am On Dec 29, 2015
Henovy:

Some people are just overambitious. They do not want Godswill to be done. Herein lies one of the disadvantages of prophesy. If the guy just did his job well and continued to be loyal, who knows, his destiny to become president would have materialized.

He is overambitious is small, the guy has a God complex, believing he has the "wizardry" to outmanouver everyone & everything to suit his ends... I cant discount the God factor but if it is as far as the eyes can see & mind can conceive, Atiku will only preside over his household!!

& you were right about the question.. smiley

2 Likes

Re: An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! by efilefun(m): 7:56am On Dec 29, 2015
Some people were already calling OBJ names on the previous thread

2 Likes

Re: An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! by johnmartus(m): 8:20am On Dec 29, 2015
ATIKU?
Re: An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! by jamesharryson(m): 9:19am On Dec 29, 2015
I pity anyone who buys this story of Atiku this and Atiku that from Buhari and his men. In case you don't know, this is one of the strategies Buhari wants to use and bring down his closest opponent come 2019. why didn't Mr El-Rufai say this for so long? why is he saying it now? Why is the media publish this crab now after their visit to Aso Rock? "My people perish for lack of knowledge". I pray you also will not perish for lack of knowledge of what Buhari is up to. El rufai is planning to be either the presidential or vice presidential flag bearer come 2019, that is why he is doing so much in this. Please someone should help me tell them to concentrate and do the works they were voted for and leave cheap blackmails for now.

LONG LIVE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
Re: An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! by Aviero: 10:09am On Dec 29, 2015
jamesharryson:
I pity anyone who buys this story of Atiku this and Atiku that from Buhari and his men. In case you don't know, this is one of the strategies Buhari wants to use and bring down his closest opponent come 2019. why didn't Mr El-Rufai say this for so long? why is he saying it now? Why is the media publish this crab now after their visit to Aso Rock? "My people perish for lack of knowledge". I pray you also will not perish for lack of knowledge of what Buhari is up to. El rufai is planning to be either the presidential or vice presidential flag bearer come 2019, that is why he is doing so much in this. Please someone should help me tell them to concentrate and do the works they were voted for and leave cheap blackmails for now.

Oboi! You dull no be small.. Dafuq are you talking about?

The book was originally published in 2013.

YOU HAVE PERISHED ALREADY.

8 Likes

Re: An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! by kelsberg(m): 10:14am On Dec 29, 2015
Atiku the politician with swag
Re: An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! by pat077: 11:08am On Dec 29, 2015
The only good tin obj did in his second term was stoppin d likes of atiku and ibb from becomin president.

1 Like

Re: An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! by hajlat(m): 2:06pm On Dec 29, 2015
Obasanjo.Tinubu.Amaechi.Buhari.ElRufai. #Teamnigeria. You can add yours.
Re: An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 5:57pm On Dec 29, 2015
jamesharryson:

atiku is not one threat buhari should anticipate facing come 2019
Re: An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! by Pdizzle(m): 8:05pm On Dec 29, 2015
Aviero:

Oboi! You dull no be small.. Dafuq are you talking about?

The book was originally published in 2013.

YOU HAVE PERISHED ALREADY.

Dude!

(1) (Reply)

We Are Battle Ready Against Niger Delta Militants – Gani Adams / Don’t Come To Ekiti To Campaign For Buhari – Fayose Govt Warns Orji Kalu / SE To Establish Cattle Ranches For Fulani. This Is Betrayal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.