Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

5 Reasons Not To Judge People - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 5 Reasons Not To Judge People (4018 Views)

Compare And Contrast These Christmas Wishes And Judge For Yourself.(image) / I Stopped To Judge People After Reading This / Don't Judge People Before U Knw Them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Judge People by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 23, 2014
crackhaus:
Hehehe...you believed that? cheesy

Why not or you meant to say I should sieve your words henceforth? undecided

Another empty mail
Still patient and expecting wink
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Judge People by nora544: 6:04pm On Sep 23, 2014
MizMyColi: 5 Reasons Not to Judge People:

1. You don’t know what is going on inside another person.
How many times have you been asked how you are, and said “fine,” even though you weren’t? We all know this is true. We mask our pain. We suffer in silence. We put on the happy/smiley face when we are dying inside. Just because you don’t see it, doesn’t mean another person isn’t hurting. A person’s actions or behaviors may not be any indication of what is going on inside of them.

2. People are doing the best they can.
I know this is sometimes difficult to believe about another person. I get that. It’s hard for me at times to believe that about others. But think about it. You know it’s true. It’s complicated! Life is complicated! People are complicated! There are a lot of moving parts inside and outside a person. Aren’t we all a little off – carrying pain, unhealed wounds, ways we protect ourselves, and other dysfunctions we have picked up a long the way?

3. You don’t have all the answers.
At times we can look at another person’s life and just see all this stupid stuff it appears they’re doing. On the outside looking in, another person’s life seems pretty cut and dry to us in terms of what they should be doing or not doing or how they are handing a situation or whatever. It’s amazing how quickly we turn into the infallible personal life coach when it comes to another person’s life!

4. Being judged hurts.
It’s quite possible that the most painful human feeling is one of being judged. There’s so much involved – silent pain; being misunderstood; rejection in the very moment we most need understanding, love and acceptance.

5. Every human being is worth love and acceptance.
Judging people often leads to objectifying them. People are not objects. A suicide happens every 20 seconds. People will often show up in our lives at the end of their rope… hanging on by a thread. The expression of love, acceptance, understanding and kindness to someone who is struggling or hurting may be the difference between them giving up on themselves and life or finding the courage and hope to keep living.

Give Everyone Grace.

Source

That is what you think, but than Nigeria need no jail because than every person who kill an other person can go free because we didnot know why he make it so we should not juge.

You can go this way that nigeria will become a country where every person can make what he want.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Judge People by crackhaus: 6:13pm On Sep 23, 2014
IrishKez:

Why not or you meant to say I should sieve your words henceforth? undecided

Another empty mail
Still patient and expecting wink
My attachments get lost in the cyber space/world sounds believable to you? cheesy
I should use this line more often...

Have you received them now?
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Judge People by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 23, 2014
crackhaus:
My attachments get lost in the cyber space/world sounds believable to you? cheesy
I should use this line more often...

Have you received them now?
Surely I don't believe that
Just saw it as a subtle way of saying NO! smiley

Oh Crackhaus You blew me away with those
You're cute and special(have followed your posts sometimes) wink

Take flower cutie!

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Judge People by MizMyColi(f): 6:28pm On Sep 23, 2014
nora544:

That is what you think, but than Nigeria need no jail because than every person who kill an other person can go free because we didnot know why he make it so we should not juge.

You can go this way that nigeria will become a country where every person can make what he want.

Opinion Noted.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Judge People by crackhaus: 9:47am On Sep 24, 2014
IrishKez:
Surely I don't believe that
Just saw it as a subtle way of saying NO! smiley

Oh Crackhaus You blew me away with those
You're cute and special(have followed your posts sometimes) wink

Take flower cutie!
Lol...I wonder what I'm to do with a flower tongue

Throway kiss give me na, that's the one I want...deep one grin
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Judge People by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 24, 2014
crackhaus:
Lol...I wonder what I'm to do with a flower tongue

Throway kiss give me na, that's the one I want...deep one grin

African man, bring it close to your nose and inhale
The feeling is indescribable!
Try it wink cheesy
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Judge People by crackhaus: 10:56am On Sep 24, 2014
IrishKez:

African man, bring it close to your nose and inhale
The feeling is indescribable!
Try it wink cheesy
The only flower/leaf that gives me an indescribable feeling when I inhale it is weed grin

Irish potato, don't be stingy...throway kiss jor tongue
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Judge People by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 24, 2014
crackhaus:
The only flower/leaf that gives me an indescribable feeling when I inhale it is weed grin

Irish potato, don't be stingy...throway kiss jor tongue
Lies!
You don't smoke weed. The red lips wouldn't be there wink

You don't wanna know my reaction when I saw the attachments coolcheesy
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Judge People by crackhaus: 11:30am On Sep 24, 2014
IrishKez:
Lies!
You don't smoke weed. The red lips wouldn't be there wink

You don't wanna know my reaction when I saw the attachments coolcheesy
Hmmm...I didn't think they were red o, light pink maybe.. I used to smoke, but not as a habit wink

What was your reaction?
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Judge People by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 24, 2014
crackhaus:
Hmmm...I didn't think they were red o, light pink maybe.. I used to smoke, but not as a habit wink

What was your reaction?

Right there

I was like OMG he actually send it. Then I gasp in breath, followed by apprehension mixed with curiosity
I'd never gone this far with a total stranger(even rare with people I come in contact with on a daily basis)
I had to go back to follow some of your post in nl to determine the kind of person am dealing with.
I read through your interaction with people and was a bit relieved. I went back to my mail and decided to open the attachments.
By now my palm was sweaty and sorta jittery. cry
Then I was blown away after the first click....! embarassed cheesy

You're good sir!
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Judge People by crackhaus: 12:12pm On Sep 24, 2014
IrishKez:

Right there

I was like OMG he actually send it. Then I gasp in breath, followed by apprehension mixed with curiosity
I'd never gone this far with a total stranger(even rare with people I come in contact with on a daily basis)
I had to go back to follow some of your post in nl to determine the kind of person am dealing with.
I read through your interaction with people and was a bit relieved. I went back to my mail and decided to open the attachments.
By now my palm was sweaty and sorta jittery. cry
Then I was blown away after the first click....! embarassed cheesy

You're good sir!
Oh wow, you really do know how express yourself clearly and paint pictures with words... wink grin

Good to know that my post history didn't offend you, I see you're still on the 'sir' title huh?
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Judge People by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 24, 2014
crackhaus:
Oh wow, you really do know how express yourself clearly and paint pictures with words... wink grin

Good to know that my post history didn't offend you, I see you're still on the 'sir' title huh?
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Judge People by crackhaus: 9:00pm On Sep 24, 2014
IrishKez: .
Hi..sorry, I've been offline.
Let me know when you want to ask your question, I'm oddly curious as to what it might be.

Lol @your comment about readers and judgment grin
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Judge People by mentorandfriend(m): 11:05pm On Sep 24, 2014
Please may I add a sixth? Thank you. We should not judge because we could be the ones with the problem. See this story below.

A man was having some difficulty communicating with his wife, and he concluded that she was becoming hard of hearing. So he decided to conduct a test without her knowing about it.

One evening, he sat on a chair on the far side of the room. His wife was stitching a piece of clothe. Her back was to him and she could not see him. Very quietly he whispered, "Can you hear me?" There was no response.

Moving a little closer, he asked again, "Can you hear me now?" Still no reply.

Quietly, he edged closer and whispered the same words, but still no reply. Finally, he moved right behind her and said, "Can you hear me now?"

To his surprise and chagrin she responded with irritation in her voice, "For the fourth time, yes!"

MORAL OF THE LESSON
He was the one with the hearing problem after all.
Source: Our daily bread, June 2001.

Then I add:
We cannot love when we judge, we cannot be kind when we judge, we cannot find beauty when we judge.

Our impressions about people are almost always wrong.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Judge People by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 26, 2014
crackhaus:
Hi..sorry, I've been offline.
Let me know when you want to ask your question, I'm oddly curious as to what it might be.

Lol @your comment about readers and judgment grin

It's ok
Just let me know once your around here
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Judge People by crackhaus: 3:45pm On Sep 26, 2014
IrishKez:

It's ok
Just let me know once your around here
I am now.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Judge People by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 26, 2014
crackhaus:
I am now.

Good afternoon
First of all, am sorry if I'd heightened your curiosity unnecessarily cos it's actually nothing serious but am just curious you know cheesy

1. I have noticed that about 90%(sorry for my whack stats) cheesy of your presence in NL is always in the family section, why?
2. Why did you delete your diary?
Hope am not prying too much though? winksmiley
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Judge People by crackhaus: 4:08pm On Sep 26, 2014
IrishKez:

Good afternoon
First of all, am sorry if I'd heightened your curiosity unnecessarily cos it's actually nothing serious but am just curious you know cheesy

1. I have noticed that about 90%(sorry for my whack stats) cheesy of your presence in NL is always in the family section, why?
2. Why did you delete your diary?
Hope am not prying too much though? winksmiley
1. The interaction with some posters there stimulates my thinking, more things to learn as well. However, I visit many other sections to browse through topics...I just only comment more on family section.
I used to be a very regular poster on romance section, you weren't around then tongue cheesy
A good number of the people I'm friends with outside NL, I met on romance section.

2. I realized I didn't want to continue...I didn't see the point anymore.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Judge People by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 26, 2014
crackhaus:
1. The interaction with some posters there stimulates my thinking, more things to learn as well. However, I visit many other sections to browse through topics...I just only comment more on family section.
I used to be a very regular poster on romance section, you weren't around then tongue cheesy
A good number of the people I'm friends with outside NL, I met on romance section.

2. I realized I didn't want to continue...I didn't see the point anymore.

1. I take it that you're having some personal challenges with your family or learning the rope to establishing a successful family probably soonest wink

Hmmmm, you don't want to know how long I've been here although as a guest before registering my first moniker that was swept away sad
Most friends(among whom are regular posters) I have there I know them before now and sought them out myself after registering

Am not certain I want to do the later bolded, but men are always daring(not that some women are not) and I like their specie for that cheesy

2. Is that why you deleted it, cos I'd think that you'd have just left it fallow like some others who couldn't continue
Do you have regrets starting/sharing some stuff there, could it be the reason behind the deletion?
Sometimes its good we stare at our immaturity as life goes on cos it has a way of improving our present self, don't you think?

PS: Sorry if you feel am being nosy. It's my professional self(investigative journalism expert) cheesy that is behind the keyboard right now.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Judge People by crackhaus: 5:19pm On Sep 26, 2014
IrishKez:

1. I take it that you're having some personal challenges with your family or learning the rope to establishing a successful family probably soonest wink
Hahaha.. of all places to learn how to establish a family or to find solutions to personal challenges, it's NL's family section I would go to? You must be kidding cheesy
It's mainly about the debates on there, I like those...and yes, they can be oddly stimulating and interesting. wink

Hmmmm
Am not certain I want to do the later bolded, but men are always daring(not that some women are not) and I like their specie for that cheesy
It's not as bad as you make it seem. Yeah it could get personal, but that's not such a bad thing either...loads of Nairalanders have gotten to know other Nairalanders really well and met them in real life, myself included.

2. Is that why you deleted it, cos I'd think that you'd have just left it fallow like some others who couldn't continue
Do you have regrets starting/sharing some stuff there, could it be the reason behind the deletion?
I didn't share anything personal even, it was just a list I came across on the web one time which I posted...nothing to be regretful about.

PS: Sorry if you feel am being nosy. It's my professional self(investigative journalism expert) cheesy that is behind the keyboard now
Is that what you're studying?
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Judge People by crackhaus: 5:25pm On Sep 26, 2014
IrishKez:
Sometimes its good we stare at our immaturity as life goes on cos it has a way of improving our present self, don't you think?
I'm not sure I get what you're saying, elaborate please...
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Judge People by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 26, 2014
crackhaus:
Hahaha.. of all places to learn how to establish a family or to find solutions to personal challenges, it's NL's family section I would go to? You must be kidding cheesy
It's mainly about the debates on there, I like those...and yes, they can be oddly stimulating and interesting. wink

I get you, however some people may have a contrary view
Keep seeing loads of threads asking for advise on some stuff or the other
Behind the arrays of yabbings, they're certain to get some valuable informations

crackhaus:
It's not as bad as you make it seem. Yeah it could get personal, but that's not such a bad thing either...loads of Nairalanders have gotten to know other Nairalanders really well and met them in real life, myself included.

Anyway I can only say it work both ways
Caution is the watchword here for me

crackhaus:
I didn't share anything personal even, it was just a list I came across on the web one time which I posted...nothing to be regretful about.

Ok, if you say so...

crackhaus:

Masscom
Want to major in investigative journalism(Msc)
Gat to unravel the actual mastermind of the death of chief Ken Saro Wiwa winkcheesy
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Judge People by crackhaus: 5:51pm On Sep 26, 2014
IrishKez:

I get you, however some people may have a contrary view
Keep seeing loads of threads asking for advise on some stuff or the other
Behind the arrays of yabbings, they're certain to get some valuable informations

Anyway I can only say it work both ways
Caution is the watchword here for me

Ok, if you say so...

Masscom
Want to major in investigative journalism(Msc)
Gat to unravel the actual mastermind of the death of chief Ken Saro Wiwa winkcheesy
Hmmnm, an impressive goal to set for yourself...unraveling the intricacies behind the death of Ken Saro Wiwa that is wink

What exactly are you being cautious about? cheesy
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Judge People by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 26, 2014
crackhaus:
Hmmnm, an impressive goal to set for yourself...unraveling the intricacies behind the death of Ken Saro Wiwa that it wink

What exactly are you being cautious about? cheesy

Thanks cheesy

A whole lot. Did you remember Cynthia Okagbari of 2yrs ago and her Facebook friends? She may have been cautious but you know men can sweep you off your feet with enchanting words and you'll throw caution to the wind. That could have been her fate.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Judge People by crackhaus: 6:18pm On Sep 26, 2014
IrishKez:

Thanks cheesy

A whole lot. Did you remember Cynthia Okagbari of 2yrs ago and her Facebook friends? She may have been cautious but you know men can sweep you off your feet with enchanting words and you'll throw caution to the wind. That could have been her fate.
Okay I can't fault this reason, but still you can always keep yourself from being swept off your feet... or are you very impressionable? grin
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Judge People by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 26, 2014
crackhaus:
Okay I can't fault this reason, but still you can always keep yourself from being swept off your feet... or are you very impressionable? grin

I cannot say whether I am impressionable but I do know am a woman. We're made of fragile heart that are sometimes not too difficult to get at(not by persistent lots out there). Trust me am not bluffing saying this cheesy

Believe me, some guys already impressed me in this forum and are willing to go a step further but am the one holding the rope cos I may loose a lot along the line if I give in and secondly things don't always appear as they seem.(this is the scariest part) embarassed
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Judge People by crackhaus: 8:47pm On Sep 26, 2014
IrishKez:

I cannot say whether I am impressionable but I do know am a woman. We're made of fragile heart that are sometimes not too difficult to get at(not by persistent lots out there). Trust me am not bluffing saying this cheesy

Believe me, some guys already impressed me in this forum and are willing to go a step further but am the one holding the rope cos I may loose a lot along the line if I give in and secondly things don't always appear as they seem.(this is the scariest part) embarassed
Lol @fragile heart.

As for things not appearing like they seem, well you can never know till you try...but Ok, I kind of understand where you coming from wink
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Judge People by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 26, 2014
crackhaus:
Lol @fragile heart.

As for things not appearing like they seem, well you can never know till you try...but Ok, I kind of understand where you coming from wink
Yes o
Weaker vessels cheesy

Sure I shall do that when I shall do it and of course it has to be with real person I know very well.
Thanks for your time, patient and understanding
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Judge People by crackhaus: 9:29pm On Sep 26, 2014
IrishKez:
Yes o
Weaker vessels cheesy

Sure I shall do that when I shall do it and of course it has to be with real person I know very well.
Thanks for your time, patient and understanding
I still don't qualify after your 99 questions? cheesy
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Judge People by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 26, 2014
crackhaus:
I still don't qualify after your 99 questions? cheesy

Lmaoo @ 99 questions cheesy

Actually dear I still have a long way to go and many more goals to attain to(at least I'd have tried). Cannot pause someone's life cos I selfishly want them to wait for me till when I don't even know. It's pure wickedness and should I even think of doing it, it'll derail me too.

Frankly however, I must say you're good and deserves better, if things actually appear like they seem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Epic And Hilarious Moments Back In Secondary Schools In Nigeria With Photos / See The Reason A Man Lifted His Hand Up For 45 Years / Carnage Along Lagos Benin Express Way. My Heart Bleeds: (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.